A typical SoCal beachside town with a free-spirited vibe and vibrant community, Oceanside attracts nature lovers and adventurers with the turquoise waters and wide sandy beaches of the Pacific Ocean.
One of the most visited destinations in San Diego County, Oceanside beckons travelers from all walks of life by offering something unforgettable to everyone.
Oceanside’s exciting treasure trove of memorable experiences is brimming with award-winning fine dining, oceanview seafood joints, a romantic harbor, scenic beaches, and an action-packed downtown.
From the finest boutique hotels to quirky B&Bs and chic resorts, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Oceanside, California (in no particular order)...
1. The Green Room Hotel – unique, boho-chic Insta-worthy boutique accommodation offering guests complimentary surfboards and beach cruisers
Inspired by Southern California’s love for music and surfing, The Green Room Hotel welcomes ocean lovers to the heart of the Carlsbad Village – a delightful community with glorious beaches and award-winning cuisine.
The recently renovated hotel features 12 luxury suites decorated with an eclectic bohemian flair. Guests can find their match from 5 suites, 6 deluxe suites, and one spacious two-bedroom suite. The interiors inspire awe with their mid-century furnishings, retro keepsakes, custom artworks, and exotic Moroccan rugs.
The premises offers a communal patio area to lounge by the fire pit, a cedar hot tub, and an outdoor entertainment area.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Green Room Hotel
2. Mission Pacific Hotel, part of JdV by Hyatt – an upscale, chic boutique hotel perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Nestled in the heart of Oceanside, the Mission Pacific Hotel combines Southern California’s bohemian flair with indulgent amenities, like chef-inspired dining, coastal-themed artwork, and a rooftop pool overlooking the ocean.
This vibrant hotel attracts free-spirited travelers with its heartfelt hospitality and art-filled interiors. The spacious guest rooms and suites have an authentic California-style vibe blended with Oceanside’s coastal energy.
The Mission Pacific offers 161 rooms, including 38 spacious suites, and each accommodation features a unique artisanal flair with earthy hues and fine furnishings.
This beachfront location places travelers in the midst of the most visited regional destinations from downtown San Diego to Los Angeles.
- To book, check prices or availability for Mission Pacific Hotel, part of JdV by Hyatt
3. The Brick Boutique Hotel – a new, hip and stylish accommodation perfect for Insta-loving Millennials and Gen Zs
A historic venue with a proud legacy, The Brick Boutique Hotel is housed in a charming 1888 building in the heart of Oceanside’s vibrant downtown area.
This lovingly restored hotel combines old-world luxury with modern comforts, offering an extensive array of suites, multiple in-house dining options, and a beer garden.
The pet-friendly rooms are ideal for solo travelers, couples, families, and large groups seeking unpretentious hospitality with a central location surrounded by the best of Oceanside’s tourist attractions. The guest rooms feature open floor plans with floor-to-ceiling windows and high-end furniture, while many accommodations come with private balconies.
The onsite Q&A Restaurant & Oyster Bar specializes in traditional New Orleans fares while guests also enjoy access to Frankies and the Stone Tap Room.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Brick Boutique Hotel
4. The Seabird Resort – part of Destination by Hyatt – a trendy, pet-friendly and tranquil resort featuring a spa and wellness center
An impressive project of the world-renowned Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, the Seabird Resort pays homage to Southern California’s timeless traditions with an unrivaled beachside location.
One of the finest beachfront resorts in Northern San Diego, the Seabird tempts discerning travelers with elegant accommodations, lavish amenities, onsite dining options, a world-class spa, and proximity to innumerable tourist attractions.
The Seabird Resort is home to 226 accommodations, including 56 suites, furnished with modern appliances, eclectic furniture, unobstructed ocean views, and enthralling artwork courtesy of the Oceanside Museum of Art.
The resort is home to three onsite restaurants, including Piper, famous for inventive farm-to-table dining. The onsite Shore Room is a popular spot for cocktail lovers.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Seabird Resort – part of Destination by Hyatt
5. The Fin Hotel, Tapestry Collection by Hilton – an elegant, contemporary and industrial-chic hotel located in the heart of downtown Oceanside
Discerning travelers flock to The Fin Hotel to immerse in boutique-like luxuries and diligent hospitality synonymous with the globally-renowned Hilton brand. Situated a stone’s throw away from the ocean, the Fin spoils its guests with expertly curated comforts and keen attention to detail.
The guest rooms are decked with the finest of furniture and linens, featuring 300-thread count bedding, 50-inch HDTVs, and multiple in-room appliances. Travelers can explore rooms featuring king and queen-sized beds or upgrade to an accommodation with additional facilities, like a private sun deck or a furnished living area.
