Avila Beach in California is a popular and idyllic spot located along the Pacific Highway, one of the most beautiful road journies in the world. It’s a gem of a place with gorgeous boutique hotels which overlook the ocean, fine restaurants, superb local wines, art galleries and independent shops. With its own warm micro-climate and sunny days, it’s also a perfect place to go swimming, paddleboarding, kayaking or just relaxing on the sandy beach. From intimate and cosy boutiques to awesome vacation rentals, here are the best cool and unique hotels to stay in Avila Beach, California (in no particular order)…
1. Avila La Fonda Hotel – a beautiful and unique boutique-style hotel where guests can indulge themselves in exquisite surroundings
With inspiration from Mexican architecture, enjoy delightful views of the Pacific Ocean when you book your stay at Avila La Fonda Hotel.
This chic hotel was once rated as the Best Romantic Hotel by TripAdvisor and is in America’s Top 25 Romantic Hotels. Whether you’re with your sweetheart or with family members, you will be delighted with the upscale amenities available.
There’s 24/7 access to the concierge and an all-day guest pantry. Browse their library if you need a quiet moment to read.
When it’s time to adventure out, consider local attractions such as Hearst Castle, and the Avila Beach Farmers Market.
- Address: 101 San Miguel St, Avila Beach, CA 93424
- To book, check prices or availability for Avila La Fonda Hotel
2. Inn At Avila Beach – a unique tropical-themed inn conveniently based between Los Angeles and San Francisco
During your stay at the Inn at Avila Beach, watch dolphins jump out of the water, seagulls fly by, and boats sail across the Pacific Ocean.
The Avila Experience Suites give you balcony access with an ocean view right from your room. Spanish Villa Suites allow you to relax in a stone-themed oasis. Choose the Island Retreat suite to have a swinging king-sized bed for a more distinct lounging experience.
Five other room types you can choose from including Modern Spa Rooms, Class Spa Retreat, North Island Suite, Owner’s Suite, and the Ford Theater Suite.
- Address: 256 Front St, Avila Beach, CA 93424
- To book, check prices or availability for Inn At Avila Beach
3. Avila Village Inn – a chic and elegant hotel that is within close proximity to great beaches, golf courses and much more
In this 30-room mansion, you will enjoy a California king-sized bed for relaxing and sleeping with access to a personal patio for lovely scenic views of the Avila Valley. One of their rooms even features a hot tub on the patio.
Your stay includes all-time access to the Avila Athletic Club and Spa. Get a discount on local golfing at the Avila Beach Golf Resort when you request the vouchers from a front desk representative.
Live life on the edge and enjoy discounted tickets for ziplining at Margarita Adventures which are also available at the front desk.
- Address: 6655 Laurel Place, Avila Beach, CA 93424
- To book, check prices or availability for Avila Village Inn
4. Avila Lighthouse Suites – one of the most romantic places to stay on Avila beach that offers panoramic ocean views
Avila Lighthouse Suites provides a stellar beach house experience that puts you between Los Angeles and San Francisco, so you have ample attractions to explore during your stay.
Go on a hike to unwind in nature or embark on a fruit-picking adventure at a local U-pick orchard. Sample the best local wines at a nearby winery then take to the sea to go whale watching.
- Address: 550 Front St, Avila Beach, CA 93424
- To book, check prices or availability for Avila Lighthouse Suites
5. Flying Flags Avila Beach – a modern deluxe resort where pets are welcome
Flying Flags Avila Beach overlooks the Central Coast with campsites stationed near the water and RV parking sites for rent. If you’re looking for a beautiful beach stay experience, stay in one of their beach cottages.
The stay experience at Flying Flags allows you to indulge in wine tastings for one hour and go whale watching the next. Yard games are available for your entertainment.
When you need to relax and get some much-needed self-care, the large bathhouses can accommodate your needs. An on-site cafe is coming to the location soon.
- Address: 6450 Babe Ln, Avila Beach, CA 93424
- To book, check prices or availability for Flying Flags Avila Beach
6. Hope Ranch at Avila Valley – a spacious, trendy and modern vacation home that can accommodate a big group of friends and family
Stay within 2 miles of Avila Beach when you rent the Hope Ranch 5-bedroom holiday house. You have full kitchen accommodations with everything you need to cook your favorite meals including a stove, microwave, and dishwasher.
Once you’re done with your adventures, you have access to a commercial washing machine for your laundry. Lounge in one of the bedrooms and watch tv as the laundry load washes.
You may want to relax on the balcony during a warm night and browse on your phone as you enjoy a cup of tea.
- Address: 6559 Avila Valley Dr, Avila Beach, 93405
- To book, check prices or availability for Hope Ranch at Avila Valley
7. Bikini Bungalow – a chic and modern bungalow located in the heart of Avila Beach
Bikini Bungalow is a vacation rental conveniently located nearby Avila Beach Park and the Avila Beach Farmers Market.
With 3 bedrooms, a private balcony, and 24/7 access to a front desk receptionist, you will be living the good life during your stay at the Bikini Bungalow. Cook your desired meals in the equipped kitchen or grab a bit at the nearby Avila Market Restaurant and Mercantile.
- Address: 87 San Miguel St, Avila Beach, 93424
- To book, check prices or availability for Bikini Bungalow
8. Belle Vue – one of the most Instagrammable holiday homes in Avila Beach
Belle Vue is a small vacation rental with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom which is great for a small family or a few friends vacationing together.
Watch the nearby Pacific Ocean from the private balcony during the sunrise or sunset. When you have had enough adventures for the day, lounge in the living area to watch television or browse on your smartphone.
Local attractions include the Kraken Coffee Company and Avila Beach Park.
- Address: 353 1st St, Avila Beach, 93424
- To book, check prices or availability for Belle Vue Avila Beach
9. Beach Front in Avila – a charming cozy vacation home that offers breathtaking sea views
Beach Front in Avila is a holiday home with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. Relax within the peaceful terrace that comes with the holiday home during the day for wondrous views of the local area nearby Avila Beach Park.
If you want some clothing and other wares, stop by Footseas which is only steps away from the holiday home. Grab Avila Beach exclusive T-shirts, lounge pants, hoodies, and other souvenirs.
- Address: 370 Front St, Avila Beach, 93424
- To book, check prices or availability for Beach Front in Avila
10. Casa Alina Unit A – beautiful new luxury vacation rental perfect for longer stays in Avila Beach
Rather than rent a hotel room, have an entire 4-bedroom beach house for you and your family or friends to lounge in comfortable privacy.
Located 7.5 miles from the San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, you have access to the sunny tourist attractions in the area including the Alapay Cellars Tasting Room.
Relax on the balcony on a sunny afternoon or watch the sunset after a long day of adventuring in the local area.
- Address: 2895 Avila Beach Dr, Unit B, Avila Beach, 93424
- To book, check prices or availability for Casa Alina Unit A
We also have posts on…
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Pismo Beach
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Santa Barbara
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Carmel
- Cool Boutique Hotels in San Francisco
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Santa Cruz
- Cool Boutique Hotels in San Jose
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Napa Valley
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Sacramento
- Cool Boutique Hotels in San Francisco
- Cool Boutique hotels in Laguna Beach
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Monterey
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Santa Rosa
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Beverley Hills
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Cambria
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Solvang
- Cool and hip hotels in San Luis Obispo
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Paso Robles
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.