A small city perched atop California’s Napa Valley, Calistoga is known for world-class wineries, thermal hot springs, vineyards spanning miles of countryside, exhilarating outdoor activities, and picturesque scenery. Tourists flock to this laid-back town for many reasons: some want to wash off their worries in the city’s mineral waters while some look forward to the eclectic shopping opportunities downtown.
Outdoorsmen will have an amazing time gliding above Napa Valley in a hot air balloon or hiking the scenic trails in Calistoga’s Petrified Forest. Oenophiles will hop from tasting room to tasting room at local wineries. Gourmets will enjoy the most well-balanced combination of good food and relaxed ambiance at the city’s cozy restaurants.
Calistoga also happens to be brimming with splendid resorts, boutique hotels, historic B&Bs, and secluded vacation rentals. Here are the top cool and unusual hotels in Calistoga, California (in no particular order)...
1. Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa – a retro, hip and unique boutique hotel perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa is a perfect pick for those who want to stay somewhere laid-back. Featuring its own hot springs, the boutique hotel is only two miles from the Old Faithful Geyser of California with Robert Louis Stevenson State Park accessible within a 15-minute drive.
Rainfall showerheads, mini-fridges, Keurig coffee makers, and flat-screen TVs are some of the many in-room amenities offered to guests here. If you book a suite, you’ll have access to an adjoining living room with a pull-out sofa. Communal amenities include a mineral-water Jacuzzi, a mineral-water outdoor pool, and onsite parking.
Address: 1880 Lincoln Ave, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Calistoga Motor Lodge and Spa
2. Dr Wilkinsons Backyard Resort and Mineral Springs – a Member of Design Hotels – a newly renovated, vibrant and cool hotel where guests can experience world-renowned spa treatments
Yet another high-end hotel on Lincoln Avenue, Dr Wilkinsons Backyard Resort has everything to make your stay comfortable and luxurious.
Rooms at this spa hotel are accessed through external corridors and feature coffee makers, mini-fridges, dining tables, and flat-screens. Guests staying in upgraded rooms enjoy advanced amenities like HDTVs and access to a shared veranda. If you want to have a private kitchen, book a bungalow.
Set in a Victorian building steps from Mount Street, the 4-star hotel also offers a range of communal amenities including two outdoor pools, steam rooms, mud baths, a sundeck, and a hot tub with mineral water.
Address: 1507 Lincoln Ave, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Dr Wilkinsons Backyard Resort and Mineral Springs – a Member of Design Hotels
3. Four Seasons Resort Napa Valley – one of the most desired resorts in Napa Valley where guests can enjoy an upscale, rustic-chic and trendy stay
If you cannot compromise on comfort and luxury, Four Seasons Resort Napa Valley may be the best place to stay in Calistoga. Set on the lovely grounds of the Elusa Valley, this opulent hotel boasts a wine-tasting room, two classy restaurants, two outdoor pools, a spa, a 24-hour gym, and a kids’ club.
Refined rooms at Four Seasons Resort are outfitted with private bars, balconies, flat-screen TVs, and fireplaces. Suites feature living rooms, while villas offer kitchenettes. You can enjoy stunning vineyard views from inside your room.
Bothe-Napa Valley State Park and the Old Faithful Geyser of California are within a 5-minute drive of this luxury hotel.
Address: 400 Silverado Trail N, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Four Seasons Resort Napa Valley
4. Indian Springs Resort & Spa – an iconic, chic and Bohemian-style resort designed to create a one-of-a-kind experience for its guests
Spanning 16 acres of beautiful gardens in a wine country, Indian Springs Resort & Spa is where you’ll see Spanish traditions combined with modern luxury. Chic lodgings at this 4-star hotel feature flat-screen TVs, mini-fridges, coffee makers, and microwaves. Some cottages are equipped with full kitchens.
Those feeling ravenous should head over to the onsite restaurant to enjoy classic American cuisine and creative cocktails. Freebies include snacks and loaner bikes. While living here as a guest, you’ll also have access to a fireplace lounge, two mineral-water pools, and a spa.
