Visitors flock to the small but iconic bohemian beach town for its gorgeous beaches, beautiful residents, awesome art galleries and endless sunshine (281 sunny days per year on average).
Take a trip to Southern California’s premier coastal destination and find yourself surrounded by hidden coves, sparkling ocean waves and majestic canyons, and indulge in water sports, hiking, biking, shopping or just relaxing on the beach. Now find an equally gorgeous place to stay. From stunning intimate boutiques and inns to chic and modern, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Laguna Beach, California (in no particular order, they’re all awesome)...
1. Montage Laguna Beach – one of the most Instagrammable hotels in Laguna beach perfect for partying Millenials and Gen Zs
One of the coolest hotels in Laguna Beach is a luxe spa resort set on a coastal bluff above the Pacific. Montage Laguna Beach is an exquisite hotel spanning 30 acres along the South Coastal Highway, less than 3 miles from Laguna Beach.
The artful rooms of the 5-star hotel feature dark-wood furniture, marble bathrooms with tubs, and private balconies offering ocean views. Suites and beachfront villas are also available.
The contemporary hotel has an impressive spa with 21 treatment rooms. Other on-site amenities include three pools including an oceanfront pool with cabanas, a high-end eatery with a terrace grill, meeting and event spaces, and fine-art shops.
Address: 30801 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Montage Laguna Beach
2. Hotel Joaquin – a cool, hip and trendy upscale hotel that offers a private beach and stunning sunsets
Located between the Pacific Ocean and the San Joaquin Hills, Hotel Joaquin is an attractive resort featuring individually-styled rooms with vaulted ceilings, painted tiles in the bathroom, and stone vanities.
Each room has been assigned a unique name that reflects its unique design.
Patios and balconies are available in some rooms but all rooms offer views of the ocean and hills. The trendy, adults-only hotel has a refined, airy eatery with a bohemian decor and an outdoor dining area. A bar and a chic outdoor pool are also available.
Address: 985 N Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Joaquin
3. Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa – a hip and stylish boutique hotel surrounded by an exquisitely landscaped hillside that overlooks the Pacific Ocean
Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa is another cool hotel located on a terraced hill along the Pacific Coast Highway. Built in the early 1900s, the Spanish-style hotel is about a mile from Victoria Beach. The most unusual feature of the modern hotel is its Moorish interior.
All rooms are decorated with custom-print fabrics and terra cotta elements. In-room amenities include flatscreen TVs, free Wi-Fi, minifridges, and fireplaces.
Some rooms offer ocean views and upgraded rooms and suites come with whirlpool tubs. An on-site heated outdoor pool and a spa with a hot tub are also available.
Address: 2510 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa
4. Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach – a hip and creative upscale boutique hotel that is within walking distance from the beach
Located within walking distance of Laguna Art Museum and Heisler Park, Pacific Edge Hotel offers individually-styled rooms with a wide range of amenities, including minifridges, free Wi-Fi, microwave, coffee maker, and balconies.
Suites come with advanced amenities like wet bars. Apartments add separate living and dining areas and well-equipped kitchenettes.
The modern boutique hotel features two outdoor pools, an open-air beachfront restaurant, a lounge, a hot tub, and a meeting space. They also provide complimentary beach gear.
Address: 647 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach
5. Laguna Beach House – the perfect fun, hip and upbeat place to stay where guests can immerse into the cool Southern California Surf Culture
A Mediterranean-style, boutique hotel located less than a mile from Main Beach. The 3-star hotel is a 4-minute walk from Heisler Park, a beach area with rocky shores, sculptures, and tide pools.
Laguna Beach House offers polished rooms with minifridges, coffee makers, flatscreen TVs, and free Wi-Fi. Some rooms have balconies offering ocean views.
Complimentary amenities include nightly wine socials, coffee and croissants in the morning, and milk and cookies before bed. The hotel also features a heated outdoor pool, a hot tub, and meeting spaces.
Address: 475 N Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Laguna Beach House
6. Surf and Sand Resort – a contemporary designer upscale haven where guests will have the ultimate relaxation experience
A hip luxury, beachfront resort located a mile from Main Beach Park. Surf and Sand Resort offers breezy, refined rooms with ocean views, marble baths, luxury comforters, flat-screen TVs, and iPod docks.
One- and two-bedroom suites with Jacuzzis and balconies or sundecks with hardwood floors and fireplaces.
On-site amenities include a sophisticated eatery overlooking the ocean, a hip cocktail lounge with an outdoor patio and fire pits, a casual cafe, a seaside pool, a gym, and an upscale spa with eight treatment rooms.
Address: 1555 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Surf and Sand Resort
7. The Ranch at Laguna Beach – a charming and quirky-chic resort embraced in the heart of coastal Orange County
A lavish resort stretching across eight acres of grounds with canyons, a garden, and a creek.
Located just off the Coast Highway less than a mile from Alison Beach Park, The Ranch at Laguna Beach offers upscale accommodation with a broad range of facilities including flatscreen TVs, free Wi-Fi, minifridges, and coffee makers.
Suites come with advanced amenities like patios and balconies with picturesque views. Two-story cottages and two-bedroom treehouses with kitchenettes are also available.
The 5-star hotel also features a classy restaurant with outdoor dining, a golf course, an outdoor pool, a poolside bar, a hot tub, and a luxe spa.
