The capital of the state of Idaho has gone from its Wild West gold rush days to a vibrant city with a reputation for great jazz, indie music, theater and the arts.
Visitors can shiver at the bad old days with a visit to the nineteenth-century Old Pen prison, admire the architectural sights including the neoclassical Idaho State Capitol and the Classic Egyptian Theatre, and experience the city’s Basque heritage through food, museums and local markets.
Boise is a great destination for outdoor sports, with kayaking in the namesake river and the 25-mile long Greenbelt path that runs alongside the water. Looking to stay? From cute boutique inns to modern and trendy vacation homes, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Boise (in no particular order)…
1. The Grove Hotel – a grand chic and modern hotel in Boise which features a sauna, a Jacuzzi and an indoor pool
When you walk through the doors of this amazing luxury hotel, you leave behind the hustle and bustle of downtown Boise and enter a tranquil, calming retreat designed to relax and pamper.
Contemporary design and superb service combine to create bright and welcoming accommodation with quality materials and a luxurious feel.
Close to the restaurants and attractions of Boise itself, the hotel also has an in-house restaurant, Trillium as well as a bar, perfect for a quiet evening.
A pool, fitness center and spa are available to help you take care of your health, while bike rental makes exploring the area easy. Everything you need for business or pleasure in Boise.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Grove Hotel
2. Hotel 43 Boise – a cute, modern and romantic boutique hotel located in downtown Boise
The famous boutique hotel sits on the 43rd parallel in the 43rd state, hence the name, and is also at the heart of downtown Boise.
Perfectly positioned for the sites and sounds of Boise, or if you are looking to venture out into the great outdoors, this is a themed hotel that offers wonderfully comfortable accommodation with a bold, modern style.
Walls throughout the hotel are lined with works from local artists, representing a thriving creative community that exists here in the city.
The hotel enjoys a fitness center and free wi-fi, with bike rentals to explore the area at your own pace, and the wonderful Metro Café and Chandlers Steakhouse take care of your dining needs.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel 43 Boise
3. Modern Hotel – a funky place to stay in Boise that offers a modern bar and hip, creative and trendy decor
A modern hotel that lives up to the name, with a minimalist style and impressive comfort, creating the perfect way to enjoy any trip to Boise. A highlight of the rooms are the incredibly comfortable beds, after a long day exploring this fantastic city, you will get a great night’s sleep in this unique hotel.
The Modern Bar is part of the hotel and offers contemporary cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere or just a place to enjoy a drink at the end of a busy day.
The hotel offers bikes to help you get around, its own film festival broadcasting classic cinema straight to your room, and for something completely different, RV hire to take your hotel experience mobile!
- To book, check prices or availability for Modern Hotel
4. Courtyard Boise Downtown – a cool and trendy hotel close to popular attractions
A completely modern hotel that befits the Marriott brand, Courtyard offers luxury, comfort, fantastic service and more for guests whether you are visiting for business or enjoying the sights and attractions of the area.
Spacious, well-appointed rooms provide stunning accommodation with everything you need and more.
This is a luxury hotel, and so it will come as no surprise that there is an in-house fitness center as well as quality dining at The Bistro, along with a Starbucks in the lobby area.
A concierge service can help you organize your time to see the very best of Boise and beyond too, so if you are new to the area, it’s a great option.
- To book, check prices or availability for Courtyard Boise Downtown
5. Evolve Countryside Cabin in Robie Creek Park! – a rustic-chic holiday home great for families
Take your next vacation in a real wood cabin surrounded by lush forests. With its rustic hotel-style coupled with quality furnishings and more, this cabin gives you a wonderful outdoor experience without sacrificing comfort.
It features a fully equipped kitchen, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, it’s a great for group or family trips, and is just 9 miles from Boise itself.
A lovely deck and barbeque are great for just sitting back and enjoying the beautiful views in an evening. You are never far from nature in this quirky hotel style home, yet with wi-fi and TV, you have all the comforts of home too.
- To book, check prices or availability for Evolve Countryside Cabin in Robie Creek Park!
