Ibiza – or the ‘White Isle’ as many know it – is a beautiful island of incredible contrasts. Famed as the party capital of the world, its dizzying nightclubs, chic beach bars, and epic beach parties allure visitors to its sandy shores. What many first-timers are unaware of, however, is that this Balearic island is just as much rural and relaxing as it is buzzing, trendy and fun.
Small coves lapped by the Mediterranean, biodiversity reserves beautified by pine forests, and sleepy villages full of fortified churches, bring a paradisiacal setting to the island.
Ibiza is also home to a jaw-dropping hospitality scene, where chic eco-friendly boutique hotels stand side by side with trendy beachfront resorts with resident DJs perfect for partying. It’s actually one of my favourite islands in the world and from my many trips here, these are my favorite cool and unusual hotels in Ibiza, Spain (in no particular order)…
1. Paradiso Ibiza Art Hotel – Adults Only – a unique, fun and creative hotel with a DJ, a cool retro arty and party vibe located in the famous San Antonio resort
Candy floss coloured and brimming with eccentricity, Paradiso Ibiza Art Hotel stands out against Ibiza’s west coast skyline. The brightly rimmed mirrors, neon lighting, and chromatic tiled flooring are a vibrant nod to 1970s Miami cool.
Bold, brash, and curiously beautiful, the property’s mixture of curved architectural pieces are embellished with soft rose pinks, making for an idyllic Instagram shot.
With an abundance of contemporary art and a gorgeous pool lined by wooden framed cabanas, Paradiso’s vibe is one you will remember forever. Colourful shades and vivid art installations make up the walls and floors of the guestrooms, which boast balconies, Smeg fridges, and Marshall radios.
- To book, check prices or availability for Paradiso Ibiza Art Hotel – Adults Only
2. OKU Ibiza – an exceptional upscale beachside hotel with a trendy boho mixed with modern design located near the lively bay of Sant Antoni de Portmany
Young, hip, and bustling, OKU Ibiza invites a trendy crowd to the west side of the island. Nestled in the pines close to the quaint cove of Cala Gració, you can expect style and sophistication, and the décor of wood, straw, and a neutral palette contrasts the upbeat tempo with the essence of barefoot luxury.
Banana trees, rattan dining chairs, and thatched umbrellas evoke an undertone of cool and classy, while the on-site Zen spa sends a pioneering spirit of wellness through the property.
The lighting in the room is soft and elegant, and the amenities are top-notch. Each sanctuary comes equipped with a terrace, bringing the outside in.
- To book, check prices or availability for OKU Hotel Ibiza
3. Dorado Ibiza – Adults Only – a trendy, fun and glamorous boutique with a cool music-themed vibe perfect for partying Millenials and Gen Zs
Perched atop a stretch of the golden sands of Playa d’en Bossa Beach, Dorado is an arm’s reach from buzzy beach bars, and entertains guests with bountiful daytime ambiance and evening parties.
The rooms are music themed and are named after icons from Elvis to Eric Clapton. In each unit, record players, Marshall-branded fridges, and microphone shower heads shine a light on the retro-kitsch style, set against a turquoise, gold, and white colour scheme.
Guests can relax and refuel at Santos Coast Club which serves a menu of all the international classics, and at the rooftop bar where jaw-dropping views will soothe the soul.
- To book, check prices or availability for Dorado Ibiza
4. Hotel Riomar, Ibiza, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel – a stylish, creative and stunning beachfront boutique gem overlooking a beach in Santa Eulalia
Underpinned by good food, great service, and delightful staff, the design flair of Hotel Riomar can be felt through the classic décor which brings a dose of bohemian chic in a subdued, modern way.
The stylish reception lounge offers classic Pierre Jeanneret armchairs and custom sofas which sit beneath a hand-painted tile wall mural of beachgoers.
You can chill out by the pool or in the hotel’s dedicated beach area, offering 120 plush sunbeds. Alternatively, you can play a game of beach volleyball, or pay a visit to the vinyl library which boasts portable record players which you can take up to your room.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Riomar, Ibiza, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
5. Amàre Beach Hotel Ibiza Adults Only – a cool, trendy and contemporary design hotel set along Bou Cove located in front of the famous San Antonio Bay
Brightened by a scattering of local and international artwork, and a handful of charming chill-out areas, this adults-only hotel is a key player in the gentrification of San Antonio Bay.