Address: 31106 Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Ranch at Laguna Beach
8. Seaside Laguna Inn & Suites – an ultra-creative and charming boutique hotel that provides great facilities
Seaside Laguna Inn & Suites is a unique, small boutique hotel, located off South Coast Highway. The rustic hotel is a 10-minute walk from downtown Laguna Beach.
If you are looking for a homelike atmosphere, then the Seaside Laguna Inn & Suites is a great option.
The hotel offers simple rooms with modern decor and all basic amenities, such as air-conditioning, flatscreen TVs, and free Wi-Fi. Some rooms add minifridges and balconies with ocean views. Suites come with advanced amenities like kitchenettes.
Address: 1661 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Seaside Laguna Inn & Suites
9. Inn at Laguna Beach – a fun and welcoming inn to stay in Laguna Beach perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Located off the North Pacific Coast Highway, Inn at Laguna Beach is one of the best boutique hotels in the city. It is within walking distance of Main Beach Park, a beachfront park offering many exciting activities.
The bungalow-style rooms of the cute hotel feature many upscale amenities including balconies with ocean views, plantation shutters, pillow-top beds, minifridges, and flatscreen TVs.
The daily wine reception in the lobby or on the rooftop terrace is complimentary to all guests staying at the hotel. The rooftop terrace has a hip bar and offers breathtaking views. You can also order pool from a nearby Mexican restaurant.
Address: 211 N Pacific Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Inn at Laguna Beach
10. Pacific Edge Oceanfront Hotel – a unique beachfront hotel that welcomes pets
A deluxe beachfront hotel featuring airy, modern, and well-designed rooms with a variety of upscale amenities including free Wi-Fi, minifridges, and balconies overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
Suites have wet bars, while apartments come with fully functional kitchenettes and separate living and dining areas.
There are two outdoor pools, a hot tub, an open-air beachfront restaurant, a lounge, and a meeting space. It’s one of the most Instagrammable hotels in Laguna Beach.
Address: 647 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Pacific Edge Oceanfront hotel
11. Laguna Beach Lodge – a hip quirky – chic hotel that is close to the famed Treasure Island Beach
A rustic-chic hotel located within walking distance of Treasure Island Beach and a few miles from Heisler Park. Laguna Beach Lodge has a laid-back ambience and features an unassuming interior.
The low-key rooms of the boutique hotel have all basic amenities including free Wi-Fi, microwaves, and minifridges. Some rooms feature ceilings with exposed beams.
Children under the age of 18 can stay free with an adult. On-site amenities include a business center and an outdoor heated pool.
Address: 30806 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Laguna Beach Lodge
12. Capri Laguna on the Beach – a trendy boutique hotel that features Mediterranean roots
Located just off the South Coast Highway, Capri Laguna on the Beach is a relaxed hotel overlooking the ocean.
The charming boutique hotel offers bright, modern, and well-ventilated rooms with a range of amenities including minifridges, microwaves, and free Wi-Fi. Suites have whirlpool tubs and sitting areas.
Parking and breakfast are complimentary for all guests. A year-round outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a sun terrace are also available.
Address: 1441 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Capri Laguna on the Beach
13. SCP Seven4One Hotel – an eco-contemporary boutique hotel that is steps away from popular attractions
An eco-contemporary boutique hotel with ten airy and well-appointed guest rooms and two ocean-view suites. SCP Seven4One Hotel beautifully combines minimalism with comfort. All basic in-room amenities are available including air-conditioning, minifridges, and free Wi-Fi.
The 4-star hotel provides easy access to great art galleries, restaurants, and bars. The hotel is also available for private getaways.
Address: 741 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for SCP Seven4One Hotel
14. La Casa Del Camino – a beautiful historic hotel that features invigorated Spanish-style guest rooms with hand-carved furnishings
La Casa Del Camino is a Mediterranean villa-style boutique hotel featuring wacky rooms with Spanish-style or surf-themed furniture and all basic amenities like flatscreen TVs, free Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, and mini-fridges.
An on-site quaint house is also available for weekly rentals.
The resort fee includes a breakfast buffet, parking, and access to a nearby fitness center. There’s a cozy bistro/bar dishing out classic Mediterranean dishes and a rooftop lounge offering spectacular views of the ocean. Beach chairs, towels, and umbrellas are also available.
The popular hotel provides easy access to downtown Laguna and Disneyland® Resort.
Address: 1289 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for La Casa Del Camino
15. Laguna Dreams – a tropical beachfront holiday home ideal for large groups and long stays
Situated by the ocean, Laguna Dreams is vacation home featuring three well-appointed bedrooms, three bathrooms, a fully functional kitchen, a dining area, and a patio with ocean views.
One bedroom has two single beds, one has a large double bed, and one has an extra-large double bed. The vacation rental can sleep up to 8 people.
The living area has ample space for relaxation and a queen sleeper sofa. The pet-friendly vacation home also has an indoor pool. If you want the amenities of a 5-star hotel with homey comfort, no place can be better than Laguna Dreams.
You will love the homey ambience of this vacation rental. It is located within walking distance of Laguna Art Museum, Heisler Park, Top of the World Laguna Beach, and Treasure Island Park Laguna Beach.
Address: Laguna Beach, 92651, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Laguna Dreams
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Los Angeles
- Cool boutique hotels in Santa Monica
- Cool boutique hotels in San Diego
- Cool boutique hotels in Malibu
- Cool boutique hotels in Santa Barbara
- Cool boutique hotels in Pismo Beach
- Cool boutique hotels in Carmel
- Cool boutique hotels in Napa Valley
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Huntington Beach
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.