Lying alongside the beauiful Sunshine Coast of Queensland, Noosa is home to lush hinterland, gorgeous beaches, and topped with one of only two everglades systems in the world.
There are countless reasons why Noosa is a holiday spot endeared by many. Combine natural beauty with award-winning restaurants, Noosa is a place where the pace of life slows, a friendly hip scene welcomes you with open arms, and adventure is at your fingertips.
Noosa’s chic ambiance emanates effortlessly through its eclectic cluster of wonderful hotels, which range from graceful tree-lined boutiques to coastal, apartment-style havens. Here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Noosa, Queensland, Australia (in no particular order)...
1. Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort – a lavish, chic and elegant accommodation located in the heart of Noosa, perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Embodying the signature Parisian elegance of the Sofitel brand, the Noosa branch adds a touch of coastal chic to create a warm, local welcome like no other.
Drawing inspiration from the local culture with a soothing palette of colours while celebrating the French art de vivre, upon arrival you will step into a unique world of contemporary comfort.
The spacious rooms are equipped with plush perfection and allow light to beam in through floor-to-ceiling windows, and boast balconies with stunning beach views.
The Beach House Restaurant serves some of the best seafood in Noosa, in authentic dishes which guests can enjoy before sipping a spritz in the Riviera Bar and Lounge, accompanied by romantic sunset views.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
2. Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas – one of Queensland’s most trendy accommodations where guests can enjoy a unique, relaxing and quiet stay
Nestled within the peaceful repose of Noosa National Park, Peppers Resort is designed for indulgence, romance, and an unforgettable journey through Noosa’s wild landscapes.
Here you can spend your days idling in a free-form swimming pool, or pampering yourself in Stephanie’s Ocean Spa. You can discover your home away from home in either an airy penthouse, an apartment, or a gorgeous villa, where you’ll be treated to little boutique touches and all of the conveniences you could possibly desire.
A welcoming environment is offered at the onsite ‘View Restaurant’ which coalesces local and internationally-infused fare into prime, award-winning dishes.
- To book, check prices or availability for Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas
3. RACV Noosa Resort – a 5-star, stylish and upscale accommodation surrounded by pristine beaches and national parks
RACV Noosa Resort, the perfect spot to bask in the golden sands of the sunshine state, was Voted ‘People’s Choice Award’ for Best Accommodation in Queensland for three years.
An affordable range of luxury 1, 2, and 3-bedroom accommodations offer shapes and styles to suit every traveller, with some villas boasting their very own private plunge pool or rooftop spa. The beach can be accessed from the lagoon pool, which is one of three heated on-site swimming pools.
A floodlit, outdoor heated spa bolsters the resort’s opulent activity offerings, and the on-site Kids’ Club provides endless fun for children while adults soak up the lavish surroundings.
A contemporary menu showcases fresh local produce at Acuri restaurant, while oven-baked pizzas and cocktails can be enjoyed as the sun sets at Dazza’s Bar.
- To book, check prices or availability for RACV Noosa Resort
4. On The Beach Noosa Resort – a coastal-chic, contemporary and stylish accommodation within walking distance of several restaurants, boutiques and beach
Famed as one of Noosa’s signature beachfront havens, you are invited to immerse in a unique tropical blend of sea, forest, and sky at this coastal-inspired oasis.
Cleverly designed to capitalize on the true essence of Noosa, all apartments boast stunning ocean views from private balconies, as well as a spa bath and relaxing sun loungers.
For foodies, the resort boasts a menu of fresh local products cooked exquisitely by passionate chefs, where breathtaking views and a peaceful ambiance add an air of luxury to your Noosa vacation.
The hotel’s ground floor features a handful of renowned restaurants, as well as a supermarket and a bakery, offering convenience to guests about to embark on an adventure-filled day out in Noosa’s balmy environs.
- To book, check prices or availability for On The Beach Noosa Resort
5. Noosa Residences – a hip, vibrant boutique accommodation designed by John Mainwaring, a well-known Queensland architect
Close proximity to sand, sea, and nature, blended effortlessly with a boutique charm, makes Noosa Residences the perfect spot for a sun-kissed getaway.
Nestled between the stunning ocean and lush hinterland, a stay here will springboard you straight into the wonders of the majestic Sunshine Coast.
Seamlessly fusing an air of cosmopolitopia with a chic sophistication, the 23 accommodations have been recognized in several design awards, and feature a double lock-up garage and European-inspired appliances. Noosa’s scintillating sunsets can be enjoyed from private balconies before you take a short evening stroll to the foodie heaven of Hastings Street.
