The second-largest city in the U.S. state of New York Buffalo is a city with a rich history and plenty of character. It attracts a cool crowd too and is a magnet for beer fans, foodies and hip and quirky types drawn by its excellent restaurants, breweries and surrounding scenery.
To reflect this vibe, there’s also a great choice of interesting and discerning places to stay. From the trendy hipster vibes to chic boutiques, here are Buffalo’s coolest and most unusual hotels (in no particular order)…
1. Reikart House Buffalo, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel – one of the coolest hotels in Buffalo, New York
Nestled in the heart of downtown Buffalo, New York, the Reikart House is a Tribute Portfolio Hotel that offers travelers a unique mix of history and modern luxury.
The hip hotel is located in a beautifully restored 19th-century building, and it features an array of amenities that are sure to please even the most discerning guests.
The Reikart House is within walking distance of many of Buffalo’s best restaurants and attractions.
Its convenient location makes it the perfect base for exploring all that this vibrant city offers. The hotel has a fireside lounge to enjoy your drink sitting there, or if you’re a bookaholic, you will love it!
Each hotel bedroom has 80’’ inches TV for 20 people, while the butler service is the cherry at the top when booking any deluxe suit.
Address: 5000 Main St, Amherst, NY 14226, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Reikart House Buffalo, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
2. The Edward Buffalo – a chic luxury boutique hotel near excellent attractions
The Hotel Edward is a historic Buffalo landmark. The hotel was built in the early 1900s and has since been renovated and updated to meet the needs of modern travelers.
The beautiful boutique hotel is located in the heart of downtown Buffalo, within walking distance of many of the city’s best restaurants, shops, and attractions.
It offers a variety of room types and suites to accommodate guests that offer different amenities within the room. A fitness center, business center, and on-site restaurant are also available to have the best of your time.
Whether you’re visiting Buffalo for business or pleasure, the Hotel Edward is the perfect place to stay.
Address: 1296 Delaware Ave, Buffalo, NY 14209, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Edward Buffalo
3. Millennium Buffalo – one of the best hotels in Buffalo where you can enjoy a fitness center and a games room
The Millennium Buffalo Hotel was built in 1974 and renovated in 2016. This hotel is just 4.5 miles from Buffalo Niagara International Airport and 10 miles from downtown Buffalo.
The 301-room hotel features an indoor swimming pool, fitness center, and Walden’s restaurant.
Guest rooms are decorated with bright bursts of color, dark wood furniture, and floor-to-ceiling windows. Rooms also feature a microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee maker.
However, its amenities are not limited to the rooms only; Millennium Buffalo air-port hotel also has an ample meeting space with audio-visual equipment and two different wedding venue spaces if you want to stay and celebrate your big day at the beautiful site of Niagara Falls.
The hotel is located near Canalside in the Cobblestone District. There’s no shortage of things to do in the surrounding area, with shopping at Galleria Mall within walking distance and other attractions like KeyBank Center, Shea’s Performing Arts Center, and Albright Knox Art Gallery just a short drive away.
Address: 2040 Walden Ave, Buffalo, NY 14225, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Millenium Buffalo
4. The Mosey Buffalo Williamsville Tapestry Collection Hilton – an impressive hotel with close proximity to the Niagara Falls
The Mosey Buffalo Williamsville Tapestry Collection Hilton Hotel is located in the historic village of Williamsville, New York. This hotel is a member of the Hilton Tapestry Collection, a chain of upscale hotels that are independently owned and operated.
The Mosey Buffalo hotel was built in 2013. It has many spacious rooms, suites, and extended stay accommodations that feature king or queen beds with plush bedding and modern amenities.
Suites are equipped with microwaves, refrigerators, sofa beds, workstations, and Keurig coffee machines. The hotel offers complimentary breakfast each morning in the lobby area, as well as free parking and Wi-Fi.
Address: 5195 Main St, Williamsville, NY 14221, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Mosey Buffalo Williamsville Tapestry Collection Hilton Hotel
5. The Delavan Hotel – a contemporary boutique hotel that offers a great spa and a wellness center
The Delavan Hotel in Buffalo is a historic hotel built in the late 1800s. The hotel features a unique combination of architecture and amenities that make it a popular choice for travelers. The hotel has a beautiful atrium with a skylight and 60 elegant rooms, and spacious and well-appointed hallways.
The hotel also offers various services and amenities, including a 24-hour front desk, beauty salon, laundry service, and a fitness center.
In addition, the Delavan Hotel is located in the heart of downtown Buffalo, making it convenient for all of the city’s attractions.
