Known for its sweeping beaches, great surf, kiteboarding, windsurfing, kite flying and sailing (due to its high windspeeds), as well as nearby migratory birds and endangered sea turtles, the unofficial capital of the Texas Gulf Coast is loved by its many visitors.
Throw in some interesting museums, a variety of cultures, awesome shopping, fresh locally sourced food, beaches with their endless vistas of sky, enchanting full moon cruises and bags of charm and South Texas Hospitality, you have a very special place to visit. Need an equally special place to stay? From luxurious hotels on the bay to cute boutique hideaways on Mustang Island, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Corpus Christi, Texas (in no particular order)…
1. Omni Corpus Christi Hotel – an elegant, stylish and upscale hotel located in the heart of the lively downtown Marina District
An upscale hotel located in the heart of the downtown Marina District. The gorgeous, beach hotel features 475 air-conditioned rooms and suites with tons of upscale amenities, including premium bedding, Egyptian cotton sheets, shower and tub combos, wet bars, bay-view balconies, coffee makers, and complimentary toiletries.
The chic hotel also boasts two elegant restaurants, a luxury salon, a pleasant cafe, and racquetball courts. You can engage in a variety of activities nearby, including swimming, sailing and snorkeling.
Address: 900 N Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78401, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
2. Aloft Corpus Christi – a unique, hip boutique hotel with an ideal location close to top attractions
Aloft Corpus Christi is a hip, boutique hotel nestled amidst shops and restaurants downtown. The laid-back vibe of this modern hotel sets it apart from other downtown hotels.
Rooms at the funky, contemporary hotel come with flat-screen TVs, tea and coffee makers, minibars, and microwaves.
A standard room at Aloft Corpus Christi can sleep two people, while upgraded rooms can accommodate up to four guests and come with vibrant decor.
Children under 18 can stay free at the hotel with a parent. Guests also have access to a 24-hour hip restaurant, a stylish bar, a lounge with a pool table, an outdoor pool, a gym, and a furnished terrace.
Address: 5117 Embassy Dr, Corpus Christi, TX 78411, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Aloft Corpus Christi
3. Emerald Beach Hotel Corpus Christi – the only oceanfront hotel overlooking the bay where guests can enjoy a modern, relaxed and pet-friendly stay
A trendy, beachfront located on Corpus Christi Bay, a few miles from great attractions. With direct access to the Emerald Cove, Emerald Beach Hotel is the only oceanfront hotel in downtown Corpus Christi.
Popular attractions near the hotel include McGee Beach, Cole Park, Old Concrete Amphitheater, and Texas Surf Museum.
Rooms at the relaxed hotel offer free Wi-Fi, coffee makers, and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Upgraded rooms add balconies or patios offering bay views. There’s also an easygoing eatery, a lounge, a hot tub, a gym, and an indoor pool.
Address: 1102 S Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78401, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Emerald Beach Hotel Corpus Christi
4. Kemps Dream – a trendy, stylish and Instagrammable accommodation perfect for a Millennials and Gen Zs group getaway
A tranquil townhome with a photographic interior complemented by designer furnishings and contemporary touches.
With three well-appointed bedrooms, a stylish living area, a gourmet kitchen, and a large outdoor area, Kemps Dream is one of the best holiday homes in Corpus Christi.
The 18-unite complex can accommodate up to seven guests. Each room at Kemps Dream comes with an en-suite bathroom and a smart TV. The en-suite bathroom of the primary suite has a double vanity and a walk-in shower.
The expansive outdoor area features a year-round pool, surrounded by tanning ledges and loungers. Kemps Dream is a 4-minute drive from the nearest beach.
Address: Corpus Christi, 78418, Estados Unidos
- To book, check prices or availability for Kemps Dream
5. The Pintail LV141 – a rustic-chic, quiet and pet-friendly accommodation ideal for a family vacation
Located on the water a few miles from North Beach and North Padre Island, The Pintail LV141 features a communal dock and a private boat slip.
The pet-friendly holiday home features three bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, a fitness center, a communal pool, and a balcony overlooking the water. Two rooms have King beds and one features two sets of full-size bunk beds.
The Pintail LV141 is one of the few holiday homes in North Padre and Port Arkansas. There’s a great restaurant on the marina, located a few minutes away.
Address: 141 Laguna Village Dr, Corpus Christi, 78418, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Pintail LV141
A gorgeous vacation rental complex featuring two-bedroom condos and four-bedroom townhomes.
Each apartment at Pathway to the Sea features two bedrooms, one bathroom with complimentary toiletries, a living room with a sofa bed and a TV, a dining area, a fully functional kitchen, and a patio with pool views.
Communal amenities include a year-round swimming pool, complete with poolside loungers and an adjoining patio with tables and chairs.
