Located on the North-West Coast, Blackpool is one of the UK’s most famous beach resorts. It has long been a tourist hot spot, owing to its many attractions which include one of Britain’s most loved landmarks, The Blackpool Tower. This electric, fun-filled destination is also the UK’s only town with three piers.
From wild roller coasters to historical architecture, there is something to suit everyone’s taste in Blackpool. Its eclecticism is reflected in its stunning hotels, which range from artsy boutiques to five-star seaside resorts. Here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Blackpool, England (in no particular order)…
1. The Mercury, Blackpool – over 21’s only – a fabulous and quirky hotel with a trendy retro vibe perfect for partying Millenials and Gen Zs
Offering a quirky atmosphere which emanates from fabulous guestrooms, a well-stocked bar, and music memorabilia dotted throughout, The Mercury will add a dash of creative energy to your coastal getaway.
Retro tapestries and colourful furnishings reveal the unique hospitality concept behind the hotel, while the state-of-the-art amenities provide the comforts of a luxury resort.
This is certainly the place to stay if you’re a fellow music lover, with each en-suite room reflecting the music scenes in London and New York through bespoke decorations. The hotel Is situated between the South and Central Piers, a few steps from the promenade.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Mercury, Blackpool – over 21’s only
2. Boulevard Hotel – a classy, chic and elegant boutique hotel located very near the Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Backing directly onto the UK’s tallest roller coaster, The Boulevard is owned by the same family who run the famed Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
The light fittings and soft furnishings have been planned with pin-point precision to create a style of business-chic, sprinkled with surprising, character-filled touches. The art which adorns the property is inspired by the Pleasure Beach’s Art Deco history, filling it with a bright theme-park theme.
The luxurious suites boast generous sitting rooms with modern fake fires and plush sofas, and the guestrooms are also clad in lavish amenities. From Boulevard Hotel, you can catch a tram at the stop in front of the hotel and be transported all the way down the Promenade.
- To book, check prices or availability for Boulevard Hotel
3. BELLEVA Adults Only – a cute, romantic and intimate boutique hotel with individually designed rooms in a boho-style
Catering to younger couples who like their own space in a tranquil environment, Belleva offers a romantic escape in boho style guestrooms.
Each room has been individually designed with sharp attention to detail, locally inspired art, and plush materials, exuding warmth and comfort.
As a guest you can make use of the peaceful chill-out lounge, where you can craft to your hearts content alongside other creative artists.
The hotel boasts its very own craft bar, which sells a natural range of eco-friendly, aromatic wax melts, and homemade soaps and candles. The hotel is conveniently located on St Chads Road in the heart of South Shore.
- To book, check prices or availability for BELLEVA Adults Only
4. The Gallery – a quaint and romantic hotel with a charming atmosphere and unique decor
Comprising 10 quaint rooms, the 4-star Gallery Hotel provides family-friendly accommodation in Blackpool’s vibrant centre. A romantic environment is set upon arrival, and as you walk through the unpretentious façade you will be greeted by a charming, traditional boutique atmosphere which radiates into the outdoor seating terrace.
The guestrooms offer high-velocity Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV’s, and coffee & tea making facilities, as well as a complimentary breakfast served each morning.
The property plays host to a wide range of traditional interiors, from brick and stone walls to hanging chandeliers, while potted plants allow the grace of nature to flow through.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Gallery
5. ART B&B – a cool and creative community business showcasing dazzling artwork from 30 contemporary artists
Art B&B is the dazzling work of 30 contemporary artists who have operated on the bare bones of a Victorian seafront hotel and upgraded everything for the 21st century.
Each room, with its bespoke art installations, is the project of an individual creator, and has its own story to tell. The hotel is a community business which re-invests its profits in arts and community projects, and sources as many of its goods and services from local businesses as possible.
The on-site ART BAR offers breathtaking sea views to complement its crafted cocktail menu, and is adorned with original 1930s-1950s furniture.
