Dotted with stunning waterfalls, interesting historic sites, unique education centers, outstanding museums, and world-class vineyards, Ithaca stands proud as one of the most frequented destinations in New York State.
Immerse yourself in beautiful landscapes and nature in Taughannock Falls State Park. Hike the picturesque Cascadilla Gorge Trail. Explore over a hundred species of plants in Cornell Botanic Gardens. Go kayaking or sailing in the reflective waters of Cayuga Lake. Experience the splendor of Collegiate Gothic, Victorian, and Neoclassical-style architecture on the sprawling campuses of Cornell University.
What’s more to look forward to in Ithaca is its burgeoning arts and culture scenes, eclectic shopping opportunities, diverse dining and drinking, and a plethora of accommodation options. From classy boutique hotels to sophisticated inns to luxury safari tents, here are the top cool and unusual hotels in Ithaca New York State (in no particular order)...
1. Argos Inn – Ithaca’s Boutique Hotel – a stunning, sophisticated and elegant boutique inn set in a restored neoclassical mansion
Set in a restored neoclassical mansion on East State Street, Argos Inn offers accommodation in elegant rooms with original artwork, exposed brick walls, floor-to-ceiling windows, traditional furniture, and antique accents.
In-room amenities include smart TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi, and sleek bathrooms with rainfall showerheads and heated floors. There’s an airy sunroom where guests are served continental breakfast for free. An expansive courtyard, a custom zinc-top bar, and a luxury pub are accessible to all guests.
Argos Inn – Ithaca’s Boutique Hotel is a fabulous choice for those who want easy access to downtown shopping and dining.
Address: 408 E State St, Ithaca, NY 14850, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Argos Inn – Ithaca’s Boutique Hotel
2. A Cayuga LakeFront Inn – Hotel Alt, Ithaca New York – a cute and quirky-chic travel-sustainable beachfront hotel that offers great facilities and stunning lakeside views
There is no place better than A Cayuga LakeFront Inn to experience the magnificence of Cayuga Lake. Set on the Finger Lakes Wine Trail, this charming B&B is steps from Cayuga Lake with Taughannock Falls accessible within a 25-minute drive.
Gorgeous lake views will greet you every morning from the floor-to-ceiling windows featured in your room. The lakefront B&B boasts European-style rooms with traditional furnishings, hardwood floors, and Jacuzzis.
Suites come equipped with separate living rooms, private garden courtyards, and furnished balconies.
Address: 555 Ridge Rd, Lansing, NY 14882, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for A Cayuga LakeFront Inn – Hotel Alt, Ithaca New York
3. New Park Venue & Suites – a charming, elegant and gorgeous boutique hotel that is a popular place to host events
Tasteful suites with hardwood floors, plush furnishings, handcrafted stonework, stained glass, and wooden accents are particularly designed for fussy travelers. From one-bedroom suites to three-bedroom apartments to an 18-acre property sleeping up to 10 people, New Park Venue & Suites offers a wide range of lodging options.
The Wish Room is where guests gather to sip wine by a fireplace while listening to soothing music. A furnished garden, an event space, and a spa are also accessible to guests.
Address: 1500 Taughannock Blvd, Ithaca, NY 14850, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for New Park Venue & Suites
4. Inn at Taughannock Falls – a historic and cozy inn housed in a 19 century-Victorian Mansion
Occupying a Victorian mansion and four modern buildings, Inn at Taughannock Falls sits beautifully on the shores of Cayuga Lake with downtown Ithaca accessible within a 15-minute drive.
Vintage wallpapers, 4-poster beds, and antique furnishings are featured in all rooms. Some rooms are equipped with Jacuzzi tubs, fridges, love seats, and TVs, while all rooms have Wi-Fi access. Guests lodging in advanced units can enjoy spectacular lake views from inside their rooms or the patio.
Address: 2030 Gorge Rd, Trumansburg, NY 14886, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Inn at Taughannock Falls
5. La Tourelle Hotel & Spa – a high-end family-owned pet-friendly hotel with vintage-chic decor and a spa
Offering luxurious accommodation alongside upscale amenities, La Tourelle Hotel & Spa is one of the finest hotels near downtown Ithaca. Set on 40 acres off Danby Road, the 3-star hotel is a 4-minute drive from both Cornell University and Downtown.
Guests lodge in traditionally decorated rooms featuring coffee makers, mini-fridges, and dual showerheads. Higher-end amenities like whirlpool tubs, 4-poster beds, and fireplaces are available in upgraded units.
