The French alpine hamlet of Méribel is an enchanting haven nestled in the centre of the world-famous Three Valleys. With its picture-perfect landscape, it is widely considered as the most charming ski resort in the French Alps.
Here, traditional beauty and exceptional snow conditions combine with entertaining nightlife and an epic dining scene to form one of the world’s must-visit mountain sports locations.
Overlooking Méribel’s snow-covered forests and mesmerising peaks is an extravagant display of hotels, which range from charming boutique chalets to refined, high-altitude resorts offering scintillating panoramas. Here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Méribel, France (in no particular order)…
1. Hotel Le Savoy – a high-end hip, trendy and Instagrammable hotel perfect for partying Millenials and Gen Zs
Boasting an ideal location for ski enthusiasts, 50 metres from the slopes of the three Valleys ski area, Le Savoy combines all the ingredients for an unforgettable stay with family or friends.
It is also exceptionally situated for a peaceful stroll through the alleys of Méribel. Multiple options are offered for an après-ski that suits you.
You can grab a gourmet snack at the bar, or play games by the fire, of even indulge in a moment of relaxation at the spa. At Savoy, a warm atmosphere ornated by an elegant colour scheme enhances your once-in-a-lifetime Méribel vacation.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Le Savoy
2. Hôtel l’Hélios – a trendy, Instaworthy rustic-chic upscale hotel that offers private balconies with mountain views
This luxury mountainside hotel reveals a new world of great comfort, backdropped by scintillating views of the 3 Valleys.
Perched at an altitude of 1550m, every element at Hôtel l’Hélios is equipped to fill your heart with a yearning for the outdoors. 18 luxury suites, perfectly soundproofed, offer optimum comfort and state-of-the-art amenities including a flat-screen TV, Blu-ray player, and a large slate bathroom.
A quaint musical atmosphere can be enjoyed at any time of the day in the lavish setting of the on-site bar, while the spacious living room boasts a stunning showcase of the best wines from France.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hôtel l’Hélios
3. Hotel Le Coucou Méribel – a refined hotel with stylish funky decor surrounded by picturesque alps
Perching proudly on the slopes of Méribel, Hotel Le Coucou opens up to majestic peaks and undisturbed viewpoints and inspires the euphoria of living every moment to the fullest.
Built from scratch and meticulously designed by Paris-based interior designer Pierre Yovanovitch, eye-catching furniture is elegantly offset by strong, matt colours, with vintage touches including retro alpine jugs adding a traditional flare.
Balconies feature in all 16 rooms and 39 suites, offering a stunning backdrop to beautifully contrast the polka-dot carpets, statement lighting, rich wall colours, and pale-wood cupboards.
The on-site Tata Harper spa boasts six treatment rooms, as well as a sauna, steam room, hot tub, and indoor-outdoor pool overlooking the breathtaking mountains.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Le Coucou Méribel
4. Le Refuge de la Traye – a unique quirky-chic lodge that provides a peaceful setting where you can unplug and unwind
A soothing escape in the heart of the mountains, this stunning 1982 property saw a head-to-toe revamp in 2019, clad in high-quality materials, reclaimed larch and slate roofs, and soft woollen furnishings.
A family-friendly ambiance accompanies the intimate spirit of this luxurious corner of paradise. Combining authenticity and refinement, this chic mountain chalet boasts a breathtaking, natural setting, inviting you to live and feel a unique style of mountain elegance.
An exploratory quest for the senses is fulfilled by the hotel’s extensive range of offerings, which include high-energy sport, divine wellness, exquisite gastronomy, and a personalized service.
- To book, check prices or availability for Le Refuge de la Traye
5. Le Kaïla – a chic upscale place to stay in Meribel that features a Michelin-starred restaurant
Greeting guests with a unique style of tailor-made luxury, Le Kaïla typifies the recent trend of modern alpine chic, and beautifully combines the art of living and the feeling of tranquillity to evoke a sense of comfort and softness.
Situated at the meeting point of the 3 valleys, this stunning boutique hotel puts the world’s largest ski area at your fingertips. Open fireplaces and pine surfaces complement the innovative bedroom design, where a delicate mix of local materials, subdued lighting, and soft fabrics create a true cocooning experience.
The convivial bar offers a cool twist on lounge-style music, offering an edgy soundtrack to your evening of hand-crafted cocktails.
- To book, check prices or availability for Le Kaïla
6. Résidence Pierre & Vacances Premium L’Hévana – one of the most Instagrammable aparthotels in Meribel
Elegant and authentic, this premium five-star resort balances tradition and modernity in an enchanting, pine tree setting.
Upon entrance, the warmth of the wood and the nobility of the materials welcome you into a chic cocoon, where you can choose from 92 thoughtfully Savoyard-themed apartments boasting trendsetting amenities and opulent décor.
The indoor heated pool, outdoor tub, and hammam invite you to rejuvenate after an action-packed day on the slopes, and a deep sense of relaxation is radiated at the Spa Deep Nature, where a sensory ritual and tailor-made treatments are on offer. For convivial moments with friends or family, the residence’s snack bar awaits you with a top rate service.
- To book, check prices or availability for Résidence Pierre & Vacances Premium L’Hévana
7. Hôtel Alpen Ruitor – a cool, charming and rustic-chic mountain hotel with a hot tub perfect for a romantic stay
Built in the late 1970s, this prestigious Savoy-style chalet enchants visitors with a typical French Alps decoration, enhanced by a cheerful, family spirit.
