With roads that cut through red forests leading you to world-famous bluffs, Natchez is a place resplendent with natural beauty, perched over 200 feet above the Mississippi River.
Now a thriving hub for Mississippi tourism, Natchez’s surrounding landscape beckons you to a storied past, blended exquisitely with a revived downtown scene which has brought the city into a new era. Despite an influx of entrepreneurial spirit in recent years, Natchez maintains a distinctive reputation as a welcoming town that thrives on community
Thousands of tourists flock to Natchez to sample its many unique treasures, and its comprehensive range of hotels radiates its history-steeped charm. From landmark Antebellum homes to newly renovated chic boutiques, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Natchez (in no particular order)…
1. GardenSong Guest House – a gorgeous upscale and unique historic boutique hotel which is known for being a must-visit attraction in Natchez
Awaiting you in Natchez is the stunning GardenSong Guest House, a place where the mighty Mississippi River is graced with Southern hospitality and charming architectural details.
Restored in the 1960’s to capture the soul and spirit of this storied city, this historic house is tucked away on a quiet leafy street, and is symbolized by its parterre garden and a bronze Venetian fountain.
Gorgeous benches are dotted around the hotel’s manicured grounds, enhancing the sense of relaxation among the countless shrubs and flowers.
A cosy, informal style decorates the musically themed multi-room suites, which offer optimum space and complimentary use of trendsetting amenities to create a memorable hospitality experience.
- To book, check prices or availability for GardenSong Guest House
2. Weymouth Hall – chic historic and lavish accommodation located on the highest peak in Natchez
Another one of Natchez’s grand, Greek Revival houses, Weymouth Hall rests on the area’s highest peak, offering panoramas of the river, the Louisiana farmland, and an awe-inspiring forest that provides the perfect backdrop to your vacation.
Here, you can enjoy a delicious southern breakfast whilst gazing out over the sweeping vistas, and enjoy blissful evenings relaxing on the front lawn in an Adirondack chair.
All the accommodations are located on the first floor of the home, and are comfortably furnished, inviting guests to revel in a soundless ambiance. The hotel boasts a prime location, just a couple of minutes from the vibrant glamour of downtown Natchez.
- To book, check prices or availability for Weymouth Hall
3. The Burn Bed and Breakfast – a stylish, charming and elegant accommodation within walking distance of historic attractions
Whether you are planning a romantic getaway, a historic excursion, or simply an escape from city life, at the Burn you will experience Southern hospitality at its finest.
History and opulence coexist in the exquisitely appointed guestrooms, where antique furniture and décor beautifully contrast the plush amenities and linens, offering you the chance to sleep in a perfect harmony of old-world charm and modern luxury.
Greek-revival architecture and 19th-century furnishings are just some of the things that make the Burn so distinctive, another being the landscaped estate gardens which feature over 100 camelias and trees native to the South.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Burn Bed and Breakfast
4. Choctaw Hall Bed & Breakfast – charming, romantic and Insta-worthy accommodation housed in one of the greatest homes of Natchez
A unique blend of Greek Revival and Federal styles, this 1836 antebellum home consists of 4 floors connected by a swirling oval staircase.
Guests are invited to revel in a spot of grandeur at Choctaw Hall, where double porches with white columns bookend the front and back of the house and make for a picture-perfect backdrop.
The four queen-bed suites are connected by a cosy living room, where you can enjoy 24/7 access to light treats, self-serve snacks, and an assortment of teas and coffee.
The numerous restaurants and historic antique shops of downtown Natchez can be reached in a two-minute walk, while the property itself is surrounded by splashes of natural, landscaped allure.
- To book, check prices or availability for Choctaw Hall Bed & Breakfast
5. Monmouth Historic Inn – an elegant, upscale and Instagrammable accommodation surrounded by 26 acres of gardens with pebbled paths and giant magnolias
Monmouth Historic Inn invites its guests to step back in time to antebellum living, in a 19th -century mansion surrounded by 26 acres of blooming magnolias, roses, azaleas, and the gentle humming of cicadas.
Elegantly restored to reflect the definitive Southern charm, the opulent dark-wood-infused guestrooms feature grand chandeliers towering over the canopy-covered beds, with a wealth of artwork and a historic porch nurturing a sense of refined glamour.
Sip mint juleps and delight in the authentically Southern menu at 1818 restaurant, or indulge in a gracefully articulated picnic hamper, whilst this fancy National Historic Landmark fills you with a romantic ambiance to complement your Natchez vacation.
