Steeped in sophisticated urban cool, Bogotá is Colombia’s beating heart and is cradled by soaring Andean peaks. It is a complex tapestry of culture and innovation, with over 400 years of colonial history.
Bogotá’s past is showcased across the many architectural masterpieces and museums that adorn the city, while its dynamic present is reflected in the sleek, modern skyscrapers that soar above.
Bogotá is a city that is constantly evolving, and its intricate blend of history, modernity, culture, and technology is captured beautifully in its stunning hotels. From hilltop boutiques to high-rise wonders, here are my favourite cool and unusual hotels in Bogotá, Colombia (in no particular order)...
1. The Click Clack Hotel Bogotá – a cool and urban chic hotel with great views located in the trendy El Chicó design district perfect for Millenials and Gen Zs
This cool haven is the epitome of a hip boutique hotel. The exterior resembles a handful of stacked glass and metal boxes, and shines brightly in an upmarket area in Bogotá, close to Parque de la 93.
The designers have gone heavy on the urban industrial design, adding a bunch of playful features throughout. These include the pixelated Space Invaders wallpaper from the 1970s video game in the lift, the high vertical garden, and the carefully curated objects like vintage typewriters and old leather suitcases.
I certainly felt the fun vibe here, owing as much to the design as to the gigs and parties held in the downstairs bar.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Click Clack Hotel Bogotá
2. Selina La Candelaria Bogotá – a hip, fun and eclectic hotel with a youthful upbeat vibe in the historic district of La Candelaria perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Nestled within the cobble-stoned, historic quarter of Bogotá, this charming hotel radiates history and culinary culture, and is a classy place catering to the discerning traveller.
My room was a perfect example of old-meets-new, with the traditional brick walls adding a rustic charm and plenty of light filling my stay with an uplifting vigour.
Each morning, waking up to panoramic views of the mountains and the city’s restored neo-colonial buildings kickstarted my day with beauty and elegance.
Returning after an afternoon of sightseeing was equally as stunning, with the South American-inspired restaurant, live music bar, and movie room awaiting with a whole host of surprises.
- To book, check prices or availability for Selina La Candelaria Bogotá
3. BOG Hotel – a chic and contemporary boutique hotel that offers stunning city and mountain views, set in the La Cabrera district
BOG Hotel is inspired by the precious riches of Colombia, notably gold and emerald, and is a treasure trove of luxury design.
The hotel nestles within the safe and cheerful area of La Cabrera, a short stroll from the bustling nightlife hub of Zona T. I found this place to be a pleasant refuge from the fast pace of the city, owing in part to the dimly lit, ambient interiors, and in part to the gorgeous rooftop pool, which is backdropped by sprawling mountains.
The minimalist grey-and-purple colour scheme evokes a modern chic style, while oversized lamps loom in the hallways. Throughout my stay, the soft jazz and electro music enhanced the relaxing atmosphere.
- To book, check prices or availability for BOG Hotel
4. Selina Parque 93 Bogota – a funky, quirky and must-stay design hotel where visitors can enjoy a hip cafe with terrace seating
Situated a mere two blocks from the famous Parque de la 93, this peaceful abode is graced by a vintage design, and is equipped with a coworking space, a wellness centre, a movie theatre, a library, a playground, a cocktail bar, and a restaurant.
A boho-chic atmosphere is set in the indoor communal spaces, where you can quietly recline on cosy beanbags or rattan chairs hanging from the ceiling.
The bar, with its stunning open-air space, is the perfect spot to soak up the city’s urban energy. You can choose a room to perfectly match your style, whether that means saving the money and opting for a dorm room, or splashing out and having your own private terrace with a hammock.
- To book, check prices or availability for Selina Parque 93 Bogota
5. W Bogota – a trendy and ultra-stylish upscale hotel that mixes traditional colonial architecture with ultra-modern decor, set in the popular neighborhood of Usaquén
Delightfully flamboyant and exemplary in design, this eclectic hotel brings a playful atmosphere to a big chain hotel.
From its blissful pampering facilities to late-night partying hot spots, the W is the golden gateway to experiencing Bogotá to the fullest.
