Perched on the southeast coast of England, Hastings is a charming resort town packed with traditional seaside fun, eclectic art, narrow cobbled streets and independent store shopping. Whether you’re an art enthusiast, a gastronome, or a history buff, you’ll be spoiled for choice while planning your itinerary.
Learn appalling real-life crime stories at The True Crime Museum. Browse through vintage treasures, including handmade costume jewellery, at Teddy Tinker’s. Explore well-preserved historic buildings in the Old Town of Hastings and dine out at many of the excellent restaurants.
With a jam-packed itinerary like this, you’ll need a comfortable place to retire to at the end of your day. From quirky Victorian B&Bs to trendy beachfront hotels, here are the top cool and unusual hotels in Hastings, England (in no particular order)…
1. The Old Rectory – a unique quirky-chic boutique hotel set in the historic Old Town on the South Coast
This bed-and-breakfast in a charming 18th-century building is where you can enjoy a vintage vibe while luxuriating in all modern conveniences. The stately B&B sits roughly a mile from Hastings Pier with Jerwood Gallery reachable within a 6-minute walk.
Each of the eight uniquely designed rooms at The Old Rectory features traditional decor with period-style furnishings and original details, such as fireplaces and crown molding. In addition to basic amenities like cable TVs and Wi-Fi, guest rooms also offer premium linens and free-standing tubs in bathrooms.
While I found all available amenities useful, I loved fetching myself delicious cocktails from the self-service bar. I spent a great deal of time relaxing by the pond in the onsite garden.
Address: The Old Rectory, 2 Harold Rd, Hastings TN35 5ND, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for The Old Rectory
2. The Laindons – a quirky and pretty gem of a place housed in Georgian property with eclectic and unique decor
In the heart of Hastings Old Town lies this high-class B&B in a Gregorian property with Hastings Castle reachable within a 5-minute walk.
Nautical-inspired furnishings, recycled timber beds, and modern accents adorn the airy rooms at The Laindons. All rooms come outfitted with smart TVs, coffee makers, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
The Laindons also features many onsite amenities, including a grand dining room where a complimentary a la carte breakfast is served, an adjoining conservatory, a polished lounge, and a self-service pantry.
Address: 23 High St, Hastings TN34 3EY, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for The Laindons
3. Number 46 – a cute and petite guesthouse that is close to top attractions such as the Battle Abbey and the Camber Castle
Located in Cambridge Gardens about six miles from Battle Abbey, Number 46 opened its doors to guests back in 2007 and has since built a loyal customer base. It is housed in a four-story Victorian townhouse with an equally impressive interior.
Each of the five individually designed rooms at this cosy B&B includes premium bedding, coffee machines, en suite bathrooms with free toiletries, spacious closets, flat-panel TVs, and wireless Internet.
Address: 46 Cambridge Gardens, Hastings TN34 1EN, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for Number 46
4. Hastings House – a contemporary mixed with vintage, upscale seaside guesthouse housed in a charming Regency townhouse
Mixing old-world charm with present-day amenities, Hastings House is a gorgeous seaside B&B set in a whitewashed townhouse dating from the 19th century. I stayed here because of its proximity to the wonderful exhibits housed in Hastings Museum and Art Gallery.
Tastefully decorated rooms at this historic B&B come with flat-panel TVs, DVD players, tea and coffee-making equipment, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Guests staying at Hastings House can enjoy made-to-order breakfast in-room. There’s also an onsite bar with a diverse selection of Sweden liquors.
Address: 9 Warrior Square,, Hastings, TN37 6BA, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for Hastings House
5. Black Rock House – a traditional, high-end boutique guesthouse that offers stunning views of the Hasting beach set in a redbrick building
Immerse yourself in Victorian energy at this stunning B&B in a redbrick building on Stanley Road with Hastings train station accessible within an 8-minute walk.
You’ll get a bit of both traditional and modern vibes here. The elegantly designed rooms feature contemporary furnishings with period details.