- To book, check prices or availability for Monmouth Historic Inn
6. Devereaux Shields House – a quiet, charming and Insta-worthy accommodation where guests can enjoy a relaxing afternoon in the gardens
This ostentatious Victorian property is split into three homes – The 1893 Queen Ann Main House, the 1873 Victorian Aunt Clara’s Cottage, and the 1893 Bost House.
All seamlessly coalesce to form a hospitality experience steeped in grandiose, brimming with period antique furnishings, and offering ample space to spread out and soak up the surroundings.
The buildings are just steps apart from each other, and are all within walking distance to the top boutiques and shops of downtown, as well as the magnificence of the Mississippi River.
You can choose an accommodation type to suit your need, whether that includes cosy fireplaces, private verandas, spa-like bathrooms, or high-end furnishings.
- To book, check prices or availability for Devereaux Shields House
7. The Beaumont House Natchez – a quirky, vibrant and lavish accommodation in an ideal location for a memorable vacation, perfect for a romantic break
A circa 1830 Antebellum home in the heart of Natchez, The Beaumont House sits elegantly on a tree lined street, a mere two blocks from the historical shops and abundant boutiques of downtown.
A popular spot for intimate weddings and private parties, the property also boasts 4 spacious guestrooms, and guests can either book an individual room or the entire floor.
A champagne toast upon arrival invites you to begin your Natchez vacation in style, before retreating to a cosy room equipped with 1500 thread count linens, Turkish cotton bathrobes, and separate, plush seating areas.
A full Southern breakfast is served each morning in the main dining area, providing the fuel for a riveting day out along the splendour of the Mighty Mississippi River.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Beaumont House Natchez
8. Clifton House – a chic, newly renovated and modern accommodation providing views of the Mississippi River from every room
Nowhere demonstrates the role the Mississippi River has played in Natchez’ illustrious history more than Clifton House, which sits directly on the river’s banks high atop the Natchez bluff.
The hotel boasts a stunning porch area where you can kick back and watch the river traffic float on by, oozing a sense of relaxation steeped in historic radiance.
Taking its name from a home owned by the Suget family, this 1904 ‘American Foursquare’ is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and boasts authentic décor which reflects its fascinating history.
Each generation of ownership has added modern, refined touches to the hotel’s interior, resulting in a gracious ambiance which toes the line between past and present.
- To book, check prices or availability for Clifton House
9. Natchez Grand Hotel On The River – a modern, cozy and elegant hotel steps away from restaurants, entertainment and popular attractions, perfect for couples
An eclectic twist on the typical Natchez architecture, the Natchez Grand Hotel boasts a prime location in the heart of downtown Natchez, and stands atop the bluffs that overlook the Mississippi River.
The charming staff presence delivers exceptional attention to detail, offering you a mix of convenience and amicability as you return from a day soaking in the sights and sounds of this historic city.
With a variety of deluxe rooms and suites which cater to all categories of traveller, you can rest assured that your amenity-laden accommodation will keep you blissfully rested and fully prepared for an adventure-filled day.
- To book, check prices or availability for Natchez Grand Hotel On The River
10. Riverboat Bed & Breakfast – a classic, rustic and cute accommodation featuring a bar, shared lounge and patio area
Vintage Southern motifs suffuse this elegant home, where class and comfort combine to offer a one-of-a-kind hospitality experience for the business traveller and the historic excursionist.
All of the guestrooms boast a unique, homely feel, where dark wood floors complement the old-fashioned ambiance, and a plush seating area beautifully contrasts the period antiques.
Whether you choose to stay in the Pink or Green Stateroom, or even the Serio Suite, you can enjoy an exquisite continental breakfast as well as a stunning terrace and a gorgeous garden. You can reach the Mighty Mississippi river and the downtown boutiques in a two-minute walk, owing to the Riverboat’s supreme location.
- To book, check prices or availability for Riverboat Bed & Breakfast
11. Linden – A Historic Bed and Breakfast – a newly renovated, stylish and quiet accommodation where guests can experience true Southern hospitality
This circa 1790 historic home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and sits on seven park-like acres just four minutes from the centre of downtown Natchez and the Mississippi River.
The front door of this 6-room masterpiece was said to be copied for the door of Scarlet’s Tara in ‘Gone With the Wind’, and an immediate sense of homecoming greets guests upon Entrance.