The hotel lies within a neighbourhood banked by green hills on the city’s eastern flank, once occupied by farmland and haciendas and now home to many high-rises. The lobby glitters with gold disks, and the disco vibe in the lifts adds a quirky touch.
I thought the service was bang on, but I never expected anything less. The front desk, dedicated concierge, and barmen were highly attentive to my needs, and made me feel at home throughout my visit.
- To book, check prices or availability for W Bogota
6. GHL Collection 93 – a modern, hip and trendy place to stay in Bogota that offers great facilities such as a 24-hour gym, housed in a metal and glass building
Situated right next to Parque de la 93, this exclusive boutique hotel boasts a distinct air of luxury inspired by minimalist art. It is the perfect place to combine business and leisure, with every detail immaculately crafted and high-quality amenities throughout.
The smooth wooden finishes in the communal area evokes a peaceful elegance, which extends to the opulent, panoramic guestrooms.
The sleeping area of my room was surrounded by wrap-around glass walls, with a blissful combination of greenery and colonial buildings setting a unique backdrop. On-site you will also find a 24-hour gym, a gourmet restaurant, and a spa offering bespoke massage treatments.
- To book, check prices or availability for GHL Collection 93
7. Hotel 84 DC – a petite and cozy boutique hotel that offers guests a homely vibe and a relaxed atmosphere
Chic décor and a graceful atmosphere characterize this cool, trendy hotel, which invites you to escape from the fast pace of city life and strike a harmony of body and mind.
Along with a vibrant restaurant, Hotel 84 DC offers an intimate bar/lounge and a quaint coffee shop, all designed to suit the needs of the modern jetsetter. I thought the combination of potted plants and rustic furnishings exuded a tranquil, bucolic ambiance, affording moments of pure serenity.
The 27 accommodations are decked out with all the mod-cons of a luxury chain, including high-speed Wi-Fi, a cable TV, and a minibar.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel 84 DC
8. HAB Hotel Bogotá – a unique and elegant gem of a hotel that features greenery decor, located in a residential and commercial area, set in a beautiful redbrick building
Unassuming from the outside and blending right into a residential neighbourhood, HAB Hotel invites you into a world of splendour, where every detail has been intricately designed to ooze harmony and beauty.
From the ambient lighting system to the smooth finishes, each space is clad head-to-toe in refined elegance. The HAB Café is one of my favourite coffee spots in the whole of Bogotá.
Not only is the coffee excellent, but the open-air ambiance is ready to fill your afternoons with charm and tranquillity. The restaurant is another great offering, providing delicious farm-to-table gastronomic experiences in a cosmopolitan environment.
- To book, check prices or availability for HAB Hotel Bogotá
9. One Sixteen Hotel – an unassuming and down-to-earth hotel located North of Bogota, perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
A clever design, a sophisticated atmosphere, and a whole host of smooth furnishings give One Sixteen Hotel a gracious urban flair, enhanced with ambient lights and plenty of greenery.
Strategically positioned in a vibrant neighbourhood in the north of Bogotá, the hotel offers 60 intricately styled guestrooms where functionality and radiance reign supreme.
Fully equipped for the luxury traveller, there’s a panoramic terrace offering stunning city and mountain views, a restaurant & bar serving delicious food and drink, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, and spa facilities. There’s plenty of packages available, offering discounts for extensive stays, restaurant visits, and romantic experiences.
- To book, check prices or availability for One Sixteen Hotel
10. La Colina Hotel Cottage – a unique and one-of-a-kind property hidden away in the hills of Bogota, based in a forested area
Here we have an adorable little cottage with sustainability at its core. The atmosphere here is enchanting from the get-go, and the open-air communal spaces offer a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life.
The décor is traditional and exudes intimacy, from the black Andean slate floors to the wooden ceilings. Contemporary artwork suffuses the lovingly decorated guestrooms, inviting guests to wake up to a colourful aesthetic.