Perched at 1750m, the essential elements for a great snow holiday are ever-present in this eclectic hotel, in terms of high-end amenities, personalized service, and breathtaking views.
From snowmobile excursions to sledding to ski jumps on the Big Air Bag, at Hôtel Alpen Ruitor there are activities for everyone. A 10-minute venture will take you to an ice-skating rink, a climbing wall, and a number of quirky boutiques, owing to the hotel’s optimum location.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hôtel Alpen Ruitor
8. Hotel Allodis – easily one of the coolest hotels to stay in Meribel perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Nestled on the heights of Méribel, Hotel Allodis is a true haven of peace for passionate skiers, who stop here to enjoy a friendly, warm atmosphere at the foot of the slopes.
Furnished with modern touches, the 42 guestrooms invite you to take a break from your daily routine, and to surrender to the rhythms of alpine life.
A cosy lounge boasts a serene fireplace, where you can sit and relax after delighting your tastebuds with inventive cuisine at the on-site restaurant. Every facet of the hotel is taken care of with a tailor-made approach, from the spa to your in-room experience, to the first-rate ski services.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Allodis
9. Hotel La Chaudanne – a unique alpine-style hotel that welcomes pets
Situated at the foot of the 3 Valleys’ slopes, La Chaudanne is the perfect base camp to enjoy the world’s largest ski area. The authentic, refined ambiance in the guestrooms offers a genuine sense of comfort for a stay in the Alps, with each sanctuary designed in a chic, cocooning style.
The hotel’s festive ‘Brasserie Le 80’ shares a nod to the Jules Vernes novel ‘Around the World in Eighty Days’, and invites you to be immersed in true 19th-century sophistication, offering exclusive shows of resident DJs and artists.
Harmonizing with an elegant alpine energy, the on-site spa offers a feeling of fullness through rituals inspired by nature.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel La Chaudanne
10. Madame Vacances Hôtel & Spa Le Mottaret – a cool, kitsch, and fun party hotel to stay in Meribel
The highest resort in the Méribel Valley, this purpose-built haven is ideal both for skiers in pursuit of easy access to the pistes, and families looking for a peaceful alternative to the lively centre.
The commodious guestrooms have been designed with optimum comfort in mind, and are equipped with plush bedding and satellite TVs.
Views of either Méribel Valley or Mont Vallon feature from all private balconies, where you can sit out and watch the sunset after an enthralling day on the slopes. Guests can choose between Bed and Breakfast, Half-Board, and All-Inclusive options, and can enjoy delicious lunches on the ‘Café del Mott’ terrace.
- To book, check prices or availability for Madame Vacances Hôtel & Spa Le Mottaret
11. Hotel & Spa Merilys – a cute and cozy spa hotel located in a forest setting
Discover your ultimate bliss at this breathtaking hotel residence, situated at the edge of the fir-tree forest at an altitude of 1700 metres.
A stunning outdoor hot tub awaits you after a dynamic day of skiing, where you can soak up the alpine charm in the backdrop of snow-capped peaks.
Accommodation options range from chalet-style boutique rooms to fully equipped apartments, each boasting a mountain-inspired display of artwork and private balconies or terraces.
A game room with pool table, a sauna, and a lounge bar with fireplace offer further spots of respite, inviting you to kick back and relax.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel & Spa Merilys
12. Hotel Eterlou – an elegant hotel with cute quirky-chic decor and a heated outdoor pool
Fronted by a grand chalet-style exterior and blissfully situated in the centre of Méribel, this family-run hotel is embellished with Savoyard décor, with omnipresent wood and stone evoking an air of tranquillity.
The guestrooms are designed with mountain charm in mind, and boast quirky, traditional elements to complement a peaceful night’s sleep.
As the steam rises from the soothing outdoor tub, prepare to be captivated by the all-encompassing beauty of the surrounding landscape, as you rejuvenate from a mesmerising skiing experience.
An on-site shop provides gear and equipment to support you on your 3 Valleys adventures, while an atmospheric restaurant offers a spot of exquisite fine dining.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Eterlou
We also have posts on…
- Cool and unique hotels in Val d’Isere
- Cool and unique hotels in Verbier
- Cool and unique hotels in Courchevel
- Cool and unique hotels in Zermatt
- Cool and unique hotels in Paris
- Cool and unique hotels in Nice
- Cool and unique hotels in Munich
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Tignes
- Cool and Unusual hotels in St Moritz
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Breuil-Cervinia
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Mayrhofen
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Ischgl
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Chamonix
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Val Thorens
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Megeve
Born and raised in Brazil, Gaby has always had a taste for the intriguing, the off-beat and the far flung. After travelling around most of South America, living in Spain and Italy and then moving to England, her feet have stayed continually twitchy. Studying for a degree in Spanish translation and then learning five more languages only poured more fuel onto her travelling ardor.
Gaby likes nothing better than discovering new destinations and meeting the locals, tasting the cuisine and hearing about the local stories. Her other indulgences include French cinema, boxing, photography, colourful manicures and soaking up the rays on a sun-infused beach. She counts Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon and Cornwall as her most favourite places in the world.