During your stay here, the charismatic staff will likely charm you with the history and stories of the B&B, and the property’s grounds evoke a leisurely pace of life, where the simplest things feel like adventures to the soul.
- To book, check prices or availability for Linden – A Historic Bed and Breakfast
12. The King’s Daughters B and B on the Bluff overlooking the Mighty Mississippi – a lavish, chic and vibrant accommodation perfect for those who love the outdoors
Reflecting Southern splendour at its finest, much history and memories occupy this graceful B&B, which is a striking example of colonial revival, with hints of up-and-coming influences.
Situated elegantly on a grand bluff above the Mississippi river, the genteel ambiance and upgraded decorations are matched only by the scintillating views from the property.
The King’s Daughters is the perfect spot to revel in both history and the great outdoors, and boasts a commodious dining hall which serves a hot Southern breakfast each morning. A shared lounge area provides a soothing atmosphere, where visitors can pop in to share stories with like-minded travellers.
- To book, check prices or availability for The King’s Daughters B and B on the Bluff overlooking the Mighty Mississippi
13. Magnolia Cottage Bed and Breakfast – a cozy, quaint and charming accommodation perfect for a couple’s romantic getaway
Offering an ideal blend of value, comfort, and convenience, Magnolia Cottage Bed and Breakfast boasts a romantic setting, and has many quirky architectural and historical elements.
These include original cypress floors, a unique porch area, and an intimate sitting area in front of an old fireplace. A private parking area is also available to guests, which can be a lifesaver when setting out to explore the nearby landmarks.
This charming Greek Revival was completed in circa 1831, and is highly acclaimed for its dining area which is perfect for romantic candlelit dinners. An array of trendsetting in-room amenities is provided, exclusively designed to offer a touch of class to the budget-conscious traveller.
- To book, check prices or availability for Magnolia Cottage Bed and Breakfast
14. The Guest House Historic Mansion – a unique, classic and kitsch accommodation located in the heart of downtown Natchez near several restaurants and bars
Originally constructed as a Greek Revival townhouse in 1840, the grand mansion that houses this one-of-a-kind guesthouse has undergone many renovations.
Truly dedicated to preserving the architectural grandeur of the building while offering the immersive cosiness of a modern boutique hotel, this graceful paradox is a tasteful balance between past and present, and between intimate and sophisticated.
The mansion’s supreme location plunges you deep into the heart of downtown Natchez, and its charming staff presence is committed to helping you maintain a flourishing, explorative vigour when stepping out of its historic grounds. 16 unique guestrooms feature in this stunning property, all of which radiate a distinctive lavishness heavily associated with Natchez.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Guest House Historic Mansion
15. Rising Sun Bed and Breakfast – a rustic, quaint and historic accommodation offering guests complimentary breakfast with a continental or vegetarian option
This quaint Natchez haven is peacefully set on a street lined with Crepe Myrtle trees, and is housed in a beautifully restored 1890 Queen Anne home.
The property’s unique landscape boasts a wood sculpture of multiple animals and a Spanish 9 Pounder Parade Cannon. The Ivory Room boasts a private Jacuzzi Tub, while the Regal Suite has its own balcony with graceful views.
Both rooms have access to the upstairs den/library which provides a large flat-screen TV and a relaxing open-air experience on its balcony.
Situated a mere 5-minutes’ walk from the restaurants and shops of the vibrant downtown area, yet a short stroll from a blissful river trail, The Rising Sun offers the best of both worlds.
- To book, check prices or availability for Rising Sun Bed and Breakfast
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in New Orleans
- Cool boutique hotels in Dallas
- Cool boutique hotels in Houston
- Cool boutique hotels in Fort Worth
- Cool boutique hotels in Memphis
- Cool boutique hotels in Birmingham AL
- Cool boutique hotels in Corpus Christi
Born and raised in Brazil, Gaby has always had a taste for the intriguing, the off-beat and the far flung. After travelling around most of South America, living in Spain and Italy and then moving to England, her feet have stayed continually twitchy. Studying for a degree in Spanish translation and then learning five more languages only poured more fuel onto her travelling ardor.
Gaby likes nothing better than discovering new destinations and meeting the locals, tasting the cuisine and hearing about the local stories. Her other indulgences include French cinema, boxing, photography, colourful manicures and soaking up the rays on a sun-infused beach. She counts Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon and Cornwall as her most favourite places in the world.