Famous for being UK’s first surf city, Newquay perches gorgeously on the north coast of Cornwall. The fun, upbeat and breezy British seaside town is home to world-class surfing, wild nightlife, and many family-friendly attractions.
Newquay’s surf heritage goes back to the 1960s when all surf legends would come here during the summer to ride big waves of the Atlantic. Tourists from all over the world flock to enjoy surfing, wild swimming, camping, hiking, coasteering, and other seaside activities.
Newquay also happens to boast an impressive array of accommodation options. From trendy beachfront hotels to Victorian-style boutique B&Bs, here are my favourite cool and unusual hotels in Newquay, England (in no particular)...
1. The Headland Hotel and Spa – one of the coolest, Instagrammable and most impressive hotels to stay in Newquay
Occupying a striking redbrick Victorian building and adjoining cottages, The Headland Hotel and Spa is a mile from Newquay town centre with Fristal Beach reachable within a 5-minute walk.
Stylish rooms offer complimentary Wi-Fi, premium linens, and flat-screen TVs. Suites come with 4-poster beds, full kitchens, and private balconies or terraces offering sea views.
An in-house restaurant dishes out locally sourced produce and afternoon snacks. Leisure amenities include a surf school, a heated indoor pool with a sauna, a chic spa, tennis courts, a boules area, a croquet lawn, and a 9-hole golf course.
Address: Fistral Beach, Headland Rd, Newquay TR7 1EW, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for The Headland Hotel and Spa
2. Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa – Adults Only – a romantic and classy upscale boutique place to stay in Newquay perfect for a beautiful seaside break
The ultimate base for romantic weekends, coastal getaways, and wild Cornish adventures, Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa exclusively caters to adults.
Tasteful rooms come with designer beds and light wood furnishings. Flat-panel TVs, coffee makers, and complimentary Wi-Fi are offered in all rooms.
Some rooms are fitted with private balconies, while some have large windows offering sea views. Suites offer whirlpool baths, separate living areas, and game consoles.
Address: Esplanade Rd, Newquay TR7 1PT, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa – Adults Only
3. Oceanside Lifestyle Hotel – a trendy, funky and fun hotel with plenty of quirky-chic details perfect for partying or sociable Millenials and Gen Zs
Embodying a true coastal spirit, Oceanside Lifestyle Hotel serves as an excellent base for a relaxed vacation in Newquay. This second-generation, family-run hotel opened its doors to guests in 1983.
From the beach-chic decor to airy spaces to the salty-social vibe, you’ll love absolutely everything about this fiercely-independent hotel on Headland Road.
Each of the 28 rooms is designed to synchronize with the coastal surroundings. You can choose from four accommodations: Balcony Bliss, Saltwater Seaview, Coastal, and Cozy. A flat-panel TV, complimentary Wi-Fi, and controllable heating are offered in every room.
Address: 22 Headland Rd, Newquay TR7 1HN, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for Oceanside Lifestyle Hotel
4. Bedruthan Hotel & Spa – a chic, trendy and contemporary boutique hotel spa where guests can relax their minds and bodies
Overlooking the gorgeous Mawgan Porth Beach, Bedruthan Hotel & Spa offers the best of coastal beauty and urban comforts. It displays a powerful fusion of Danish design with Californian architecture and Cornish ocean breezes
From standard rooms to airy suites to luxury villas, you can choose from a broad array of lodging options here.
Whatever quarter you choose to stay in, you’ll be surrounded by contemporary decor and enjoy access to top-end amenities, such as flat-screen TVs, coffee makers, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
The deluxe hotel is also home to a cozy cafe, a refined restaurant, and a cocktail bar, all offering sweeping coastal views. There’s also a chic spa, outdoor pools with sun loungers, and kids’ playgrounds.
Address: Bedruthan Hotel and Spa Cornwall Trenance, Mawgan Porth TR8 4BU, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for Bedruthan Hotel & Spa
5. Newquay Beach Hotel – a chic, modern and trendy beachfront hotel close to many popular points of interest
Newquay Beach Hotel is a seamless amalgamation of Victorian charm, coastal ambience, and modern sophistication.
Sitting two miles from downtown Newquay, the beachfront hotel boasts spacious rooms with minimalist decor. Private bathrooms with power showers, flat-panel TVs, and wardrobes are featured in all rooms.
The in-house restaurant dishes out the local cuisine in an elegant setting. There’s also a lounge bar with a curated selection of cocktails.
Address: Beach Hotel, 1 Narrowcliff, Newquay TR7 2PS, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for Newquay Beach Hotel
6. Tolcarne Beach Colonial Restaurant and Rooms – a unique and romantic boutique B&B with a great design vibe, and stunning sea views
Tolcarne Beach Village and The Colonial Restaurant come together to provide an all-inclusive vacation on the privately owned Tolcarne Beach. This stunning combo of fine dining and five-star accommodation is exactly what you need to make the most of your time in Newquay.
