The Gold Coast, Queensland, is one of Australia’s best and most-loved vacation destinations. “Goldie” as it’s affectionately known filled with gorgeous long sandy beaches, slightly crazy theme parks, surfing, beautiful people, a great collection of bars and restaurants, lively nightclubs, laid-back neighbourhoods, and an intricate system of waterways.
Whether you are here for days or weeks, you can never get enough of Gold Coast’s over-the-top magnificence. To make your vacation extra special, seek out some of the region’s most unique places to stay. From quirky boutiques to modern, shiny high rises, here are the best cool and most unusual hotels on The Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia (in no particular order)…
1. QT Gold Coast – a hip, cool and trendy upscale designer hotel perfect for partying Millenials and Gen Zs
A modern, 5-star hotel overlooking the Coral Sea. Located within walking distance of Nerang River and Cypress Avenue tram station, QT Gold Coast is where grandeur meets comfort.
The boutique hotel in Surfers Paradise features well-appointed rooms with all basic and upscale amenities including flatscreens, free Wi-Fi, and private balconies offering ocean and river views. Suites come with separate living rooms and sofabeds.
There’s a classy bar, a marketplace restaurant with wood fire ovens, and a Japanese food eatery serving staples from Tokyo. The hotel also has an outdoor pool, gymnasium, and hot tub.
Address: 7 Staghorn Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for QT Gold Coast
2. Tessa’s on the Beach – this cute and funky beachfront hotel you will find on the Gold Coast
Located a mile from the Gold Coast Airport, Tessa’s on the Beach is an offbeat hotel offering upscale accommodation with a wide range of in-room and on-site amenities.
Every room comes with air-conditioning, an en suite bathroom, and a flatscreen. Upgraded rooms come with a patio offering ocean views. All rooms are decorated with a tropical flavor and have a ‘Palm Springs’ style. The beachfront hotel also has a year-round outdoor pool that welcomes swimmers of all ages.
Address: 281 Golden Four Dr, Bilinga QLD 4225, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for Tessa’s on the Beach
3. Meriton Suites Broadbeach – a lavish upscale apartment-style accommodation that offers fabulous views
An all-suite hotel located less than a mile from Gold Coast. The ground floor features studio suites that come with tiled floors, balconies, and well-equipped kitchenettes.
One-bedroom suites come with private patios offering views of the Pacific Ocean. Two-bedroom suites feature two full bathrooms, private balcony, full kitchen, separate living and dining area, and laundry. On-site amenities include a fitness center, spa, and outdoor and indoor pools.
Address: 2669 Gold Coast Hwy, Broadbeach QLD 4218, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for Meriton Suites Broadbeach
4. The Pink Hotel Coolangatta – a funky-retro place to stay that features quirky chic mid-century interior
A cool, retro hotel on Griffith Street just outside Gold Coast. The Pink Hotel features many different types of accommodations, namely The Artist Suite, Superior King Suite, King Room, Superior King Room, Extended King Room, and Medusa Balcony King Room.
A stocked mini-bar, free WiFi, king-sized beds, and air-conditioners are available in all rooms. They also offer in-room dining service and daily housekeeping. There’s a rooftop cocktail bar that offers spectacular views of the beach.
Address: 171 Griffith St, Coolangatta QLD 4225, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for The Pink Hotel Coolangatta
5. Vibe Hotel Gold Coast – a cool and modern hotel that offers breathtaking ocean views
A funky hotel located in the heart of Surfers Paradise. The 4-star hotel overlooks the Nerang River and is 3 blocks from the beach. Whether you want to have a room with an ocean view, river view, or no view at all, you have plenty of deluxe options to choose from.
The largest suite at Vibe Hotel has two interconnecting rooms and can sleep up to five people. Basic amenities like flatscreens, free Wi-fi, iPod docks, minibars, and coffeemakers are available in all rooms. Upgraded rooms and suites have full kitchens and separate sofa beds.
Vibe Hotel also features a hip poolside cafe, cocktail lounge, meeting space, gym, and an outdoor pool with a hot tub.
Address: 42 Ferny Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for Vibe Hotel Gold Coast
6. Palazzo Versace – an exclusive palace that blends a bespoke Italian design and an impressive architecture
A luxurious hotel designed in collaboration with Gianni Versace fashion house. Palazzo Versace offers opulent accommodation with home-like comfort and 5-star amenities including marble bathrooms, floor-to-ceiling windows, bespoke furnishings, flatscreens, and minibars.
Stately suites at Palazzo Versace make your stay even more luxurious with separate dining areas, private patios, and plunge pools. The palatial exterior of the hotel is what makes it cool and unique.
Address: 94 Seaworld Dr, Main Beach QLD 4217, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for Palazzo Versace
7. Dorsett Gold Coast – a unique hotel that is travel sustainable, close to great attractions
Set in a sleek tower less than a mile from Kurrawa Beach, Dorsett offers luxe accommodation with tons of upscale amenities. Studio rooms at Dorsett have minibars, free Wi-Fi, coffeemakers, and en suite bathrooms with premium-quality toiletries and rain showers. Suites come with private balconies offering exquisite views of the city.
An infinity pool, classy restaurant, luxe spa, outdoor bar, and laid-back lobby make the hotel worth staying at.
Address: 1 Casino Dr, Broadbeach QLD 4218, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for Dorsett Gold Coast
8. The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast – a sleek 5-star hotel based in the heart of Broadbeach
A 5-star hotel connected to the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Center by a paved walkway. Located within walking distance of Surfers Paradise, The Star Grand is where travelers come to seek the ultimate comfort.
