Known for its white-stoned Venetian renaissance buildings, world-class galleries, one-of-a-kind boutiques, and sparkling beaches, Hvar is a beautiful Croatian island offering something to every type of traveller.
The centuries-old St. Stephen’s Cathedral awaits art enthusiasts who’ll love the 1220s Venetian work of Madonna and Child. Dubovica Beach invites nature lovers to immerse themselves in its tranquillity. The Blue and Green Caves call pleasure-seekers to take motorboat tours through them. The Venetian Loggia and Clock Tower welcome history buffs to explore 700 years of Venetian history.
Hvar is also bursting with fine lodging options, ranging from charming boutique B&Bs to deluxe trendy resorts. Here are some of the best cool and unusual hotels in Hvar, Croatia (in no particular order)...
1. Adriana Hvar Spa Hotel – a hip, cool and chic hotel in a location perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Sitting on Hvar’s Boardwalk, Adriana Hvar Spa Hotel is perhaps the snazziest hotel in the town. It is about three miles from the sandy Mekićevica beach with Hvar Cathedral reachable within a 4-minute walk.
The 4-star hotel provides a range of lodging options, including relaxed studios, airy suites, and modern penthouses. Minibars and satellite TVs are available in all rooms, while some also offer whirlpool tubs and sitting areas.
Onsite amenities include a ritzy restaurant, a gym, two chic bars, a rooftop indoor pool, and a spa with a hot tub and four saunas.
Address: Obala Fabrika 28, 21450, Hvar, Croatia
- To book, check prices or availability for Adriana Hvar Spa Hotel
2. Hotel Moeesy, Blue & Green Oasis – a new, trendy and 5-star hotel perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs to enjoy a relaxing beach vacation
Set in a chateau-style villa on Hvar’s promenade, Hotel Moeesy transforms your island vacation dream into reality. Understated rooms feature hardwood floors, elegant furnishings, and ivory accents.
Satellite TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi are offered in all rooms, while some quarters also have private balconies with sea or park views.
A variety of meat and fish dishes can be savoured at the hotel’s restaurant. However, if you’d like to try something different, the hotel is just steps from some outstanding restaurants.
Address: Vlade Avelinija 7, 21450 Hvar, Croatia
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Moeesy, Blue & Green Oasis
3. Palace Elisabeth, Hvar Heritage Hotel – an upscale, 5-star and Instagrammable hotel located in the heart of the island
The oldest hotel in Hvar, Palace Elisabeth combines old-world charm with present-day luxury. Its exceptional architectural design makes it stand out from other luxury hotels in Hvar.
Sumptuously appointed guest rooms offer all creature comforts, from plush bedding to flat-screen TVs to designer toiletries. All rooms feature a consistent theme of russet and white colours. Deluxe suites and penthouses come with higher-end amenities, such as minibars.
Savour delectable Mediterranean cuisine at the onsite restaurant, sip craft cocktails while listening to jazz music at Arsenal Bar, and luxuriate in a hot tub in the hotel’s spa.
Address: Trg Svetog Stjepana 5, 21450 Hvar, Croatia
- To book, check prices or availability for Palace Elisabeth, Hvar Heritage Hotel
4. Amfora Hvar Grand Beach Resort – a contemporary, stylish and upscale resort within walking distance of the beach and Old Town
One of the best Mediterranean hotels in Hvar, Amfora Hvar Grand Beach Resort is a paradisal oasis with diverse culinary options, opulent accommodations, and complimentary perks.
Contemporary rooms at the 4-star hotel are equipped with flat-screen TVs, mini-fridges, and safes. Guests staying in upgraded rooms can revel in stunning sea views from inside their rooms. Separate living areas are featured in one- to two-bedroom suites.
The Cascades Restaurant & Swim To Bar offers an eclectic selection of Mediterranean dishes and wines. The lobby lounge has an extensive variety of handcrafted cocktails. The Splash Beach Bar & Restaurant, on the other hand, offers the best dining onsite.
Address: Ul. Biskupa Jurja Dubokovica 5, 21450, Hvar, Croatia
- To book, check prices or availability for Amfora Hvar Grand Beach Resort
5. Riva Marina Hvar Hotel – one of the best boutique hotels on the Adriatic providing guests with a newly renovated, unique and themed stay
Occupying a refined stone building on Hvar’s promenade, Riva Marina Hvar Hotel offers a super luxurious stay with premium amenities.
Modern rooms at the 4-star hotel have colourful interiors and glass-walled bathrooms. While all rooms are fitted with satellite TVs, some rooms also offer balconies with harbour views.
Guests also enjoy several freebies, including daily refreshments, parking, a breakfast buffet, and access to a rooftop pool. The in-house restaurant specializes in Italian fare and also offers outdoor dining.
Address: Obala, Riva 27, 21450, Hvar, Croatia
- To book, check prices or availability for Riva Marina Hvar Hotel
6. Heritage Hotel Park Hvar – a stunning, fun boutique hotel featuring on-site live entertainment
Overlooking the buzzing Hvar harbor, Heritage Hotel Park Hvar puts you close to the coastal action. It is based in a 16th-century building a short walk from Franciscan Monastery Beach.
Guests reside in relaxed rooms and suites with upmarket amenities, such as minibars, complimentary Wi-Fi, and flat-screen TVs. Some units also feature balconies with bay views.
