Lake Winnipesaukee along with the eight neighboring towns is one of the top tourist attractions in New Hampshire. Covering 264 islands, several bays and small inlets, and a wide-open area of water, the gorgeous glacial lake in the heart of the Lakes Region offers a wide variety of outdoor recreation in all seasons.
Hike the beautiful natural trails around the lake in the summer. Spring is the perfect time for some beachcombing. Become a leaf-peeper in the fall and go snowballing or ice fishing in the winter.
If you aren’t really an outdoorsman, the surrounding towns have plenty to offer you, from breweries to museums to arcades. There are great places to eat, shop, and stay in all of the eight towns around Lake Winnipesaukee.
Choose from cozy cabins in Laconia, lakeside cottages in Gilford, beachfront inns in Alton, or historic hotels in Wolfeboro. Here are the top cool and unusual hotels in Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire (in no particular order)…
1. Center Harbor Inn – an upscale, rustic-chic boutique accommodation perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs who love the outdoors
An understated hotel on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee, about three miles from the Proctor Wildlife Sanctuary.
Plain, homey rooms at Center Harbor Inn are outfitted with private bathrooms, mini-fridges, flat-screen TVs, DVD players, free Wi-Fi, coffee makers, and private balconies with beautiful views of the lake.
Complimentary amenities include continental breakfast and parking. Guests also get access to a communal living room and a private beach area.
Address: 294 Whittier Hwy, Center Harbor, NH 03226, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Center Harbor Inn
2. Mill Falls at the Lake – one of the finest accommodations in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region providing a unique, charming and modern stay
An exquisite lakefront hotel set in a resorted 19th-century linen mill overlooking Meredith Bay. If you want to experience Lake Winnipesaukee’s charm from close, there is no better place to stay than Mill Falls at the Lake.
Featuring soft colors and wooden furniture, rooms at this luxe hotel have cable TVs, mini-fridges, and cozy seating areas. The hotel also boasts an indoor pool, a large common area with a fireplace, and a public computer station, all of which are accessible to guests.
Located on Lake Winnipesaukee, the beautiful inn is within walking distance of Clough Park, Prescott Park, and Meredith Community Forest
Address: 281 Daniel Webster Hwy, Meredith, NH 03253, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Mill Falls at the Lake
3. 123 North Main B&B – a stylish, cute and elegant accommodation within walking distance of Lake Winnipesaukee
A homely B&B located on Main Street, less than a mile from Sewall Woods Conservation Area with easy access to nearby ski lifts.
Accommodation options at 123 North Main B&B include a double room and a quadruple room with an additional large double bed. Both units feature flat-screen TVs, coffee makers, free Wi-Fi, and garden views. There’s also a garden with an outdoor dining area.
As there’s not much to do nearby, you’ll have to drive a few miles to get close to the action. Carry Beach and Allen Albee Beach are within a 2-minute drive from the B&B.
Address: 123 N Main St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for 123 North Main B&B
4. NASWA Resort – a new, fun and family-friendly resort featuring the longest private beach on Lake Winnipesaukee
If you are looking for a peaceful retreat with easy access to Weirs Beach attractions, NASWA Resort is where you should stay.
Casual rooms at NASWA Resort have all basic amenities, including complimentary Wi-Fi, coffee makers, cable TV, and balconies or decks with gorgeous lake views. Vibrant one- to two-bedroom cottages offer kitchenettes or kitchens. Some cottages also feature porches and sofabeds.
As a guest at NASWA Resort, you’ll also get complimentary access to dock space, paddle boats, and kayaks. Dine at the elegant on-site restaurant or enjoy a latte at the beachside cafe.
Address: 1086 Weirs Blvd, Laconia, NH 03246, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for NASWA Resort
5. Center Harbor Sutton House B&B – a pet-friendly, cozy and elegant accommodation offering guests complimentary hot breakfast every morning
A charming, Victorian-style B&B located in a wooded area, about two miles from Lake Kanasatka with Center Harbor Town Beach accessible within a 6-minute walk.
Guests sojourn in refined rooms with ceiling fans, fireplaces, cable TV, and free Wi-Fi. You can revel in the stunning lake and garden views from inside your bedroom. Suites have soaking tubs for your relaxation.
A hot breakfast will surprise you every morning. Other amenities at Center Harbor Sutton House B&B include an outdoor pool and a patio with a fire pit and barbecue area.
