Dubbed the New York of the Mediterranean for its glitzy high rises and eclectic nightlife, Benidorm offers fun in the sun as well as charm and historical heritage to contemporary entertainment and nature reserves overlooking the sea.
One of the most popular destinations in Spain’s province of Alicante, Benidorm is much-loved for its beaches, interesting historic quarters and friendly, lively atmosphere.
Now you just need to find a place to stay, so to make your break a little away from the norm, here are our top cool and unusual hotels in Benidorm, Spain (in no particular order)…
1. H10 Porto Poniente 4* Sup – a cool, Insta-worthy, new and hip hotel offering guests a beachfront location moments away from the lively party scene
One of the most glamorous residences on Poniente Beach, the H10 is a newly constructed seafront hotel featuring modern rooms, 2 plunge pools, the Despacio Spa Center and multiple onsite dining options.
The interiors have a lovely nautical theme with maritime-inspired decorations. The guest rooms are decked with subtle colours and modern appliances, featuring multiple categories, including Classic Atrium, Classic Terrace, Junior Suites, Grand Terrace Junior Suites, and Poniente Junior Suite.
I remember looking forward to starting my day with the hotel’s breakfast and would often indulge in the hearty dinner buffet served at the onsite Tortuga Restaurant. The Rooftop Bar Marea Alta offers a plunge pool and a child-friendly paddling pool.
- To book, check prices or availability for H10 Porto Poniente 4* Sup
2. Hotel Primavera Park – a trendy, cool and Instagrammable hotel perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
An oasis of modern luxuries situated in the heart of Benidorm, Primavera Park is the ideal base to spend time exploring the historic attractions and the beach.
This upscale resort offers 206 accommodations in multiple categories, including Comfort, Double, Premium and the exclusive Sunset Penthouse.
The onsite Great Oasis Pool features the Chill-Out Terrace – the ultimate spot to relax on a hammock and sip Mai Tais with panoramic views of the Park of Aiguera. The onsite buffet restaurant offers an impressively wide selection of Asian, Indian, Italian and Mediterranean fares.
Selvatico, the onsite bar, welcomes partygoers to attend live music sessions and lounge by the infinity pool.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Primavera Park
3. INNSiDE by Meliá Costablanca – Adults Only from 16 – a lavish, trendy and fun hotel where guests can experience a party atmosphere on the rooftop terrace
Sea lovers craving unobstructed views of the Mediterranean are bound to fall in love with this beachside hotel. One of the best destinations for couples and reunions, INNSiDE offers a delightful ambience to relax and unwind by the sea or immerse in the tourist attractions of Benidorm.
The lineup includes Single Room, INNSiDE Room, INNSiDE Side Sea View, INNSiDE Front Sea View, and Studio Front Sea View. Guests enjoy access to indoor and outdoor lounging spaces, and a poolside bar serving Mediterranean cuisine.
The hotel offers multiple onsite entertainments, and guests can end their day with flavorful cocktails and DJ sessions on the rooftop.
- To book, check prices or availability for INNSiDE by Meliá Costablanca – Adults Only from 16
4. The Level at Meliá Villaitana – one of the most upscale resorts in Benidorm where guests can enjoy a modern, chic and idyllic stay
Nestled between Costa Blanca’s two most popular golf courses, The Level at Melia Villaitana offers a wealth of high-end amenities and recreational facilities. The interiors have an authentic Mediterranean appeal, while the furniture and amenities reflect an emphasis on fun and relaxation.
The Level accommodations are a class apart, featuring luxuriously soft bedding, smart appliances and extensive space to lounge around and enjoy the views. The selection includes Grand Suite, Penthouse Suite, Family Suite and Royal Suite, among other options.
The onsite amenities include a heated outdoor pool, a lake-style pool, a convention center, the YHI Spa, and multiple dining options, including the buffet-style Botanic Restaurant.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Level at Meliá Villaitana
5. Complejo Belroy 4* Sup – a hip, spacious and contemporary resort in a location perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Complejo Belroy attracts sightseers with its convenient location in Benidorm’s heart, just a 5-minute stroll from the beach and the city center. Travelers can explore main attractions and leisure spots on foot and end their sightseeing adventures with a dip in the luxe outdoor pool.
The resort features two buildings with guest rooms and individually-owned apartments. The rooms are ideal for romantic getaways and family vacations, while the apartments offer more autonomy, perfect for extended trips and reunions.
All units are equipped with air conditioning, minibars, smart appliances and high-speed WiFi. The two buildings share a variety of amenities, including a 24-hour reception, a buffet-style restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, and a pool.
- To book, check prices or availability for Complejo Belroy 4* Sup
6. Hotel Cimbel – a unique, stylish and elegant hotel in close proximity to local popular attractions
Nestled on Levante Beach within proximity to Benidorm’s historic town, Hotel Cimbel boasts a magical setting overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. The highlight of my stay at Cimbel was splashing around by the pool, followed by a hearty serving of tapas at the poolside café-bar.
Cimbel offers refined accommodations in various categories, including Suites, Luxury with private pools, Deluxe with panoramic sea views, the sea-facing Premium, and Superior with partial sea views.
I was particularly overjoyed to discover there’s a separate pool for children, making the outdoor pool, with sun loungers and a jacuzzi, a lovely spot to unwind after a tiring day of sightseeing.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Cimbel
7. Gastrohotel Boutique RH Canfali – a design, chic and upscale boutique hotel providing guests with views overlooking the beautiful Mediterranean sea
An upscale boutique hotel that combines old-world charm with indulgent gastronomy, Gastrohotel Is established in one of Benidorm’s most enchanting historic buildings. The seafront location creates a romantic setting to revel in Mother Nature’s splendors, without distancing vacationers from the beaches of Levante and Poniente.
