This cool beachside gem located southeast of Los Angeles is known for its awesome surf beaches (its nickname is Surf City!), long pier, mild climate, a stellar food scene, unique and trendy shopping options, the International Surfing Museum and laid-back but still buzzy vibe.
Nature lovers will love the Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve‘s wetlands home to many bird species and Huntington Central Park known for its fields, pretty gardens and lakes. Find a great place to stay, kick back and soak up the awesome atmosphere. From cozy boutiques to sleek, trendy and modern here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Huntington Beach, California (in no particular order, they’re all awesome)…
1. Kimpton Shorebreak Huntington Beach Resort, an IHG Hotel – a trendy and Insta-worthy boutique hotel perfect for partying Millenials and Gen Zs
A hip surfer-themed beachfront resort located in 5th & PCH, a shopping mall on 5th Street in Huntington Beach. The boutique hotel has a vibrant interior which gives out a coastal vibe.
Kimpton Shorebreak Huntington Beach Resort is where art and creativity blend with fastidious service.
The 4-star trendy boutique hotel features airy rooms with a wide range of amenities, including desks with ergonomic chairs, flatscreen TVs, Wi-Fi access, and yoga mats.
Some rooms come with sun decks or balconies with ocean views. Separate living areas with pull-out sofas are available in suites. The cool Huntington Beach Hotel also has a lively eatery with a bar, a business center, a fitness area, and eight event spaces among other on-site amenities.
Address: 500 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92648, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Kimpton Shorebreak Huntington Beach Resort
2. Paséa Hotel & Spa – one of the chicest and Instagrammable hotels in Huntington Beach
A cool deluxe hotel located less than a mile from the Huntington Beach Pier and five miles from Newport Beach. Head to Paséa Hotel & Spa for a memorable stay, a few steps from the world’s most expansive ocean.
The 4-star hotel boasts stylishly luxurious rooms with a broad range of amenities, including free Wi-Fi, Keurig coffee makers, flatscreen TVs, and balconies. Each room offers spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean.
Studios and one-bedroom suites at Paséa Hotel & Spa come with separate living rooms, wet bars, and soaking tubs. The ritzy penthouse suite has two balconies, a fireplace, and a well-equipped kitchenette.
On-site amenities include a fashionable restaurant, a bar/lounge with a rooftop patio, and an elegant spa.
Address: 21080 CA-1, Huntington Beach, CA 92648, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Paséa Hotel & Spa
3. Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa – a cool and unique place to stay in Huntington Beach
A Spanish-inspired, beachfront hotel located off Pacific Coast Highway, a mile from Huntington Beach Pier. The luxurious resort provides easy access to Disneyland Park and Caumsett State Park, among other attractions.
The 4-star hotel has refined rooms featuring 42-inch-flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, free Wi-Fi, and balconies or private patios. Separate living rooms and additional bathrooms with whirlpool tubs are available in suites.
Guests lodged in club rooms have access to a lounge serving complimentary continental breakfast and evening snacks. All guests have access to an on-site pizzeria, a poolside cafe, and three other restaurants.
Address: 21500 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92648, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa
4. The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel – a modern, upscale and chic beachside stay
A Mediterranean-Italian-inspired hotel overlooking Huntington Beach. Escape to this trendy oceanfront hotel for a perfect beach vacation. The 4-star fun party hotel provides easy access to excellent surfing, a plethora of attractions to explore, and nightlife to enjoy.
The unassuming rooms at The Waterfront Beach Resort have all basic amenities, including Wi-Fi, flatscreen TVs, and iPod docks. Suites come with two balconies, dining tables, and pull-out sofas.
Upgraded suites have separate living areas and whirlpool tubs. Book a 12th-floor suite to have your own wet bar and indulge in breathtaking views of the ocean.
Address: 21100 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92648, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel
5. The Hotel Huntington Beach – a contemporary, hip and vibrant hotel that is steps away from the world-famous Surf City beaches
A contemporary hotel located in One Pacific Plaza, a business park in Huntington Beach. It is a 3-minute drive from Disneyland Park. Its central location makes it one of the coolest hotels in Orange County.
