Lake Garda, Italy’s largest lake, is famed for its postcard-worthy mountain surrounds, its cobalt blue waters, and the picturesque towns that frame it. It is a place where you can truly escape from the frenetic pace of modern life, and experience some of Europe’s most adventurous hikes and jaw-dropping vistas.
Whether you go to seek solace in the tranquillity of its serene waters, or become invigorated by its many outdoor activity offerings, Lake Garda will inspire you with the pinnacle of natural beauty.
Nestled within endless vegetation around the water, a stunning accommodation scene provides an opportunity for you to immerse yourself in Lake Garda’s majesty. Ranging from thermal spa boutiques to enchanting lakefront mansions, here are my favourite cool and unusual hotels around Lake Garda, Italy (in no particular order)…
1. Aqualux Hotel Spa & Suite – a cool, eco-friendly, hip and creative hotel with the wow factor perfect for Instagrammers or couples
This elegant eco-conscious hotel lies a few steps from the Veronese shore of Lake Garda, and is a place linked to the essential elements of the earth.
The in-house wellness centre consists of a large relaxation area, three saunas, a Turkish bath, a caldarium, and an exclusive Private Spa. It is a 1000 m2 oasis dedicated to the essence of well-being and beauty, and has earned a great reputation among the Lake Garda Spa Hotel scene.
The immense courtyard and the eight natural mineral water pools provided me with endless moments of relaxation during my stay, and the food in the restaurant was a true journey of the senses.
- To book, check prices or availability for Aqualux Hotel Spa & Suite
2. EALA My Lakeside Dream – Adults Friendly – a trendy, hip and wow-inducing hotel perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
This paradisiacal sanctuary on the shores of Lake Garda fosters the absolute well-being of body, mind and soul. The hotel owes its name to the swan (EELA in Celtic), the graceful animal that has always lived on the lake, and carries numerous symbolic meanings which embody inner beauty.
The hotel inspires a true journey of discovery, through elegant suites, a 1500 m2 spa, and a private beach. Its philosophy is about bringing a haven of peace and tranquillity to the discerning traveller, in a way that respects the territory and the environment.
This translates to exceptional dining, a bespoke service, and trendsetting, eco-friendly facilities.
- To book, check prices or availability for EALA My Lakeside Dream – Adults Friendly
3. HOODY ACTIVE & HAPPINESS HOTEL – a cool, hip, new and modern accommodation with a youthful and fun vibe perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Every day around Lake Garda is action-packed, adventure-filled, yet blissfully relaxing. With HOODY, the experience also continues into the hotel, with a wide range of services designed to make your holiday special.
A combination of high-energy sports, luxuriant nature, a bespoke service, and cutting-edge facilities make HOODY one of the most spectacular hotels I have visited around Lake Garda.
After embracing the hotel’s vibrant energy, you can find the tranquillity needed to relax and recuperate in one of the intimate guestrooms, with solutions designed to enhance rest. The sunrises and sunsets from the panoramic rooftop Jacuzzi terrace were simply majestic!
- To book, check prices or availability for HOODY ACTIVE & HAPPINESS HOTEL
4. Lefay Resort & Spa Lago Di Garda – a chic, modern and Instaworthy award-winning resort ideal for a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation
Carved into the mountainside above Lake Garda, Lefay Resort is immersed in 27 acres of land surrounded by woods and olive groves. The building, with rows of stone pillars supported by wooden beams, takes inspiration from the tiered lemon houses of the lake.
The award-winning spa is one of the best in Italy and is blessed with large floor-to-ceiling windows that offer panoramic lake views.
I thought the treatments here were exceptional, combining classical Chinese rituals with specialist therapeutic methods. The rooms are decorated in natural tones which blend in seamlessly with the mountains and the lake, and feature lots of local materials.
- To book, check prices or availability for Lefay Resort & Spa Lago Di Garda
5. Hotel Villa Enrica – a cool, newly renovated, unique and contemporary boutique hotel steps away from the lakeside beach
Stylish, intimate, and immaculate, this four-star boutique offers an oasis of calmness and luxury. From the floral-inspired tapestries to the elegant rooftop Jacuzzi area, every detail has been carefully designed to radiate Lake Garda’s majesty.