The property is framed by beautiful nature, and the warm service gave me the feeling of a ‘home from home’. Whilst there are a number of eclectic eateries in the surrounding area, I’d totally recommend a visit to the on-site restaurant, which serves signature regional cuisine from a clay oven.
- To book, check prices or availability for La Colina Hotel Cottage
11. Hotel Vintage – a cool and romantic hotel that offers amazing amenities such as a Mediterranean restaurant with a piano, a sunroom and a polished bar
As the name suggests, this unique hotel is decorated with refined, vintage décor, and offers a luxurious space to disconnect and embrace a sense of intimacy and serenity.
Bogotá’s historic beauty gleams as a backdrop to all the guestrooms, whose classic concept is embellished with the latest five-star technologies and plenty of natural light. Upon arriving, the decorative lanterns and quaint chill-out areas had me immediately charmed, and the friendly staff presence filled my stay with an explorative vigour.
You can choose to eat in the main dining room which is dressed in a bohemian flair, or the garden dining room whose historic European style radiates beauty and glamour.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Vintage
12. Hotel Muisca – an intimate quirky-chic hotel that is within walking distance from the main tourist center and delicious eateries
Hotel Muisca is a unique space where you can experience first-hand the traditions, culture, and history of Bogotá. Housed in a 200-year-old colonial building, the hotel’s routes have been gracefully restored, preserving its ancestral, indigenous legacy.
The exposed brick walls, gabled roofs, and centuries-old décor truly set the scene for an invigorating welcome to Bogotá’s historic heart.
The strategic location in La Candelaria affords guests a quick walk to the city’s many museums, libraries, plazas, and restaurants. The terrace is the most idyllic spot to unwind come nighttime, with its picturesque city-meets-mountains views and expertly crafted cocktails.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Muisca
13. Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina Bogota – one of the top luxury hotels in Bogota that features an Instagrammable Spanish Colonial-style architecture
Entwining its 1940s colonial history with a splash of Colombian cool, Casa Medina is an art-filled abode adorned with stained-glass windows which depict the founder’s passions – birds and flowers.
Nestled within the quaint Zona G, known as the ‘gourmet zone’ of Bogotá, this leafy suburban mansion offers an ideal retreat for those looking to escape the city bustle and settle down beside a fireplace. There are seven tiers to the rooms, ranging from budget-friendly options to lavish suites.
Lying within the colonial-style courtyard with a glass roof, the Castanvoles Restaurant is a glorious al-fresco dining spot, where Mediterranean dishes are offered alongside light Greek options.
- To book, check prices or availability for Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina Bogota
14. Casa Legado – a refined and chic hotel that features mid-century rooms and free bikes to hire for those who want to explore the area
This mid-century house is tucked into a quiet side street in the Quinta Camacho neighbourhood, with buzzing jazz bars and artisan cafés at your fingertips.
Inside, the natural-fibre furniture which has emerged from the work of local designers sits elegantly alongside antiques from the owner’s ancestors, while lovely family photographs adorn the walls. Whimsical and expertly curated, all the rooms boast playful wall embellishments, and the herbal bath salts and delicate curtains were a nice touch.
During my stay I borrowed one of the hotel’s bikes, allowing me to pedal my way around the neighbourhood and soak up the eclectic charm.
- To book, check prices or availability for Casa Legado
15. Hotel Estelar La Fontana – one of the most Instagrammable hotels in Bogota that is close to Unicentro shopping center
Eccentric yet intimate, modern yet timeless, Hotel Estelar impressed me with its countless surprises. These include its gastronomic proposals, trendsetting amenities, and graceful nature-inspired charm.
The rooms and suites blissfully coalesce elegance, luxury, and comfort, and are set before gleaming cityscape vistas. You can take a quick pit stop in the on-site Square Café, which is a modern and fresh establishment surrounded by gardens, offering arguably the best pastries in the whole city.
The Tonnarello Restaurant is also top-notch, with its fine selection of Italian dishes. Another great spot is the Maki Bar, which perfectly captures the hotel’s modern yet authentic energy.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Estelar La Fontana
16. GHL Hotel Bioxury – a contemporary and attractive 5-star hotel housed in a futuristic all-glass building
This modern 5-star retreat lies in the El Retiro neighbourhood, and reflects a design-led ethos that offers a balance between ecology and elegance.
