Beautiful sandy beaches, lush foliage, and picturesque villages await globetrotters, wanderers, and vacationers in Kos, the second-most popular Dodecanese island. As a melting point of various foreign cultures, the harbour town of Kos attracts diverse tourist traffic.
Sunbathe on one of the many beautiful beaches, explore Eleftherias Square for gorgeous architecture, head to the East to soak in hot springs at Agios Fokas Beach, revel in the rustic charm of picture-perfect villages with whitewashed houses, take a jeep safari ride to Mountain Dikios or get your adrenaline pumping at the Aquatic Water Park.
Kos also boasts many amazing places to stay, from relaxed boutique hotels to trendy lavish resorts. Here are my top cool and unusual hotels in Kos, Greece (in no particular order)...
1. D’ Andrea Lagoon All Suites – Adults Only – a beautiful and ultra-chic place to stay in Kos where guests can be treated to the celebrity treatment
D’ Andrea Lagoon takes Kos’s luxury hotel scene to another level with its attractive location over the charming Marmari village, mountainous interior, and onsite culinary options. Here, you can witness unadulterated versions of both country charm and contemporary luxury.
At this hip hotel, you have a variety of lodging options to choose from, all of which are designed to meet the needs of finicky and affluent travellers. Flat-screen TVs, kettles, and spacious closets are some of the amenities you can enjoy in-room.
Onsite facilities include complimentary parking, a bar with an excellent liquor selection, a cozy restaurant, a shared lounge, and an outdoor pool.
Address: Marmari 853 00, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for D’ Andrea Lagoon All Suites – Adults Only
2. Mitsis Summer Palace Beach Hotel – a trendy, exquisite and very Instagrammable boutique resort perfect for influencers, Millenials and Gen Zs
Revel in the breathtaking 360-degree views of Nisyros Island, the Aegean Sea, and the bay of Kardamena at this ultra-inclusive resort located five miles from the Fortress of Antimachia.
Sumptuously decorated rooms offer minibars, satellite TVs, and coffee makers. Some rooms offer sea views, while family rooms come with additional bedrooms and outdoor spaces.
Complimentary perks include meals and drinks at the in-house restaurants, parking, and in-room Wi-Fi access.
Address: Kardamaina 853 02, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for Mitsis Summer Palace Beach Hotel
3. Michelangelo Resort & Spa – an ultra-modern minimalist design resort spa with the wow factor and stunning views
Escape downtown commotion at this idyllic beachfront resort located five miles from the famous Tree of Hippocrates and Neratzia Castle. Not many hotels in Kos can match the exceptional beachfront location and magnificent architectural design of Michelangelo Resort & Spa.
Opulently designed rooms have a broad range of high-end amenities, from sea-view balconies to smart TVs. The hotel’s culinary offerings include a casual eatery, a poolside restaurant, and three ritzy bars.
Address: Main Street, Agios Fokas, 85300, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for Michelangelo Resort & Spa
4. More Meni Residence & Suites – a creative, funky and fun boutique-style hotel perfect for those looking to relax or party
Bringing together an eclectic variety of amenities in one place, More Meni Residence & Suites stands as one of the best hotels in Kos.
Spacious rooms at the 4-star hotel are designed to fulfil both aesthetic and utilitarian purposes. You’ll have four types of accommodation options to choose from, including Junior Suite, Executive Suite, Deluxe Room, and Superior Room. Suites can sleep up to 4 people, while double rooms have a capacity for two.
Among the communal spaces are a terrace, a garden with BBQ facilities, and a lobby lounge. There’s also an onsite restaurant with an outstanding selection of international dishes.
Address: Tigaki, Tigaki, 85300, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for More Meni Residence & Suites
5. Lango Design Hotel & Spa, Adults Only – a stunning and very hip boutique hotel spa that offers a seasonal outdoor pool and a private beach area
With a private beach area, a sleek restaurant, and an all-inclusive spa, Lango Design Hotel & Spa is one of the best hotels near Lambi Beach. Located just across the road from the beach, the 5-star hotel is roughly two miles from the Archaeological Museum of Kos.
Commodious rooms feature minimalist decor with modern accents. In-room amenities include flat-screen TVs, mini-fridges, and patios or balconies. Suites offer advanced amenities, such as private pools, Jacuzzis, and sitting areas.
