Nicknamed Little Paris or Micul Paris for its elegant architecture, fashionable elite, and breathtaking architecture dating back to the neo-classical, Art Nouveau and art deco periods, Bucharest is one of the most magical destinations to experience the culture and heritage of Eastern Europe.
Drenched in art, culture and history, Bucharest invites art lovers and history enthusiasts to walk through its tree-lined boulevards and feast their eyes on magnificent buildings dating back to La Belle Epoque. This bustling metropolis has action-packed nightlife, and the local food scene is an exciting blend of historic street vendors, award-winning fine dining spots and trendy terraces.
Our roundup of the top 15 cool hotels in Bucharest, Romania, will help you find the perfect accommodation from the city’s lineup of quirky boutique hotels, trendy guest houses and unique historic residences (in no particular order)...
1. Moxy Bucharest Old Town – a cool, hip and creative accommodation perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
An upbeat residence in the heart of Bucharest’s Old Town, Moxy offers bright, open spaces to relax, unwind and mingle with like-minded adventurers. This lively hotel offers 119 guest rooms, Plug and Meet gathering areas, a breakfast area, and innumerable tech-savvy amenities.
All guest rooms are airy and well-equipped with 42-inch flat-screen TVs, sound systems, motion-activated lights, lounge chairs and built-in USB ports. The emphasis on comfort is visible from the high-thread-count bedding and in-room appliances.
Guests can start their mornings with a sumptuous buffet at the onsite breakfast area. Moxy’s lounge bar features a sprawling terrace, perfect for soaking up panoramic city views with flavorful cocktails.
- To book, check prices or availability for Moxy Bucharest Old Town
2. Sarroglia Hotel – a quirky, art and contemporary hotel where guests can experience the taste of the best sushi in the city
Sarroglia Hotel is touted as the ultimate spot for art lovers, given the hotel’s masterful amalgamation of traditional art and contemporary design. This centrally located hotel has a unique aesthetic, tempting travelers with its beautiful interiors and state-of-the-art amenities.
The hotel features 33 guest rooms designed to maximize comfort with a soothing atmosphere, well-equipped with abundant amenities and appliances. The onsite Art Lounge has an admirable fine art collection exclusively curated for the hotel’s guests.
The onsite restaurant, Zen Fusion, allowed me to discover traditional Japanese cuisine and some of the best sushi dishes in Bucharest. Guests enjoy access to a fitness studio and a Jacuzzi hot tub on the rooftop.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sarroglia Hotel
3. Tomis Garden Aparthotel București – a trendy, vibrant and hip accommodation with Insta-worthy features offering guests a buffet or continental breakfast each morning
Situated 500 meters away from Decebal Boulevard, this upscale aparthotel positions travelers near the National Arena in a neighborhood known for its exclusive nightclubs, restaurants and rooftops.
A new entrant in Bucharest’s impressive hospitality sector, this refined venue features 83 guest rooms and suites with a spacious underground parking lot, an electric charging station, luggage storage facilities, and an elevator.
Tomis Garden offers a wide selection of accommodations suitable for singles, couples and families, from Executive King and Queen Studio to Standard King and Queen Classic. All units are spacious and bright, featuring modern furniture, fine bedding and smart appliances.
- To book, check prices or availability for Tomis Garden Aparthotel București
4. The Marmorosch Bucharest, Autograph Collection – an art deco, Instagrammable and trendy hotel perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Inspired by the architectural and interior themes introduced during La Belle Epoque, the Marmorosch is a charming specimen of Art-Deco-style architecture. The interiors are a timeless blend of art, culture and history, invoking a profound sense of stepping back in time to witness the charm of la Belle Epoque.
This upscale hotel offers 217 guest rooms in multiple categories, 4 restaurants and bars, a fitness center, 4 meeting rooms and ballrooms, and the Balance Spa featuring an indoor pool and treatment facilities. All rooms are spacious and equipped with functional furniture and amenities to support relaxation and work.
The onsite Blank Restaurant is a divine dining space to discover rare French recipes concocted during La Belle Epoque.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Marmorosch Bucharest, Autograph Collection
5. Hotel Lido by Phoenicia – a fancy, retro and unique hotel filled with character and quirky décor
Designed by the world-renowned architect Ernest Doneaud, Hotel Lido is a wondrous specimen of interwar modernist architecture with rich Art Deco elements dating back to 1930. This posh hotel welcomes travelers to the fashionable Magheru Boulevard, 200 meters from the Romanian Athenaeum and within proximity to Old Town.
Lido by Phoenicia offers 115 guest rooms in multiple categories, equipped with ensuite bathrooms, workstations, flat-screen TVs, minibars and in-room appliances. Guests can explore rooms with private balconies and spacious seating areas.