Upon arrival, the soothing boutique flair had me immediately charmed, with the smooth finishes, plush seating areas, and luxuriant plants that add the essence of nature. The rooms, lavish and intimate, offer incomparable views across the city, and inspire tranquillity through the careful selection of contemporary décor.
Around the property you’ll find many spacious areas where you can either take advantage of the premium Wi-Fi and work, or simply relax and mingle with like-minded travellers.
- To book, check prices or availability for GHL Hotel Bioxury
17. Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia – a prestigious and intimate upscale hotel that provides free parking to guests, and is near Bogotá Botanical Garden
This hotel is every bit as fresh and luminous as the water lily after which it was named. Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia is Bogotá’s modern take on luxury, and its chic accommodations feature luxurious touches from fabulous French brands.
Smart, stylish, and forward-thinking, the hotel fits perfectly into the upbeat Zona T district, the city’s financial hub. I absolutely loved the in-house restaurant, which serves up international bistro cuisine whilst incorporating seasonal Colombian products.
The subtle local touches around the property, notably the exotic flower arrangements and golden elements, pair elegantly with the French art de vivre style for which Sofitel is so well known.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia
18. DoubleTree by Hilton Bogota Parque 93 – a cool, spacious and informal hotel very close to Bogota’s international airport El Dorado
The panache of the Hilton brand is expressed beautifully in this epic urban sanctuary, which offers a handful of eclectic spaces designed with the luxury traveller in mind.
The main dining room, Agata, offers a warm atmosphere and features innovative international dishes. For a more upbeat vibe head to the Big Bang Coffee & Bar, which is a modern-styled pub offering happy hours, live music, and delicious light meals.
The most majestic spot of all, in my opinion, is the Sky Terrace, where you can savour a cup of freshly brewed Colombian coffee whilst relishing jaw-dropping mountain panoramas.
- To book, check prices or availability for DoubleTree by Hilton Bogota Parque 93
19. Salvio Parque 93 – an exceptional and polished aparthotel that is opposite the amazing Park 93
Salvio Parque 93 is a unique hospitality concept where natural elements merge together in a balanced harmony with the surrounding landscape.
The versatility in the design and the cosmopolitan flair combine to provide an unparalleled experience for discerning guests. The large balcony of my room afforded me soul-soothing views of the eastern hills, and the in-room amenities were top-notch.
Gastronomy here is a stand-out feature, with the Brera Restaurant conveying its Italian essence through mouth-watering wood-fired dishes, and the Ko Asian Kitchen offering a true journey of the flavours and aromas of oriental cuisine.
Towering above the neighbourhood’s streets from the 11th floor, the Crown View restaurant is a space where elegance is embodied in the expertly curated menus.
- To book, check prices or availability for Salvio Parque 93
20. Embassy Suites by Hilton Bogotá – Rosales – the ideal all-suite hotel to stay in for visitors who want to explore Bogota
Set in the heart of Bogota’s financial and commercial district, the Embassy Suites centre around a charming inner courtyard lined by quirky artwork and hanging plants.
The colourful communal spaces and pioneering standard of luxury truly set this contemporary accommodation apart from the rest. Neo-Latin, local, and international cooking techniques are combined to fuel an invigorating dining experience at the Art Café, whose vibrant atmosphere brought moments of splendour to my Bogotá city break.
To pamper the senses, you can simply head to the spa, where trendsetting facilities and first-rate treatment rituals are guaranteed to leave you feeling rejuvenated.
- To book, check prices or availability for Embassy Suites by Hilton Bogotá – Rosales
We also have posts on…
- Cool and Unusual Hotel in Cartagena
- Cool and Unusual Hotel in Panama City
- Cool and Unusual Hotel in Costa Rica
- Cool and Unusual Hotel in Buenos Aires
- Cool and Unusual Hotel in Rio de Janeiro
- Cool and Unusual Hotel in Mexico City
- Cool and Unusual Hotel in Belize
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.