The 3-star hotel also offers complimentary shuttle service to John Wayne Airport and Disneyland Resort. Guests can enjoy a wide range of on-site amenities, including a Peruvian restaurant, a lounge, an exercise room, a meeting space, an indoor pool, and a hot tub.
Rooms at The Hotel Huntington Beach feature a stylish interior and have all basic amenities, including flatscreen TVs, free Wi-Fi, and coffeemakers.
Address: 7667 Center Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92647, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Hotel Huntington Beach
6. Huntington Surf Inn – a colorful, kitsch, and fun party crash pad to stay in Huntington Beach
A trendy surfer-themed hotel set along the Pacific Coast Highway. Huntington Surf Inn is within walking distance of Huntington Beach waterfront, the International Surfing Museum, and many high-end restaurants.
The laid-back boutique hotel has nine well-appointed, air-conditioned rooms with minifridges, free Wi-Fi, microwaves, and flatscreen TVs. All rooms are uniquely decorated with surfing or floral themes. Other amenities include access to a private 2nd-floor patio and free on-site parking.
Address: 720 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92648, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Huntington Surf Inn
7. Steps To The Beach, Main Street, and Pacific City – easily one of the coolest apartments to stay in Huntington Beach with ocean views
A family-friendly vacation rental located within walking distance of Huntington Beach and Huntington Beach Pier. The property features two bedrooms, a kitchenette with a microwave and a dishwasher, a seating area, and one bathroom with a shower.
Free private parking, Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, and an outside barbecue grill are also available. From hardwood floors to tasteful furniture to ocean views, everything about this unique property will take your breath away.
Address: 231 1st Street Unit 7, Huntington Beach, CA 92648, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Steps To The Beach, Main Street, and Pacific City
8. Charming Huntington Beach Apt Less Than 1 Mi to Shore – a top and unique well-equipped apartment ideal for long stays
A cozy home located steps from Huntington Beach and Huntington Beach Pier. The property has two bedrooms, one with a large double bed and one with a sofa bed. The hoary-beige interior of the place creates a relaxed ambiance.
A fully functional kitchen is also available. Other amenities include a flatscreen TV, free Wi-Fi, a fireplace, and complimentary toiletries. Popular beaches near the property include Santa Ana River Beach and Newport Beach.
Address: Huntington Beach, 92648, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Charming Huntington Beach Apt Less Than 1 Mi to Shore
9. Paradise Palace – one of the best holiday homes in Huntington Beach, ideal for large groups and pets
A charming holiday home offering luxurious accommodation near Huntington Beach. With four well-appointed bedrooms, the property can sleep up to eight people. Paradise Palace
Also features a fully equipped kitchen, five bathrooms, a living area with a fireplace, a dining area, and a patio with outside furniture and ocean views.
The property provides access to a myriad of activities including windsurfing, hiking, diving, snorkeling, and mini golf among others. An on-site children’s playground is also available.
Address: Huntington Beach, 92648, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Paradise Palace
10. Surf City Paradise – an upscale hotel that is within walking distance from the beach
A holiday home featuring a well-equipped kitchen, a living room with a sofa bed and dining table, an outdoor patio with furniture, and a barbecue grill.
There are two bedrooms, one has an extra-large double bed and one has two single beds. The pet-friendly property also has two exquisite swimming pools.
Surf City Paradise can accommodate up to six guests. Some of the major attractions near the property include Newport Beach Pier, Huntington Beach Pier, and Bolsa Chica State Beach.
Address: Huntington Beach, 92648, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Surf City Paradise
We also have posts on…
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Santa Monica
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Malibu
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Laguna Beach
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Los Angeles
- Cool and Unique Hotels in San Diego
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Santa Barbara
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Carmel
- Cool and Unique Hotels in San Francisco
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Napa Valley
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Beverley Hills
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Long Beach
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Newport Beach
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Joshua Tree
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Big Bear Lake
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Oceanside
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Santa Catalina Island
- Cool and Unusual hotels in San Clemente
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.