Playground for the rich, famous and the beautiful people, Aspen, Colorado is one of the world’s most famous mountain destinations. It’s mostly known for its skiing with four ski resorts nearby to choose from, but people also flock to the upscale destination for the partying, excellent restaurants, the abundance of luxury boutiques and exclusive art galleries and the historic downtown area.
When springtime arrives expect beautiful mirrored lakes, incredible scenery, music festivals, arts and miles-upon miles of hiking trails. Now you just need to find a special place to stay, so from chic and intimate boutiques to grand, fun and modern, here are the best cool and unusual hotels to stay in Aspen, Colorado (in no particular order)…
1. W Aspen – a hip, cool and very Instagrammable design hotel perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
A luxury and very cool lifestyle hotel sitting at the base of one of the best mountains for skiing and adventure in North America.
Stunning views surround the fun halet-style hotel complex, with modern design throughout extending to the spacious, bright accommodation, perfect for relaxing after a day on the slopes.
There are three dining options for relaxed indoor and outdoor eating, and of course, the vast choice of restaurants and eateries in Aspen itself, while a fitness center and guided fitness training outdoors on offer too.
As well as being a great party hotel in Aspen, there are bike rentals, ski and paragliding experiences are all available for those with a taste for adventure.
- To book, check prices or availability for W Aspen
2. Aspen Meadows Resort – a secluded trendy sanctuary surrounded by picturesque mountain views
Sitting in 40 acres of its own beautiful land, this luxury hotel resort embraces sustainable hospitality, and offers a tranquil, relaxing space to enjoy the magnificence of the natural world and the best of Aspen together.
Modern design creates space and comfort in the rooms, which deliver a contemporary hotel experience that is among the best in the area.
The resort is a themed hotel, with extensive artwork to be viewed right across the property, not just indoors but with impressive sculptures in the stunning surrounds too. A health center and tennis center and wonderful dining all contribute to a memorable experience in this amazing hotel.
- To book, check prices or availability for Aspen Meadows Resort
3. The Gant – Aspen’s finest condominium resort and a very popular place to stay for both couples and families
A luxury hotel resort in the heart of Aspen surrounded by stunning scenery and exceptional year-round adventure and activities.
With 140 condos all offering their own unique style, this modern hotel-style resort brings you contemporary luxury and traditional mountain style to create welcoming, relaxing and comfortable accommodation that has you feeling right at home.
Pepperjack’s Café offers casual dining on-site, and you are surrounded by the restaurants and cafes of Aspen for endless dining options, while the resort has 2 swimming pools, five tennis courts, a fitness center and bike rental.
With hiking and biking trails in the summer and easy access to the gondolas for winter skiing, this is a luxury boutique hotel in Aspen for all seasons.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Gant
4. The Little Nell – a unique, upscale and contemporary hotel perfect for a romantic stay
The only five-star, five-diamond luxury hotel in Aspen, this is an experience you will never forget.
Cosmopolitan style and unended luxury are at the core of the accommodation, maximizing the location with spectacular views from every window.
Three dining options, as well as snacks by the rooftop pool give you plenty of choice, while the cool Aspen hotel runs a range of events and adventures that can take you biking through the mountains or exploring the impressive scenic on offer in the region.
During the winter months, the resort has everything you need for the perfect skiing trip.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Little Nell
5. St. Regis Aspen Resort – one of the best resorts in Aspen where guests will have the ultimate relaxation
A hugely impressive building that opens up into a courtyard with an outdoor pool, this is a luxury ski hotel perfectly placed for enjoying the boutique shopping and restaurants of Aspen as well as the world-class skiing and summer adventure trails that bring so many to the area.
Classic luxury blends with modern amenities for sumptuous, comfortable accommodation, while the resort includes casual dining, a relaxing spa to pamper yourself, fire pits to enjoy the stars in the evening, and of course, fabulous winter skiing and breathtaking summer biking and hiking.
- To book, check prices or availability for St Regis Aspen Resort
6. Ritz Carlton, Aspen Highlands – a chic upscale aparthotel and one of the best stays in Aspen
Surrounded by the stunning views of the Rocky Mountains, this is a luxury hotel that gives you amazing accommodation, superb service and access to the very best of Aspen adventure, whether skiing in the winter or hiking, biking fishing and exploring in the summer.
