This fine and elegant Kentucky gem is known for its upscale pastimes, million-dollar houses, small independent distilleries and must compact downtown.
Go whiskey tasting, explore the beautiful natural surroundings, discover the museums, wander around the pretty Victorian neighborhoods and historic houses, go boutique shopping and end the evening wining and dining at one of the many fine restaurants. Now find yourself a special place to stay so from gorgeous intimate boutiques to hip and trendy, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Lexington, Kentucky (in no particular order)…
1. Elwood Hotel & Suites – a trendy, hip and Insta-worthy boutique hotel perfect for Millennials and Gen z’s
With 62 luxurious rooms that provide simple, elegant comfort and style, Elwood Hotel and Suite offers a quirky hotel experience within easy reach of Lexington’s attractions such as bourbon, sports or even find your own adventure.
Relaxed, informal dining is found at Fiddletree, the hotel restaurant that offers quality southern food in a communal environment or enjoy the bar and some of the finest Bourbon cocktails you have ever tasted.
A fitness center has everything you need for your workout, but with running trails, a gold course and bike paths all nearby, you have plenty of choice. A luxurious hotel in a great location, this is an ideal choice for Lexington visits.
- To book, check prices or availability for Elwood Hotel & Suites
2. 21c Museum Hotel Lexington – an eclectic creative boutique hotel that also doubles as a modern art museum and a cultural center
One of the most creative hotels in the area, the 21c Museum Hotel Lexington is an 88 room, one-of-a-kind boutique hotel and art museum.
Beautifully designed accommodation offers luxury and comfort with splashes of color and original art that make every room a pleasure to be in.
An art museum within the hotel gives access to exciting solo and group exhibitions from artists around the world, while the in-house restaurant, Lockbox, gives quality, relaxed dining using locally sourced ingredients.
Perfectly positioned for exploring the Lexington area, this is a wonderful, unique hotel that any art lover should experience.
- To book, check prices or availability for 21c Museum Hotel Lexington
3. The Campbell House Lexington, Curio Collection by Hilton – a cool five-star historic hotel that welcomes pets
A wonderful historic hotel steeped in the equestrian heritage of the area, Campbell House offers a unique experience for anyone who wants to enjoy luxurious living and a relaxed ambience.
Rooms blend traditional materials and quality furnishings with modern amenities, providing a luxury hotel feel within fabulous architecture.
On-site restaurants provide dining choices, a fitness center is there for your workouts, while there is so much to do within easy reach your days will be filled. A Lexington landmark, this is a wonderful hotel to enjoy.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Campbell House Lexington, Curio Collection by Hilton
4. Origin Lexington, a Wyndham Hotel – a cool and trendy place to stay that is conveniently located in southern Lexington
A contemporary hotel that brings together a perfect location, stunning design and superb service, resulting in a wonderful place to stay and the ideal base for your Bluegrass adventure.
Contemporary style is everywhere, from the spacious and light rooms to the communal areas with murals and classic designs.
A fitness center helps you stay in shape, while special services for children, including tent and sleeping bags for in-room adventures, make this a great choice for families.
The 33 Staves restaurant offers casual dining as well as cocktails and drinks in the bar, but of course, you are well placed for the world-class eating around Lexington too. A great hotel choice for those wanting contemporary style and modern luxury.
- To book, check prices or availability for Origin Lexington, a Wyndham Hotel
5. Hyatt Place Lexington – a quirky chic and stylish modern hotel that provides the ultimate relaxation for a comfy stay
Easily accessed from I-75 and I-64, Hyatt Place Lexington is your gateway to Bluegrass country and a modern hotel that gives you a unique experience.
With a fitness center and pool to enjoy during your stay, and spacious, well-appointed rooms combined with superb servicer at all times, this is one of those trendy hotels that is a pleasure to experience.