- To book, check prices or availability for Noosa Residences
6. The Noosa Apartments – a coastal-style, spacious and beautiful accommodation well equipped for a memorable vacation
Modern sophistication radiates through these lavish boutique apartments, with gorgeous white sofa areas and industrial-style bathroom arrangements adding an air of extravagance.
The property’s lush grounds feature gorgeously maintained plants and soaring palms, which ravishingly bejewel the fresh-water swimming pool.
Dotted around the property in stunning fashion, you will find some quaint sitting areas which offer a peaceful atmosphere after a fun-filled day venturing to and from the nearby Sunshine Beach. An extended garden area provides the space needed to run around with your little ones, roll out your yoga mat, or enjoy pre-dinner drinks.
The resort offers nine fully self-contained apartments featuring two or three bedrooms with two bathrooms, designed with a soothing family vacation in mind.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Noosa Apartments
7. Noosa Crest Resort – a unique, upscale and trendy accommodation overlooking Laguna Bay and the Noosa River
Nestled high on a secluded hilltop amidst beautifully landscaped gardens, Noosa Crest is the optimum haven for those wishing to enjoy a spacious self-contained apartment-style accommodation backdropped by panoramic views.
A stay here will be defined by both relaxation and indulgence, as you gaze out over hinterland sunsets before enjoying a game of tennis on a floodlit court, or lazing in your own private spa.
Each apartment boasts all the graceful amenities required for a blissful stay, topped with full use of the resort BBQ areas, pools, and sauna.
A 400-metre stroll through the private rainforest boardwalk will lead you directly to the sophistication of Hastings Street and its fine boutiques and alfresco cafés, as well as the world-famous Noosa Beach.
- To book, check prices or availability for Noosa Crest Resort
8. Bella Casa Noosa – a contemporary, bright and hip accommodation steps away from Noosa Beach and Hastings Street
Seamlessly blending comfort, convenience, and sophistication, Bella Casa delivers a luxury Noosa vibe from the beating heart of Hastings Street.
The glamour of top-rate boutiques, the beauty of Main Beach, and the stunning spectacle of Noosa National Park can be reached within just a few steps.
The epitome of Australian coastal chic, Bella Casa attracts hikers and water sport adventurers to its selection of one, two, and three-bedroom configurations, which are expertly appointed and offer state-of-the-art amenities designed for total relaxation.
Beyond each apartment, guests are invited to further indulge in a heated pool and a spa, where a peaceful reprieve from a day brimming with antics can be sought.
- To book, check prices or availability for Bella Casa Noosa
9. SandCastles Noosa – a beachfront boutique accommodation where guests can enjoy an elegant and quirky-chic stay
Between the mesmerizing Main Beach and the cosmopolitan Hastings Street, you will find this stunning boutique hotel. All of the self-contained apartments boast a large balcony where you can relax in pure serenity, topped with a charming staff presence which prides itself on impeccable attention to detail.
The apartments are decked out in elegant décor, where dark furnishings beautifully contrast the soft hues and nautically inspired artwork. Plush linens and opulent seating areas evoke glamour and sophistication, while the stunning outdoor pool offers a spacious spot of respite, around which you can soak up Noosa’s enviable charm.
Conveniently located, an early morning walk can take you straight into the national park where a soothing hinterland ambiance awaits.
- To book, check prices or availability for SandCastles Noosa
10. Saks on Hastings – a relaxed, lavish and stylish accommodation where guests have the luxury of a heated pool and rooftop terrace
Nestled amongst Noosa’s quirky cafés and boutiques yet mere steps from the National Park, these relaxed holiday apartments evoke intimacy through plush seating arrangements and luxurious bedding.
Cosy yet spacious, here you will find an optimum blend of comfort and sophistication, where soft-wood furniture meets boho-chic décor in a bright open space.
Guests can choose between two- and three-bedroom apartments plus a further penthouse which boasts an 8-seater dining table and features a lavish balcony which peers out over lush hinterland.
A bright blue swimming pool girdled by a tiled patio provides further opportunities for total relaxation, and is secluded beneath towering trees on one side and the property’s opulent building on the other side.
- To book, check prices or availability for Saks on Hastings
11. Noosa Boutique Apartments – a cool, bright and newly renovated accommodation that is an ideal stay to experience what Sunshine Coast has to offer
Quaint and affordable, this boutique complex is situated 600 metres from the vibrant Hastings Street. It has seen a recent refurbishment with many apartments offering a touch of coastal chic to complement the stunning sunset views.
Nautically inspired cushions contrast beautifully with the light tones in the plush seating areas, while stunning artwork shares a nod to Noosa’s colourful surroundings.