As the hotel overlooks the Aegean Sea, you can revel in the mesmerizing sea views from inside your room.
Address: Main Street, Tigkaki 853 00, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for Lango Design Hotel & Spa, Adults Only
6. More Meni Beach – a gorgeous and very Instagrammable boutique hotel located across the road from the sublime white sands of Tigaki beach
Perched along the north coast of Kos, More Meni Beach offers a unique insight into Greek hospitality with its Mediterranean-style exterior, high-end accommodations, and top-notch service.
Airy rooms at this 4-star hotel come equipped with private balconies or terraces, mini-fridges, flat-screen TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Select rooms offer sea views, while suites come with separate living areas.
Try Mediterranean food at the in-house restaurant, sip creative cocktails at the open-air bar, and go swimming in the outdoor pool while enjoying drinks from the poolside bar.
Address: Tigaki 853 00, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for More Meni Beach
7. White Rock of Kos Hotel – Adults only – a striking, chic and stylish resort perfect for a romantic getaway
Yet another adults-only hotel with upscale facilities, White Rock of Kos Hotel occupies a complex of cube-like buildings located about ten miles from Kos Airport.
Guests reside in modernly decorated suites with minibars, flat-screen TVs, sofas, rainfall showers in the bathroom, coffee makers, and verandas offering exquisite gulf views.
The hotel also boasts an elegant Mediterranean restaurant, a gym, an infinity pool, and a spa with a sauna and a hot tub.
Address: Kefalos 853 01, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for White Rock of Kos Hotel – Adults only
8. Diamond Boutique Hotel – a cool, unique and elegant design hotel set in a complex of cubist low-rise buildings
Set in a complex of low-rising buildings on Pamfylon Street, Diamond Boutique Hotel attracts vacationers with its understated elegance. The 3-star hotel is hardly a 14-minute walk from the nearest beach which means you’ll stay close to all the action.
Tradition coalesces with austerity in the rooms of this casual boutique hotel. However, there is no shortage of in-room amenities. From mini-fridges to private patios with garden views to coffee makers, guests enjoy a wide array of amenities.
While staying here, you’ll also enjoy some free perks, such as parking and a breakfast buffet served in an open-air setting. The boutique hotel also boasts a Mediterranean fusion restaurant, an outdoor pool with a kids’ section, a sundeck, and a poolside bar.
Address: Pamfylon Street, Kos 853 00, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for Diamond Boutique Hotel
9. Sunshine Hotel Tigaki – a cool and trendy hotel ideal for fun loving Millennials and Gen Zs
Situated about a mile from Hatziemmanouil Vineyards Winery, Sunshine Hotel Tigaki accommodates guests in marine-themed units with 32-inches flat-screen TV, direct dial phones, mini-fridges, electric kettles, and safety deposit boxes.
In addition to luxurious lodging, the 4-star hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool surrounded by sunbeds. By the pool area, you’ll also find a snack bar restaurant dishing out different meals.
The best part about staying here is that you’ll be within a 10-minute drive of many top attractions of Kos, including Muslim Shrine Lotzias and Antimachia Castle.
Address: Tigaki, Tigaki, 85300, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for Sunshine Hotel Tigaki
10. KOIA All – Suite Well Being Resort – Adults Only – a contemporary and chic boutique all-suite resort with private swimming pools
Located about four miles from the Tree of Hippocrates, KOIA All offers comfortable accommodation with complimentary parking, a fitness center, a business center, and a seasonal outdoor pool.
Warmly decorated suites feature fireplaces, safety deposit boxes, heated private pools, Jacuzzis, and/or private verandas.
The onsite restaurant serves authentic Greek cuisine with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options.
Address: Agios Fokas 1, Agios Fokas, 85300, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for KOIA All – Suite Well Being Resort – Adults Only
11. OKU Kos – a stunning boho style adult-only hotel based on a private beach along the Aegean Sea
A high-end hotel located on a private beach along the stunning Aegean Sea, about seven miles from Kos Airport.
Guests lodge in luxe rooms with rustic-chic decor and a broad array of amenities, including minibars, coffee makers, and smart TVs. All rooms come with terraces, some of which are rooftops with sweeping sea views.
