Located on the central Florida Atlantic coast, Daytona Beach is synonymous with the excitement of car racing. The wide beaches with tightly packed sand made a good surface for car races back in the 1930s, and NASCAR has made its home here since it was founded in 1948.
A visit to the Daytona International Speedway is a must-do. Almost equally famous is the Daytona Beach Boardwalk and Pier, where you’ll find all kinds of seaside fun including rides, fresh seafood, live music and even a quiet spot to relax in the day or watch the sunset.
Oceanfront is the natural choice for accommodations, with a variety of upscale boutique hotels, quirky beach bungalows and modern holiday rentals available. Here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Daytona Beach, Florida (in no particular order)…
1. Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach – a fun, funky and hip hotel that offers stunning ocean views and a vibrant, themed design
A fancy hotel nestled on a beach along the Atlantic Ocean, about six miles from Daytona International Speedway. The uniqueness of Hard Rock Hotel lies in its hip, music-themed rooms that come equipped with flat-screen TVs, minifridges, coffee makers, and Wi-Fi.
One- and two-bedroom suites add separate living rooms, fireplaces, and/or terraces with ocean views.
An oceanfront outdoor pool, an open-air bar with live music, a relaxed cafe, a spacious restaurant, and a 24-hour fitness center await you at Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach
2. Daytona Grande Oceanfront Resort – a unique, modern and trendy hotel with direct access to the beach
Located in an ultra-modern tower alongside the Atlantic Ocean and Daytona Beach, Daytona Grande Oceanfront Resort is a 4-star hotel with an oceanfront outdoor pool, a poolside bar, and an upscale restaurant.
Elegant rooms at Daytona Grande Oceanfront Resort feature flat-screen TVs, Wi-Fi, minifridges, and coffee makers. Some rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows looking onto the ocean.
One- and two-bedroom suites add living rooms and fully functional kitchenettes. Guests also have direct access to the beach and an on-site gym.
Address: 422 N Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Daytona Grande Oceanfront Resort
3. Club Wyndham Ocean Walk – easily one of the coolest hotels to stay in Daytona Beach perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
A chic, high-rise property nestled on beautiful grounds near Daytona Lagoon water park. The perfect beachside location of the hotel elevates your vacation in Daytona Beach.
Guests are lodged in bright studios with free Wi-Fi, kitchenettes, and flat-screen TVs. One- to three-bedroom suites add separate living areas with pull-out sofas. Some suites offer whirlpool tubs and/or mesmerizing views of the Atlantic Ocean.
The hotel also boasts two indoor and outdoor pools, a lazy river, a waterslide, and a poolside bar. A game room, a coffee shop, and a fitness center are also available.
Address: 300 N Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Club Wyndham Ocean Walk
4. The Daytona, Autograph Collection – the perfect place for a beach gateway close to local attractions
Set in an industrial park near Daytona International Speedway, The Daytona is a full-service hotel featuring distinct decor and excellent amenities. It is a 5- to 10-minute drive from the Daytona Beach International Airport and Daytona Beach.
Inspired by the motorsports history of Daytona, the 4-star hotel boasts a great collection of memorabilia, displayed in a small on-site museum.
The refined hotel offers luxurious accommodation in down-to-earth rooms with all basic amenities, including flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, minifridges, and coffee makers. Some rooms come with balconies and suites add separate sitting areas. There’s also an outdoor pool, a hot tub, a restaurant, a fitness center, and a bar offering speedway views.
Address: 1870 Victory Cir, Daytona Beach, FL 32114, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Daytona, Autograph Collection
5. Max Beach Resort – an upscale oceanfront resort that offers a hot tub and an outdoor swimming pool
An oceanfront hotel with a futuristic architectural style, located less than a mile from Daytona Beach Broadway and Daytona Beach Pier. Condo-style accommodations are what distinguishes this sophisticated resort from nearby hotels.
The high-end hotel has 72 individually designed and well-appointed rooms with free Wi-Fi, 65-inch flat-screen TV, coffee and tea-making equipment, sitting areas, and sofa beds. Two- and three-bedroom suites come with separate dining areas and patios offering ocean views.
On-site amenities at Max Beach Resort include an outdoor pool, a fitness center, a sun terrace, and a shared lounge.
Address: 1901 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach Shores, FL 32118, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Max Beach Resort
6. Daytona Beach Resort – Ocean view studio condo – a funky upscale place to stay near major shops and restaurants
A refined hotel offering luxurious accommodation with a wide range of in-room and on-site amenities. All units of this elegant resort are equipped with flat-screen TVs, kitchenettes, dining areas, and en suite bathrooms with hot tubs and showers.
