Ho Chi Minh City, also known as Saigon, is southern Vietnam’s most dynamic and culturally rich metropolis.
Bustling markets, tantalizing street food, and hipster cafés epitomize the city’s colourful energy, while many museums, monuments, and landmarks preserve its illustrious legacies.
Whether you’re seeking a glimpse into the future or a connection with the past, Ho Chi Minh’s hotels promise to captivate, inspire, and invigorate the senses.
From quaint riverside boutiques to luxury skyscraper properties, here are my favourite cool and unusual hotels in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (in no particular order)…
1. Vinpearl Landmark 81, Autograph Collection – a lavish, trendy and Insta-worthy hotel featuring an array of entertainment facilities, perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Vinpearl is one of Vietnam’s most dazzling skyscraper properties, and offers a sensory, immersive experience in the heart of Ho Chi Minh.
This enthralling complex houses a shopping mall, an ice skating rink, a cinema, a children’s play centre, and many eclectic restaurants. Directly next to the soaring infinity pool, you can unwind at the vibrant bar area as you soak up the scintillating views of the Saigon River.
I thought the Oriental Pearl Restaurant, located on the 66th floor, was nothing short of extraordinary. Not only were the fusion Vietnamese dishes immaculately prepared, but the atmosphere was electric.
- To book, check prices and availability for Vinpearl Landmark 81, Autograph Collection
2. Pullman Saigon Centre – a modern, upscale and 5-star hotel in a location perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
With the famous Ben Thanh market on your doorstep, The Pullman beckons tourists to a signature hospitality experience bringing together comfort, extravagance, and vibrancy.
Elegance is perpetuated through the smooth interiors, which are beautified by luxury décor and plenty of natural light. Eateries here include an all-day dining restaurant, a pop-up burger bar, and my personal favourite, the Mad Cow Wine & Grill restaurant where you can relish panoramic views of the pulsating cityscape.
Each room has signature Pullman beds, 40-inch flat-screen LED TVs, and lavish bathrooms with walk-in rainfall showers. On the 31st floor, one of the city’s best sunset spots, an opulent evening of crafted cocktails awaits.
- To book, check prices and availability for Pullman Saigon Centre
3. Icon Saigon – LifeStyle Design Hotel – a unique, hip and stylish boutique hotel surrounded by several restaurants and bars
Setting the scene for a spectacular welcome to the city, Icon Saigon fuels the appetites of discerning travellers with its proximity to the great sights of the city.
Embodying the city’s unique energy and style, there’s a whole host of hidden chill-out areas, where intimacy and elegance are engrained into every detail.
I thought the rooftop bar was the perfect spot to revel in jaw-dropping city views, and the relaxing lobby lounge offers a vibrant atmosphere, especially during happy hour.
For dining, the on-site restaurant is a charismatic space where modern Western and Vietnamese cuisines meet scintillating panoramas come nighttime.
- To book, check prices and availability for Icon Saigon – LifeStyle Design Hotel
4. An Lam Retreats Saigon River – an upscale, unique and Instagrammable hotel perfect for a couple’s romantic getaway
Set beneath a shaded tropical canopy, this blissful riverside retreat is a spectacular break from the urban jungle, and promotes a deep connection with nature.
Privacy, serenity, and exclusivity combine in perfect harmony here, catering to couples, families, and friends alike. Spread across a luxuriant garden are the 35 spacious villas and suites, all contemporary in design yet reflecting the essence of local heritage.
Aromatic flowers and a tranquil river backdrop form a picture-perfect setting in the gardens, offering the most idyllic spot to embrace a sense of togetherness.
Whether dining in the Sen Restaurant before sweeping river views, treating myself to champagne and canapés in Veranda Sông, or simply relaxing by the tree-lined pool, all of my evenings here were majestic.