Lively and unpretentious, Amàre Beach is an idyllic haven of huge glass walls which blur the lines between interior and exterior.
Two seafront pools, a rooftop infinity pool, and a beach shack bring unforgettable opportunities to laze in a sun-drenched paradise, while complimentary yoga and HIIT classes offer chances to re-energize. The 366 rooms are both vibrant and cosy, and boast white walls, pale wood floors, and stunning balconies with sparkling sea views.
- To book, check prices or availability for Amàre Beach Hotel Ibiza Adults Only
6. Romeos Ibiza – Adults Only – a charmingly unique, quirky and retro-cool hotel with a theme based on the 50s, 60s and 70s
If you’ve watched an American movie from the 50s, 60s, and 70s, then this eccentric Ibizan retreat will bring back vivid memories. This luxury lodge is inspired by the love motels on Route 66.
The rooms are dressed in neon lights, and offer a sofa bed, a minibar, and a balcony overlooking the pool. Retro umbrellas, a heart-shaped Jacuzzi, and a snazzy diving board surround the quirky outdoor pool, where guests can soak up the island charm.
The hotel also boasts several other charming hangout spots. Mandy’s, the on-site diner, serves delicious New York classics with a Mediterranean touch, and the playroom is kitted out with leopard sofas, a disco ball, a fully equipped bar, and a DJ booth.
- To book, check prices or availability for Romeos Ibiza – Adults Only
7. Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa – a fun, funky and fashionable beachfront hotel set right on Playa d’en Bossa Beach and surrounded by Ibiza’s hottest nightclubs
This design-led 4-star complex is situated on the beachfront of Playa d’en Bossa, and is spread across four floors. The rooms are dressed in a contemporary, avant-garde style, offering a balcony with a lateral view of the sea.
Beside the glimmering pool, illuminated at night by LED lights, are hammocks, parasols, chill-out beds, and a terrace where you can savour an afternoon cocktail or aperitif.
Guests can also enjoy a luxury shopping spree in the hotel’s boutique, as well as a blissful wellness session in the on-site thermal circuit which comes with a Turkish bath, a Jacuzzi, and a steam room.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa
8. Ibizazen Boutique Hotel – a cool, unique and funky boutique gem set in a refurbished 18th-century farmhouse along the Santa Eulalia River
Designed to conjure calm, this cool boho retreat boasts a charming array of restful grounds and Asian-inspired chill-out areas, presenting an idyllic hangout for those seeking pure escapism.
From Ibizazen, a short walk will land you right in the thick of the action of the town. The manicured lawns of this 18th-century former farmhouse are punctuated by bright Buddhas, and pieces of modern art fill the communal spaces with a stylish vigour.
Luxe Balinese beds surround the lush saltwater pool, offering an ideal spot to switch off. Some of the guestrooms lead right out onto the pool area, while others offer direct access to the garden. All are graced by nice touches like hand-made kimonos, a fully stocked minibar, and brightly coloured accessories.
- To book, check prices or availability for Ibizazen Boutique Hotel
9. Nativo Hotel Ibiza – a stunning new boutique hotel designed under the Wabi-Sabi philosophy where beauty resides in “everyday life, imperfection, and authenticity”
A sister property to one of the island’s most established five-star hotels, Aguas de Ibiza, Nativo Hotel is a haven of laid-back luxury.
The millennial chic vibe comes in the form of lots of foliage in fancy planters, coffee tables with books, and woven chairs & hammocks.
A huge draw to the hotel is the trio of pools, one of which (the rooftop infinity pool) is for adults only. The rooms come in four types, but all are stylish and photogenic, with eclectic interiors utilizing a mix of traditional plaster, triangular cinder blocks, and wood and rattan punctuated by white and orange fabrics.
- To book, check prices or availability for Nativo Hotel Ibiza
10. La Bohemia del Rio Hostal Boutique-Adults Only – a beautiful and unique family-run boutique-style hotel with a slight boho vibe near famous Nikki Beach
The elegance of whitewashed walls poses as a bright backdrop to the thatched umbrellas and soaring plants at La Bohemia del Rio.
Patterned tile floors, bohemian décor, and creative artwork embellish the interiors, and promote a style of escape that embraces intimacy and seclusion.
The rooms are decorated in a pure Mediterranean style, with quirky wall hangings and comfy beds bringing an air of uniqueness. An attractive garden with a pool awaits you for a blissful moment of downtime, dotted by cosy sun loungers and a quaint poolside bar.