6. Mid Century Modern Boise-River Bungalow w/ Hot Tub – a charming villa that offers free bikes ideal for large groups
Just 8 minutes’ walk from the beach yet within easy reach of the restaurants and attractions of Boise, this is a modern hotel-style home that offers space, comfort and practical convenience for your stay in the area.
A wood construction villa, it features 3 bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen and sizable living areas, all with a modern design and quality, comfortable furnishings.
It makes you feel at home from the moment you open the door, and is a great base to use for exploring everything Boise has to offer. After a day exploring, you can come home to relax in the hot tub or make use of the fire pit and enjoy an evening under the stars. With free bikes for transport, getting around is always easy.
- To book, check prices or availability for Mid Century Modern Boise-River Bungalow w/ Hot Tub
7. Stylish Boise Townhome about 4 Mi to Downtown! – easily one of the coolest hotels to stay in Boise perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Just 4 miles from downtown Boise with its restaurants and attractions, this unique hotel-style accommodation offers all the benefits of your own 2-bedroom home with the convenience of a holiday rental.
An eclectic style gives character to every room, with quality furnishings delivering real comfort for all.
A kitchen, private deck area to enjoy the cool evening air and more make this a real home from home, allowing you to enjoy your trip whether you are here for outdoor sports and adventure or sightseeing around the city. Boise at its best, all taken at your own pace.
- To book, check prices or availability for Stylish Boise Townhome about 4 Mi to Downtown!
8. Professionally Designed Central Boise 4 Bedroom Custom Home – an ultra-creative and stylish holiday home ideal for a long stay
A wonderful designer hotel-style accommodation in the heart of Boise, it offers professionally crafted contemporary design throughout, blending modern luxury with elegant style for all. A large kitchen, 4 bedrooms and full use of the carefully designed garden gives you plenty of space for all the family or group, all within easy reach of the quality dining, museums and attractions of the city.
A lovely deck area is great for enjoying a meal outside, with a barbeque area for food prep too. A firepit lets you keep warm as the evening progresses, letting you relax and watch the stars.
A great choice for anyone looking for an independent base that gives you options for dining and your schedule.
- To book, check prices or availability for Professionally Designed Central Boise 4 Bedroom Custom Home
9. Boise Hills – 602 L – a contemporary and bright holiday home where pets are welcome
Right by Central Arena and many other points of interest in the North End District of Boise, this unique hotel-style home offers contemporary design and comfort with 2 bedrooms and plenty of space. Light and airy, the home welcomes you in with its relaxed ambience beautiful woods and lovely artwork.
Featuring a fully equipped kitchen if you prefer to cook, but within easy reach of the restaurants and cafes of the location, it has free wi-fi and a balcony where you can enjoy evenings under the stars.
If you are looking for a home from home on your trip to Boise, this is the perfect choice, with its relaxed, home-loving style and comfort.
- To book, check prices or availability for Boise Hills – 602 L
10. Relaxing Coffey Villas – one of the best villas in Boise that provides great facilities and pets are allowed
A lovely villa just 5 miles from Boise center offering a modern hotel-style experience with all the advantages of your own home. A fully equipped kitchen, washing machine, 2 bedrooms and luxurious accommodation throughout make this a great choice for anyone wanting to explore Boise to their own schedule.
A balcony and barbeque area are great for relaxing after a long day exploring Boise, letting you enjoy the fresh evening air with the stars above.
Within easy reach of the best restaurants and cafes, along with the hiking, biking and fishing spots that surround Boise, this villa is the ideal modern hotel for your next trip.
- To book, check prices or availability for Relaxing Coffey Villas
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Bend
- Cool boutique hotels in Jackson
- Cool boutique hotels in Salt Lake City
- Cool boutique hotels in Portland
- Cool boutique hotels in Spokane
- Cool boutique hotels in Park City
- Cool boutique hotels in Moab
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Bozeman
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Eugene
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Whitefish
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Deadwood
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Yellowstone
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Rapid City
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.