- To book, check prices or availability for ART B&B
6. Number One South Beach – a stunning and romantic upscale boutique hotel offering stunning sea views and thoughtfully styled rooms
This luxurious 21st-century accommodation caters to both business travellers and those seeking a romantic seaside break. Stunning views of the sea surround the property, beaming also through the windows of the thoughtfully styled guestrooms.
Egyptian cotton linen and tech-forward amenities bring the comforts of home to your vacation, while the on-site Restaurant and Bar offers a cool space for a moment of sybaritic self-indulgence.
Number One South Beach is the proud holder of many accolades, including England’s 5 Star Guest Accommodation award. Most of Blackpool’s popular attractions can be reached either within walking distance or a short tram ride, adding a sense of convenience to your getaway.
- To book, check prices or availability for Number One South Beach
7. Number One St Lukes – an elegant vintage chic and boutique hotel perfect for a unique stay
Here we have an elegantly appointed holiday haven offering a boutique B&B experience in Blackpool’s South Shore. The guestrooms boast sumptuous beds topped with crisp, divine linens, adding a soothing flair to your seaside vacation.
Exquisite attention to detail has resulted in the decoration of each room reflecting a blend of tradition and modernity. Number One St. Lukes provides an intriguing, affordable alternative to the typical Blackpool hotel, greeting guests with a warm welcome into a homely environment.
You can kickstart your day with a full Blackpool Breakfast, before heading out onto the dazzling streets and soaking up the electric atmosphere.
- To book, check prices or availability for Number One St Lukes
8. Kings Boutique Hotel – a funky boutique hotel located perfectly for exploring Blackpool
Here we have a graceful boutique hotel overlooking the Irish Sea from right beside the Pleasure Beach. Outside the property you will find a tram and bus stop, so you can easily hop on and explore Blackpool in its entirety, as well as head to neighbouring towns like Lytham St. Anne’s or Fleetwood.
The corridors are adorned with quirky artwork adding a creative flair to an otherwise traditional space, and lead you to the functional guestrooms.
In your room you can take advantage of high-end amenities and fresh, crisp materials, and sit by the window gazing out over the illuminated promenade on a winter’s evening.
- To book, check prices or availability for Kings Boutique Hotel
9. The Arthington – one of the best places to stay in Blackpool that is centrally located and offers outstanding service
Here we have a hotel heralded as one of the best places to stay in Blackpool. Centrally located close to the eclectic seafront, The Arthington is dedicated to delivering outstanding service to ensure your stay is both memorable and inspiring.
Here, you have easy access to the trams and therefore all of Blackpool’s attractions, while the hotel’s interiors invite you to enjoy the liberty of independence through a unique and authentic character.
The Arthington offers both bed and breakfast packages and room-only rates, depending on your budget. The lounge bar, with its relaxed and sociable atmosphere, is an idyllic pre- and post-dinner drink spot, and offers a wide array of wines, spirits, beers, and soft drinks.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Arthington
10. Gabrielles – a quirky, fun and colourful design hotel perfect for design fans and Instagrammers
Situated a stone’s throw from the beach and a quick walk from the North Pier, Gabrielles offers a friendly atmosphere to the discerning traveller.
All of the guestrooms are individually designed, and provide top-rate comfort and quality. As a guest, you can wake up to a Full English breakfast sourced freshly and cooked to order, while unlimited tea, coffee, and toast is also available.
The tables are laid with luxury, colourful crockery and high-quality condiments, while a great selection of wines, craft beers, and cocktails provides an innately uplifting spirit.
Pleasant Street tram stop is situated only a 2-minute walk from the hotel, which provides easy transport to Blackpool’s top attractions.
- To book, check prices or availability for Gabrielles
11. Raffles Hotel – a chic and modern family-run hotel with designed boutique rooms and high-end amenities
If you’re in Blackpool for a weekend, it’s difficult to pack everything into your already tight schedule. This is what makes the family-run Raffles Hotel the ideal haven.