In a modern interpretation of Garda’s culinary traditions, the on-site restaurant provides mouth-watering cuisine infused with the flavours and aromas of the region.
We booked out the wellness centre for two hours, which enhanced the soothing tone of our vacation. Here, you will find a Finnish sauna, a steam bath, an experience shower, an ice waterfall, and relaxation areas, among many more trailblazing facilities.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Villa Enrica
6. Cape of Senses – a new, trendy and very Instagrammable upscale hotel where guests can experience a magical sunset going down over the lake
This is one of Lake Garda’s most captivating five-star hotels. Set before uninterrupted lake-meets-mountain views, you really don’t have to go far to experience this beautiful region to the fullest.
Inside you will find that every detail has been immaculately designed to emanate intimacy, elegance, and chic glamour. You can soak up the panoramic views from your own bathtub, private living space, or from many of the open-air communal spaces. This includes the jaw-dropping restaurant, which has an authentic, peaceful atmosphere.
My favourite experience here, without a doubt, was watching the sun go down over Torri and Lake garda each evening.
- To book, check prices or availability for Cape of Senses
7. Hotel Ocelle Thermae&Spa (Adults Only) – a stylish, romantic and intimate boutique design hotel providing guests with exclusive access to a private beach
Located in the beautiful Sirmione peninsula, this eclectic hotel offers guests a unique, refined and exclusive vacation setting. The staff were incredibly hospitable and offered us a helping hand in organizing memorable excursions.
The wood-clad interiors radiate warmth and intimacy, and the guestrooms are graced by decorative objects and smooth, clean lines.
Our private balcony provided us with endless moments of beauty, as we dined in our own secluded cocoon with uninterrupted panoramic views of Lake Garda. The on-site thermal spa is the perfect solution you need to harmonize mind, body, and soul, while regaining energy and vitality.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Ocelle Thermae&Spa (Adults Only)
8. GoTì Hotel – a vibrant, funky and fun boutique-style hotel with hip features located in the heart of Torbole
I thought this hotel embodied the true essence of vacation. It is a quaint and peaceful abode which invites you to fully surrender to the rhythms of lake life, and offers a handful of first-rate offerings to guide you to a state of peacefulness.
Besides experiencing bliss in the relaxing spa facilities, you can embrace your inner vitality through a wide range of outdoor activities.
These can all be arranged by the staff. Inside, the elegant lines, minimalist setting, and natural furnishings exude boutique-style comfort, while on the charming rooftop, a jetted Jacuzzi awaits in a breathtaking mountain backdrop.
- To book, check prices or availability for GoTì Hotel
9. Splendido Bay Luxury Spa Resort – a romantic, unique and modern resort offering guests three on-site restaurants, an international buffet breakfast and an array of local wines
Welcoming guests to a unique setting of refined elegance and splendour, Splendido Bay is a brand-new luxury concept hotel designed to satisfy every sense.
Its pristine location overlooking the lake provides endless views to accompany you as you savour an evening cocktail. Whether you choose to engage in outdoor activities, relax, or soothe the soul in a state-of-the-art spa, this luxury resort will exceed your expectations with its tailored service.
From quick snacks to gourmet cuisine, the choice and types of menus offered on-site surprised me and totally enriched my stay. The shimmering outdoor pool is a cool place to hang-out and is sprinkled with all-white, lavish poolside cabanas.
- To book, check prices or availability for Splendido Bay Luxury Spa Resort
10. Sunset Residence – beautiful, contemporary and stylish aparthotel accommodation well equipped for a memorable stay
Sunset Residence offers a discreet welcome to one of the most evocative stretches of water in the world, and impresses its visitors with many unique activities and facilities.
Full of cultural charm, the hotel completely immerses you in the lake’s peaceful energy, and the terrace pool provides one of its most stunning vantage points.