Given the hotel’s proximity to the Silverado Trail, you’ll also have plenty of hiking opportunities.
Address: 1712 Lincoln Ave, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Indian Springs Resort & Spa
5. Mount View Hotel & Spa – an art-deco, elegant and contemporary hotel featuring a picturesque garden and outdoor swimming pool
A sumptuous lodging experience awaits you at Mount View Hotel & Spa, a boutique hotel located within walking distance of Mount Street downtown.
Plush rooms at this 3-star hotel feature feather beds and tasteful decor. Each room is equipped with flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, DVD players, and espresso machines. Suites come with balconies and separate living rooms. Higher-end amenities like private patios and whirlpool tubs are only available for guests residing in artists’ cottages.
There’s also an Italian restaurant offering room service, a mineral-water whirlpool, a day spa, and an outdoor pool.
Address: 1457 Lincoln Ave, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Mount View Hotel & Spa
6. Chateau De Vie – a quiet, lavish and tasteful accommodation surrounded by acres of breathtaking Instagrammable vineyards
If you want to stay amid gorgeous vineyards, Chateau De Vie may be the perfect pick. Polished rooms at the manor-style B&B feature en suite bathrooms with plush robes and designer toiletries, beds with Egyptian cotton linens, TVs and iPod docks, DVD players, and free Wi-Fi.
Complimentary amenities include a full breakfast, afternoon wine and cheese, and early morning coffee. A 40-foot vineyard pool, massage treatments, and a garden hot tub are accessible to all guests.
Address: 3250 CA-128, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Chateau De Vie
7. The Francis House – a contemporary, French-inspired and chic accommodation that was named one of the best designed hotels
This French-style hotel on Myrtle Street offers refined accommodation, an outdoor pool, an infrared sauna, a salt room, a garden with a fire pit, and a library.
From the exposed brick walls to the minimalist vibe to the French accents featured in the room, you’ll love virtually everything about this snug hotel. While living at The Francis House, you’ll be steps away from Napa River.
Address: 1403 Myrtle St, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Francis House
8. Embrace Calistoga – an elegant, upscale and European-style accommodation that blends old world luxury with modern day amenities
Embrace Calistoga is an excellent pick if you want to stay close to the downtown action. The European-style B&B dates from 1873 and offers accommodation in individually designed rooms with period furnishings, plush bedding, and original art.
Each room at this historic B&B comes equipped with marble bathrooms, gas fireplaces, complimentary Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and iPod docks. Guests are served free continental breakfast in a formal dining room or a wraparound porch. Afternoon wine and cheese are also served for free. There’s also a spacious living room with a fireplace.
As the B&B is located right on the main street of Calistoga, you’ll have easy access to all downtown attractions while staying here.
Address: 1139 Lincoln Ave, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Embrace Calistoga
9. Brannan Cottage Inn – a historic, stylish and modern accommodation in close proximity to local attractions
This gingerbread-style Victorian cottage takes you back to the 19th century with its vintage decor and period furnishings. With upscale amenities, a warm ambiance, and proximity to downtown action, Brannan Cottage Inn is arguably one of the best places to stay in Calistoga.
There are six elegant bedrooms, each of which is individually decorated to satisfy the needs of just about any traveler. All rooms have private bathrooms, fireplaces, skylights, flat-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi, and ceiling fans. Guests also have access to a garden with outdoor furniture, a wraparound veranda, and an onsite parking space.
Address: 109 Wappo Ave, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Brannan Cottage Inn
10. Calistoga Wine Way Inn – a beautiful, romantic and historic accommodation within walking distance to shops and restaurants in downtown Calistoga
Witness the harmonious coexistence of modern design with antique furnishings at this genteel B&B in a restored American Craftsman-style cottage. Streamlined rooms at the 3-star hotel feature every amenity that guests could need for a lavish stay, from 4-poster beds to whirlpool tubs to private gardens.