- To book, check prices and availability for An Lam Retreats Saigon River
5. M Hotel Saigon – a stylish, sleek and urban hotel moments away from the Vincom Shopping Center and Ben Thanh Market
Here we have one of my favourite downtown Saigon hotels, where comfort, style, and sophistication reign supreme.
Blissfully secluded from the bustling streets yet offering instant access to the main attractions, this urban oasis is a place where a sense of wonder and imagination awaits.
All of the elegantly designed rooms boast spectacular views, and the culinary experiences are crafted with care. Authentic Vietnamese traditions are interwoven into the hotel’s interior aesthetics, which brim with sleek elegance.
The rooms are draped in luxurious textiles and smooth lines, and the outdoor terrace area beckons guests to a moment of pure serenity.
- To book, check prices and availability for M Hotel Saigon
6. Fusion Suites Saigon – a sleek, contemporary and bright hotel located in the heart of the city
Nestled in the heart of District 1, Fusion Suites is a down-to-earth all-suite hotel setting out to bring peace and harmony to the modern urban traveller.
From the unique breakfast concept which you can savour anywhere, to the daily spa treatments on offer, the property offers the perfect respite from the city bustle. A few steps however lands you directly within Saigon’s oldest parks and the famous Ben Thanh Market.
I thought the on-site restaurant Fresh was the perfect spot to revel in refinement and casual charm, accompanied by a clean-living menu of Vietnamese specialities and international favourites, bursting with market-fresh ingredients.
- To book, check prices and availability for Fusion Suites Saigon
7. Zazz Urban Ho Chi Minh – a hip, vibrant and eco-friendly hotel providing guests with an outdoor pool and fitness center
Staying at Zazz Urban allowed me to experience Ho Chi Minh from a totally new dimension. The eco-friendly concept paves the way for comfort and class to reign supreme in an authentic ‘back-to-basics’ style.
This certainly does not compromise on elegance, with every detail crafted with care and every hang-out space both visually pleasing and blissfully intimate.
Designed to delight both business and leisure travellers, the hotel’s personality evokes a sense of freedom and independence, with many tech-forward features that provide both convenience and sophistication.
The on-site eatery is a bright, open-plan space backed by a wall of plants, where you can meet like-minded travellers as you tuck into delicious Vietnamese and Western dishes.
- To book, check prices and availability for Zazz Urban Ho Chi Minh
8. The Myst Dong Khoi – a contemporary, traditional and rustic hotel where guests can enjoy breathtaking views overlooking the city
Cocooned in a sanctuary of calm, The Myst Dong Khoi welcomes you into a timeless space, where ylang ylang-scented air cools your skin and local smiles make you feel at home.
The stunning design and the hushed modern spaces harbour relics of Saigon’s illustrious past, sprinkled by a sense of cosiness through the stained-glass details, cherished local artefacts, and wrought iron roses.
My room was adorned by smooth wooden floors and clean lines, as well as many antique objets d’art like mythological paintings, teak carvings, and ceramic drums.
The on-site restaurant’s blend Saigon’s rich culinary traditions with a strong culture of innovation, resulting in expertly crafted, bespoke dishes.
- To book, check prices and availability for The Myst Dong Khoi
9. Silverland Sakyo Hotel – a vibrant, lavish and traditional hotel ideal for a rejuvenating stay
Inspired by the philosophy of simplicity, Silverland Sakyo is ready to soothe the senses with a gracious blend of Vietnam’s soulful panache and the serenity of Japanese culture.
I absolutely loved my room, where the modishness of Japanese design combined with indulgent home comforts and trendsetting amenities. From the wood and tile floors to the warm lighting and the distinctive touches, this was a true sanctuary of peace.
The sushi & hot pot restaurant awaits with impressive street views from a spacious Mezzanine, and a fine selection of fresh ingredients. Enclosed within a rich garden wall is the rooftop Jacuzzi, perched high above Saigon’s streets and dotted by luxurious loungers.