Address: 251 Whittier Hwy, Center Harbor, NH 03226, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Center Harbor Sutton House B&B
6. The Nutmeg Inn – a historic, charming and quaint accommodation surrounded by 7 acres of beautiful gardens
With upscale amenities and a rustic vibe, it’s easy to see why this historic bed-and-breakfast is considered one of the best places to stay near Lake Winnipesaukee. Built in 1763, The Nutmeg Inn spans seven acres of countryside less than a mile from Oak Hill Golf Course.
Lavish, ornate rooms at The Nutmeg Inn feature vaulted ceilings, exposed oak beams, and fireplaces. Each room is equipped with free Wi-Fi and en suite bathrooms. Suites offer cable TV, microwaves, coffee makers, and mini-fridges.
The owner serves homemade or continental breakfast in any of the two formal dining areas. You’ll also get access to a heated outdoor pool, a game room, a guest kitchen, and an exercise room.
Address: 80 Pease Rd, Meredith, NH 03253, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Nutmeg Inn
7. Topsides Bed & Breakfast – a cozy, classic boutique-style accommodation perfect for a couple’s romantic getaway
A relaxed guesthouse set in a quaint clapboard house on Main Street, off New Hampshire Route 8 with Lake Winnipesaukee and Crescent Lake reachable within a 10-minute walk.
Topsides Bed & Breakfast boasts five distinctively styled rooms with en suite bathrooms, cable TV, and Wi-Fi access. With hardwood floors, four-poster beds, and antiques, the rooms have a vintage vibe. There’s also a cute, little garden and a porch with outdoor furniture.
Address: 209 S Main St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Topsides Bed & Breakfast
8. Gunstock Inn & Suites – a trendy, contemporary and newly renovated accommodation perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
If you are looking for a laid-back place near the famous Gunstock Mountain Resort, look no further than Gunstock Inn & Suites. The historic hotel is set in a colonial-style building and dates back to the 1930s.
Snug rooms at this easygoing hotel come with modern amenities, including flat-screen TVs, loft beds, Wi-Fi, and balconies offering breathtaking views of the mountains.
Address: 580 Cherry Valley Rd, Gilford, NH 03249, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Gunstock Inn & Suites
9. Half Moon Motel & Cottages – one of the most conveniently located accommodations in Weirs Beach providing a unique, modern and rustic-chic stay
This down-to-earth hotel steps from Weirs Beach is a perfect pick for those who want solitude while staying close to all the action. Featuring casual, well-kept lakeside rooms and cottages, the 2-star hotel welcomes you to a comfortable stay with a great view of the lake and mountains.
Each room comes equipped with free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV. Cottages feature cathedral ceilings and are outfitted with kitchenettes or fridges. Some cottages have full kitchens, while others have balconies or porches.
As a guest at Half Moon Motel & Cottages, you’ll also have access to a seasonal outdoor pool surrounded by lounge furniture.
Address: 28 Tower St, Laconia, NH 03246, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Half Moon Motel & Cottages
10. Lake Winnipesaukee Retreat – a bright, contemporary and quiet accommodation well equipped for a great vacation
A downhome vacation rental featuring one bedroom, one bathroom, a seating area with a flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a 4-person breakfast bar, an adjoining dining area with seating for five, and a narrow balcony with outdoor chairs.
With a large double bed and a single bed in the bedroom, the holiday home can sleep up to three people.
Lake Winnipesaukee Retreat is about three miles from Weirs Beach with easy access to many ski lifts.
Address: Gilford, 03246, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Lake Winnipesaukee Retreat
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Portland Maine
- Cool boutique hotels in Boston
- Cool boutique hotels in Lake Placid
- Cool boutique hotels in The Finger Lakes
- Cool boutique hotels in Cape Cod
- Cool boutique hotels in Martha’s Vineyard
- Cool boutique hotels in Nantucket
Scott started his travelling life back in 1999, when he headed off on a solo jaunt to South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia with just a backpack, a camera and a spirit for adventure. After that, the travel bug bit hard and now he is always seeking to head off somewhere new. Over the years he has lived in Italy, Qatar, Ireland, UK and the US but his spiritual home will always be Rome as this is the city which most satisfies his unrelenting craving for culture, good food and great football. Scott loves nothing better than to be behind the camera and also runs his own blog and Instagram page. He also counts Melbourne, Cape Town and Tel Aviv among his favourite places. Follow him on Twitter and Instagram at @scottbalaam