One of the best-kept secrets of the French Alps, Megève is an enchanting village of car-free cobbled streets which encircle a 1000-year-old church. Best known for its pristine skiing conditions, Megève is blissfully nestled in the shadow of Mont-Blanc and has a special rustic allure which tempts adventure enthusiasts to travel in from all over the world. Catering to a trendy crown, the town enhances its charm through fine dining and shopping opportunities, as well as many awe-inspiring viewpoints.
Megève also boasts a wide choice of accommodations, which range from original, farmhouse boutiques to luxurious, Savoyard resorts. Here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Megève, France (in no particular order)…
1. M de Megève – a contemporary, trendy and 5-star hotel in a location perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Putting an eclectic spin on the chalet style, M de Megève blends a modern design with the traditional charm of a roaring log fire.
The stone walls, wood-panelled ceilings, and tree trunk coffee tables have been carefully restored to complement the gold and black light fittings.
The 42 guestrooms are spread across two buildings, one of which offers a more mystic chalet feel, and the other a more urban feel with a tech-forward automation system to control the lights and curtains.
For a blissful reprieve after a day on the slopes, head to the hotel’s subterranean spa area, where you can enjoy a swimming pool, a huge whirlpool, and a steam room with a natural rock wall.
- To book, check prices or availability for M de Megève
2. Hotel Mont Blanc Megève – a chic, upscale and art boutique hotel located on the famous Church Square in the heart of Megève
A hotel with a timeless charm, Mont Blanc has maintained a fanciful ambiance despite the passage of time. An audacious elegance spreads through the interior décor of its lounges, tea room, restaurant, and guestrooms.
The vintage chic furnishings like beautiful ceramics from Vallauris and handicrafts from the 50s and 60s lend a refined quintessence to the in-house atmosphere.
The rooms, through quirky décor, are a nice nod to the movie stars and artists who have frequented Mont Blanc, while the stunning Alpine restaurant invites you to taste traditional mountain cuisine where the flavours of Savoy, Switzerland, and Italy meet on the plate.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Mont Blanc Megève
3. Coeur de Megève – a hip, vibrant and unique hotel perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Situated in the pedestrian centre of Megève, this luxury boutique resort offers the cosy atmosphere of wistful evenings by a fireplace.
At Coeur, you can also enjoy a warm après-ski on a covered terrace, as well as a restaurant which celebrates the richness of the Pays de Savoie. The 39 rooms and suites are dressed in wood, with warm fabrics and touches of bright colour evoking a warm, contemporary atmosphere.
The in-house spa is the result of a unique collaboration with one of the pioneers of the green movement in cosmetics, Tata Harper, and the quintessence of well-being shines through its wide selection of beauty treatments.
- To book, check prices or availability for Coeur de Megève
4. Mamie Megève – a vibrant, quirky and cool accommodation with fun features and unique services
Mamie is a state-of-the-art boutique hotel which emanates a unique family-feel. Nestled at the foot of Mont D’Arbois, the hotel offers a majestic backdrop of the Alps and Mont-Blanc, making for a stunning Instagram shoot.
A stay here does not sacrifice on proximity to the lifts and village, as every 30 minutes, Mamie’s cars will drive you to either. Each category of guestroom blends the character of yesteryear with the ‘pop’ charm of today, and caters to either families, large groups of friends, or couples on a romantic mountain getaway.
Upon arrival you will be welcomed at the Cellier, the Chalet’s central living space, where your pampering experience will begin with a delicious complimentary drink.
- To book, check prices or availability for Mamie Megève
5. L’Alpaga, a Beaumier hotel – a cool, rustic boutique hotel where guests can experience the luxury of dining at a Michelin-starred restaurant
Comprised of seven Alpine chalets, L’Alpaga is graced by a village atmosphere fused with a cosmopolitan vibe. Slick and rustic, this design-conscious boutique hotel offers a charming sun terrace, a Michelin-starred restaurant, a spa, and a fitness room.
Contemporary five-star luxuries ornate the guestrooms, which are decorated with blonde wood-clad walls and fluffy cushions and throws.
All rooms boast a balcony with dazzling mountain views, offering a place for memorable evenings of tranquillity after a day on the slopes. Both on-site eateries, the Fifties-inspired bistro and the Michelin-star restaurant, offer authentic, locally sourced Alpine cuisine in an elegant setting.
- To book, check prices or availability for L’Alpaga, a Beaumier hotel
6. Lodge Park – a trendy, Instagrammable and fancy hotel steps away from the mountain gondolas, shopping boutiques and restaurants
Beautifully capturing the feel of a chic and Nordic mountain refuge, this trendy haven brings together the styles of the African Savannah and a Scottish manor house, transporting guests into a globe-trotting atmosphere.
In winter, you can curl up in front of the fireplace and reflect on the day’s adventures, while during the summer you can enjoy the lush, manicured gardens and the shimmering swimming pool.
A combination of life and vitality radiates through the property, tinged with the charm of the great outdoors. The hotel’s Pure Altitude Spa offers two outdoor and indoor pools, where you can relax before calling it a day in one of the cosy, travel-inspired rooms or suites.