As a fan of trekking, I was totally in my element here, with countless trails nearby where I could get lost in the midst of enchanting scenery. All of the hotel’s interior spaces were designed down to the smallest detail where stone, wood, and glass meet the beauty of nature.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sunset Residence
11. Agriturismo Moscatello – a charming, beautiful and unique accommodation situated in over 70-acres of vineyards and cornfields
Welcoming guests with a host of indulgent packages, Agriturismo Moscatello provides the perfect location to create life-lasting memories around Lake Garda.
Each room has its own character, set by its individual colours, furniture, and style, yet they all maintain the same high standards. There were plenty of design objects and contemporary paintings in mine! Located on the ground floor, the rooms and apartments come with private verandas for relaxing and overlooking the hills.
The Muliner Restaurant offers the simple and genuine flavours of the traditional Italian kitchen, within the peace of the countryside. A true sensory journey awaits in the on-site spa, which is immersed in the atmosphere of the Morainic Hills.
- To book, check prices or availability for Agriturismo Moscatello
12. Hotel Lago Di Garda – a creative, cool and trendy hotel in a location perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Nestled in the centre of Torbole, this historic hotel has been renovated to emanate a young and friendly atmosphere, and capitalize on its enchanting lake views.
A modern design, uncompromising comfort, and top-of-the-range wellness facilities come together in the brand-new spa, which is the ideal place to rejuvenate body and mind. Ambient tones, vivid colours, and soft natural hues dress the hotel’s interiors, further perpetuating the graceful tone set by the rooftop terrace and the many open-air communal spaces.
I thought the restaurant was top-notch, and dinner here was certainly a lavish affair, with attentive dishes served that reflect local, seasonal recipes.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Lago Di Garda
13. Madrigale Panoramic&Lifestyle Hotel – a bright, themed and elegant hotel with a hilltop location, surrounded by breathtaking landscape and stunning views
Set in Costermano, an ancient village that rises up like a terrace above Lake Garda, Madrigale Panoramic & Lifestyle Hotel is nestled amid rolling hills and surrounded by a fresh Mediterranean atmosphere.
During my stay I was able to dedicate time to enjoying outdoor sports, and savour gourmet dinners while gazing at the lights of the Riviera. Owing to its enchanting natural setting, this majestic property is also many people’s first choice for a golfing holiday, with ten well-known courses dotted around the vicinity.
The guestrooms, backdropped by the lake, are draped in soft natural hues and exude chic sophistication.
- To book, check prices or availability for Madrigale Panoramic&Lifestyle Hotel
14. Corte Regia Relais & Spa – an intimate, stunning and unique boutique hotel perfect for a couple’s romantic getaway
Rediscover the pleasures of life at this intimate romantic getaway, located a stone’s throw from the lake in the picturesque village of Borghetto di Valeggio sul Mincio.
The courtyard centres around a beautiful infinity pool which presents guests with an unspoiled natural setting, as well as many cosy spots to hang out. The interiors gave me a true insight into the region’s architectural traditions, and provided a tone of opulence during my stay.
Graced by the legendary waters of the River Mincio, the hotel’s spa offers a luxury environment where you can embrace a first-class wellness experience. Additionally, you can savour delicious light lunches and artisan desserts on-site, and dine in a secluded postcard-worthy lake backdrop.
- To book, check prices or availability for Corte Regia Relais & Spa
15. Lake Front Hotel Mirage – a bright, designer boutique style accommodation within walking distance of the town centre
Comfort and design harmonize at this luxury boutique hotel, which offers Garda’s most majestic sun terrace. It is here you will find a modern swimming pool dotted by sun loungers, inviting you to revel in the surrounding greenery.
From tucking into a delectable breakfast, to returning for the sunset and soaking up the hotel’s night vibe, your entire stay here will be characterized by elegance, tranquillity, and vitality.
The wellness centre offers custom-made rituals with a huge dose of exclusivity, and I thought the facilities here were unbeatable. On-site, I hired a bike for the duration of my stay, which made exploring the lush environs of Lake Garda extremely easy and enjoyable.
