Small, impossibly beautiful with blush pink sands and pastel-colored houses, Bermuda is one of the most sought-after travel destinations in the world. The idyllic gem nestled in the warm turquoise waters of the Sargasso Sea has flavors of British and American cultures.
Dive or snorkel the surrounding reefs, explore the stately mansions and forts, discover fine restaurants and cocktail serving bars, hike through lush greenery, indulge in watersports or just laze around on the perfect beaches for a truly dreamy vacation. From gorgeous boutiques to the trendiest places to be seen at, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Bermuda (in no particular order)…
1. The Loren at Pink Beach – the “it” place to stay in Bermuda perfect for partying Millenials and Gen Zs
Five-star hotel accommodations and impeccable resort amenities to create the ideal Bermuda luxury vacation
A new level of elegance and style is brought to your Bermuda vacation at the Loren, and whichever room type you choose, it will boast a cool and contemporary design, and embody a Bermudian spirit infused with an understated, modern look.
With ocean views in every direction, an ambient musical soundscape permeating the resort, and an elevated culinary experience on offer, the hotel will leave a long-lasting impression on you.
For the discerning palate, the menus on offer at the Loren incorporate sustainable, seasonal, and local ingredients into innovative dishes. From the Marée restaurant to the Pink Beach Club to the private dining offerings, no detail here is overlooked.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Loren at Pink Beach
2. The St Regis Bermuda Resort – one of the best resorts in Bermuda, ideal for a cool couple’s romantic break
A haven of oceanfront opulence, the St. Regis Bermuda Resort is bathed in the charm of a calm turquoise water haven, where stunning views create a certain, unforgettable vibe.
Named Condé Nast 2022 Traveller Hot List winner, the charm of the lavishly appointed accommodations extends to the unparalleled leisure and wellness facilities, which include a pool deck, luxury loungers, and private cabanas overlooking azure waters.
At the hotel’s spa, refined relaxation awaits, with a comprehensive menu of unique, personalized treatments using precious, natural elements.
The 120 elegant guestrooms feature private balconies and are designed to immediately draw eyes to the ocean views. Here, guests can indulge in the perfect blend of comfort and wanderlust.
- To book, check prices or availability for The St Regis Bermuda Resort
3. Hamilton Princess & Beach Club – A Fairmont Managed Hotel – a chic, hip and Insta-worthy upscale place to stay in Bermuda that features a private beach and an infinity pool
This luxury accommodation, located just minutes away from Bermuda’s sprawling pink sand beaches and Hamilton’s nightlife, awakens guests to a serene harbour view, with bobbling sailboats under a clear blue sky.
The location is the perfect launch pad for endless activities, which include golf, kayaking, sailing, jet skiing, paddle boarding, speed boating, whale watching, and scuba diving.
The hotel’s thoughtfully-appointed guestrooms feature harbour, city or garden views, and boast marble bathrooms and state-of-the-art toiletries.
Those who reserve a Fairmont Gold Room can enjoy access to a large private lounge, serving afternoon tea and cocktail hour canapés. A spectacular infinity pool and an expansive spa also feature at the hotel.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hamilton Princess & Beach Club – A Fairmont Managed Hotel
4. The Residences at The St Regis Bermuda – one of the most Instagrammable hotels in Bermuda
Steps from the soft white sands of St. Catherine’s Beach, the Residences, part of the iconic St. Regis Bermuda Resort, await guests with impeccable service, exceptional amenities, and lavishly spacious residential suites, spanning over 680 linear feet of beachfront.
From the refined indulgence of the St. Regis Spa, to high-class dining offerings at the onsite restaurants, guests can experience countless luxuries here.
Guests are invited to play a round on the nearby private resort golf course and give a water sports a go. There is every type of water adventure imaginable, from scuba diving, to yachting. This new prestigious community is the perfect spot to exquisitely transcend your life in every way.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Residences at The St Regis Bermuda
5. Cambridge Beaches Resort and Spa – a vibrant upscale oceanfront resort that is steps away from sandy beaches
Since 1923, Cambridge Beaches has been a treasured destination for oceanfront escapes, due to its charm, steeped in tradition and Bermuda history.
Authentic cottage accommodations boast thoughtfully appointed interiors, indulgent amenities, and breathtaking waterfront views. The multiple onsite water-view restaurants and bars welcome guests to gaze over both the sunrise and sunset and inspire a sense of adventure.
Guests can sip their coffee whilst strolling through the sea gardens, indulge in bold island flavours at the dockside tavern and tropical bar, or break midday with a selection of sushi at the poolside bar. Topped with a dedicated service, there’s truly no better way to experience the luxuries of Bermuda.
- To book, check prices or availability for Cambridge Beaches Resort and Spa
6. Newstead Belmont Hills Golf Resort & Spa – a cool and trendy place to stay in Bermuda
Bermuda’s limitless beauty is embodied at this spot of paradise, which offers top-notch amenities at a great value. Guests spend their evenings gazing out over the waterfront from their private balconies, surrounded by the lush, gently sloping hills overlooking scenic Hamilton Harbour.
The studios and suites fuse modern sophistication with simplicity, a notion which emanates in the form of great, personalized service.
