1. The Dalmar, Fort Lauderdale, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel – a chic, instagrammable and hip retreat featuring a rooftop bar overlooking the coastline
Housed in a 25-story building, The Dalmar boasts breathtaking views whether your room faces the ocean or Fort Lauderdale’s downtown.
It’s worth getting all the way up to the rooftop to chill at the 100-foot saline infinity pool or get a drink at a bar. From the lobby to restaurants, the hotel carries mid-century vibes reinforced with quirky detailing and vibrant accents.
The same goes for the rooms – you won’t be able to take your eyes off original retro-style artwork and designer linens.
Thanks to its awesome amenities, you don’t have to leave the grounds to enjoy yourself, but if you wish to do so, the hotel’s beneficial location next to Las Olas Boulevard provides easy access to every kind of entertainment and experience your heart desires.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Dalmar, Fort Lauderdale, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
2. Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood – a contemporary, unique and creative hotel filled with authentic memorabilia and character
Its iconic guitar shape isn’t the only thing that sets Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino apart from the rest. It is an experience-cantered place providing four dozen restaurants and bars, concert venues, nightclubs, malls, wellness centres, casinos, and everything you can possibly imagine.
The hotel draws inspiration from music, and everything from its building to leather-and-wood interior décor and even entertainment is resplendent with sounds and melodies.
One of the hotel’s shticks is free guitar lessons – just grab one of their complimentary instruments along with audio lessons and take one step towards becoming a rock star.
- To book, check prices or availability for Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Hollywood
3. Four Seasons Hotel and Residences Fort Lauderdale – a trendy, upscale and stylish hotel steps away from the beach
Four Seasons Hotel brings beach vacation to a whole new level. It is audacious and sumptuous at every corner, with suites and spacious guest rooms furnished with designer furniture, stylish accents, and with floor-to-ceiling windows.
The beach is a stone’s throw away but you don’t have to leave the building to dive into turquoise waters – a pool deck featuring an extensive lounge area and cabanas lend themselves to the chill of the lifetime.
When it’s time to wine and dine, you won’t suffer from the lack of options – a poolside and terrace restaurants, a cocktail lounge, and an ocean-view café are at your services. If it’s not enough, a fitness centre and spa treatments will take your vacation to its zenith.
- To book, check prices or availability for Four Seasons Hotel and Residences Fort Lauderdale
4. W Fort Lauderdale – an upscale, modern and trendy hotel perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
W Fort Lauderdale offers more than floor-to-ceiling windows, stylish furniture, and modern amenities. This place was designed for relaxing vacations in the lap of luxury.
Grab a cocktail at its rooftop pool, soak up the sun in plush lounge chairs, and admire a gorgeous Intracoastal panorama. Or pamper yourself in the state-of-the-art full-service spa centre.
Or hit the gym if you’d like to mix leisure with fitness. One of its restaurants can’t be overlooked either if you want to indulge in award-winning dining.
W Fort Lauderdale sits just across the street from Fort Lauderdale Beach so you won’t have a shortage of shopping, fine dining, recreational experiences, as well as all sorts of attractions.
- To book, check prices or availability for W Fort Lauderdale
5. Hyatt Centric Las Olas Fort Lauderdale – a quirky-chic, cool and pet friendly hotel in a great location to enjoy both city life or a boardwalk stroll
Located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, Hyatt Centric Las Olas is only a few steps away from the busy downtown and its never-ending array of top-notch restaurants, bars, nightclubs, malls, and attractions.
That being said, you might not want to leave Hyatt’s wondrous grounds because they provide everything you need for a grand vacation – an outdoor pool with a bar, a small speakeasy, gym, restaurant, lounge area, scenic walking paths, etc.