- To book, check prices and availability for Silverland Sakyo Hotel
10. Au Lac Legend Hotel – a cozy, rustic and classic hotel where guests can hire bicycles to tour across Ho Chi Minh
Named after Vietnam’s historical kingdom, Au Lac Legend Hotel is the perfect spot to immerse yourself in the country’s glorious past, while staying peacefully connected with the present.
A moody tone imbues many of the communal chill-out areas with a mysterious and elegant ambiance, which extends onto the wooden decked terrace. Up here, the most majestic sunset forms an iridescent backdrop to your evening relaxation sessions, as you pamper the senses in the quaint rooftop pool.
Inside, the atmosphere is kept alive by quirky décor that blurs the lines between tradition and modernity. This is especially evident in the restaurant, which offers a beautiful contrast between colourful stained-glass windows and opulent furniture.
- To book, check prices and availability for Au Lac Legend Hotel
11. Silverland Yen Hotel – an urban, tranquil and modern boutique hotel within walking distance of local popular attractions
Surrounded by over 100 years-old tamarind trees, Silverland Yen is a graceful urban boutique designed with simplicity and elegance at the core.
Stunning views frame the property, especially around the Rooftop Jacuzzi Pool. This charming outdoor spot is a welcoming space where rich wooden features, comfy furnishings, and extensive food & beverage options offer a sense of unrivalled detachment.
The most glorious flavours of Vietnamese, Asian, and European dishes come together at the ground floor Yen restaurant, which is especially buzzy at breakfast time. My favourite experience here came in the lobby, while savouring a sumptuous Afternoon Tea with my partner soundtracked by soothing lounge music.
- To book, check prices and availability for Silverland Yen Hotel
12. The Alcove Library Hotel – a peaceful, spacious and beautiful hotel where guests can experience unique stay
In keeping with its name, The Alcove Library Hotel offers a sanctuary of timeless style, where kicking back with a book in hand has never felt more majestic.
You will discover an idyllic space for a peaceful reprieve in the hotel’s many chill-out areas, which include the elegant rooftop restaurant. Up here, I kickstarted each day with a generous continental breakfast, before stepping out onto the surrounding maze-like streets and immersing myself in the city’s eclectic charm.
At The Alcove, smiles abound and comfort is prioritized, so whether you’re in town for a couple’s retreat or a business trip, you can rest assured that you’ll be met with charm, class, and tastefulness throughout your stay.
- To book, check prices and availability for The Alcove Library Hotel
13. Maison De Camille Boutique Hotel – a retro-chic, cool and quirky accommodation offering guests a continental or buffet breakfast each morning with Vietnamese coffee
Here we have a mid-century, design-led hotel where luxury meets retro and high-class meets high comfort. Staying at Maison De Camille was a getaway I will never forget, owing to the intricately crafted interior spaces which were beautified by lush plants and patterned tapestries.
Wall-sized windows afforded me peaceful moments gazing out across the city’s vibrant streets, which made the communal dining experiences ever more graceful. Each room comes with a private seating area, as well as the homely comforts of a TV, a desk, and a kettle.
My room boasted a private terrace, where I could embrace a tranquil morning in total seclusion whilst sipping my coffee.
- To book, check prices and availability for Maison De Camille Boutique Hotel
14. CALIFORNIA HOTEL SAIGON – a new, bright and contemporary accommodation ideally located for those who want to explore the around city
Here we have an oasis of tranquillity situated centrally within the electric cityscape of District 1, catering to those seeking to combine business with leisure.
With all the city’s famous landmarks on your doorstep, at California Hotel you can rest assured that all your needs will be taken care of, and you can focus on invigorating your inner adventurer.
As you return from an action-packed day out, the rooftop sundeck beckons you to replenish your soul in the Jacuzzi, which accompanies a quaint bar area.
I thoroughly enjoyed disconnecting in the on-site spa, where a serene sense of seclusion accompanies a whole host of ancient treatment rituals.