Standard suites have separate living rooms with pull-out sofas and shared pools with swim-up terraces. Guests quartered in upgraded suites or villas have access to private pools.
OKU Kos also features a farm-to-table restaurant, indoor and outdoor pools, a gym, and a spa.
Address: OKU Kos, Sikamini, Marmari, Kos, 85, 853 00, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for OKU Hotel Kos
12. Diamond Deluxe Hotel – Adults Only – an intimate oasis of style and great design that offers great facilities including an indoor pool with water jets and hydromassage
Showcasing luxury living with premium amenities, Diamond Deluxe Hotel is the ultimate choice for elite couples visiting Kos. It is set on an expansive property across the street from Lambi Beach, about 14 miles from Kos International Airport.
Brightly decorated rooms at the 5-star hotel include flat-screen TVs, tea and coffee makers, jet showers in the bathrooms, whirlpool tubs, and balconies. Suites come with private pools and living areas, while duplex apartments offer pull-out sofas.
Onsite dining options include two stylish restaurants and three bars. The hotel also caters to the relaxation needs of its guests with an indoor pool, an outdoor pool, and a chic spa.
Address: Nea Alikarnassos Lambi, Kos 853 00, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for Diamond Deluxe Hotel – Adults Only
13. Theros All Suite Hotel – Adults Only – a chic and modern beachfront hotel that offers homely beautifully designed rooms
Offering a simpler, meaningful, and sustainable concept of slow living, Theros All-Suite Hotel is where rusticity becomes luxury. Warmly decorated rooms are outfitted with minibars, work desks, coffee machines, safety deposit boxes, flat-screen TVs, and patios with sea views.
The adults-only hotel also offers an outdoor swimming pool, a communal garden, a shared lounge, and a fitness center. While staying here, you’ll be within a 20-minute drive of Antimachia Castle.
Address: Lambi, Kos Town, 85300, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for Theros All Suite Hotel – Adults Only
14. Dimitra Beach Hotel & Suites – a cool, sleek and trendy all-inclusive resort located in the popular Agios Fokas village of Kos
Surrounded by lush gardens, Dimitra Beach Hotel & Suites invites nature lovers to immerse themselves in the magnificence of the Aegean Sea. Set on a 16-hectare estate near the beach, the 5-star hotel provides perhaps the most luxurious vacationing experience in Kos.
Tasteful rooms feature minimalist decor with sleek furnishings. Among the amenities available in-room are coffee makers, flat-screen TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Suites and bungalows come with extra bedrooms and kitchenettes.
Two casual eateries, an Italian restaurant, six pools, a hot tub, and a private beach are available onsite.
Address: Agios Fokas, Agios Fokas, 85300, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for Dimitra Beach Hotel & Suites
15. Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel & Spa, Adults Only- Small Luxury Hotels of the World – a refined and wow-inducing upscale hotel with an onsite wellness centre
This high-end hotel opposite Lambi Beach may be an ideal place to stay if you want easy access to downtown Kos.
Stylish rooms at Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel + Spa have floor-to-ceiling windows with mesmerizing views of the Mediterranean sea. Each suite comes with a flat-screen TV, a minibar, and a sitting area. Upgraded units offer living rooms, fireplaces, private pools, and/or whirlpool tubs.
Freebies include beach sun loungers, breakfast, and parking. There’s also a polished restaurant, an outdoor pool, a poolside bar, and a candlelit spa.
Address: Ephelondon Paleon Polemiston Lambi Beach, Kos 853 00, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel & Spa, Adults Only- Small Luxury Hotels of the World
16. Astir Odysseus Kos Resort and Spa – a gorgeous waterfront resort spa where guests can relax their minds and bodies
Astir Odysseus Kos Resort and Spa is an ideal base for history buffs who want to stay close to all the action. The high-end resort is about three miles from both the ancient Asklepion Kos healing temple and the downtown district, making it perfect for people who want to explore both sides of the island.
Vibrant rooms at the 5-star hotel are equipped with flat-screen TVs, minibars, coffee makers, and balconies with sea views. Suites come with living areas, while bi-level suites offer semi-private pools and/or direct pool access.
