From exquisitely groomed runs to state-of-the-art lift systems, Courchevel is a skier’s paradise. Throw in an eclectic Michelin-starred restaurant scene, a dazzling nightlife, and many stylish designer boutiques, the five hamlets that comprise Courchevel offer different atmospheres yet are all grounded in luxury, glamour, and invigoration.
Courchevel’s eclectic hotels are a bit like members of a family. They each have their own personality but are deeply linked by shared traditions and a profound passion for the great outdoors. From tranquil, chalet-style boutiques to lavish interpretations of alpine grandeur, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Courchevel, France (in no particular order)…
1. Hôtel Courcheneige – a gorgeous, unique and Instagrammable ski lodge that’s great for couples, groups of friends or families
The charismatic Hôtel Courcheneige from true doorstep skiing, and is conveniently located just a 15-minute walk or a free shuttle ride to the centre of town.
The reception invites you to feel the character of Courchevel through quirky décor which embraces the mountain, woods, and flowers of the summits.
Redecorated with a trendy freshness, the 84 chalet-style accommodations welcome you to an optimum blend of tradition and modern comfort, with ski-inspired wall murals harmonising with the effervescent mountain views.
After a day of carving up the mountains, the hotel’s cosy cellar bar is the perfect spot to unwind by a crackling fire, while the jacuzzi and spa offer an enhanced moment of serenity.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hôtel Courcheneige
2. Hotel Le Saint Roch – a cool, Instaworthy upscale ski hotel which makes a perfect base for partying Millenials and Gen Zs
Hotel Le Saint Roch is regarded as one of the most uniquely decorated hotels in the European Alps. To create a tranquil, lavish respite haven, details have been thoughtfully crafted to the very last element.
Not only is the hotel aesthetically pleasing, but it also boasts an enviable location just across the road from the slopes. Bespoke furnishings complement the contemporary and chic atmosphere, with each private sanctuary adorned with authentic materials, antique oak parquets, subdued lighting, and harmonious tones.
A private tub and rain shower feature in each room, enhancing the relaxed ambiance of your evening downtime. While the restaurant is dressed in white at breakfast time, at night it transforms into a moody-lit hub clad in black, with a large fireplace inviting guests to kick back and unwind.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Le Saint Roch
3. Hôtel La Sivolière – a simply gorgeous ski-in, ski-out design hotel with a chic, elegant interior and a pool
This Alpine style Savoyard address has undergone a head-to-toe renovation and welcomes you warmly with 35 chalet-style guestrooms, ski-in, ski-out convenience, and a wide range of tailored services in a cocooning atmosphere.
In the toasty ambiance of the lounge and pool area, you are treated to an optimum spot of requiescence, while gourmet dining experiences await in an idyllic setting facing the fir trees and ski slopes.
Further onside amenities include a concierge service, ski room, and complimentary shuttles. For a peaceful reprieve, you can indulge in a moment of serenity between the sauna and the hammam, as well as in the counter-current swimming pool which boasts sumptuous views of the valley.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hôtel La Sivolière
4. Fahrenheit Seven Courchevel – beautiful, fun, trendy and modern hotel right on the slopes
The friendly and hip Fahrenheit Seven Courchevel hotel boasts an enviable position on the slopes of Europe’s highest ski village. Through bedroom doors emblazoned with black and white ski scenes from years gone by, to brightly coloured sofas, and geometric patterned carpets in the hallways, the hotel’s retro vibe radiates through the property.
The guestrooms are decorated with pictures of past skiers, with dial telephones and matching lamps reflecting the hotels 1970s origins.
The on-site restaurant La Rotisserie serves an eclectic mix of traditional French dishes with a twist, in the backdrop of the awe-inspiring pistes. A huge ski room features a bar, as well as exercise bikes, a football table, and a large screen to watch ski racing.
- To book, check prices or availability for Fahrenheit Seven Courchevel
5. Les Trois Vallées, a Beaumier hotel – a contemporary ski-to-door hotel with cool, funky interiors
This ski-in, ski-out four-star boutique Les Trois Vallées is a paean to modern luxury, and blissfully blends high-altitude elegance with a graceful atmosphere.
Stripped back to its roots during a revamp in 2013, original fifties furniture and many decorative accessories by pioneering French designers have reclaimed the hotel’s traditional charm, whilst bolstering its cosy feel.
The high level of comfort is evoked through a roaring fire in the lobby-lounge, and gorgeous, cocooning guestrooms. A spa, pool, ski shop, and restaurant offer guests a complete experience, while the enormous, illuminated map at the far end of the lobby-lounge equips you with insightful guidance for your memorable day trips.
- To book, check prices or availability for Les Trois Vallées
6. Hotel Le Chabichou – a trendy ski lodge with a luxurious modern interior and a huge array of high-end facilities
Upon entrance to Hotel Le Chabichou, you will be greeted by an immaculate façade which is as white as snow, reflecting the hotel’s prime location at the foot of the slopes.
Exuding discreet elegance through a warm family welcome, this typical Savoyard chalet boasts a unique selection of rooms with the comfort needed to enjoy a blissful night’s sleep after an action-packed day.