The hotel was built in 2020 so you can expect nothing but premium amenities such as huge windows letting in the sun and fresh ocean breeze, plush beds, modern furniture, designer toiletries, and much more for an enjoyable stay.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hyatt Centric Las Olas Fort Lauderdale
6. Hotel Maren Fort Lauderdale Beach, Curio Collection By Hilton – a resort-style, modern, boutique hotel where guests can enjoy a celebrity chef dining experience
Thanks to its proximity to Las Olas Beach, Hotel Maren Fort Lauderdale Beach is the right choice if you want to be in the centre of the action. Five-star restaurants, trendy shops, art galleries, and a truckload of entertainment – all of this and even more are only a few minutes from the property.
The hotel rooms, suites, and guest rooms meeting every taste and budget are complete with top-of-the-range amenities and fantabulous views.
To check out even more great things about this hotel, head to the fifth-floor pool deck and don’t forget to grab a drink or snack at Riviera, an onsite restaurant boasting one of the best chefs in town. As a cherry on top, the hotel has a yoga studio, fitness facilities, and bicycle rentals.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Maren Fort Lauderdale Beach, Curio Collection by Hilton
7. AC Hotel by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach – a fancy, bright and new hotel offers complimentary continental breakfast every morning
Staying true to its name, AC Hotel by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach sits only 100 meters from the Atlantic and provides fast access to Sebastian Street Beach, a cruise port, as well as a wide range of must-go places.
Once on the premises, waterfront views will pursue you every step of the way whether you go to the lounge area, pool deck, or 24-hour gym.
Courtesy of floor-to-ceiling windows and private balconies, picture-perfect vistas are the highlight of AC Hotel’s spacious guestrooms, and a wide range of superb amenities ensures that you enjoy yourself in a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.
- To book, check prices or availability for AC Hotel by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach
8. Plunge Beach Resort – a vibrant, cool and hip hotel offering an array of events ideal for Millennials and Gen Zs to enjoy
Thanks to its roots as a 1950s motel, Plunge Beach Resort lends a historical charm and nice retro touches here and there. At the same, a recent renovation brought the much-needed comfort and cool amenities including plush beds, 50-inch screen TVs, furnished balconies, and much more.
The highlights of cosy rooms spread across four separate buildings are graffiti wall art featuring beach motifs, chalkboards, and beach balls.
The hotel is located right on the Lauderdale-By-The-Sea beach so easy access to the sun, sand, waves, and myriads of marine activities is guaranteed. Plunge Beach Resort also has two outdoor pools and three onsite restaurants, so you can have the time of your life without leaving its premises.
- To book, check prices or availability for Plunge Beach Resort
9. Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina – a beautiful, yacht-inspired and sleek hotel featuring a 33-slip marina
Charismatic and sleek, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina pays homage to the yacht culture of south Florida. It even has its own onsite marina if you fancy an exciting boat trip.
Each of the 595 guest rooms and suites is exquisitely furnished and complemented with first-class amenities, and their private balconies and floor-to-ceiling windows will let you indulge in spectacular Intracoastal views or Fort Lauderdale skyline.
The hotel boasts a beautiful palm-framed pool where you can lounge around or sip a cocktail handcrafted in a poolside eatery.
Want to get to know what South Florida tastes like? Then head to the onsite tropical restaurant serving exquisite cuisine or take a water taxi to Las Olas Boulevard, the centre of Fort Lauderdale’s fine dining.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
10. Atlantic Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa – an elegant, lavish and tranquil hotel where guests can experience a rejuvenating stay
Designed with luxury in mind, this beachfront hotel invites you to dive into a relaxing and exciting atmosphere.
Large condo-sized suites featuring private balconies, top-of-the-range kitchens, marble bathrooms, and all mod cons feel just like home, and even better because this level of service and attention to detail is hard to beat.
Atlantic Hotel & Spa delivers a full-service spa for the long-awaited body and face treatment, an onsite oceanfront restaurant with an eclectic menu, an outdoor pool facing the Atlantic, as well as a sauna and hot tub to unwind after action-packed days.
There is much to see and to do just outside the hotel – Hugh Taylor Birch Park, The Galleria Mall, and the city centre are located within walking distance.