The casino hotel features different types of rooms and suites, some of which come with whirlpool tubs and private balconies offering coastal and hinterland views. On-site amenities at The Star Grand include an outdoor pool, day spa, casino, sundeck with cabanas, hair salon, theater, fitness center, five bars, and six restaurants.
Address: 8 Casino Dr, Broadbeach QLD 4218, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast
9. The Wave Resort – a beautiful resort that offers an amazing infinity swimming pool and a rooftop spa
A ritzy, beachfront hotel featuring well-appointed one to three-bedroom suites with high-end amenities like a full kitchen, balconies with sea views, and floor-to-ceiling windows.
Located less than a mile from the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Center in Broadbeach, The Wave offers a first-class boutique hotel experience. A swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, heated infinity pool, and steam room make your stay even more luxurious.
Address: 89-91 Surf Parade, Broadbeach QLD 4218, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for The Wave Resort
10. The Darling at The Star Gold Coast – a city view hotel that is nearby many points of interest
An elegant, all-suite hotel featuring 56 beautifully decorated rooms with a wide range of amenities including flatscreens, coffee makers, furnished balconies, and separate living rooms. Some units come with fully functional kitchens.
If you are looking for a perfect combination of opulence and boutique design on the Gold Coast, no other hotel can outperform The Darling. The multi-award-winning hotel also features a stylish restaurant, rooftop pool, terrace for sun loungers, casino, and spa.
Address: 1 Darling Ave, Broadbeach QLD 4218, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for The Darling at The Star Gold Coast
11. Peppers Broadbeach – a chic and modern aparthotel with a great variety of facilities, perfect for longer stays
Set in high-rise towers less than a mile from Surfers Paradise, Peppers Broadbeach is the most recent breed of Gold Coast resorts.
The cutting-edge suites and sky homes at Peppers Broadbeach provide you the most luxurious accommodation in the city. The sculpted towers reflect the fluidity of the Pacific Ocean.
If you are looking for a perfect blend of luxury and minimalism, Peppers Broadbeach is where you should stay. The one, two and three-bedroom suites at Peppers have all the basic amenities to fulfil your needs. There is an outdoor pool, spa with sauna and steam room, private cinema, gym, and two eateries.
Address: 21 Elizabeth Ave, Broadbeach QLD 4218, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for Peppers Broadbeach
12. InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, an IHG Hotel – an unusually-cool resort that provides world-class service
A deluxe resort featuring a refined eatery with a wood-fired grill, a casual bistro with a whiskey bar, a buffet restaurant serving international fare, a marina, a beach lagoon pool, and a golf course.
Located a mile from the Dreamworld amusement park and the Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast water park, InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort has a splendid architecture of a Queensland estate. The hotel is tucked within the exquisite surroundings of Sanctuary Cove which makes it perfect for beach weddings.
Rooms and suites at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort come with a range of amenities including flatscreens, balconies, free Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, and complimentary toiletries. Upgraded units add living rooms and sleigh beds.
Address: Sanctuary Cove, Manor Cir, Hope Island QLD 4212, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, an IHG Hotel
13. voco Gold Coast, an IHG – one of the most Instagrammable hotels on the Gold Coast
A sleek, 4-star hotel featuring stylish rooms and suites with upscale amenities like minibars, en suite bathrooms with rainfall showers, coffeemakers, sitting areas, private terraces, and sofabeds.
The chic hotel also has two restaurants, a cafe, tea lounge, salon, hot tub, meeting space, a cocktail lounge, gym, spa, and two outdoor pools. Surfers Paradise Beach and SkyPoint Observation Deck are easily accessible from the hotel.
Address: 31 Hamilton Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for voco Gold Coast, an IHG
14. Ruby Gold Coast – one of the most stunning aparthotel in Australia where guests can enjoy panoramically sea views
A fancy hotel with easy access to Surfers Paradise Beach, Ruby Gold Coast has set a new standard for luxurious accommodation. The 4-star hotel combines sophistication with modern-day comfort to make your stay memorable.
The suites at Ruby Gold Coast offer a variety of high-end amenities including laundry, kitchenettes, living areas, private balconies, and kid-themed rooms with bunk beds.
Ruby Gold Coast also has an informal eatery, cocktail lounge, cafe, gym, kids’ club, outdoor pool, convenience stores, and e-charging stations.
Address: 9 Norfolk Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for Ruby Gold Coast
15. Mercure Gold Coast Resort – the perfect resort embraced amongst serene surroundings, ideal for a romantic stay
Located amidst a beautiful green belt of golf courses, Mercure Gold Coast Resort is a relaxed hotel where travelers come to unwind and explore the city. The hotel is four miles from Surfers Paradise Beach and provides easy access to shopping, restaurants, and cafes.
Rooms at Mercure Gold Coast Resort have all basic amenities, such as flatscreen TVs, Wi-Fi, coffeemakers, and air conditioning. You can go for pricier accommodation to enjoy upscale amenities like whirlpool baths.
Awaiting just outside your room is a fitness center, sauna, hot tub, poolside cocktail lounge, restaurant, bar, and two outdoor pools.
Address: 64 Palm Meadows Dr, Carrara QLD 4211, Australia
- To book, check prices or availability for Mercure Gold Coast Resort
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Byron Bay
- Cool boutique hotels in Sydney
- Cool boutique hotels in Melbourne
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Perth
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Brisbane
- Cool and Unusual hotel in Adelaide
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Queenstown
- Cool boutique hotels in Wellington
- Cool boutique hotels in Bangkok
- Cool boutique hotels in Tokyo
- Cool boutique hotels in Maui
- Cool boutique hotels on Big Island
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Noosa
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Cairns
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Darwin
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Hobart
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Port Douglas
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.