Its excellent location puts you within 5 minutes from the Winter Gardens, shops, theatres, the Tower, and the Promenade, and adds an elegant flair to your getaway.
The interior is tastefully decorated with exquisite attention to detail, extending into the 15 boutique guestrooms which all feature the amenities of a high-end resort. A fully licensed bar and lounge invite you to relax in the evening amid chic décor and a charming ambiance, and the mornings are made ever-more magical with The Raffles’ award-winning breakfast.
- To book, check prices or availability for Raffles Hotel
12. The Imperial Hotel – a historic and popular hotel that has hosted royalty and movie stars
Beautifully positioned on Blackpool’s beautiful seafront a short walk from the Tower, this epic 4* icon offers a warm welcome into an idyllic coastal retreat.
For over a century, The Imperial has hosted guests of royalty, politicians, statesmen, and movie stars, owing in part to its spectacular views of the Irish Sea and its close proximity to major attractions.
The guestrooms promote a blissful night of requiescence through soft duvets and crisp linens, enhanced with home comforts and tech-forward amenities. Food and drink is an integral part of the hotel’s ethos, and The Imperial provides many dining experiences steeped in friendly service and delicious cuisine.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Imperial Hotel
13. Valentine Lodge Over 25 Couples Only – a bright, unique and imaginative place to stay with funky and quirky interiors
Here we have a stylish oasis teeming with eccentricity and imaginative décor. As you walk through the grand entrance, prepare to be dazzled by the juxtaposing interior design.
Valentine Lodge is a funky alternative to a typical seaside retreat, and provides ample corners to sit and soak up the property’s quirky charm.
The guestrooms are festooned in vivid wallpapers and colourful linens, and bring in the essence of nature through nautically-inspired art. You can awaken each morning to views of the charming, action-filled streets, before heading to the dining room to savour a Full English breakfast and a fresh fruit juice.
- To book, check prices or availability for Valentine Lodge Over 25 Couples Only
14. The Hurstmere – a quirky and fun B&B that offers the facilities of a top hotel
The Hurstmere is an eclectic Bed & Breakfast styled after a traditional English country house, which offers the facilities and services of a top hotel chain. The guestrooms boast LCD Flat-Screen TVs with Freeview, as well as tea & coffee making facilities and a mini-fridge.
The pirate-themed, family-friendly basement bar is the ultimate spot to kick back and unwind in the company of other holidaymakers and offers a large, modern pool table.
The Hurstmere is the 3rd B&B from the seafront, so you will be located within minutes from the beach. From the hotel, a 10-minute stroll along the new promenade will take you to the vast majority of Blackpool’s famous attractions.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Hurstmere
15. The Big Blue Hotel – a trendy and luxurious hotel with exquisite attention to detail
A cutting-edge design coalesces seamlessly with exquisite attention to detail at The Big Blue Hotel, topped with a level of service that is second to none.
All of the 157 guestrooms are adorned with plush fabrics from Designers Guild, while luxurious bathrooms and trendsetting amenities evoke a sense of splendour.
At The Big Blue, guests can indulge in tasty dishes and homemade cooking, owing to a profound passion for food amongst the hotel’s ownership. Hanging out at the glamorous Blues Bar & Brasserie is a memorable experience, whether it’s for a fleeting coffee visit, or a delicious meal in a beautiful backdrop.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Big Blue Hotel
16. The Chatwal Boutique Hotel – a chic and fun hotel that exudes chic sophistication
Situated within 300 metres of Blackpool South Beach and 1 km of the Pleasure Beach, The Chatwal Boutique Hotel exudes a sense of chic sophistication through high quality furniture and ambient lighting.
On-site offerings include The Roosevelt Lounge, Le Carte Blanche gourmet restaurant, The Eclipse Cocktail Bar, and Pirates Cove rum bar, offering a wide array of themes to suit any occasion.