- To book, check prices or availability for Lodge Park
7. Les Fermes de Marie – a 5-star, newly renovated and elegant hotel where guests can enjoy regional cheese specialities and rotisserie dishes
This exclusive Megève hamlet offers many winter-cosy nooks and crannies where a candle-lit ambiance fosters a relaxing Savoyard-style evening. Les Fermes de Marie boasts a range of wooden chalets and huts, all centuries-old, dressed in an Alpine-chic theme.
The recently refurbished Pure Altitude Spa features a touch of Japanese zen, enhanced by 200-year-old rustic walls and beams. Here, you can benefit from the healing powers of mountain plants and natural essences curated to rejuvenate mind, body, and soul.
The hotel’s terrace garden is the perfect spot to kick back in the warmth of summer, while the bubbling wooden hot tub awaits during winter.
- To book, check prices or availability for Les Fermes de Marie
8. Zannier Hotels Le Chalet – an elegant and lavish hotel with hip décor featuring an indoor pool, spa and wellness center
Reflecting the simplicity and purity of the snow-capped peaks of Mont Blanc, Le Chalet radiates a laid-back tone of wellness, and its graceful hip décor exudes a traditional alpine ambiance.
The 12 suites are individually designed in a style of understated elegance, and feature either a balcony or a terrace with sweeping panoramic views.
As a guest, you can embrace your outdoors’ spirit and embark on climbing, hiking, paragliding, and bob sleighing tours, and be taken to the pristine, hidden spots away from tourism.
The hotel is home to La Ferme de Mon Père, a famous restaurant which celebrates the pleasure of Alpine gastronomy through a carefully curated menu
- To book, check prices or availability for Zannier Hotels Le Chalet
9. Les Loges Blanches – a stylish, unique and charming chalet hotel within walking distance of the village center and ski lifts
Idyllically situated close to some of Europe’s most renowned ski lifts, Les Loges Blanches is completely girdled by the effervescence of mountain scenery.
Here, a cocooning atmosphere is punctuated by the sound of après ski antics. The ‘Loges’ form a hamlet of 5 typical Savoyard chalets, offering apartments equipped with a full kitchen and a balcony or terrace.
La Table des Cochers, the on-site restaurant, offers authentic cuisine through Savoyard specialities, served by the fireplace or under the veranda. The property also offers an outdoor heated swimming pool and a Nordic sauna and spa which comes with 3 treatment cabins.
- To book, check prices or availability for Les Loges Blanches
10. Hôtel L’Arboisie – an upscale, rustic-chic and quirky hotel overlooking the picturesque Insta-worthy views of the alpine valley
Enchanting guests with its authenticity and elegance, Hôtel L’Arboisie cultivates the soul of a true alpine village, and bridges the gap between tradition and modernity.
Nestled in the Mont Blanc massif, the hotel is an emblem of Megève due to its serene mountain charm, and greets you upon entry with a crackling fireplace dotted by Chesterfield armchairs.
The rooms and suites are catered to couples, families, and business travellers, and boast modern balconies and kitchenettes. The wellness area evokes the pleasures of the mountains, and offers a Deep Nature spa, a heated indoor swimming pool, a hammam, and a sauna.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hôtel L’Arboisie
11. Au Coin Du Feu – a bright, traditional and newly renovated hotel providing guests with views of the surrounding landscape in each room
Conveniently located a 5-minute walk from the city centre, Au Coin Du Feu boasts an Alpine chalet character, with several communal areas inviting you to snuggle up amid woolly fabrics by an imposing fireplace.
Each of the guestrooms features a totally different view of the mountain and village, and pays tribute to the surrounding landscape through Savoyard-inspired décor and plush, cocooning linens.
This traditional feel is preserved despite the addition of many high-end furnishings and amenities. With the intention of honouring the terroir from Haute-Savoie, the hotel’s restaurant ‘Le Saint Nicholas’ cooperates with local producers to bring the freshest ingredients to your evening meal.
- To book, check prices or availability for Au Coin Du Feu
12. Hotel La Chaumine – a charming, family-friendly and cozy accommodation offering guests a hearty a la carte breakfast every morning
Here we have a typical Megevan chalet, infused with a quaint, well-humoured family spirit. Set at the top of a hill yet only 300 metres from the centre of the village, Hotel La Chaumine truly offers the best of both worlds.
The in-room décor blends warm wood with mineral materials from the mountains, while the comfy armchairs invite you to sit by the fireplace and soak up the Alpine charm.
All guestrooms boast private balconies or terraces, perfect for admiring the stunning mountain-meets-village views. Further on-site offerings include a ski room, communal books and games, and gear rentals allowing you to explore the outdoors lifestyle of Megève.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel La Chaumine
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Chamonix
- Cool boutique hotels in Zermatt
- Cool boutique hotels in Lyon
- Cool boutique hotels in Les Portes du Soleil
- Cool boutique hotels in Val Thorens
- Cool boutique hotels in Méribel
- Cool boutique hotels in Tignes
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website https://garynunn.co.uk/