Guests enjoy a gourmet breakfast in the communal dining room or on the porch. Afternoon wine tastings and parking are complimentary for all guests. There’s also a rear deck, a communal garden, and a living room.
Located about two miles from Mt St Helena Golf Course, Calistoga Wine Way Inn is a fantastic choice for those who want to be based in the historic downtown area.
Address: 1019 Foothill Blvd, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Calistoga Wine Way Inn
The Bergson is thoughtfully designed for vacationers who cannot choose between elegance and comfort. With top-end amenities and proximity to Old Faithful Geyser, this deluxe inn is one of the most desirable places to stay in Calistoga.
Guests lodge in classy yet snug rooms with fireplaces, 4-poster beds, private balconies, coffee makers, and cable TV. Free perks include parking, continental breakfast, and local shuttle service.
Address: 1010 Foothill Blvd, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Bergson
12. Craftsman Inn – one of the most charming accommodations in Napa Valley perfect for couples to enjoy a romantic getaway
Set in a restored 1910 house about two miles from the Old Faithful Geyser of California, Craftsman Inn provides a high-end lodging experience with tons of complimentary amenities.
Stylish rooms at this historic hotel are individually decorated to accommodate the well-heeled traveler. In-room amenities at this 3-star hotel include pillow-top mattresses, mini-fridges, flat-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi, whirlpool tubs, claw-foot tubs, and private porches.
Address: 1213 Foothill Blvd, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Craftsman Inn
13. Foothill House – a quaint, charming and petite accommodation offering guests a complimentary hot breakfast every morning
A perfect home away from home, Foothill House offers a romantic retreat with stunning countryside views. Each of the six lavishly appointed suites features spa baths, coffee machines, patios, and flat-screen TVs.
Freebies at the B&B include a hot breakfast served in a communal living room and onsite parking. With so many excellent restaurants nearby, you can satisfy your cravings whenever you want. Palmer House, one of the city’s most popular landmarks, is also within a short drive from the property.
Address: 3037 Foothill Blvd, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Foothill House
14. UpValley Inn & Hot Springs, Ascend Hotel Collection – a trendy, new boutique accommodation located moments away from the Napa Valley Wine Train
Combining country charm with urban comfort, UpValley Inn & Hot Springs stands proud as one of the finest boutique hotels in Calistoga. From rustic-chic accents featured in genteel rooms to complimentary perks to onsite amenities, everything about this place is to die for.
Each room is equipped with mini-fridges, rainfall showers, Keurig coffee makers, and flat-screen TVs. Some rooms have private patios or balconies, while suites feature fireplaces and sitting areas. Beautiful countryside views will greet you from the large windows inside your room.
There’s also an outdoor pool with geothermal water, a hot tub, a steam room, and a sauna. The hotel is just off State Route 29 with Mount St. Helena Golf Course reachable within a 1-minute drive.
Address: 1865 Lincoln Ave, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for UpValley Inn & Hot Springs, Ascend Hotel Collection
15. Calistoga Vineyard Getaway – a family-friendly, spacious and bright accommodation providing Insta-worthy views of the surrounding vineyards and mountains
Surrounded by over 50 vineyards, this charming, four-bedroom property in the heart of Napa and Sonoma Wine Country is synonymous with serenity. The large windows in the living room let you revel in sweeping mountain and vineyard views while lying on plush sofas.
As you enter the living room through glass doors, you’ll find an open dining area on your left adjacent to which is a fully equipped kitchen. There’s also a patio with a dining table and a courtyard with a swimming pool and a hot tub.
Be sure to buy your groceries because there is no restaurant within five miles of this property.
Address: 17000 Spencer Ln, Calistoga, CA 94515, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Calistoga Vineyard Getaway
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Napa Valley
- Cool boutique hotels in Palo Alto
- Cool boutique hotels in Paso Robles
- Cool boutique hotels in Healdsburg
- Cool boutique hotels in San Luis Obispo
- Cool boutique hotels in Sonoma
- Cool boutique hotels in San Francisco
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.