Each morning, you can savour a delicious homemade breakfast of fresh fruits, juices, and a continental spread.
- To book, check prices or availability for La Bohemia del Rio Hostal Boutique
11. W Ibiza – a party and celebrity hotspot perfect for Instagrammers and those wanting to be seen
The W Hotel brand has landed on the shores of Ibiza’s east coast with a boho-chic concept, complemented by epic beach views and an upbeat party vibe.
Set on a seafront at the southern end of one of the island’s more relaxed towns, Santa Eulalia, this V-shaped hotel takes inspiration from the island’s hippie roots, blending a kaleidoscope of pastel and sorbet shades.
The pool area is dotted by navy sun beds and leafy palms, exuding an atmosphere of seclusion. Meanwhile the rooftop bar, the three restaurants, and the W lounge bring an exceptional array of international cuisines to an eclectic atmosphere.
- To book, check prices or availability for W Hotel Ibiza
12. Can Jaume by Ocean Drive – a stylish, chic and romantic hotel surrounded by beautiful and tranquil natural countryside in the outskirts of Ibiza Town
Set in a sprawling orchard of over 2500 orange trees, Cam Jaume is a haven of sophistication, where the art of unwinding is an ever-present reality.
The 15 rooms and suites come with a flower-laden patio or terrace, and are named after Ibizan plants and herbs. The stunning L-shaped pool invites you to surrender to the rhythms of island life, and is sprinkled with cosy loungers and luxury poolside cabanas. O
n-site, you can enjoy a wide range of wellness and beauty treatments, and you can also arrange yoga classes, horse riding excursions, and bike rentals. A delicious breakfast spread is served each morning, while coffee, fruit, and homemade snacks are left out for guests to tuck into throughout the day.
- To book, check prices or availability for Can Jaume by Ocean Drive
13. Sir Joan Hotel – a very hip and Instagrammable boutique hotel housed in a very unique and contemporary cubist building with stunning views of the Port of Ibiza
The Amsterdam-based brand Sir Hotels brings its glitzy vibe to Ibiza’s shores, blending nicely with the superyachts of Ibiza marina and offering a hub for the carefree, creative jet setters.
The gleaming aesthetics are backed up with highly acclaimed design work, with the lobby decked out in earthy tones, marbled patterns, and polished steel.
The stylish coffee tables and the Spanish artwork which adorn the walls nod to the hotel’s creative clientele. Ibiza’s maritime heritage has inspired each one of the 38 rooms and suites, where walnut floors pair with ocean blues, and bronze hues glimmer in the backdrop of steel surfaces. Each room offers a balcony, inviting you to soak up the island charm.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sir Joan Hotel
14. Hotel Boutique Ses Pitreras – a small, trendy and intimate boutique alternative to the large Ibiza high rises
Here we have a slick hotel situated just a short distance from vast swathes of golden sands and the bustling towns of San Antonio and San Jose.
The hotel is set before an eye-catching island sunset, and the vibe is blissfully catered towards couples on a romantic retreat. The dark colour palette and refined interiors exude sultry elegance, and the décor is characterized by unfussy furniture and modern design work.
Ses Pitreras boasts an outdoor spa with a Turkish bath, a sauna, waterfalls, cascades, and hydromassage pools, sewn up by an exceptional, bespoke service.
The grey, white, and fawn walls and furnishings of the seven rooms ooze sophistication, and the 100 per cent Ibicenco cotton beds promote a blissful night’s sleep.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Boutique Ses Pitreras
15. Can Salia – a beautiful award-winning waterfront boutique hotel transformed into an eco-friendly gem with gorgeous views of the sparkling sea and the stunning Ibiza sunset
Here we have a luxury frontline resort for sunset lovers, situated on the coast of Cala de Bou. The hotel wows with minimalist, stylish interiors with splashes of colour, inspired by the breathtaking surrounding nature.
The glamorous rooftop terrace and bar, replete with an infinity pool, offers the most picturesque cocktail spot on the island. The spacious one- and two-bedroom apartment suites offer private terraces or balconies, and invite you to rest in style with all the amenities of a luxury resort at your disposal.
The delectable Taste of Salia restaurant specializes in healthy, modern Mediterranean cuisine, steeped in fresh & locally sourced produce.