At The Chatwal, each room is equipped with a large wardrobe, a flat-screen HDTV, and tea and coffee making facilities. The on-site Le Chic Spa offers a full range of wellness therapies, alongside state-of-the-art equipment which includes a Jacuzzi hot tub, a sauna, and a steam room.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Chatwal Boutique Hotel
17. The Beechcliffe Hotel – Over 35’s Only – a quaint and characterful hotel in a tranquil location
Set in a quaint residential area of Blackpool, this character-filled hotel evokes the feeling of ‘a home from home’. This typical British-style house is laid out very much like a family home, with a communal dining area graced by comfy lilac seats and Beech wood tables, and a traditional mantelpiece.
The guestrooms radiate a similar character, with sophistication brought to the fore with fresh white décor and plush bedding. The Beechcliffe’s tranquil location gives you the best of both worlds.
You can relish the quietude of a suburban neighbourhood while remaining only a 10-minute ride from the 19th -century Central Pier.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Beechcliffe Hotel – Over 35’s Only
18. The Dudley Hotel – a historic hotel with tastefully decorated retro rooms
Housed in an old vicars mansion dating back to the late 1800s, The Dudley maintains references to a bygone era through original stained glass windows and tastefully decorated rooms.
Having established itself as a notable place to stay in Blackpool, The Dudley’s reputation is upheld by an exceptional level of customer service and state-of-the-art facilities.
Besides its commodious guestrooms which portray a somewhat retro feel, the hotel offers a charming restaurant, inviting guests to relish a quirky ambiance as they indulge in a delicious dinner. A fully stocked lounge bar is also available, where you can relax with a wide range of IPA’s and cocktails at the ready.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Dudley Hotel
19. The Weeton guesthouse – a beautifully refurbished family-run hotel featuring quirky wall art
Here we have a small family run guesthouse situated a mere 500 metres from Blackpool South Beach. The Weeton has recently undergone a head-to-toe revamp, resulting in beautifully refurbished guestrooms which foster a fresh and invigorating stay.
Whichever category of room suits you best, you can rest assured that all of your comfort needs will be taken care of by the charming staff presence.
Quirky wall art decorates the property, blending the essences of tradition and modernity and adding a creative flair to the in-house experience. Within a short stroll you can reach the three piers, the Tower, and the Promenade Beach.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Weeton guesthouse
20. Hotel Rouge – an intimate boutique hotel with bespoke designed guestrooms
Hotel Rouge is not just a place to sleep, but somewhere for you to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. Nestled in the beating heart of Blackpool town, this intimate boutique hotel offers bespoke guestrooms carefully designed to promote relaxation.
Each one features 100% cotton linen atop large, comfortable beds. The beautiful communal living room exudes a tranquil ambiance, inviting holidaymakers to pop by for a quick pit stop.
Within walking distance of Hotel Rouge, you can head out for a glorious stroll along the promenade, embark on an indulgent shopping spree, and head for an afternoon of fun at the Blackpool Tower.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Rouge
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Liverpool
- Cool boutique hotels in Manchester
- Cool boutique hotels in Glasgow
- Cool boutique hotels in York
- Cool boutique hotels in Leeds
- Cool boutique hotels in Birmingham
- Cool boutique hotels in Edinburgh
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Newquay
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Newcastle
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Whitby
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Sheffield
Beth was born under a wandering star, with drama in her veins and ink in her pen. After stints studying theatre in Dublin and Utrecht she used her creative streak to see as much of the world as she could on as little money. She toured Italian Schools with a children’s theatre troop, lived as an au-pair in both Rome and Washington DC, explored the British countryside, worked her way through much of Europe, Salsa danced in Cuba and road tripped down America’s west coast where she discovered her spiritual home; Portland, Oregon. In between adventures she resides peacefully with her family, cats and ukulele.