Freebies include dinner and breakfast. The onsite culinary scene comprises three restaurants and three bars. There are five outdoor pools and one indoor pool for avid swimmers.
Address: Main Street, Tigkaki 853 00, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for Astir Odysseus Kos Resort and Spa
17. Triton Boutique Hotel – a sophisticated and relaxed hotel that is within walking distance from the seaside promenade
Welcoming guests to an all-inclusive holiday experience, Triton Boutique Hotel perches across the street from the seaside esplanade on the shores of the exquisite Aegean Sea. The 3-star hotel is an 8-minute walk from the Archaeological Museum of Kos.
Relaxed rooms offer a jaw-dropping display of modern minimalism. Each room is outfitted with a balcony, a minibar, and a cable TV. Some rooms also feature separate living rooms and sea views.
The onsite restaurant dishes out Italian classics in a refined setting. You can also have your meals on the patio while enjoying stunning sea views.
Address: Vasileos Georgiou V’ 1, Kos 853 00, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for Triton Boutique Hotel
18. Peridis Family Resort – a one-of-a-kind family resort that is the only one in Kos located inside the capital of the island
If you’re visiting Kos for its historical attractions, Peridis Family Resort may be a great place to stay. The sophisticated hotel has a Mediterranean-inspired stucco facade and a minimalist interior with traditional decor and furnishings.
The 5-star hotel is about two miles from Lambi Beach, with the Western Archaeological Zone reachable within a 15-minute walk.
Genteel rooms and apartments are fitted with kitchenettes and private balconies or terraces. Complimentary Wi-Fi and satellite TV are available in all units, while some rooms also feature whirlpool tubs.
The refined hotel is also home to an airy restaurant with a terrace, a bar, three outdoor pools, a hot tub, a spa, a tennis court, and a fitness room.
Address: Makrigianni & Hatzivassiliou str. GR- 853 00 Kos Town, Kos 853 00, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for Peridis Family Resort
19. E-GEO Easy Living Resort – a modern family-friendly resort offering a great range of activities
If you want to enjoy homey comfort with resort amenities, there is no place better than E-GEO Easy Living Resort. The deluxe resort is literally steps from Marmari Beach, with Kos Castle accessible within a 15-minute drive.
The 4-star hotel offers a range of accommodation options, from standard rooms with garden views to family rooms with pool views to deluxe suites with sea views.
Fine gastronomy awaits epicures at the onsite restaurant serving Greek, Mediterranean, and American cuisines with vegan, vegetarian, and dairy-free options.
Address: Greece, Marmari, 85300, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for E-GEO Easy Living Resort
20. Kos Aktis Art Hotel – a minimalist beachfront hotel located in the most privileged, historical and commercial location on Kos Island
If you are looking for beachfront accommodation in the heart of Kos, look no further than Kos Aktis Art Hotel. From fine dining to complimentary parking to room service, you can enjoy all upscale amenities at this 4-star hotel.
Rooms feature an interesting combination of minimalism and luxury. Minibars, safes, LED TVs, coffee makers, and private balconies are available in all rooms, while suites also have living areas.
There’s also a gym for fitness freaks and a private beach for your ultimate relaxation.
Address: Vasileos Georgiou V’, Kos 853 00, Greece
- To book, check prices or availability for Kos Aktis Art Hotel
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Crete
- Cool boutique hotels in Santorini
- Cool boutique hotels in Corfu
- Cool boutique hotels in Mykonos
- Cool boutique hotels in Athens
- Cool boutique hotels in Zakynthos
- Cool boutique hotels in Ibiza
- Cool boutique hotels in Majorca
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Kos
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Rhodes
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Kefalonia
Born and raised in Brazil, Gaby has always had a taste for the intriguing, the off-beat and the far flung. After travelling around most of South America, living in Spain and Italy and then moving to England, her feet have stayed continually twitchy. Studying for a degree in Spanish translation and then learning five more languages only poured more fuel onto her travelling ardor.
Gaby likes nothing better than discovering new destinations and meeting the locals, tasting the cuisine and hearing about the local stories. Her other indulgences include French cinema, boxing, photography, colourful manicures and soaking up the rays on a sun-infused beach. She counts Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon and Cornwall as her most favourite places in the world.