Hot Springs is best known for the Hot Springs National Park, with soothing waters that have been believed to have healing properties. It’s a popular spa town, but with extras like roller coasters, art and music, festivals, wildlife, and some quirky customs.
If you’re lucky, your visit may coincide with the Running of Tubs (which takes place every spring), when teams push outrageously decorated bathtubs on wheels down Bathhouse Row with its historic buildings.
You can also dig for crystals and diamonds in Crater of Diamonds State Park, enjoy the serene beauty of the Garvan Woodland Gardens and go hiking in Ouachita National Forest. You’ll have a choice of places to stay, from luxury spa resorts to treehouses. Check out some of the best cool and unusual hotels in Hot Springs, Arkansas (in no particular order)…
1. The Waters Hot Springs, Tapestry Collection by Hilton – a stylish, upscale, trendy hotel perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs to explore what Hot Springs has to offer
Set in an impressive neoclassical building in the historical district of Hot Springs, The Waters is an elegant, modern and trendy hotel situated across the street from the Fordyce Bathhouse Museum and Hot Springs National Park. It’s a 5-minute drive from Hot Springs Golf & Country Club.
With a mid-century modern ambience, the well-organized rooms at The Waters have separate sitting areas, flatscreen TVs, minifridges, and Keurig coffee makers.
Some rooms feature exposed-brick walls and city views. There’s a top-end on-site eatery dishing up authentic Southern grub in a refined setting. A convenience store, a lounge, and a 24/7 gym are also available.
Address: 340 Central Ave, Hot Springs, AR 71901, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Waters Hot Springs, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
2. Hotel Hale – a modern, mid-century style, unique hotel where guests can enjoy some outdoor activities
A stylish hotel set in a Classical Revival-style former bathhouse. Located on a serene street lined by copses, Hotel Hale is within walking distance of Hot Springs National Park Visitor Center. The high-end hotel boasts sophisticated rooms with exposed-brick walls and contemporary furnishings.
Each room has an en suite bathroom with a tub supplied by geothermal waters. Some rooms feature arched windows and/or balconies.
Upgraded rooms come with minifridges, while suites offer separate sitting areas. There’s an elegant on-site eatery dishing out unique dishes native to Arkansas.
Address: 341 Central Ave, Hot Springs, AR 71901, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Hale
3. The Hotel Hot Springs – a newly renovated and contemporary hotel located in the heart of Downtown Hot Springs
A hidden hotel located next to the Bank of the Ozarks Arena and Hot Springs Convention Center. The 2-star hotel is a few minutes walk from the Hot Springs National Park and the historic spas of Bathhouse Row.
Polished rooms at The Hotel Hot Springs come with a broad range of high-end amenities, including coffeemakers, minifridges, and flatscreen TVs among others.
Suites come with advanced amenities like living rooms with sofas and separate dining areas. Kitchenettes are available in upgraded suites.
A laid-back grill restaurant, a sports bar, a lobby bar, and a meeting space are also available.
Address: 305 Malvern Ave, Hot Springs, AR 71901, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Hotel Hot Springs
4. Lookout Point Lakeside Inn – an elegant, upscale, boutique hotel overlooking Lake Hamilton
Nestled amidst landscaped gardens, Lookout Point Lakeside Inn is a cool and charming hotel overlooking Lake Hamilton. The 4-star hotel is a 10-minute drive from Hot Springs National Park.
Each room at Lookout Point Lakeside Inn offers ravishing views of the lake and has all basic amenities including free Wi-Fi and a flatscreen TV. Whirlpool tubs and private patios are available in most rooms.
Many rooms also add fireplaces. Suites come with microwaves and minifridges, while apartments add kitchenettes and decks overlooking the lake.
Address: 104 Lookout Cir, Hot Springs, AR 71913, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Lookout Point Lakeside Inn
5. The Reserve at Hot Springs – an elegant, modern and new boutique hotel surrounded by 4 acres of lavish gardens
Set in an early 20th-century Queen Anne-style stately home, The Reserve at Hot Springs is a luxe hotel featuring stylish rooms with vintage decor.
Each room at this rustic-chic hotel comes with a smart TV and free Wi-Fi. Some rooms add fireplaces, free-standing tubs, and/or poster beds.
There’s also a genteel, wood-paneled cottage with a well-equipped kitchenette, a loft bedroom, and a living area. Guests have access to a fancy dining room where a 3-course breakfast and complimentary afternoon snacks are served.
A landscaped garden with an exquisite waterfall at the entrance enhances the beauty of The Reserve at Hot Springs.
Address: 2330 Central Ave, Hot Springs, AR 71901, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Reserve at Hot Springs
6. Modern Retreat with Boat Slip on Lake Hamilton! – a trendy and upscale accommodation perfect for a family vacation or Millennials and Gen Zs getaway
An idyllic holiday home offering spectacular views of Lake Hamilton. The property has three bedrooms, a cozy living area with a fire pit, a full kitchen, a dining area with seating for six, an outdoor deck, and several multifunctional spaces.