Each of the four spacious rooms at Black Rock House comes with a rainfall shower head in the bathroom, Egyptian cotton linens, a flat-panel TV with a DVD player, a coffee maker, and a mini-fridge. Standard rooms can sleep up to two guests, while the two-bedroom suite has a capacity for four.
There’s a refined dining room where gourmet breakfast is served for free. When I didn’t feel like going out, I would just grab myself a drink from the self-service bar and relax in the hotel’s chic lounge.
Address: 10 Stanley Rd, Hastings TN34 1UE, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for Black Rock House
6. 15 Grosvenor – a cosy and stylish beachfront boutique B&B that provides a homely vibe for all guests
Yet another historic B&B with premium amenities, 15 Grosvenor offers a perfect blend of homeliness and grandeur.
Each of the five unique accommodation options here includes a private bathroom, a flat-screen TV, sea or garden views, and a minibar. Upgraded rooms come with futon beds and fireplaces.
With Hastings’s four most popular castles located within a 20-minute drive from the hotel, history buffs won’t find a better place to stay.
Address: 15 Grosvenor Crescent St Leonards-on-Sea, Hastings, TN38 0AA, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for 15 Grosvenor
7. St Benedict – Victorian Bed and Breakfast – a 19th-century 4-story villa that features a Victorian theme interior, located St Leonards-On-Sea
Standing on Pevensey Road a short walk from the seafront, St Benedict invites vacationers to an exceptional boutique stay with luxuries galore.
Period-style, antiques-laden rooms at this Victorian B&B boast original elements, such as ornate fireplaces. En-suite bathrooms with claw-foot baths are featured in all guest rooms.
The chandelier-lit dining room downstairs is where you’ll enjoy a full English breakfast buffet and evening meals. Communal areas include a garden with a summerhouse and a pond and a sumptuous drawing room with a piano and an open fire.
Address: 81 Pevensey Rd, Saint Leonards-on-sea TN38 0LR, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for St Benedict – Victorian Bed and Breakfast
8. Vive Hotel – a cool, modern and bright aparthotel ideal for Millennials and Gen Zs
Just steps from Hastings Beach sits this down-to-earth hotel with well-appointed studios and a broad array of amenities.
Hardwood floors, ceiling lamps, and wall hangings give a refined look to the rooms. From private kitchenettes to flat-panel TVs and plush bedding, guests are offered all modern comforts here.
If you don’t feel like whipping up something in your kitchenette, you can try any of the amazing restaurants and cafes within walking distance of Vive Hotel.
Address: Havelock Rd, Hastings TN34 1BE, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for Vive Hotel
9. The Bank Hotel & Bistro – an intimate and informal hotel housed in a former bank on Hastings’ stunning seafront
An unparalleled seaside lodging experience awaits you at this polished beachfront hotel in Hastings. It is located on Grand Parade amid some of the city’s best dining options.
Accommodation options range from standard double rooms to family rooms with sea views. All guest rooms include flat-panel TVs, en suite bathrooms, and seating areas, while upgraded quarters also have sofa beds.
Guests are served continental breakfast with Irish/Full English or vegetarian options.
Address: 28-29 Grand Parade, Saint Leonards-on-sea TN37 6DR, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for The Bank Hotel & Bistro
10. Anne’s House – a lavish and exceptionally beautiful Victorian B&B that offers the perfect vibe for a romantic stay
Set in a gorgeously restored Victorian home on Linton Road, Anne’s House combines historic charm with modern comforts.
Due to its proximity to Hastings Old Town and St. Leonards, this beautiful B&B is a perfect base from which you can explore the city’s cultural heritage attractions.
Traditional rooms feature flat-screen TVs, fireplaces, seating areas, and city views. Communal areas include a garden with sea views and a sun terrace.
Address: 9 Linton Rd, Hastings TN34 1TN, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for Anne’s House
We also have posts on…
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in London
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Brighton
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Bournemouth
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Cornwall
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Devon
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Newquay
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Bath
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.