The inn’s tower houses two circular rooms with tile floors and fenced-in decks. The barn houses, on the other hand, offer three-bedroom suites with a dual-story living room and a kitchenette.
Dining options at La Tourelle Hotel & Spa include an American steakhouse and a farm-to-table bistro dishing out breakfast, lunch, and brunch.
Address: 96B, 1150 Danby Rd, Ithaca, NY 14850, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for La Tourelle Hotel & Spa
6. The Statler Hotel at Cornell University – a contemporary and upscale hotel based inside the Cornell University campus in Ithaca
Elegance and comfort go side by side at this high-end hotel on the campus of Cornell University. Located less than a mile from the Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art, The Statler Hotel at Cornell University is a great option for those who want to be based near the airport.
Stylish rooms at this 4-star hotel are equipped with mini-fridges, coffee makers, and flat-screen TVs. Some rooms offer campus views, while suites feature sitting areas. Onsite dining options include an Italian restaurant with a sizable menu, a bar offering pub fare, and two smaller eateries.
With computer stations, business services, and a fitness center, The Statler Hotel at Cornell University is also one of the best business-friendly hotels in Ithaca.
Address: 130 Statler Dr, Ithaca, NY 14853, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
7. The Dorm Hotel – a cool and trendy laid-back boutique hotel housed in a clapboard house perfect for Millenials and Gen Zs
The Dorm Hotel is the epitome of austerity coexisting with urbanity. Offering a perfect home away from home, this laid-back hotel in a clapboard house has a mishmash of a college and homey vibe.
Conveniently situated on a residential street across from Cornell University Campus, the hotel features unfussy rooms with wood furnishings, flat-screen TVs, hardwood floors, and complimentary Wi-Fi. A furnished terrace, a self-pour bar, and a coin-operated laundry are among the communal areas.
Address: 518 Stewart Ave, Ithaca, NY 14850, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Dorm Hotel
8. Wine Country Inn II – a modern country-style holiday home that offers spacious rooms, ideal for large groups
With four traditionally decorated bedrooms, a spacious living room, and a fully equipped kitchen, Wine Country Inn II is one of the best vacation rentals near the downtown area.
Located less than three miles from Cornell University, the holiday home also features a furnished patio with river views. Just steps from the property are some excellent restaurants serving eclectic cuisine.
Address: Ithaca, NY 14850, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Wine Country Inn II
9. Lakeview – a rustic-chic holiday home that boasts a garden and a private beach area
A low-key holiday home featuring three well-appointed bedrooms, a fully functional kitchen, an adjoining area with seating for six, three bathrooms with hot tubs, a seating area, a gazebo, and a furnished patio.
East Shore Park and Sciencenter are within a 3-minute drive from the property. Guests can also engage in hiking and golf nearby.
Address: 847 Taughannock Blvd, Ithaca, NY 14850, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Lakeview
10. Firelight Camps – a cool and unique place to explore the glamping experience in sophisticated safari tents
Elevated camping and glamping experiences await you at Firelight Camps on Danby Road. Offering accommodation in safari tents amidst gorgeous gardens and coniferous trees, Firelight Camps is arguably the most unique lodging option in Ithaca.
Luxuriously appointed tents are fitted with plush beds, hardwood floors, and private porches with rocking chairs, work desks, and battery-powered lanterns.
Shared amenities include a lobby tent with a beverage station, a bocce ball court, a camp store, and outdoor lounge areas. A full continental breakfast is served in the lobby for free.
Address: 1150 Danby Rd, Ithaca, NY 14850, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Firelight Camps
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in The Finger Lakes
- Cool boutique hotels in Albany
- Cool boutique hotels in The Catskills
- Cool boutique hotels in Lake Placid
- Cool boutique hotels in Durham
- Cool boutique hotels in Charlottesville
- Cool boutique hotels in Williamsburg
- Cool boutique hotels in Galveston
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Hudson
Beth was born under a wandering star, with drama in her veins and ink in her pen. After stints studying theatre in Dublin and Utrecht she used her creative streak to see as much of the world as she could on as little money. She toured Italian Schools with a children’s theatre troop, lived as an au-pair in both Rome and Washington DC, explored the British countryside, worked her way through much of Europe, Salsa danced in Cuba and road tripped down America’s west coast where she discovered her spiritual home; Portland, Oregon. In between adventures she resides peacefully with her family, cats and ukulele.