The modern home is a few miles from Magic Springs Crystal Falls and Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport.
Address: Hot Springs, 71913, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Modern Retreat with Boat Slip on Lake Hamilton!
7. The Hamilton Lakefront – Studio Suites Hot Springs – a cool and contemporary accommodation well equipped for a comfortable stay
A sophisticated, timber-frame boutique style hotel, perching on the shores of Lake Hamilton just off Highway 70. The 2-star hotel is a 6-minute drive from downtown Hot Springs.
Guests are lodged in simple, traditional rooms with covered patios, free Wi-Fi, and cable TV.
Some rooms offer direct lake access, while some feature kitchenettes and lake views. Microwaves, coffeemakers, and minifridges are also available.
There’s also a fish-cleaning station and a waterside passion with a BBQ grill. Other amenities include docks for swimming.
Address: 1332 Airport Rd, Hot Springs, AR 71913, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Hamilton Lakefront – Studio Suites Hot Springs
8. Romantic Hot Springs A-Frame on Lake Hamilton – a chic, fun and charming accommodation steps away from the shore
A lakeside holiday home with two bedrooms, one bathroom, a fully functional kitchen, a great room, a spacious backyard, and a paved deck. The ivory-beige interior with modern, white furniture and pattern rugs make you feel at home.
There’s a gazebo and boat ramp in the backyard. The deck also features outdoor furniture, wood-burning fire pit, hibachi grill, and beach chairs. Other amenities include free Wi-Fi, laundry equipment, complimentary toiletries, and smart TV.
Address: Hot Springs, 71913-9722, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Romantic Hot Springs A-Frame on Lake Hamilton
9. Pet-Friendly Hot Springs Home – Bike to Town! – an instagrammable, cute and creative accommodation located near to the Magic Springs Crystal Falls
A vacation rental featuring four bedrooms, a well-equipped kitchen, a dining area with seating for four, a lanai with outdoor furniture, and a fenced garden.
The beautiful property is a 5-minute drive from Magic Springs Crystal Falls.
The pet-friendly property also offers facilities for disabled guests, on-site parking, free Wi-Fi, and complimentary toiletries.
Address: Hot Springs, 71901-2941, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Pet-Friendly Hot Springs Home – Bike to Town!
10. Fox Pass Cabins – a unique, quirky and rustic accommodation that offers a variety of spa services
A low-key B&B featuring three types of accommodations, namely Deluxe King Suite, Tipi Tent, and Caravan. The Deluxe King Suite is a pet-friendly, traditional-style cabin with free Wi-Fi, flatscreen TV, a spa bath, a private hot tub, and a seating area.
A wide range of spa services are available at the bread-and-breakfast, including full body massage, foot massage, back massage, couples massage, and hand massage among others.
If you are looking for a cozy retreat in Hot Springs with tons of things to do nearby, Fox Pass Cabins may be the perfect place for you.
Address: 1287 Fox Pass Cutoff, Hot Springs, AR 71901, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Fox Pass Cabins
11. Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa – a charming, historic and beautiful hotel ideal for a relaxing getaway
Located in Hot Springs National Park, Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa is the largest and most magnificent hotel in the city. From the palatial hotel lobby to the Venetian Dining Room to Crystal Ballroom, every space in the hotel has a royal ambience.
Rooms at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa feature traditional decor and have a warm ambience. Basic amenities like cable TV and free Wi-Fi are available in all rooms.
Some rooms add tubs and showers with piped-in mineral water. On-site amenities include an informal cafe, a classy restaurant with weekend entertainment, thermal baths, two outdoor pools, and a spa.
Address: 239 Central Ave, Hot Springs National Park, AR 71901, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
12. 1884 Wildwood Bed and Breakfast Inn – a historic, architectural, 5 star accommodation offering a complimentary American breakfast every morning
A chic B&B set in a historic mansion built in 1884. The historic hotel offers luxurious accommodation in seven distinctively-designed suites. Each room at 1884 Wildwood Bed and Breakfast Inn features stunning woodwork and Minton tiles from England.
The burnt sienna interior of the mansion is complemented by ornate carvings, sculpting, and paintings. From dark woods to antique lamps to heavy luxurious fabrics, everything about this inn is reminiscent of the Victorian era.
The cherry staircase whose rich tones are accentuated by two large stained glass windows is a woodworking gem.
In-room amenities at 1884 Wildwood Bed and Breakfast Inn include a flatscreen TV, fireplace in the living room, free toiletries, and wardrobe or closet.
Other amenities include a garden, a terrace with outdoor furniture, and a shared lounge where American breakfast is served every morning free of charge. 5
Address: 808 Park Ave, Hot Springs, AR 71901, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for 1884 Wildwood Bed and Breakfast Inn
We also have posts on…
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Tulsa
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Dallas
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Memphis
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Oklahoma City
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Kansas City
- Cool and Unique Hotels in St Louis
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Birmingham
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Houston
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Eureka Springs
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Charlottesville
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Little Rock AR
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website https://garynunn.co.uk/