Encircled by the Rocky Mountains, Bozeman features some of the country’s best scenery, beautiful natural sights, and picturesque landscapes. It is the ultimate destination for nature lovers with rock climbing, wildlife watching, mountain biking, hiking and skiing among other uplifting adventures.
Explore impressive wildlife and over three million acres of wilderness in Custer Gallatin National Forest. If you are looking for a more city experience, head to Main Street downtown where you’ll find an endless array of eateries, boutiques, shops, art galleries, museums, theaters, and cultural centers as well as upscale boutique hotels and B&Bs. Those looking for a more homey atmosphere can book a down-home vacation rental in the woods.
From cozy and quirky cabins to modern and trendy boutique hotels, here are the top cool and unusual hotels in Bozeman, Montana (in no particular order)…
1. Kimpton – Armory Hotel Bozeman, an IHG Hotel – an upscale, modern boutique hotel located in the heart of the American West
Set in an art deco building, this upscale hotel is a mile from Montana State University. Sophisticated rooms at Kimpton come with free Wi-Fi, minibars, yoga mats, and flat-screen TVs. Some offer stunning mountains and exercise bikes. Living rooms with sofa beds are available in suites.
On-site amenities include a whiskey lounge, a concert hall, a restaurant, and a rooftop deck with a bar and a pool. Parking and breakfast are available for a fee, while nightly socials are complimentary.
Address: 24 W Mendenhall St, Bozeman, MT 59715, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Kimpton – Armory Hotel Bozeman, an IHG Hotel
2. Element Bozeman – a stylish, contemporary and bright hotel offering a complimentary continental breakfast and happy hour
A refined downtown hotel offering meticulously appointed rooms and high-end amenities, including an indoor pool, a BBQ area, a fitness room, and a terrace. Element Bozeman is located on east Mendenhall Street, with the Museum of the Rockies reachable within a 2-minute drive.
Each room at this 3-star hotel comes with a flat-screen TV, a kitchenette, and a sitting area. Suites have separate living rooms with pull-out sofas. Freebies include evening drinks and snacks, an airport shuttle service, loaner bikes, and a breakfast buffet.
Address: 25 E Mendenhall St, Bozeman, MT 59715, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Element Bozeman
3. RSVP Hotel – a unique, chic and Instagrammable hotel perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
A chic, boutique hotel located a mile from Interstate 90. Stylish rooms at the 3-star hotel are brightly decorated with floral or landscape wallpapers.
Every room comes equipped with a smart TV, a minifridge, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Keurig coffee makers, daybeds, pull-out couches, and/or daybeds are available in some rooms. Guests can also receive in-room massages and salon services.
There’s also a sauna, a seasonal outdoor swimming pool, a gift shop, and an airy cafe. Complimentary perks at RSVP Hotel include parking and welcome drinks. Bike rentals are available for those wanting to explore the surrounding area.
Address: 510 N 7th Ave, Bozeman, MT 59715, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for RSVP Hotel
4. Sapphire Motel Midtown Bozeman – a retro, classic and newly renovated accommodation well known for being a landmark in Bozeman since the 1940’s
A mid-century-style motel located about a mile from Interstate 90 and less than a mile from Montana State University.
Unadorned rooms at Sapphire Motel feature knotty pine furniture, mini-fridges, microwaves, coffee makers, and 42-inch-flat-screen TVs with premium cable channels. Complementary perks include continental breakfast, parking, and in-room Wi-Fi access. Shared amenities include a homey lobby and a laundry facility.
There are several amusement parks in close proximity to the motel, including Sacajawea Park, Sculpture Park, Walton Homestead Park, and Depot Park.
Address: 310 N 7th Ave, Bozeman, MT 59715, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Sapphire Motel Midtown Bozeman
5. Bozeman Lewis & Clark Motel – an upscale, charming and petite accommodation with an indoor swimming pool, hot tub and eucalyptus steam room
A laid-back, 3-story motel located less than a mile from Sacajawea Park, with easy access to downtown shops, restaurants, and other attractions.
Guests lodge in modest rooms outfitted with en-suite bathrooms, microwaves, coffee makers, and mini-fridges. Free Wi-Fi and air conditioning are available in all rooms. Guests can enjoy continental breakfast in-room for a fee.
Hot and cold beverages are served in a relaxed lobby with ample seating and a stone fireplace. There’s also an on-site indoor pool, a eucalyptus steam room, a hot tub, a fitness center, and a library with a puzzle table and board games.
Address: 824 W Main St, Bozeman, MT 59715, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Bozeman Lewis & Clark Motel
6. The LARK – a vibrant, pet-friendly boutique accommodation within walking distance of the best bars, restaurants and attractions
There is no better place to stay than The LARK for those wanting easy access to downtown attractions. Located on Main Street in the heart of downtown, The LARK welcomes guests to an upscale lodging experience.