In the rooms, authenticity and modernity is combined effortlessly in the backdrop of the breathtaking slopes. The on-site restaurant offers a memorable occasion to taste refined gastronomic cuisine, and has been honoured with two Michelin Stars for more than thirty years.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Le Chabichou
7. Le K2 Djola – a striking ski hotel with quirky and unusual decor that feels amazingly modern
The latest offering from the luxurious K2 collection, Le K2 Djola boasts an intimate, boutique feel, and retains the perfect equation of design, comfort, and well-being.
The 23 guestrooms are an opulent interpretation of a city hotel, yet maintain mountain heritage and a strong attention to the nurturing of happiness.
The wellness area consists of a sauna, a hammam, and a herbal tea room, which makes après-ski a blissful experience. A tea shop also features at this stunning hotel, offering a taste of many different cultures around the world.
Upon returning from a day on the slopes, you can relax with friends and loved ones by a cosy fireplace in the hotel’s exclusive communal area.
- To book, check prices or availability for Le K2 Djola
8. Hotel Le K2 Altitude – a unique new take on a traditional ski lodge that feels fresh and modern
Imagined and designed as an intimate haven, Hotel Le K2 Altitude takes a unique Tibetan inspiration into a brand-new hospitality concept.
Entering into the lobby feels like pushing open the doors of a temple, into a world of authentic luxury.
The hotel propels the art of living to the forefront, through attentive, personalized service and gorgeous décor of imposing wooden doors, heavy iron rings, and Sanskrit inscriptions.
In this distinctive hamlet of 11 chalets arranged around the edge of the piste, culinary art meets a romantic flare, where high-flying two-Michelin-starred gastronomy is served in the majestic setting of the peaks.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Le K2 Altitude
9. Lys Martagon – an elegant and chic ski hotel with a glamourous, Instagrammable interior and a pool
A unique conceptual jewel offering itself to travellers in pursuit of comfort and intimacy, Lys Martagon was created by mountain and art lovers in homage to Savoyard traditions.
Steeped in the past and inspired by the future, a chic, art deco elegance is combined with natural materials, clad in artistic fabrics. The 7 modular suites offer a sense of timeless immersion to a world of beauty and simplicity, where impressionist paintings radiate an endless array of colours, while backlit glass ceilings add a contemporary flare.
From the comfort of your room, you can gaze over snow-capped peaks, and the exceptional ambiance is topped with a personalized concierge service.
- To book, check prices or availability for Lys Martagon
10. White 1921 Courchevel – a cute, cosy, and unusual ski hotel with a sleek and modern interior
The perfect place to indulge in the festive atmosphere of Courchevel and its numerous boutiques, bars, and restaurants, White 1921 opens you to a unique hospitality experience, steeped in mountain flair.
The 25 contemporary rooms were executed with practicality in mind, with a stunning entertainment system adding a touch of first-class extravagance.
A delicious gourmet breakfast is served each morning, before the attentive staff carefully prepare your gear as well as little treats to equip you for a day on the slopes.
A soothing retreat is provided in the form on a sauna, hamman, and optimum wellness experience, while the cosy Petit Salon is the perfect spot for an afternoon interlude with family and friends.
- To book, check prices or availability for White 1921
11. Six Senses Residences & Spa Courchevel – traditional yet modern wood-panelled alpine ski resort with a unique modern flair and excellent spa facilities
Balancing traditional and contemporary, the fine-featured and furnishings of Six Senses Residences & Spa are sourced from top designers, and bring the wow factor to your eclectic ski vacation.
All 53 residences are meticulously appointed with alpine-inspired interiors, and benefit from the latest technology controlled via user-friendly interfaces.
The in-room décor has been individually designed with a sensitively curated palette of light materials, evoking a homely ambiance.
The on-site spa, soaked in the organic shapes of snow waves, uses biophilic principles to help you feel re-connected and re-energized. The hotel’s ethos is rooted in sustainability, with programs in place to conserve energy and banish single-use plastics.
- To book, check prices or availability for Six Senses Residences & Spa
12. Mamie Courch’ – a cute and trendy ski hotel with a laid-back atmosphere
Retro charm meets chic splendour at this stunning ski-in, ski-out home. Memories of yesteryear are combined with today’s charm in the rooms and suites, which are equipped with HDTVs providing international channels, beautifully contrasting the traditional décor and small comforts on offer.
Designed with affection for the discerning traveller, Mamie is a true gem of Courchevel, and boasts an exquisite restaurant with a delicious mix of local products and French specialties for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Courchevel’s coolest terrace, Transat & Parapluie, evokes Mamie’s appreciation for the great outdoors, offering hand-crafted cocktails and traditional mulled wine under the beating sun.
- To book, check prices or availability for Mamie
We also have posts on…
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Val d’Isere
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Zermatt
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Vienna
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Munich
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Paris
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Nice
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Brussels
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Meribel
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Tignes
- Cool and Unusual hotels in St Moritz
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Breuil-Cervinia
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Mayrhofen
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Ischgl
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Chamonix
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Val Thorens
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website https://garynunn.co.uk/