Guests staying at Tolcarne Beach Colonial Restaurant and Rooms get to wake up to the beautiful views of the Atlantic Ocean. Each of the 14 individually designed rooms boasts a flowing layout with Colonial decor.
In-room amenities available at this beachfront hotel include plush bedding, smart TVs, coffee machines, designer toiletries, and walk-in showers. Select rooms offer 4-poster beds and spa baths, while suites feature large balconies with ocean views.
Address: Newquay TR7 2QN, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for Tolcarne Beach Colonial Restaurant and Rooms
6. The White House Hotel – a lovely period hotel that is within walking distance from the magnificent beaches
With spacious rooms, a warm ambience, and premium amenities, The White House Hotel is one of the best hotels near Tolcarne Beach.
All six rooms feature vibrant decor and come equipped with private bathrooms, plush bedding, and flat-screen TVs.
Complimentary perks include parking and breakfast. The hotel also has a laid-back lounge, a sundeck, and a terrace.
Address: 33 Mount Wise, Newquay TR7 2BH, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for The White House Hotel
8. Esplanade Hotel – a funky family-friendly hotel that provides guests with Insta-worthy panoramic views
Looking over the pristine Fistral Beach, Esplanade Hotel guarantees a truly comfortable stay with all modern luxuries. The 4-star hotel is located a 10-minute walk from Crantock Beach.
Genteel rooms offer complimentary Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and coffee makers. Some rooms come with floor-to-ceiling windows or balconies facing the sea.
At the onsite restaurant, guests can savour international cuisine while revelling in beautiful ocean views. The hotel also offers plenty of amenities for kids, including a soft play area, a splash area, and a pirate ship adventure playground.
Address: Fistral Beach, The Esplanade Hotel, Esplanade Rd, Newquay TR7 1PS, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for Esplanade Hotel
9. Sands Resort Hotel – a modern laid-back resort perfect for a family holiday, a couple’s escape or a short break with friends
Situated about 13 miles from Padstow, Sands Resort Hotel provides accommodation in unfussy rooms with satellite TVs, coffee makers, and free Wi-Fi.
Guests lodging in suites enjoy higher-end amenities, such as sitting areas, additional bathrooms, and sea views.
The onsite restaurant dishes up Mediterranean classics in a relaxed setting. There’s also a bar with a summer terrace, a gym, and a kids’ club.
Address: Watergate Rd, Newquay TR7 3LX, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for Sands Resort Hotel
10. Penwyth House – a distinctive and unique bed & breakfast that offers a cosy and charming accommodation experience in Newquay
Located less than a mile from Porth Beach, Penwyth House is within walking distance of many amazing restaurants and cafes.
The charming B&B boasts uniquely styled rooms with upscale amenities and a homey vibe. All units have flat-screen TVs and private bathrooms with free toiletries, while some also feature a patio and/or a sitting area.
Both a la carte and continental options are available for breakfast.
Address: 1 Stanways Road, Newquay, TR7 3HF, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for Penwyth House
11. OYO Minerva Guesthouse – fun quirky-chic accommodation which makes a great base for partying Millennials and Gen Zs or those looking to explore
Yet another Victorian-style hotel with wonderful ocean views, OYO Minerva Guesthouse is where you enjoy all homey comforts at the best value.
Downhome rooms at this casual hotel offer satellite TVs, coffee makers, and wardrobes. Some rooms come with bunk beds, while others offer sea views.
A full English breakfast is served for free, while afternoon snacks are available for a surcharge. Other amenities include a pool table and a laid-back bar.
Address: 2-3 The Crescent, Newquay TR7 1DT, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for OYO Minerva Guesthouse
12. Legacy Hotel Victoria – an elegant and historic hotel housed in a majestic Victorian building
Set in a magnificent Victorian building behind the South West Coast Path, Legacy Hotel Victoria overlooks the exquisite Tolcarne Beach.
Satellite TVs and coffee makers are available in all rooms. Upgraded units offer sofas and balconies with sea views.
Among the onsite facilities available at the 3-star hotel are a fitness room, a spa, a heated indoor pool, two restaurants, a lounge area, and a game area with billiards.
Address: Hotel Victoria, East St, Newquay TR7 1DB, United Kingdom
- To book, check prices or availability for Legacy Hotel Victoria
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Cornwall
- Cool boutique hotels in Brighton
- Cool boutique hotels in Bristol
- Cool boutique hotels in Bath
- Cool boutique hotels in London
- Cool boutique hotels in Blackpool
- Cool boutique hotels in Edinburgh
- Cool boutique hotels in York
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Hastings
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Exeter
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.