Designed by local artisans, minimalist rooms at this 2-star hotel feature metal furnishings and colorful wood. In-room amenities include flat-screen TVs, designer toiletries, and complimentary Wi-Fi with bunk beds and/or decks available in some units. Upgraded rooms have separate sitting areas with sofas.
Try freshly roasted coffee from the on-site coffee shop. After a long day of sightseeing and exploration, unwind by the fireplace on the hotel’s patio.
Address: 122 W Main St, Bozeman, MT 59715, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The LARK
7. Gallatin Gateway Getaway – a trendy, elegant and contemporary accommodation ideal for a family vacation
A snug holiday home located between Big Sky and Bozeman, minutes away from the Gallatin River. Surrounded by luxuriant gardens on all sides, the property is beautiful both from the inside and outside. The color scheme throughout the house is beige-ivory but you’ll also see a lot of turquoise, white, and sea green.
The two-story house has two uniquely decorated units: one comes with three bedrooms and the other has two bedrooms. Each unit has a well-equipped kitchen, a living room with a flat-screen TV, a laundry, a private bathroom, and a patio with a fire pit and outdoor furniture.
Stay at this gorgeous home to escape downtown commotion and have easy access to some of the city’s famous amusement parks.
Address: 5499 Love Lane, Bozeman, MT 59718, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Gallatin Gateway Getaway
8. Little Cottage Lane Retreat – a hip, trendy and sleek accommodation perfectly situated close to both downtown attractions and outdoor recreational activities
An elegant holiday home with three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, a well-appointed living room, a dining area, a children’s playground, and a patio with mountain views.
Located within three miles of Montana State University, the property offers easy access to Bozeman Softball Complex and Lindley Center.
Address: Bozeman, 59715, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Little Cottage Lane Retreat
9. Aspen Crossing – a new, stylish and modern accommodation well equipped for an enjoyable stay
An unfussy holiday home featuring two bedrooms, one bathroom, a small living room, a fully functional kitchen, an adjoining dining room with seating for four, and a terrace with beautiful city and mountain views. The living room has bright-colored sofas, a flat-screen TV, plenty of books, and a large window with street views. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property.
The vacation rental is located less than a mile from Sacajawea Park, with Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport reachable within a 10-minute drive.
Bowling, hiking, fishing, skiing, and cycling are some of the activities that can be enjoyed nearby. Plus, there are many cool cafes and restaurants on the street. If you don’t feel like cooking, you can always order tacos from Fiesta Mexicana or grab a pizza from Village Inn Pizza.
Address: Bozeman, 50715, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Aspen Crossing
10. Fox Hollow Inn – a charming and traditional accommodation offering breath taking views of Bridger Mountain Range and Tabacco Root Mountain
A gorgeous inn located on Mary Road just off Interstate 90, with Gallatin and Madison Rivers steps away. Each unit at Fox Hollow Inn features a distinctive decor and traditional furnishings.
There’s a split-level apartment with two bedrooms and two living rooms. The King Suite comes with a well-appointed living room, while the Queen Suite only has a bedroom. Guests can revel in the breathtaking views of the Bridger Mountain Range and Tobacco Root Mountain from their rooms.
Shared amenities include a picnic area, a sun terrace, a wraparound porch with outdoor furniture, and a garden with BBQ facilities and a hot tub.
Address: 545 Mary Rd, Bozeman, MT 59718, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Fox Hollow Inn
11. Hardscrabble Ranch – an idyllic, quirky and cool accommodation where guests can enjoy the beautiful Montana countryside
For a truly unique stay in Bozeman head to Hardscrabble Ranch which is a place where you can truly get back to nature.
Guests are invited to stay in beautiful luxury tented with the ranch grounds and each canvas tent is kitted out with a comfy bed and rustic-chic linens.
The tents can be opened up to view the surrounding natural landscapes and nature and offer comforts including wooden chairs and BBQs.
Handily there’s also free private parking. For nature lovers everywhere!
Address: 15660 Brackett Creek Rd, Bozeman, MT 59715-8234
- To book, check prices or availability for Hardscrabble Ranch
12. Bodhi Farms – a unique, eco-friendly and beautiful accommodation ideal for those who love the outdoors
A wonderful camping location with a bar, a garden, a shared lounge, and ski-to-door access. Guests have complimentary Wi-Fi access and can enjoy a la carte or continental breakfast every morning.
There are two tents: one has an extra-large double bed and can sleep two adults and the other has two double beds and can sleep up to four adults.
Located on south Cottonwood Road, Bodhi Farms is about 7 miles from Pavilion Park.
Address: 13624 S Cottonwood Rd, Bozeman, MT 59718, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Bodhi Farms
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Jackson
- Cool boutique hotels in Spokane
- Cool boutique hotels in Boise
- Cool boutique hotels in Bend
- Cool boutique hotels in Salt Lake City
- Cool boutique hotels in Park City
- Cool boutique hotels in Calgary
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Whitefish
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Deadwood
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Yellowstone
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.