The hotel also features an a la carte restaurant serving continental cuisine, a sprawling terrace, 2 conference rooms, and a fitness studio.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Lido by Phoenicia
6. Union Plaza Hotel – a fashionable, industrial-chic and lavish hotel well equipped for a memorable vacation
Union Plaza Hotel commands a dominating presence on the famous Unirii Boulevard, boasting a convenient location to access major attractions and hangout spots on foot. This designer hotel features 45 Superior Twin Rooms, 36 Superior Rooms, 9 Deluxe Rooms and 6 Executive Rooms.
All guest rooms are thoughtfully designed with functional furniture, air conditioning, safety deposit boxes and in-room appliances. The onsite amenities include 3 conference rooms, an elaborate meeting space, 24-hour reception, concierge services, and an onsite restaurant.
My local friends encouraged me to try out Union Plaza’s famous “breakfast with a view” – a sumptuous buffet served at the Amethyst Sky Bar.
- To book, check prices or availability for Union Plaza Hotel
7. Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest – an upscale, stylish and modern hotel steps away from local popular attractions
Radisson Blu boasts an ideal location in the center of Bucharest, surrounded by popular attractions, including the Romanian Athenaeum Concert Hall, the Palace of Parliament and the historic landmarks of Old Town.
This 5-star designer hotel features 424 rooms and suites, multiple onsite bars and restaurants, the World Class Health Club, and meeting rooms with business-friendly amenities. Travelers can explore an extensive variety of accommodations, including Standard Rooms, Superior Rooms, Premium Rooms, and Royal Suites.
Gastronomy and wellness were indeed the highlights of my stay at Radisson Blu. The onsite Ginger Sushi Bar & Large introduced me to a wide variety of sushi, and I signed up for aerobic classes at the onsite fitness center.
- To book, check prices or availability for Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest
8. Hotel Berthelot – a contemporary, bright and stylish hotel moments away from an array of shopping and entertainment
Staying at Hotel Berthelot is all about unwinding in comfortable rooms, feasting on sumptuous, homemade meals and exploring Bucharest on foot from a highly convenient location. This hotel is ideal for travelers eager to save up on commuting expenses, offering proximity to innumerable attractions, including the Atheneum, Cismigiu Park, the National Theatre and the Royal Place.
Designed to evoke a home-like warmth, the 43 guest rooms are well-equipped with ensuite bathrooms, in-room appliances, and high-quality bedding. Guests can explore multiple categories and opt for rooms with natural ventilation or air conditioning.
The onsite BelCanto Restaurant is home to the famous Sunken Garden, featured in the Zeppelin Magazine for its whimsical setting and artisanal take on Romanian and international cuisine.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Berthelot
9. Marshal Garden Hotel – a vibrant, funky and modern hotel located in the heart of the city
The Marshal Garden Hotel is tucked a stone’s throw away from the Romanian Square on Calea Dorobanților, surrounded by historic landmarks, dining spots and entertainment venues. Marshal Garden is popular among travelers who seek designated spaces for smoking and despise having to smoke on the streets.
This boutique hotel is home to 63 guest rooms, well-equipped conference rooms with private terraces, and an onsite restaurant with a terrace. Guests can explore multiple categories, including Standard Single, Superior Double, Deluxe Double and Apartment.
Guests are served continental breakfast each morning. The onsite open kitchen is quite famous for preparing beef loin and veal cutlets on heated stones – a must-have treat for meat lovers.
- To book, check prices or availability for Marshal Garden Hotel
10. Epoque Hotel – Relais & Chateaux – an elegant, spacious and charming boutique hotel featuring a spa and wellness center
Ideally located near Cismigiu Central Park, the Epoque Hotel offers a central downtown location with easy access to business districts and tourist attractions.
This lavish boutique hotel features 45 luxury suites, an onsite spa, and one of Bucharest’s finest restaurants, L’Atelier. I had the pleasure of dining at L’Atelier, and fell in love with the restaurant’s neoclassical interiors and traditional Balkan cuisine.
Epoque has an exceptional lineup of luxury suites adorned with high-end amenities and finely crafted furnishings. The Grand Executive Suite features an ensuite bathroom, a seating area, and in-room appliances, while the Deluxe Suite comes with a private balcony, a sitting room and a work desk.
- To book, check prices or availability for Epoque Hotel – Relais & Chateaux
11. Suter Palace Heritage Boutique Hotel – a 5-star, upscale and unique hotel where guests can enjoy fine dining by an award-winning chef
A historical neoclassical-style residence in the beautiful Tineretului district, Suter Palace is a family-friendly hotel boasting a rich heritage, elegant interiors and a central location.