The accommodation offers classic style, with fully equipped luxury kitchens, king-size beds and stunning touches such as marble floors to bathrooms and more. It’s living at its best.
A concierge service help make the most of your stay, while this Instagram-worthy hotel is just steps from the ski lifts. An onsite restaurant and bistro, outdoor heated pool and ongoing events throughout the year make this a true destination hotel.
- To book, check prices or availability for Ritz Carlton, Aspen Highlands
7. Limelight Hotel Aspen – a modern hotel with a swimming pool that is within walking distance from the Aspen mountains
A modern hotel with chic style in the heart of Aspen, Limelight is a refreshing approach to the Aspen luxury hotel, offering a different experience and one that makes your Aspen trip special.
Rooms are bright and spacious, featuring a microwave and refrigerator and well as a range of technology for your entertainment needs.
A free shuttle takes you to the attractions around town, whether ski lifts or anywhere else you want to go, while electric cars and fat tire bikes are available to hire for adventuring at your own pace. Rooftop terraces and outdoor pool let you relax and soak in that amazing scenery.
- To book, check prices or availability for Limelight Hotel Aspen
8. Mountain Queen #9 – a rustic-chic holiday home perfect for large groups
With 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and stunning views up the slopes of the mountain, this luxury hotel-style modern ski chalet offers superb accommodation and access to the very best of Aspen.
With traditional chalet design and contemporary modern décor, this fantastic Instagram hotel-style space offers luxurious accommodation, perfect for relaxing at the end of a day’s adventure.
Whether hiking and biking in summer or skiing in winter, the fully featured kitchen, open fire, spacious rooms and convenience of being right next to the chair lift make it a perfect choice for an Aspen adventure at your own pace.
- To book, check prices or availability for Mountain Queen #9
9. 700 Monarch 302 – a modern and trendy vacation home set in a serene location
Just 750 yards from the Maroon Lake Scenic Trail, 4 miles from Independence pass and with easy access to the chair lifts, this modern hotel-style condo is perfectly placed for your Aspen adventure any time of year.
Complete with a fully equipped kitchen and satellite TV, as well as being within reach of the fabulous restaurants and attractions of Aspen itself, this comfortable, luxurious accommodation makes you feel instantly at home.
It features ski storage space a deck barbeque, free wi-fi and enough space for you and your family. Stunning views and practical layout make it a great option for enjoying Aspen at your own pace.
- To book, check prices or availability for 700 Monarch 302
10. Little Nell Condo #3 – a well-decorated and equipped holiday home
A 1-bedroom condo in a wonderful position within easy reach of the restaurants and boutique shopping of Aspen, as well as the ski lifts and trails that take you to unending adventure on the mountain slopes.
A luxury hotel-style condo, it features a contemporary design that offers quality furnishings, a fully equipped kitchen and plenty of space to relax and enjoy Aspen life.
Ski storage space is provided, and a terrace allows you to admire the scenery in the evening and enjoy the fresh, crisp mountain air. Ideal for anyone wanting to enjoy Aspen in their own way.
- To book, check prices or availability for Little Nell Condo #3
11. Aspenglow – a quirky-chic and unique holiday home ideal for families, close to great attractions
Named after one his most famous songs, Aspenglow sits just 3.1 miles from The John Denver Sanctuary and offers incredible views, open fires and spacious, comfortable accommodation for the perfect Aspen experience.
A fully equipped kitchen, 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms ensure there is space for everyone on your trip, with cable TV, balcony to admire the views and storage for skis.
A wonderful Instagram hotel-style house, it is the perfect destination for your family or group, within easy reach of Aspen’s famed restaurants and stores, as well as the mountain trails and ski lifts that make your vacation a memorable one.
- To book, check prices or availability for Aspenglow
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Denver
- Cool boutique hotels in Colorado Springs
- Cool boutique hotels in Moab
- Cool boutique hotels in Santa Fe
- Cool boutique hotels in Albuquerque
- Cool boutique hotels in Salt Lake City
- Cool boutique hotels in Las Vegas
- Cool boutique hotels in Sedona
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Boulder
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Telluride
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Steamboat Springs
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Crested Butte
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Vail
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website https://garynunn.co.uk/