The pool area, gorgeously lit at night, is nicely shaded under rainforest-style trees, and encircled by comfy deck chairs offering the perfect spot to enjoy an evening drink.
The bedrooms are decorated with glamour and sophistication at the core, while much of the rest of the property pays homage to the tropical greenery which defines the surrounding area.
- To book, check prices or availability for Noosa Boutique Apartments
12. Seahaven Noosa Beachfront Resort – a family-friendly, upscale and cool accommodation providing panoramic views of Laguna Bay
Luxury, family-friendly apartments greet guests to an ambiance of comfort and sophistication at Seahaven, the largest beachfront resort on Hastings Street.
Boasting a garden setting of soaring palms, evenings can be spent gazing at the star-lit sky surrounded by a cacophony of nature sounds. Here you have surfing lessons, beach yoga, and stand-up paddle boarding along the Noosa River at your fingertips, while the 68 self-contained accommodations are perfectly positioned to enjoy uninterrupted Beach views.
Whether you’re travelling for a romantic couple’s getaway, a family vacation, or an epic trip with friends, Seahaven has you covered. A thin stretch of palm-lined greenery separates the elegant outdoor pool from the azure ocean waters, where you can take the most picturesque, Instagrammable vacation shots.
- To book, check prices or availability for Seahaven Noosa Beachfront Resort
13. Hotel Laguna – a vibrant, modern and chic accommodation featuring an outdoor pool and BBQ area
Directly across from Noosa beach, Hotel Laguna is nestled in a quaint spot on Hastings Street, where guests can access some of the trendiest boutiques Noosa has to offer.
Stylish self-catering apartments come in unique compositions, with some featuring riverside balconies and some offering secluded poolside views.
All have the wow factor through a large open design and reflect the atmosphere of this charming Noosa vacation haven. The hotel offers tailored golfing packages to guests, and boasts an award-winning bar and restaurant ‘Miss Moneypenny’s’ which serves delicious cuisine.
This fine eatery is the perfect spot to begin your evening amid the vibrant buzz of Hastings Street.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Laguna
14. L’Auberge Noosa – a French-inspired, unique and vibrant accommodation perfect for a couple’s romantic getaway
This angelic French Polynesian-style holiday retreat welcomes guests through vibrant lights and charming coastal hues, to a world of splendour only 10 minutes walk to Noosa Main Beach and the famous Hastings Street.
Boasting an enticing rock garden setting, guests can rejuvenate with the feeling that they are worlds away from the cosmopolitan scene, in an environment topped with quirky huts and island charm.
A heated outdoor saltwater swimming pool and hot tub offer the grace and refinement we crave from a peaceful reprieve, while the self-contained apartments boast stunning balconies and terraces amid a gentle hinterland setting.
- To book, check prices or availability for L’Auberge Noosa
15. Netanya Noosa – a modern, beautiful and laid-back accommodation in close proximity to local attractions
Offering resort-style accommodation to the discerning holidaymaker, this smart and modern apartment hotel is teeming with contemporary artwork, while blond-wood furniture keeps the vibe bright and beachy.
Some apartments boast their very own terrace with beach umbrellas, gas barbeques, and comfy furniture, while others feature beach-view balconies. All are embellished with quirky art from the lobby gallery.
Equipped to fulfil guests’ adventurous endeavours, the resort has a hamper delivery service, and if you arrange in advance, a private chef can cook you up delectable meals.
An exquisite pool is beautifully set at the end of the resort’s grounds, around which you can gaze out over the ocean waves, before heading out onto the sandy shores.
- To book, check prices or availability for Netanya Noosa
We also have posts on…
- Cool and unique hotels in Brisbane
- Cool and unique hotels in The Gold Coast
- Cool and unique hotels in Byron Bay
- Cool and unique hotels in Syndey
- Cool and unique hotels in Melbourne
- Cool and unique hotels in Perth
- Cool and unique hotels in Adelaide
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Cairns
- Cool boutique hotels in Auckland
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Broome
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Bondi
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Blue Mountains
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Darwin
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Hobart
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Port Douglas
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Fremantle
Born and raised in Brazil, Gaby has always had a taste for the intriguing, the off-beat and the far flung. After travelling around most of South America, living in Spain and Italy and then moving to England, her feet have stayed continually twitchy. Studying for a degree in Spanish translation and then learning five more languages only poured more fuel onto her travelling ardor.
Gaby likes nothing better than discovering new destinations and meeting the locals, tasting the cuisine and hearing about the local stories. Her other indulgences include French cinema, boxing, photography, colourful manicures and soaking up the rays on a sun-infused beach. She counts Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon and Cornwall as her most favourite places in the world.