Guests can explore beautifully decorated rooms with private terraces that open onto the Mediterranean Sea or opt for a room facing the magnificent Plaza de la Iglesia de San Jaime. Gastronomy is one of the highlights of the experience, and the onsite buffet restaurant serves a wide selection of traditional, homemade meals.
Gastrohotel is also home to Benidorm’s famous D. Vora Restaurant – serving traditional Mediterranean delicacies with an avant-garde twist.
- To book, check prices or availability for Gastrohotel Boutique RH Canfali
8. Port Benidorm Hotel & Spa 4* Sup – a newly renovated, sleek and bright hotel featuring a wellness center with an adults-only area
An 18-storey establishment on Levante Beach, Port Benidorm Hotel & Spa is a dreamy venue for a family vacation, with a wealth of child-friendly recreations. Adults can soothe their senses with hydrotherapy and massages at the onsite Spa, while their little ones delight themselves in the children’s water area.
Port Benidorm features 288 accommodations in various categories. The M Rooms feature single or double beds with limited options offering sea views and private balconies. The L Rooms are designed to accommodate 3 people, and some units come with balconies overlooking the sea.
The XL Rooms, also available with sea views, are the hotel’s most spacious units designed for large groups and families.
- To book, check prices or availability for Port Benidorm Hotel & Spa 4* Sup
9. Casual Pop Art Benidorm – a vibrant, fun and creative hotel within walking distance of Mal Pas Beach, Elche Park and the city center
An eclectic hotel dedicated to pop art, Casual Pop Art celebrates the work of renowned artists like Blake, Hockney, Haring, Lichtenstein and Warhol. The guest rooms and suites are adorned with vibrant colors and artworks, with an assortment of modern amenities.
The hotel offers a wide selection of categories, featuring the ideal setting for singles, couples, families and large groups. The Double with Sea View Terrace is perfect for couples traveling with kids, while the Quadruple Sea View attracts large groups with its spacious confines and furnished balcony.
Hotel Pop Art also offers a lineup of Economy Double suites, while the Family Rooms are perfect for children and reunions.
- To book, check prices or availability for Casual Pop Art Benidorm
10. Hotel Don Pancho – Designed for Adults – a contemporary, unique and tranquil hotel located in the heart of Benidorm
Don Pancho offers a splendid location one block away from Levante Beach, surrounded by Benidorm’s hippest bars, cafes and dining venues. The city center is a 15-minute stroll away, and guests can explore innumerable attractions on foot.
This modern hotel features 256 accommodations in 5 categories: Standard Room, Superior Room, Suite, Penthouse and Penthouse Suite. All units are designed with soothing palettes of creams and grays and equipped with minibars, flat-screen TVs and modern appliances.
Don Pancho is home to the best buffet restaurant in Benidorm, and I had the pleasure of verifying this claim with a hearty feast comprising Mediterranean cuisine and foreign flavors.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Don Pancho – Designed for Adults
11. Sandos Monaco – Adults Only – a stylish, funky and modern hotel steps away from an array of restaurants, bars and shops
An adult-only hotel situated near the beach, Sandos Monaco is popular among outdoor enthusiasts and water sports lovers. It attracts a diverse crowd of vacationers, including backpackers, couples, families and luxury-seekers, with its wide variety of boarding options.
Guests can enjoy all-inclusive experiences, bed & breakfast-like arrangements, or opt for half-board services, depending on their budget and needs. The modern accommodations tempt nature lovers with panoramic views of the Mediterranean and surrounding mountains.
The resort offers a state-of-the-art spa, an outdoor pool, and multiple onsite bars and restaurants. Travelers can sign up for a variety of wellness-focused activities, including yoga lessons, chocolate workshops and healthy cocktail courses.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sandos Monaco – Adults Only
12. Hotel Boutique Villa Venecia – an elegant, new and 5-star boutique hotel perfect for a couple’s romantic getaway
Villa Venecia is a 5-star boutique hotel that promises luxurious interiors, gourmet cuisine and panoramic views in the heart of the historic quarters. The Mediterranean-style interiors create a relaxing ambience, and the units are designed to maximize comfort with plush bedding and furniture.
The lineup of accommodations features Standard, Superior and Double Rooms and a string of exclusive sea-facing units, such as the Jacuzzi Yacht Club and the Presidential Suite.
Guests can wake up to mesmerizing sea views, splash around in the outdoor pool, and sign up for rejuvenating massages at the onsite spa. The hotel’s gourmet lounge, Llum de Benidorm, serves authentic Mediterranean cuisine with locally farmed ingredients.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Boutique Villa Venecia
We also have posts on…
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Alicante
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Valencia
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Barcelona
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Madrid
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in San Sebastian
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Majorca
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Ibiza
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Magaluf
Scott started his travelling life back in 1999, when he headed off on a solo jaunt to South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia with just a backpack, a camera and a spirit for adventure. After that, the travel bug bit hard and now he is always seeking to head off somewhere new. Over the years he has lived in Italy, Qatar, Ireland, UK and the US but his spiritual home will always be Rome as this is the city which most satisfies his unrelenting craving for culture, good food and great football. Scott loves nothing better than to be behind the camera and also runs his own blog and Instagram page. He also counts Melbourne, Cape Town and Tel Aviv among his favourite places. Follow him on Twitter and Instagram at @scottbalaam