Each studio at Daytona Beach Resort features one large double and one futon bed, sleeping up to four people. Guests can take a dip in a beachfront, outdoor swimming pool, and indoor pool. Other amenities include a shared lounge, a fitness center, an ATM, and a bar.
Address: 2700 North Atlantic Avenue 821, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Daytona Beach Resort – Ocean view studio condo
7. Bahama House – Daytona Beach Shores – one of the most Instagrammable hotels in Daytona Beach
Set in a sophisticated building on the beach, Bahama House is a boutique hotel directly facing the mighty Atlantic Ocean. It is less than a 2-minute drive from downtown Daytona Beach and therefore provides easy access to tons of restaurants, shops, and attractions on Beach Street.
Rooms and studios at Bahama House feature tropical decor and come equipped with a broad range of amenities, including TVs, free Wi-Fi, minifridges, microwaves, coffee makers, and balconies with ocean views.
Book a studio to enjoy advanced amenities like whirlpool tubs and full kitchens. Freebies include a daily cocktail reception, fresh-baked cookies, and continental breakfast. You can dip in the on-site outdoor pool or soak up the sun at the adjoining sundeck.
- To book, check prices or availability for Bahama House – Daytona Beach Shores
8. Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Oceanfront – a tropical beachfront hotel where guests can enjoy a stylish extended stay hotel
A rustic-chic, all-suite hotel perched on the North Atlantic Ocean beach, a few miles from Daytona Beach Boardwalk. A wide range of in-room amenities are available at the 3-star hotel, including free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, full kitchens, sitting areas with pull-out sofas, and desks.
Balconies with ocean views are available in most rooms. One- and two-bedroom suites come with separate living rooms and/or whirlpool tubs. Regular evening socials, breakfast, parking, and grocery delivery are complimentary to all guests.
Enjoy a well-cooked meal at the on-site oceanfront restaurant. Other on-site amenities include a fitness center, a business center, a coin-operated laundry, an outdoor pool, and a hot tub.
Address: 3209 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach Shores, FL 32118, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Oceanfront
9. The Streamline Hotel – Daytona Beach – a cool and trendy retro-style hotel that provides a year-round outdoor pool
A laid-back hotel in a multi-story, deco-style art building dating back to the 1940s. This cool Daytona Beach hotel boasts bright, well-ventilated rooms with free Wi-Fi, smart TVs, coffee makers, and mini-fridges. Studios come with kitchenettes and suites have separate living rooms.
The polished hotel is within walking distance of the Daytona Beach Pier, with its rooftop bar overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. You can also indulge in authentic American grub at the on-site, retro-style restaurant with a full bar.
Address: 140 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Streamline Hotel – Daytona Beach
10. Daytona Beach Resort – a modern and vibrant hotel that features 4 swimming pools, great for families
Set in a 12-story beachfront building, Daytona Beach Resort features snug rooms and suites with upscale amenities like flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, kitchenettes, and balconies with sweeping ocean views.
The hotel also features three outdoor pools, a waterfront restaurant specializing in American cuisine, an indoor pool, a spa, a 24-hour business center, and a poolside bar among other on-site amenities.
- To book, check prices or availability for Daytona Beach Resort
11. Pirates Cove Resort Studios! – a charming and cute budget option resort that features a private beach area
Located about a mile from Ponce Inlet Beach, this beachside property offers the comfort of home and the amenities of a 5-star hotel. There are three air-conditioned rooms with en suite bathrooms and kitchenettes.
On-site amenities include four outdoor swimming pools and a fitness center. Popular points of interest near the property include Daytona International Speedway, Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse Museum, Sunglow Pier, and Fornari Pier.
Address: 3501 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Pirates Cove Resort Studios!
12. Cheerful 2 bed 2 bath house with hot tub! – a trendy holiday home ideal for larger groups
A relaxed holiday home located within walking distance of the beach. With two bedrooms and a living room with a sofa bed, the property can sleep up to six people. There are two bathrooms, a fully-equipped kitchen, a dining area, and a patio with beautiful river views.
A hot tub, a tennis court, and barbecue facilities are also available. Guests can enjoy plenty of activities nearby, such as fishing, hiking, cycling, and snorkeling.
Address: 14 South Halifax Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Cheerful 2 bed 2 bath house with hot tub!
We also have posts on…
- Cool and hip hotels in Vero Beach
- Cool and hip hotels in Miami
- Cool and hip hotels in Palm Beach/West Palm Beach
- Cool and hip hotels in St Augustine
- Cool and hip hotels in Sanibel Island
- Cool and hip hotels in Key West
- Cool and hip hotels in Key Largo
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Clearwater/St Petersburg
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.