Situated in the Austrian province of Tyrol, Kitzbuhel ranks among the world’s most fabulous skiing destinations and alpine towns. This idyllic alpine town offers a lot more than the rip-roaring Hahnenkamm ski race and the spell-binding scenery of the Alps.
This 13th-century mining town has a nostalgic medieval essence, and the old town quarters are endlessly fascinating with glorious churches, palaces, castles, and cathedrals. There’s much to do and explore, whether you seek mountainside serenity, authentic Tyrollean cuisine, retail therapy, or immersive cultural experiences.
Finding a centrally located hotel is important to make the most of your vacation, and Kitzbuhel offers a vibrant hospitality sector with refined boutique hotels, luxury resorts, and historic establishments. Our roundup will introduce you to the top 10 cool and unusual hotels in Kitzbuhel, Austria (in no particular order)…
1. Q! Hotel Maria Theresia – one of the most Instagrammable hotels in Kitzbuhel
Situated in the center of Kitzbuhel, the Q! Hotel Maria Theresia is a stone’s throw away from popular bars, restaurants, retail outlets, and the Hahnenkammbahn Cable Car. This urbane venue attracts travelers with its panoramic alpine scenery and upscale resort-like amenities.
Guests enjoy access to elegant lounging spaces, a world-class spa, and an onsite restaurant serving traditional Tyrolean flavors. The accommodations mimic the tranquil environment of their surroundings with undeniable grace, combining comfort and convenience in an indulgent blend.
The rooms and suites offer expansive floor-to-ceiling windows to soak up the mountain sun and enjoy the sweeping views. Travelers can book rejuvenating massages, beauty treatments, and wellness therapies at the in-house spa or take advantage of the free saunas.
- To book, check prices or availability for Q! Hotel Maria Theresia
2. SEEBICHL haus am see Designhotel Kitzbühel – a charming, trendy and cozy alpine hotel perfect for a relaxing break
A traditional chalet nestled near the Schwarzsee Lake, the SEEBICHL Haus am see Designhotel offers a cozy and warm setting to revel in the wilderness. This hotel offers proximity to the Hahnenkamm and Kitzbüheler Horn mountains, opening up an abundance of hiking trails and ski runs within walking distance.
The interiors are vibrant with a distinct countryside appeal, featuring knotty pine flooring, wooden furniture, and sprawling balconies to enjoy the scenery. Guests can find their match from 26 guest rooms, some overlooking the hillside while others perched above the lake.
The accommodations are sound-proofed and equipped with in-room appliances and high-speed internet to maximize comfort and convenience.
- To book, check prices or availability for SEEBICHL haus am see Designhotel Kitzbühel
3. Lebenberg Schlosshotel-Kitzbühel – a hip, refined and striking design hotel perfect for partying or relaxation
Weaved into a magical tapestry of snow-coated peaks and vibrant rooftops, the Lebenberg Schlosshotel stands tall and proud like an alpine palace.
Home to matchless luxury, the hotel welcomes travelers with remarkable apres-ski amenities and recreation, including a rooftop panorama pool, a sauna area and a fitness center.
The Lebenberg Schlosshotel is home to 150 rooms and suites with modern appliances and traditional accents. The unique location of this hotel positions travelers high above the roofs of Kitzbuhel, surrounded by unrestricted views of the slopes and valleys.
The onsite Lebenberg restaurant is a popular dining spot to treat oneself to authentic Austrian cuisine and continental specialties.
- To book, check prices or availability for Liebenberg Schlosshotel-Kitzbühel
4. ROSA Kitzbühel – a gorgeous, unique and upscale hotel surrounded by the majestic Tyrolean alps
ROSA Kitzbühel tempts travelers with its unparalleled surroundings, exceptional onsite spa, and the onsite Streif Restaurant – an epicurean’s paradise. This charming venue offers an all-inclusive resort-like experience without the pretentious frills of luxury hotels.
Vacationers can explore rooms featuring dreamlike panoramic views of the Hahnenkamm, the Wilder Kaiser and the Strief. The terrace offers unrestricted views of the valley, making ROSA the perfect retreat to immerse in the splendors of the Tyrolean mountains.
The onsite SPA-ROSA offers a myriad of beauty treatments, massages and therapies to promote relaxation. Guests have unrestricted access to the wellness area featuring a pool and saunas.
- To book, check prices or availability for ROSA Kitzbühel
5. Schwarzer Adler Kitzbühel – Adults Only – a hip and sophisticated upscale boutique hotel where pets are allowed
One of the finest boutique hotels in Kitzbühel’s vibrant town center, the Schwarzer Adler is an adults-only establishment nestled in a historic estate.
Established in 1844, this historic hotel has undergone multiple renovations to preserve its antiquated façade and modernize the living spaces to contemporary standards.
The hotel offers uniquely designed rooms and studios, two onsite restaurants, a 16-meter rooftop pool, and a luxury spa sprawling over three floors. The award-winning restaurant comprises four parlors: The Tiroler Stube, Stube Wilder Kaiser, the Hirschenstube, and the Kitz Stube.