- To book, check prices or availability for Lake Front Hotel Mirage
16. Parc Hotel Flora – a quirky, charming and petite accommodation with picturesque views overlooking both the mountains and lake
Brimming with vegetation and lush manicured lawns, Parc Hotel Flora is the perfect sanctuary for reconnecting with nature. The garden is a small botanical park of typical Mediterranean plants, and the outdoor pool is surrounded by beautiful greenery.
From here, you can reach the beautiful shores of Lake Garda within 50 metres. My favourite spot was arguably the terrace, which overlooks the gardens as well as the azure lake.
The entire property is decorated to exude intimacy, with quirky pops of nature setting a peaceful scene. As a guest, you can experience ancient therapy treatments in the wellness centre, or discover a serene state of bliss in the spa.
- To book, check prices or availability for Parc Hotel Flora
17. Hotel Vinci – a contemporary, eco-friendly and chic accommodation featuring a lavish spa and wellness area
Providing private lake access, here we have a newly built sun-kissed retreat, offering a feel-good atmosphere and a place for complete relaxation.
Vinci is perfectly situated for guests to take trips to wineries, rent boats, or embark on ferry excursions across the lake. Its location also makes it easy to explore the lake’s beautiful environs on foot. The hotel embodies an eco-friendly ethos, and thoughtful details bring the essence of nature into each space.
My guestroom was characterized by plush linens, bountiful natural light, hardwoods, and warm colours that combine to create a cosy, elegant ambiance. On-site you will also discover tremendous spa facilities which include a steam room, a sauna, a Turkish bath, sensory showers, and a salt room.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Vinci
18. PRADA’ Home Eco Suites – elegant, contemporary and spacious accommodation moments away from the lake, wine museum and Lido Mirabello
Set in a very quiet position only 100 metres from the lake, a stay at Prada means you can revel in awe-inspiring views from a variety of spaces.
After my warm and friendly welcome, I checked into a bright and spacious room, which was luxuriously furnished and came with a charming private terrace.
You can also opt for a suite, which will be equipped with a separate living room. The property is surrounded by lush manicured lawns, making for a peaceful pre-dinner stroll. The glamorous outdoor pool beckons travellers to a picture-perfect setting in the backdrop of the lake, where you can witness a once-in-a-lifetime sunset.
- To book, check prices or availability for PRADA’ Home Eco Suites
19. Hotel Desenzano – a spacious, newly renovated and modern accommodation where guests have the luxury of a swimming pool and rooftop terrace
Situated just a few steps from the historic centre of Desenzano del Garda, this trendy hotel caters to outdoor adventurists, jetsetters, and those in pursuit of a romantic retreat.
The territory surrounding the hotel offers many cycling paths, hiking routes, and exceptional viewpoints out across the lake. I booked one of the business rooms, which was decked out with all the mod cons I needed to combine work and leisure, and the décor was smooth and elegant.
The Technogym boasts state-of-the-art equipment, and the open-air spaces such as the rooftop and pool area add a dash of glamour to your stay.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Desenzano
20. Vip’s Motel Luxury Accommodation & Spa – a classic, quirky and themed accommodation where guests can enjoy a delicious complimentary breakfast each morning
Refined, exclusive, and romantic, Vip’s Motel invites guests to relish a historic charm, with period elements and antique furniture lining the interiors.
Meanwhile, the brightness of the colours and the intimacy of the spaces contrast the traditional architecture with a modern feel. A romantic vibe is ever present at night, where ambient lights set a gentle tone, and the greenery that surrounds pool area provides the soothing sounds of nature.
I thought my room was the ultimate cocoon, and it came with a colourful lighting system, a cosy seating area, and plush linens. This was complemented by state-of-the-art amenities like the SKY-equipped LCD TV.
- To book, check prices or availability for Vip’s Motel Luxury Accommodation & Spa
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Lake Como
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Tuscany
- Cool boutique hotels in Milan
- Cool boutique hotels in Venice
- Cool boutique hotels in Rome
- Cool boutique hotels in Amalfi Coast
- Cool boutique hotels in Siena
- Cool boutique hotels in Pisa
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Genoa
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Verona
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Florence
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Capri
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Rimini
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.