The gorgeous infinity pool is one of Bermuda’s finest, and the expansive sundeck features a pool bar, jacuzzi, a towel service, and designer chaises. Guests can also engage in friendly, sporting competition, and play tennis on one of the resort’s two hard-turf courts.
- To book, check prices or availability for Newstead Belmont Hills Golf Resort & Spa
7. St George’s Club – a relaxed hillside resort overlooking Saint George’s Harbour bay
Situated within a UNESCO World Heritage site, amongst 12 acres of landscaped gardens overlooking the historic harbour of St. George, this holiday resort is brimming with splendour and intimacy.
With 71 bedroom cottages on offer, all with a gorgeous white exterior, guests can choose from a harbour view suite, harbour view cottage, poolside cottage, or a golf view cottage.
All come with the benefits of self-catering and are decked out with the necessary amenities to ensure a luxurious stay.
Here, guests can access the Five Forts Golf Club at the St. Regis Bermuda Resort, a variety of swimming pools, two tennis courts, a fitness centre, and scooter rental services.
- To book, check prices or availability for St George’s Club
8. Watercolours – a tropical paradise boutique style B&B that provides great facilities
For an inspiring vacation characterized by awesome sunsets and beautiful, grand architecture, Watercolours is the effortless step into a dimension of total serenity.
The pool with teak loungers, the harbour swimming and fishing opportunities, and the individually decorated suites all offer fantastic views.
The hosts are super friendly and knowledgeable, offer daily room service, scooter and electric car rentals, and help in navigating the magnificence of the area.
Rooms are decked out with the latest tech-savvy amenities, which include TVs with Netflix and YouTube. Located only a short walk to a luxury golf course and many fine-dining establishments, guests can enjoy the peaceful bliss of a holiday haven, without compromising their taste buds.
- To book, check prices or availability for Watercolours
9. Sound Winds private oceanfront estate with a private tennis court & swim dock Property overview – the perfect villa for large groups and families
This grand oceanfront estate is an enormous example of thoughtful design and spacious intimacy. Located on a beautiful patch of greenery by the turquoise waters, there is enough variety in the natural offerings to suit any discerning traveller.
The property boasts an outdoor swimming pool, a bar, and a terrace. The wide open garden comes with barbeque facilities and forms the most breathtaking backdrop for a wedding photo.
The villa features 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a flat-screen TV, dining areas, a fully-equipped kitchen, and a sophisticated patio area, and is only a short 10-minute walk from the most picturesque, postcard-worthy beach of this tropical island.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sound Winds private oceanfront estate with a private tennis court & swim dock Property overview
10. AMOUR – a quirky-chic boutique-style apartment that offers amazing amenities and a terrace
This rather extravagant holiday home offers a unique twist to a historic house. Featuring a varied colour scheme, with yellow embellishments around the windows, and a large red outdoor staircase, a true dichotomy of ambiences is fused to create a stunning vacation spot, backdropped by an enormous, towering monument.
Spacious and vivid, the interior presents a rather traditional décor, with modern, lavish furnishings placed elegantly around the rooms.
The house features a kitchen with a fridge and an oven, safety deposit boxes, a satellite flat-screen TV, ironing facilities, and both indoor and outdoor seating areas. There is a private bathroom with a shower in all units, along with a hairdryer and free toiletries.
- To book, check prices or availability for AMOUR
11. Wild Bird Cottage – a rustic guest house where visitors can benefit from a year-round outdoor pool
Wild Bird Cottage is an idyllic pet-friendly spot on the gorgeous island, offering thoughtfully-appointed accommodations boasting kitchenettes and a shared pool.
Located in a safe, central neighbourhood with easy access to Bermuda’s delights, this is one of Bermuda’s most favoured holiday homes for both leisure and work.
The patio doors lead straight out onto the pool from the bedroom and come with sun loungers and an umbrella. The owners are local Bermudian and have lived in the area for almost 30 years.
They are always on hand to take guests to collect their rental bikes, or to the grocery store. A truly refined hospitality experience!
- To book, check prices or availability for Wild Bird Cottage
12. Beach Walk Studio – a colorful, kitsch, and fun party apartment to stay in Bermuda
This awesome studio is situated in a delightful, sought-after, quintessentially Bermudian neighbourhood, and is one of the handful of places in Bermuda with access to a private beach.
Boasting a large pool, the relaxed atmosphere has been a fan-favourite for many years, and the multilingual owners are world travellers who love meeting and sharing experiences with new faces.
The property’s ownership prides itself on friendliness and hospitality, and reverberates the motto ‘You only live once so make it count’.
This studio, located in close proximity to Hamilton, is nestled amongst many charming, multi-coloured cottages and beautiful gardens, where guests can meander off into the beautiful, sunset-drenched community.
- To book, check prices or availability for Beach Walk Studio
We also have posts…
- Cool and unique hotels in Miami
- Cool and unique hotels in Orlando
- Cool and unique hotels in Key West
- Cool and unique hotels in Honolulu
- Cool and unique hotels in Kauai
- Cool and unique hotels on Big Island
- Cool and unique hotels in Maui
- Cool and Unusual hotels in The Bahamas
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Punta Cana
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.