While there are many great restaurants nearby, you can enjoy high-end dining onsite. There’s also a vibrant bar with an expansive terrace.
Address: Bankete Bb, 21450, Hvar, Croatia
- To book, check prices or availability for Heritage Hotel Park Hvar
7. Heritage Hotel Dea Hvar – a historic, lavish and traditional hotel steps away from Hvar’s theatre and St Stephen’s Square
Housed in an ancient stone building in the Old Town District, Heritage Hotel Dea Hvar is a family affair with a traditionally decorated interior.
Stylishly appointed rooms come with LED TVs, safes, marble bathrooms with walk-in showers, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Embodying a spirit of Croatian history, this 4-star offers so much more than a comfortable lodging experience. The onsite restaurant dishes out mouth-watering Mediterranean classics in a rustic setting. The hotel also has a garden with lush foliage, outdoor furniture, and BBQ facilities.
Address: Hvarskih bratovština 4, 21450 Hvar, Croatia
- To book, check prices or availability for Heritage Hotel Dea Hvar
8. Boutique Room Kaliopi – a bright, traditional and charming B&B where guests can hire bikes to explore around the island
With wood-panelled floors, exposed-brick walls, and traditional furnishings, Boutique Room Kaliopi offers a rustic escape from the urban chaos. The charming B&B boasts beautifully appointed rooms sleeping up to two adults and one child.
Flat-screen TVs with cable channels, spacious closets, free toiletries, sofa beds, complimentary Wi-Fi, and work desks are some of the many in-room facilities available at this 3-star hotel. There’s also an upscale restaurant dishing up international fare in a sophisticated setting.
Major attractions near the bed-and-breakfast include Hvar Heritage Museum, Franciscan Monastery Beach, and Fortica Fortress.
Address: Hvarskih bratovština 4, 21450 Hvar, Croatia
- To book, check prices or availability for Boutique Room Kaliopi
9. Hvar Top View Apartments – a beautiful, chic and new accommodation in close proximity to popular local attractions and dining options
If you’re looking for modern, streamlined accommodation near Hvar’s top historic attraction, Hvar Top View Apartments may be a great option for you. Sleek furnishings, artistic decor, and wooden details featured in the rooms will make you fall in love with this place.
Each room has a large double bed and can sleep up to two adults. Other amenities include flat-screen TVs, work desks, fresh linens, and balconies with city views.
Situated less than two miles from AMO Beach Jerolim, the polished hotel is a short walk from both St. Stephen’s Square and Franciscan Monastery Beach.
Address: Franciscan Monastery Beach
- To book, check prices or availability for Hvar Top View Apartments
10. Hotel – Aparthotel Teranea – a spacious, lavish and bright accommodation where guests can enjoy facilities such as a Champagne bar, two outdoor pools and a sunbathing area
With an excellent beachside location and proximity to the city center, Hotel – Aparthotel Teranea stands as one of the most highly rated hotels in Hvar.
Sumptuous elaborate rooms and suites offer a wide array of amenities, including flat-screen TVs, work desks, mini-fridges, and coffee makers.
Among the communal facilities available at the hotel are a Champagne bar, a breakfast area, two amazing pools, and a sunbathing area with an automatized marquee.
The 3-star hotel is within a walking distance of Pokonji Dol Beach, the Hvar Heritage Museum, and several restaurants.
Address: Lucije Rudan 24, 21450, Hvar, Croatia
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel – Aparthotel Teranea
11. History Hvar Design Heritage Suites – a rustic, stylish and unique accommodation well equipped with a great location for a memorable getaway
Pastoral charm coalesces with modern elegance at History Hvar Design Heritage Suites less than a mile from Hvar Heritage Museum.
The caveman-style accommodations include seating areas with flat-screen TVs, fully equipped kitchenettes, coffee machines, dining areas, and tiled bathrooms with walk-in showers. Some units feature patios with city views, while complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all suites.
A short walk from the hotel lies Bishop’s Palace in Hvar and St. Stephen’s Square in Hvar.
Address: Vicka Butorovića 6, 21450, Hvar, Croatia
- To book, check prices or availability for History Hvar Design Heritage Suites
12. B&B Buzolic – a vibrant, quirky and hip accommodation offering guests a delicious breakfast each morning
Located less than a mile from Hvar Heritage Museum, B&B Buzolic offers a well-balanced mix of homeliness and high-end amenities.
The air-conditioned rooms are equipped with seating areas, work desks, flat-screen TVs, and mini-fridges. Suites offer advanced amenities, such as full kitchens, furnished balconies and dining areas. Standard studios can accommodate up to two guests, while two-bedroom apartments have a capacity for four adults and two children.
Shared amenities include an outdoor swimming pool, a lounge with a TV area, and a garden with BBQ facilities.
Popular attractions near the hotel include St. Stephen’s Square in Hvar, Pokonji Dol Beach, and Fortica Fortress.
Address: Ive Roica 20, 21450 Hvar, Croatia
- To book, check prices or availability for B&B Buzolic
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Rome
- Cool boutique hotels in Venice
- Cool boutique hotels in Milan
- Cool boutique hotels in Athens
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Kotor
- Cool boutique hotels in Mykonos
- Cool boutique hotels in Istanbul
- Cool boutique hotels in Vienna
- Cool boutique hotels in Barcelona
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Split
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Zagreb
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Rovinj
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Cyprus
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Dubrovnik
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Budva
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.