One of the most visited destinations in the country, people flock to the balmy South Atlantic coast of South Carolina for its subtropical climate, its long wide sandy beaches, its collection of excellent restaurants, its many golf courses, its outlet shopping and the lively and fun atmosphere. If you want to stay in some of the best hotels in the area, from boutique-style accommodation to sleek and modern resorts, here are cool and unusual hotels to stay in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (in no particular order)…
1. North Beach Resort and Villas – one of the most Instagrammable resorts in Myrtle Beach
There are so many amazing things to love about the North Beach Resort and Villas. Found on North Myrtle Beach, this large resort is ideal for any type of break.
Aside from the classic apartments that many people love to stay at during their time on the beach, there is also a 2.5-acre water park with its swim-up bar.
Away from the resort, you will find the famous beach, a 4-minute walk, ready for you to head down to soak up the sea and the sunshine.
- To book, check prices or availability for North Beach Resort and Villas
2. Club Wyndham Westwinds – one of the best beachfront hotels where all suites have a private balcony
The Club Wyndham Westwinds is a ten storey oceanfront tower. This means that there are lots of choices on where to stay, but also, no matter where you are, you will have great views of the beautiful beach.
The resort has both one and two-bedroom suites, which is ideal for various holiday types.
Outside of the accommodation, you will find an indoor pool, a kids pool, and a range of family-geared activities.
- To book, check prices or availability for Club Wyndham Westwinds
3. The Strand – A Boutique Resort – a trendy, modern hotel located in the heart of downtown Myrtle Beach
There is so much to love about The Strand that it is easy to see why it is a popular Myrtle Beach hotel. This boutique resort is based right in the very heart of the area and has so many amazing features that it attracts people.
It has an oceanfront pool, private cabanas, and so much more. It is also based close to a wide range of some of the best attractions in the whole area.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Strand – A Boutique Resort
4. The Inlet Sports Lodge – a deluxe chic hotel that caters for golf lovers and outdoor enthusiasts
This luxury hotel is found in the heart of the Murrells Inlet, known to be one of the best places in South Carolina to buy seafood.
The Inlet Sports Lodge, as the name suggests, is a hotel that is designed for those who are keen to stay active and explore the outdoors during their break. It is excellent for golf lovers, but it is also ideal for those who love to fish.
It even comes with an outdoor swimming pool and has all the essential features that you would expect in a modern hotel.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Inlet Sports Lodge
5. Cabana Shores Hotel – a cool, modern hotel where guests can enjoy a private beach and panoramic vistas
If you are looking to stay in a quiet and modern part of Myrtle Beach, then look no further than the Cabana Shores Hotel. Here you will find 91 modern hotel rooms in a residential part of the area.
Whilst you may get to feel that you are away from it all, you will find yourself still across the street from the beautiful ocean and able to access the outdoor pool and a private beach area.
- To book, check prices or availability for Cabana Shores Hotel
6. Seaside Resort – a luxury boutique condo that is within walking distance from the beach
If you decide to stay at Seaside Resort, you will find the perfect combination of the famous Southern hospitality and a comfortable place to stay.
As the name suggests, this particular hotel has coastal accommodation, which means that you are never far away from the beach and can take in some of the gorgeous views too.
The six different resorts within the same umbrella are spacious and well designed and provide couples, families, and groups with the perfect place to escape and spend some time together.
- To book, check prices or availability for Seaside Resort
7. Marina Inn at Grande Dunes – an upscale hotel where guests can benefit from amazing amenities
If you want to experience the very best in luxury whilst you stay in Myrtle Beach, then the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes is the best place to stay. This hotel is found within the Grand dunes Resort.
There are various room types available to you in the hotel, which means that you are sure to find one that is perfect for you during your stay.
Another amazing facility that you will find in the hotel is access to your private access beach, which is the ideal way to soak up the South Carolina sunshine whilst you are in the area.
- To book, check prices or availability for Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
8. Ocean 22, a Hilton Grand Vacations – an upscale beachfront resort that offers free access to water parks and golf
A recognisable name, the Ocean 22, a Hilton Grand Vacations is a fantastic seaside resort for you to stay at. Designed to be an all-suite hotel, when you stay here, you will get the perks of staying in a hotel whilst still having the comforts of home.
As well as this, the beachfront resort will give you access to water parks and golf, which means that you will have plenty to do. You will also be able to access some of the local attractions, such as Broadway.
- To book, check prices or availability for Ocean 22, a Hilton Grand Vacations
9. Ocean Escape Condos by Landmark Resort – a trendy aparthotel to stay in Myrtle Beach, perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
The Ocean Escape Condos are ideal for those who want to feel like they are at home when they are exploring Myrtle Beach. These are created by Landmark Resort and consist of 15 condos between two and three-bedroom.
Within the condos, you will find everything that you need for your holiday and be close to some of the best parts of the area.
The resort features a restaurant when you don’t feel like cooking at the condo and a fitness centre.
- To book, check prices or availability for Ocean Escape Condos by Landmark Resort
10. Sheraton Myrtle Beach – a modern hotel where guests can relax in spacious rooms and appreciate ocean views
The Sheraton Myrtle Beach is the ideal combination of modern hotel and comfort like you are used to. This particular hotel is found in downtown Myrtle Beach and is not far (just two blocks) from the boardwalk, one of the most scenic spots in the entire area.
Back in the hotel, you will find all the things you need during your stay. This includes premium movie channels, comfortable rooms and facilities that will make your stay that much easier.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sheraton Myrtle Beach
We also have posts on…
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Asheville
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Richmond
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Atlanta
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Tampa
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Miami
- Cool Boutique Hotels Savannah
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Orlando
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Colombus
- Cool Boutique Hotels in Winston-Salem
- Cool and Unusual Hotel in Birmingham
- Cool and Unique in Atlantic City
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Virginia Beach
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Charlotte
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Naples, Florida
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Gatlinburg
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Chattanooga
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Charleston
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Raleigh
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Fort Lauderdale
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.