- To book, check prices or availability for Atlantic Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa
11. The Pillars Hotel & Club – a charming, elegant and fancy hotel perfect for a couples romantic getaway
If you’re looking for a romantic place to stay just minutes away from Fort Lauderdale’s main hotspots, The Pillars Hotel is your best bet. Situated on the Intracoastal Waterway, this boutique hotel is fabulous inside and out.
It is housed in a historic 1930 building offering 16 luxurious rooms with stunning views of the Intracoastal. Don’t think twice to splurge on a suite with a private poolside cabana, it is the most coveted option for couples.
The hotel’s amenities include a kidney-shaped pool, a technology-packed library, two restaurants serving seafood and traditional meals from locally sourced ingredients, a full-service spa, and even a private water bus stop.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Pillars Hotel & Club
12. B Ocean Resort – a chic and contemporary hotel that has been a favourite stay for American icons
Originally built in 1956, it reopened in 2017 after an extensive revamp although it got to keep its distinguishing feature, a ship-shaped façade. Ship motifs persist throughout the hotel courtesy of original wall art.
By the way, you can purchase any of the marine-inspired artwork of your liking and a portion of the cost will go to the Fort Lauderdale sea turtle conservation.
The hotel takes pride in its entertainment options ranging from family-friendly mermaid performances to burlesque shows. You should also visit one of its onsite restaurants: the ocean-themed Wreck Bar, Naked Crab serving a creative fusion of seafood and traditional cuisine, and poolside Salty Sired.
- To book, check prices or availability for B Ocean Resort
13. The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale – a stylish, tranquil, design hotel providing breath taking views and an on-site spa
Heavily inspired by sailing culture, the style of the prohibition era, and the glamour of the 1950s, The Ritz-Carlton Fort Lauderdale is more than a hotel.
It is, in fact, a welcoming luxury retreat that prides itself on unique spa treatments making the best of local products and beauty rituals. After you take care of your body, feel free to hit an elevated oceanfront pool to ease your mind.
There, you will find an infinity pool, stylish cabanas, and some of the best poolside services around. Finish the day at the Burlock Coast, an onsite restaurant steeped in history and serving locally sourced seafood.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
14. Alani Bay Luxury Condos – a modern, deluxe accommodation well equipped for a comfortable and fun vacation
Equal parts cosy and stylish, Alani Bay aparthotel sits next to The Galleria shopping centre and is just a 20-minutes walk from Fort Lauderdale Beach.
Each room is elegance itself filled with natural light and generously decked out.
Embellishment that makes an accent on natural materials is a true feast for the eye, and a fully equipped kitchen with a spacious dining area, as well as comfortable beds and sofas cement the hotel’s status of a home away from home.
Guests can also take advantage of a picnic area and free parking lot.
- To book, check prices or availability for Alani Bay Luxury Condos
15. Soleado Hotel – a newly-renovated, bright, boutique accommodation ideal for those looking to have a peaceful stay
Look no further than Soleado Hotel if you wish for a quiet place next to the bustling downtown of Fort Lauderdale. It is well-priced, too! Soleado is an aparthotel located a short walk from Fort Lauderdale Beach and Las Olas Beach, where restaurants, cafes, bars, and all that jazz is available in abundance.
If you’re tired of the hustle and bustle of the tourist hub, you’ll enjoy a quiet atmosphere at the pool and cosy light-filled Art Deco-styled rooms with eat-in kitchens.
Want to laze your day away at the beach? Soleado Hotel provides all beach holiday staples – towels, chairs, and umbrellas.
- To book, check prices or availability for Soleado Hotel
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Miami
- Cool boutique hotels in Orlando
- Cool boutique hotels in Tampa
- Cool boutique hotels in Virginia Beach
- Cool and Unusual hotels in St Augustine
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Jacksonville
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Key West
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Tallahassee
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Vero Beach
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Sanibel Island
- Cool boutique hotels in Savannah
- Cool boutique hotels in Myrtle Beach
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Key Largo
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Palm Beach/West Palm Beach
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Islamorada
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.