- To book, check prices or availability for Can Salia Ibiza
16. Can Jaume Private Villas by Ocean Drive – a gorgeous art-deco inspired hotel in tranquil surroundings which overlooks Marina Botafoch and the Mediterranean Sea
This tranquil hideaway is quintessential Ibiza at its best. The property is girdled by fragrant orange groves and fertile farmland, and offers a graceful L-shaped pool with a laid-back island vibe.
Can Jaume lies only 2 km from the centre of Ibiza town, yet it still feels well and truly off the beaten path. The décor blends in perfectly with the natural surroundings, where towering palm trees and sinuous bougainvillea provide an iridescent backdrop and a soothing atmosphere.
Soundtracked by the chirping of birds, the villas pair neutral walls with terracotta tiled floors, with colours of warm orange and burnt red bringing a sense of refined glamour.
- To book, check prices or availability for Can Jaume Private Villas by Ocean Drive
17. Can Arabí – a charming and quieter alternative to the party hotels offering a stylish upscale design and lush surroundings
Here we have a former dairy farm from the early 20th century, that has been carefully restored without losing its original style and character.
Surrounded by orange groves in the heart of the Ibizan countryside, Can Arabí combines stone with other fine materials and a rustic design to nurture a harmonious environment of peace and tranquillity.
The gardens and swimming pool offer pleasant spots to kick back and relish the island atmosphere, dotted by cabanas, loungers, and plenty of lawn space. The property is nestled in the serene countryside, yet a five-minute drive will take you to the electric nightlife spots for which Ibiza is famed.
- To book, check prices or availability for Can Arabí Ibiza
18. The Standard, Ibiza – a hip, cool and unique upscale hotel attractively located in buzzing Ibiza Town
One of the most coveted hotels on the island, this bastion of Balearic cool is surrounded by bars, restaurants, and shops, smack bang in the heart of Ibiza town.
Its communal areas are draped in luxe fabrics and vivid artworks, bringing a colourful tone to the interiors. Bedecked in bold, jungle-leaf prints, the ground floor Jara restaurant and cocktail lounge offers a fresh menu serving Spanish and international dishes.
The rooftop venue UP boasts a breezy al-fresco vibe, inviting holidaymakers to mingle, while the rooftop pool brings a relaxing antidote to the electric atmosphere in the surrounding area.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Standard, Ibiza
19. Hotel La Torre del Canonigo – Small Luxury Hotels – a classy and elegant boutique hotel set on a hilltop said to mix an “Old soul with a modern spirit”
Hidden among the cobbled streets and 14th-century walls of Ibiza’s enchanting Old Town, this one-of-a-kind hotel stands tall and oozes a unique, beguiling charm.
A medieval pulse beats through the property, complemented by lavish fixings like crystal chandeliers and sofas adorned in velvety fabrics. With a restaurant offering an al-fresco terrace, and a rooftop overlooking the twinkling lights of the city, this hotel is the perfect spot to relish midsummer, balmy nights.
Neutral hues ornate the rooms, highlighted by marble floors and regal furnishings, in keeping with the hotel’s opulent theme. The hotel’s restaurant Kyüppido delights visitors with an eclectic fusion of Japanese and Mediterranean cuisine, with a luxurious twist.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel La Torre del Canonigo
20. Finca Legado Ibiza – a unique and intimate boutique offering individually designed rustic-chic rooms for a more authentic Ibizan stay
This is the perfect hotel for those who enjoy both exploring the island and lazing around in the sunshine. The pool is lined by Woven Moroccan baskets on cast iron shelves and large sunbeds with pink, marble-print covers, and in the garden lies a small, Japanese-inspired pond.
The charming, multilingual hosts give the property a unique charm and approach the service with a bespoke, personalized concept.
The rooms and suites are teeming with artichoke-print wallpaper and eclectic décor, with vintage Bambi prints and 1950s paperbacks setting a tone of opulence. The open-air breakfast is a buzzy affair, and is pleasantly laid out on tables next to the pool.
- To book, check prices or availability for Finca Legado Ibiza
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Majorca
- Cool boutique hotels in Mykonos
- Cool boutique hotels in Athens
- Cool boutique hotels in Istanbul
- Cool boutique hotels in Barcelona
- Cool boutique hotels in Madrid
- Cool boutique hotels in Lisbon
- Cool boutique hotels in Antalya
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Corfu
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Algarve
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Malaga
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Cyprus
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Crete
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Zakynthos
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Marbella
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Kos
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Formentera
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Palma
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Benidorm
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Magaluf
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Menorca
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website https://garynunn.co.uk/