Address: Corpus Christi, 78418, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Pathway to the Sea
7. Beachfront Corpus Christi Condo with Arcade Room! – a quirky, themed and cozy accommodation well-equipped for a couple’s romantic getaway
A colorful, one-bedroom holiday home for those seeking a romantic getaway or traveling solo.
Located less than a mile from North Beach, the beachfront condo features an 80’s themed room, a living area with retro-themed decor and an old-school video game machine, and a well-equipped kitchen with a 4-person breakfast bar.
With a queen bed in the bedroom and a twin bunk bed in the living room, the property can sleep up to five guests. There’s also a fully furnished patio offering views of the Gulf of Mexico.
Address: Corpus Christi, 78402, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Beachfront Corpus Christi Condo with Arcade Room!
8. El Constante 208 – a newly renovated, vibrant and family-friendly accommodation featuring a heated pool and hot tub
A rustic, beachfront property located within walking distance of Padre Island Seawall and South Packery Channel Beach. El Constante 208 can accommodate up to four guests in two bedrooms: one with an extra-large double bed and one with a large double bed.
The two-bedroom holiday home features en-suite bathrooms with a shower, a fully functional kitchen, a living area with sky blue walls, and a swimming pool.
Popular points of interest near the property include Bob Hall Pier, North Packery Beach, Whitecap Beach, and Mustang Island State Park.
Address: 14802 Windward Dr #208, Corpus Christi, 78418, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for El Constante 208
9. Beauty by the Bay – a bright, spacious and quiet accommodation where guests can experience a memorable stay
A waterfront vacation rental perching steps from the ivory sands of Whitecap Beach. It is ideally located in a quiet area, with Padre Island Seawall Beach and South Packery Channel Beach accessible within an 8-minute walk.
The minimalist, unassuming interior of the holiday home is hard to find elsewhere in Corpus Christi. With King beds in each room, the two-bedroom property can sleep up to six people
. Other amenities include free Wi-Fi, a TV with cable channels, and a patio offering beach views.
Address: Corpus Christi, 78418, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Beauty by the Bay
10. Hotel DeVille – a cool and contemporary hotel within walking distance of the beach and near to local attractions
With an ideal location on the Corpus Christi Coast, Hotel DeVille is one of the coolest hotels in the city. This cool Corpus Christi hotel features vibrant rooms with flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, microwaves, coffee makers, and minibars.
Guests lodged in upgraded rooms can indulge in beautiful bay views. Kitchenettes and living rooms are available in three-bedroom suites.
North Beach is accessible within a 2-minute walk from the hotel.
Address: 3500 Surfside Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78402, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel DeVille
11. Padre Beach View 202K – a beautiful, coastal-chic and tranquil accommodation providing relaxing sunrise views overlooking the beach
An exquisite beachside property with a coastal ambience. The two-story property has three bedrooms, a well-equipped kitchen with a 4-person breakfast bar, a living area with a Queen-size sleeper sofa, a dining area with seating for six, and a loft area with a sleeper futon.
The expansive exterior of the holiday home features a private fenced-in patio with outdoor furniture. The second floor includes a private balcony with chairs. Sleeping up to ten people, Padre Beach View 202K is ideal for big family vacations.
Popular attractions near the property include Bob Hall Pier, Whitecap Beach, Mustang Island State Park, Padre Island Seawall Beach, and South Packery Channel Beach.
Address: 15202 Beach Way Drive, Corpus Christi, 78418, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Padre Beach View 202K
12. Red Roof Inn North – a classic and cozy accommodation featuring an outdoor courtyard with BBQ facilities
Red Roof Inn North is a laid-back hotel located off I-37 with Selena Museum reachable within a 10-minute drive. Accessed through exterior corridors, unfussy rooms at the 2-star hotel come equipped with flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, coffee makers, microwaves, and mini-fridges.
Parking is complimentary to all guests and children can stay free of charge in their parent’s room. An on-site Mexican eatery, a courtyard with BBQ grills, an outdoor pool, and laundry facilities are also available.
Address: 901 Navigation Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78408, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Red Roof Inn North
We also have other posts on…
- Cool and Unique Hotels in San Antonio
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Austin
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Houston
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Dallas
- Cool and Unique Hotels in New Orleans
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Amarillo
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Fort Worth
- Cool and Unusual hotels in South Padre Island
- Cool Boutique hotels in Natchez
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Galveston
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Biloxi
Scott started his travelling life back in 1999, when he headed off on a solo jaunt to South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia with just a backpack, a camera and a spirit for adventure. After that, the travel bug bit hard and now he is always seeking to head off somewhere new. Over the years he has lived in Italy, Qatar, Ireland, UK and the US but his spiritual home will always be Rome as this is the city which most satisfies his unrelenting craving for culture, good food and great football. Scott loves nothing better than to be behind the camera and also runs his own blog and Instagram page. He also counts Melbourne, Cape Town and Tel Aviv among his favourite places. Follow him on Twitter and Instagram at @scottbalaam