A breakfast bar, casual dining at The Placery and The Market, offering food on the go, make sure that you always have dining options. A stunning hotel and a memorable stay, every time.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hyatt Place Lexington
6. GLō Best Western Lexington – a fun, hip modern boutique hotel in Lexington
A standout of the range of Best Western’s famous hotels, GLō mixes contemporary style, impeccable service and superb amenities to make it one of the best choices for exploring the region.
Blending interesting textures and quality fabrics and furnishings, it creates a luxury hotel experience with a more relaxed feel that you will love.
A pool and fitness center are available to enjoy, and this unique hotel is well placed for the world class dining choices found throughout Lexington.
- To book, check prices or availability for GLō Best Western Lexington
7. Hilton Lexington Downtown – this chic and upscale high-rise hotel is one of the best places to stay in Lexington
A downtown hotel in the heart of Lexington just four minutes from Rupp Arena and a short stroll from the University of Kentucky.
With impressive contemporary design everywhere that also reflects the area, including beautiful horse sculptures, stunning shared spaces and more, accommodation is light, comfortable and refined.
An indoor pool and fitness center are free to use, and the hotel has a fantastic bar, a café and grille restaurant offering relaxed dining with an American cuisine. A great modern hotel, it offers a fantastic experience for all.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hilton Lexington Downtow
8. avid hotels – Lexington – Hamburg Area, an IHG Hotel – a colorful, kitsch, and fun party hotel to stay in Lexington
An affordable hotel that never sacrifices anything in terms of quality of service, comfort or amenities, Avid offers all the benefits of easy access to the best of Lexington and Kentucky with unique design.
Modern style gives bright, spacious rooms, while the use of color and art gives each room in this quirky hotel a unique look and feel.
Grab breakfast on the go in the lobby, and enjoy 24-hour access to a fully featured gym for your workout. Free wi-fi, gym and a business center give you everything you need for a wonderful stay in this modern hotel.
- To book, check prices or availability for avid hotels – Lexington – Hamburg Area, an IHG Hotel
9. Lyndon House Bed & Breakfast – a beautifully designed historic B&B close to all the attractions perfect for a romantic stay
Enjoy stylish Kentucky hospitality in traditional surroundings at this impressive historic hotel based in a stunning mansion first built in 1883.
A downtown hotel surrounded by the best of Kentucky’s history, Lyndon House takes a step back in time to give turn of the century style while retaining the modern levels of service and comfort you expect.
Within easy reach of some of the best dining choices in Lexington, whether you are after fine dining or something more casual, you are spoiled for choice.
A stay at Lyndon House means enjoying the best of traditional Kentucky, it’s the perfect base for your next vacation to the area.
- To book, check prices or availability for Lyndon House Bed & Breakfast
10. Charming Cottage on a City Farm! – a cute rustic holiday home ideal for a cozy stay
Near to the convention center and Rupp Arena, this charming cottage is a great quirky hotel alternative that gives you wonderfully cozy accommodation alongside easy, independent living.
With a fully featured kitchen, spacious bedroom and living area, a garden and free parking, you have the freedom to set your own schedule and enjoy your vacation your way.
An ideal option for anyone looking to spend time is this fantastic part of the country, it’s a real home from home in Lexington.
- To book, check prices or availability for Charming Cottage on a City Farm!
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Louisville
- Cool boutique hotels in Cincinnati
- Cool boutique hotels in Indianapolis
- Cool boutique hotels in Colombus
- Cool boutique hotels in Nashville
- Cool boutique hotels in Asheville
- Cool boutique hotels in St Louis
- Cool boutique hotels in Lincoln
Scott started his travelling life back in 1999, when he headed off on a solo jaunt to South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia with just a backpack, a camera and a spirit for adventure. After that, the travel bug bit hard and now he is always seeking to head off somewhere new. Over the years he has lived in Italy, Qatar, Ireland, UK and the US but his spiritual home will always be Rome as this is the city which most satisfies his unrelenting craving for culture, good food and great football. Scott loves nothing better than to be behind the camera and also runs his own blog and Instagram page. He also counts Melbourne, Cape Town and Tel Aviv among his favourite places. Follow him on Twitter and Instagram at @scottbalaam