Address: 6461 Transit Rd, Lancaster, NY 14086, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Delavan Hotel
6. Embassy Suites Buffalo – a modern all-suite hotel that is within walking distance of the beach
The Embassy Suites Buffalo Hotel is one of the premier hotels in the Buffalo area. The hotel features 60 spacious suites with plenty of room for guests to relax and enjoy their stay. The suites are also equipped with all of the modern amenities guests need, including WiFi and cable TV.
In addition, the hotel offers a variety of on-site dining options and a fitness center and business center.
The hotel also offers a free breakfast and evening reception. And how can we forget about the scheduled shuttle at the airport that is available to make your life easier?
Whether guests are in town for business or pleasure, the Embassy Suites Buffalo Hotel is the perfect place for tourists and newlywed couples.
Address: 200 Delaware Ave, Buffalo, NY 14202, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Embassy Suites Buffalo
7. The Mansion on Delaware Avenue – a unique historic mansion that provides personalized butler services and chic decorated rooms
The Mansion on Delaware Avenue is a historic hotel located in downtown Buffalo, New York. The hotel was initially built in 1869-1870 as a private residence, and it later served as an events venue before being converted into a hotel in April 2001.
The Mansion on Delaware Avenue is known for its opulent design, featuring marble floors, stained glass windows, and an ornate staircase.
The 28-room luxury hotel also features a restaurant, bar, and spa located just minutes from Niagara Falls. Guests of the Mansion on Delaware Avenue can enjoy all that Buffalo offers, from the world-renowned falls to the thriving arts and culture scene.
Whether you’re visiting for business or pleasure, the Mansion on Delaware Avenue will make your stay a memorable one.
Address: 414 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14202, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Mansion on Delaware Avenue
8. Aloft Buffalo Downtown – a trendy, funky and Instagrammable hotel perfect for Millenials and Gen Z’s
Aloft Buffalo Downtown is a hip new hotel that opened in April 2019 and is just a 10-minute walk from the KeyBank Center. It offers Re:charge fitness center, indoor pool, and contemporary rooms with free WiFi.
Rooms at the fun and modern Aloft Buffalo are styled with modern décor, including urban-style furniture and loft-like design. They include a flat-screen TV with cable channels, an iPod docking station, and a mini-fridge. Some suites have separate living areas.
Aloft Buffalo Downtown Hotel features the W XYZ Bar, which serves cocktails, coffee, and snacks. The hotel also features live music and DJs at Re: Mix Lounge on select evenings.
Address: 500 Pearl Street, Buffalo, NY 14202, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Aloft Buffalo Downtown
9. The Westin Buffalo – a trendy luxury hotel that has an upscale on-site restaurant
The Westin Buffalo Hotel is an upscale, pet-friendly hotel located in the heart of downtown, within walking distance of KeyBank Center and Shea’s Buffalo Theatre. The property features stylish guest rooms, a meeting space, a restaurant, and a fitness center. Amenities include complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access and a business center. Pet-friendly rooms are also available on request.
It offers guests impeccable service and top-notch amenities, including a dry cleaning service, gift shop, and wake-up calls. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed, and many offer stunning views of the city skyline. The Westin Buffalo is the perfect place to stay for business or pleasure.
Address: 250 Delaware Ave, Buffalo, NY 14202, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Westin Buffalo
10. Courtyard by Marriott Buffalo Downtown/Canalside – a terrific Marriott hotel that features a cozy bar and an indoor pool
A short walk southwest of the city center, this modern hotel is set in a revitalized neighborhood of KeyBank Center.
The chic, contemporary rooms feature free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, minifridges, and coffeemakers. Suites add living areas with pull-out sofas and desks; some have canal views.
There’s an American bistro for breakfast and dinner and a bar serving cocktails. Other amenities include a gym and an indoor pool. The hotel also offers a 24/7 market, meeting space, and event facilities.
Address: One Canalside, 125 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14203, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Courtyard by Marriott Buffalo Downtown/Canalside
We also have posts on…
- Cool Boutique Hotels New York
- Cool Boutique Hotels in The Finger Lakes
- Cool Boutique Hotels Pittsburgh
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Cape Cod
- Cool Boutique hotels in Quebec
- Cool Boutique Hotels Boston
- Cool Boutique Hotels Philadelphia
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Cincinnati
- Cool Boutique Hotels Montreal
- Cool Boutique Hotels Toronto
- Cool Boutique hotels in Quebec
- Cool and Unique in Atlantic City
- Cool Boutique hotels in Cleveland
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Lake Placid
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Stowe VT
- Cool and Unique hotels in Gettysburg
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Saratoga Springs
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Cooperstown
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.