- To book, check prices and availability for CALIFORNIA HOTEL SAIGON
15. Adora Art Hotel – a creative, elegant and quirky accommodation steps away from the lively atmosphere and all that the city has to offer
Bringing the very best of Indochina’s contemporary artworks together, Adora is a hotel taken straight from the pages of a fairy tale.
Its stately appearance adds a dash of royalty to your stay, through charming, museum-worthy furnishings and elegant patterns.
This unique look is beautifully balanced by a traditional flair, with paper lanterns hanging from ceilings and oriental handmade pieces dotting the walls. My room was dressed in an eye-catching red and white style which oozed a boho-chic ambiance.
The in-room amenities are top-notch, and the luxurious outdoor spaces offer an unrivalled chance to connect with Saigon’s urban exuberance.
- To book, check prices and availability for Adora Art Hotel
16. Thao Dien Boutique Hotel – a beautiful, relaxing and petite accommodation situated along the banks of the Saigon River
Nature and urban vibrancy coexist in perfect harmony at Thao Dien, a graceful boutique hotel set in the upbeat District 2.
As I passed through the palm-lined entrance for the first time, I was immediately put at ease by the soul-soothing décor and the amiable staff presence.
Not only does each room come with high-end, trendsetting amenities, but they all offer a unique chance to switch off from the city bustle through plush furnishings, elegant décor, and cosy seating areas.
A stand-out feature at Thao Dien is its abundance of outdoor space, inviting guests to eat and drink surrounded by luxuriant greenery.
- To book, check prices and availability for Thao Dien Boutique Hotel
17. Classy Indochine – The Riverside – a funky, cool and themed accommodation in close proximity to famous attractions
Vitality and sophistication reverberate through this stylish property, where modern resplendence and mid-century sumptuousness greet you at every corner.
The hotel is clad head to toe in refined artistry, with crafted pieces adorning the walls and plenty of greenery sprinkled across the interiors. I thought the exclusive, plant-lined rooftop chill-out area was one of Saigon’s best, and I spent many hours up here gazing across the city’s gleaming rooftops with a beverage in hand.
On-site you will also find many cosy internal nooks, while a step outside the property will land you within a plethora of eclectic eateries, artisan cafés, and hip-trendy shops.
- To book, check prices and availability for Classy Indochine – The Riverside
18. Lá Hotel – a spacious, colorful and funky accommodation with a location nearby to many cafes and local eateries
Here we have one of Saigon’s most impressive inner-city hotels. Staying at Lá Hotel is guaranteed to bring an up-beat vigour to your city break. The essence of nature meets a quirky cosmopolitan energy here, and the addition of boutique furnishings enhances the extravagance of the colourful interior aesthetics.
Each room is accompanied by a charming terrace overlooking the bustling cityscape, and the fusion of graceful wooden chairs & tables with plenty of potted plants sets a tranquil tone. Throughout the property, every visual frame is filled with vibrant pops of colour, and the amenities resemble those of a five-star resort.
- To book, check prices and availability for Lá Hotel
19. Kha Thy Hotel 2 – a townhouse-style, petite and elegant accommodation well known for being conveniently situated
You will certainly discover your inner urban explorer at Kha Thy Hotel 2. Mystery and opulence loom large at this immaculately crafted abode, set in a prime location in District 2.
The traditional townhouse-style architecture looks unassuming from the outside, but prepare to be greeted by understated elegance and sophistication inside.
From the unique beds which come with wrap-around mosquito nets to the quirky wall art, Kha Thy maintains an imaginative vigour throughout the property.
I thought the staff service was top-notch, with the front desk helping me arrange my journey to Mui Ne without me having to lift a finger.
- To book, check prices and availability for Kha Thy Hotel 2
We also have posts on…
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Hanoi
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Bangkok
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Chiang Mai
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Phuket
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Koh Samui
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Singapore
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Bali
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Siem Reap
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website https://garynunn.co.uk/