The interiors and guest rooms have a regal appeal, decorated with walnut wood, gold leaf, crystals, embroidered velvets and silks. The accommodations are categorized as Deluxe Chic, Parliament View, VIP, Romantic Suite, Suter Signature Suite, Diplomat Suite and Royal Suite.
I stayed in Müller 205, one of the Deluxe Chic Rooms, and was instantly drawn by the room’s blue and red color palette and high-end amenities. The onsite Restaurant Le George is one of Bucharest’s most elegant fine dining venues, led by the award-winning Chef David Contant.
- To book, check prices or availability for Suter Palace Heritage Boutique Hotel
12. La Boheme – a cozy, classic and charming hotel offering guests offering guests a fairy-tale setting in a central location
La Boheme is established in a historic mansion constructed as the residence of one of Romania’s wealthiest merchants, Oprea Soare, in 1914. Today, this lovingly restored mansion is one of Bucharest’s most elegant hotels, combining urban comforts and traditional Romanian charm with seamless grace.
The ground floor is home to the renowned Hanu Berarilor Restaurant, serving a creative blend of continental and Romanian fares. Guests can find their ideal accommodation from La Boheme’s impressive lineup of guest rooms and independently-owned apartments equipped with Gogoo, an automated room-service program.
The Single and Standard Double Rooms are designed to accommodate solo travelers and couples, while families and large groups will prefer the amenities and space offered in the Double Deluxe and Duplex.
- To book, check prices or availability for La Boheme
13. Ganzo Boutique Hotel – a creative, spacious and petite accommodation in close proximity to several restaurants and bars
An intimate boutique hotel with a home-like ambience, Ganzo attracts travelers seeking unpretentious comforts and an energetic atmosphere. The location is splendid, within walking distance of multiple tourist attractions like the Historical Center, Coral Temple and Unirea Shopping Center.
Ganzo offers 16 rooms in three categories: Deluxe Standard, Deluxe Premium and Deluxe Club. The Deluxe Standard is a well-appointed unit for singles and couples, but the upgraded rooms feature additional space and amenities. All rooms feature warm color tones, ensuite bathrooms, air conditioning, LCD TVs, and minibars.
A continental breakfast is served daily in the lounge, and guests can enjoy a steady supply of cocktails in the evening.
- To book, check prices or availability for Ganzo Boutique Hotel
14. Conacul Coroanei Luxury Boutique Hotel – an elegant, bright and historic accommodation within walking distance of University Square
An oasis of modern luxury established in a spectacular historic building, Conacul Coroanei positions vacationers in the heart of Bucharest, a short stroll from the National Theatre and University Square.
The mansion once belonged to General Samsonovici, one of the best friends of King Carol II of Romania. This thoughtfully restored hotel offers 7 guest rooms in two categories: Deluxe Rooms and Queen deLuxe Rooms.
Travelers fond of period-style interiors will fall in love with the lavishly adorned rooms, featuring prized artworks, French antiquities, authentic Venetian furniture, large Venetian mirrors and printed granite with the faces of Venetian countesses.
- To book, check prices or availability for Conacul Coroanei Luxury Boutique Hotel
15. HOLT Old Town Suites – a newly renovated, chic and lavish accommodation in an ideal location to discover what the city has to offer
Established in the former residence of Corneliu Coposu, founder of the Romanian Democratic Convention, this beautifully restored hotel has immense historical significance. HOLT welcomes history buffs to experience the heritage of Old Town from a central location, surrounded by retail outlets, restaurants and terraces.
Singles and couples can explore one-bedroom suites while families and large groups can settle for 3 and 4-bedroom suites. Each suite has a distinct theme and décor, combining art and heritage in a masterful palette.
For instance, the 3-bedroom Birds of Paradise site is inspired by the colors of nature, while the 4-bedroom Great Gatsby is a cinema lover’s paradise with elaborate artwork and furniture from the roaring 20s.
- To book, check prices or availability for HOLT Old Town Suites
We also have posts on…
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Belgrade
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Warsaw
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Zagreb
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Tallinn
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Riga
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Prague
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Budapest
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Sofia
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Kotor
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Budva
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Transylvania
Born and raised in Brazil, Gaby has always had a taste for the intriguing, the off-beat and the far flung. After travelling around most of South America, living in Spain and Italy and then moving to England, her feet have stayed continually twitchy. Studying for a degree in Spanish translation and then learning five more languages only poured more fuel onto her travelling ardor.
Gaby likes nothing better than discovering new destinations and meeting the locals, tasting the cuisine and hearing about the local stories. Her other indulgences include French cinema, boxing, photography, colourful manicures and soaking up the rays on a sun-infused beach. She counts Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon and Cornwall as her most favourite places in the world.