Hotel Schwarzer Adler guarantees an unforgettable vacation with its lavish amenities and close proximity to the old town.
- To book, check prices or availability for Schwarzer Adler Kitzbühel – Adults Only
6. Alpenhotel Kitzbühel am Schwarzsee – 4 Sterne Superior – a trendy high-end chalet-style hotel that overlooks Lake Schwarz surrounded by mountains
Perched on the banks of Lake Schwarzsee, the Alpenhotel boasts an enchanting setting for nature enthusiasts to bask in tranquility. This newly constructed hotel offers beautifully adorned suites and accommodations in two adjoining venues and the Lakeside Lodge.
Many of the accommodations come with private gardens and lake access to enjoy leisurely strolls, lakeside picnics, and access to hidden trails. The rooms and suites are designed with traditional Tyrolean accents using natural materials, locally crafted wood, and fine textiles.
Guests have unrestricted access to the 1,300-square-meter wellness oasis featuring a heated infinity pool and lake sauna. The onsite restaurant, Das Steghaus, offers a creatively crafted a la carte menu of local delicacies and rare wines.
- To book, check prices or availability for Alpenhotel Kitzbühel am Schwarzsee – 4 Sterne Superior
7. Hotel Weißes Rössl – a cool and trendy hotel that offers modern amenities
Hotel Weisses Rössl is ideally located in the medieval-era old town quarters, within proximity to upscale boutiques, fine dining establishments, and cafes. Guests staying at the Weisses Rossl don’t have to commute far and wide, as the Hahnenkamm Lift is a few steps away from the hotel.
The rooms and suites have a unique architectural design featuring natural stones, aged oak wood, and galvanized steel. The sparsely furnished accommodations offer a carefully curated blend of modern comforts and luxuries with arresting views of the scenery and old town.
The onsite restaurant, Zuma, is the only authentic Japanese dining spot in the German-speaking region.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Weißes Rössl
8. ERIKA Boutiquehotel Kitzbühel – easily one of the coolest hotels to stay in Kitzbühel perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Tucked in the heart of Kitzbuhel, the ERIKA Boutiquehotel offers a romantic setting with an array of amenities to satisfy discerning travelers. This wellness-centric hotel is quite popular for its cozy and relaxing ambiance, festive décor, and central location.
Vacationers can find their ideal accommodation from a wide selection of double rooms and suites uniquely designed to offer contemporary comforts in a rejuvenating environment. The spacious suites are more suited to the accommodation needs of large groups and families.
The onsite wellness area and spa rank among the finest self-pampering spots in Kitzbuhel, delighting guests with an array of organic beauty treatments, massages, and exercise programs.
- To book, check prices or availability for ERIKA Boutiquehotel Kitzbühel
9. Grand Tirolia Kitzbühel – Member of Homage Luxury Hotels Collection – a stylish and peaceful hotel that provides rustic-chic decor and a peaceful setting where you can unplug and unwind
An impressive venue from the prestigious Homage Luxury Hotels Collection, the Grand Tirolia attracts cyclists, golfers, hikers, skiers, and nature lovers with its alpine setting and exceptional amenities.
This grand hotel serves as an ideally located alpine base for a plethora of summer and winter sports, serving vacationers all year round with highly personalized services. The expansive rooms and suites are adorned with rich tones of wood, leather, velvet, and fine textiles.
Guests typically begin their day with a scrumptious breakfast spread on private balconies overlooking the splendid scenery. They can begin their day’s adventure right outside the hotel and end the excitement with soothing massages or splash around in the indoor and outdoor pools.
- To book, check prices or availability for Grand Tirolia Kitzbühel – Member of Hommage Luxury Hotels Collection
10. Hotel Goldener Greif – a gorgeous hotel with a quirky-chic design ideal for a romantic stay
Etched against the stunning canopy of the snow-covered Alps, the Hotel Goldener Greif positions travelers right in the center of Kitzbuhel, surrounded by the finest restaurants, cultural sites, and historical landmarks. Guests enjoy easy access to Gamsstadt’s exclusive boutiques, popular mountain biking trails, and ski runs.
This old-fashioned establishment upholds traditional hospitality with a family-friendly environment that allows travelers to feel right at home. The interiors and living spaces feature beautiful murals, jewel-toned ornaments, hand-carved wooden furniture, and fine fabrics.
The guest rooms and suites come with marble-clad bathrooms, sprawling balconies, in-room appliances, and minibars. The wellness area offers Finnish saunas, Turkish steam baths, and a lounging area.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Goldener Greif
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Ischgl
- Cool boutique hotels in Mayrhofen
- Cool boutique hotels in Vienna
- Cool boutique hotels in St. Moritz
- Cool boutique hotels in Verbier
- Cool boutique hotels in Val d’Isere
- Cool boutique hotels in Zermatt
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Innsbruck
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Chamonix
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Interlaken
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Salzburg
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Lech
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website https://garynunn.co.uk/