The Fin Hotel allows travelers to enjoy proximity to the beach and Oceanside Pier, and the action-packed downtown area.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Fin Hotel, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
6. The Marbella – trendy and chic boutique accommodation with funky decor where guests can experience a beachfront location
The Marbella is an ideally located beachfront venue situated on the Strand, a stone’s throw away from the beach, the Pier, and world-class entertainment.
This boutique vacation rental offers the ultimate setting for a beachside retreat right next to the turquoise waves, award-winning restaurants, and recreational sites.
The property is home to 21 guest rooms decorated with fine furniture and artworks commissioned by local artists. Each room offers a kitchenette with an electric stove, a refrigerator, cookware, and other appliances.
The Marbella places nature lovers 20 feet from the beach, making it the perfect spot for early-morning beach runs and late-night bonfires by the ocean.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Marbella
7. The Hotel Oceanside – a pet-friendly, contemporary and quirky accommodation well-equipped for a memorable vacation
Centrally located on Highway 101, The Hotel Oceanside commands a domineering presence with its wrought-iron balconies and quintessential Southern California architecture.
The accommodations have been recently renovated to infuse the old-world structure with a chic contemporary flair and modern amenities.
Each accommodation offers plush triple-sheeted beds, a work desk, and innumerable in-room appliances, including a flat-panel TV, a microwave, and a coffee maker. Families and large groups can explore suites with a fully-equipped kitchenette and additional furniture to satisfy their needs.
Guests cannot stop raving about the hotel’s complimentary Bright Side Breakfast, featuring hot waffles, biscuits, gravy, and fresh fruits.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Hotel Oceanside
8. Hang Ten Hideaway – vibrant, hip and boho-style accommodation with a cool surf theme ideal for a group getaway
A fabulous beachfront home for family vacations and wedding parties, the Hang Ten Hideaway can accommodate multiple guests with its spacious rooms and open floor plan.
The large sliding glass door brims up the interiors with sunshine, and guests can watch the turquoise Pacific waves crashing from their private balcony.
The full kitchen is well-equipped for homemade meals and entertaining guests, offering ample counter space and smart appliances for fuss-free cooking. The premises offers access to a shared hot tub and a shared pool.
This rental is ideal for surfing enthusiasts eager to learn, as the North County Surf Academy is just around the corner.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hang Ten Hideaway
9. Pier View Retreat – newly renovated, charming and upscale accommodation providing guests with Insta-worthy views overlooking the ocean
Nature lovers dreaming of waking up to stunning views of the Pacific Ocean will find this beachfront retreat ideally appointed to their needs.
Situated in the North Coast Complex, this two-story condo features two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a sprawling balcony, and an expansive roof deck. The indoor and outdoor spaces are designed to enjoy panoramic views of the ocean, Oceanside Harbor, and the Pier.
The vacation rental offers a fully-equipped kitchen, a dining area, multiple smart appliances, and newly furnished bedrooms. The roof deck features comfortable furniture to have outdoor breakfasts or enjoy the ocean breeze with a romantic dinner.
- To book, check prices or availability for Pier View Retreat
10. Loon Lagoon – bright, modern and beautiful accommodation within walking distance of the beach
Loon Lagoon beckons travelers with its bright and colorful interiors, indulgent amenities, and close proximity to the beach.
Nestled one block away from the beach, this ground-floor condo is beautifully furnished to curate a home-away-from-home experience. Cooking enthusiasts are bound to fall in love with the full kitchen, well-equipped with quality cookware, gadgets, and pantry items.
The fenced patio offers an outdoor dining table to enjoy alfresco-style dining under the sun, while guests can also access the onsite BBQ and picnic area overlooking the pool. The premises offers an ocean view swimming pool, a hot tub, a sauna, a fitness area, and a garden patio.
- To book, check prices or availability for Loon Lagoon
11. Oceanside Marina Suites – A Waterfront Hotel – a classic, serene and spacious hotel offering guests complimentary continental breakfast
Nestled in a private peninsula on the Oceanside Harbor, this waterfront hotel is surrounded by turquoise waves from three sides. Oceanside Marina Suites boasts a magical location, much like a little island surrounded by water. Guests can stroll out to the Marina Village to enjoy waterfront dining or soak up the sunshine from their private patios.
This newly renovated venue offers individually appointed one and two-bedroom suites, large enough to house large groups with multiple guests comfortably. The suites come with fully equipped kitchens and fireplaces, while solo travelers can explore standard rooms at affordable rates.
Travelers eager to indulge in luxury can explore luxury suites with in-room spas or make the most of the shared amenities like the heated pool, Cabana room, sauna, and onsite spa.
- To book, check prices or availability for Oceanside Marina Suites – A Waterfront Hotel
12. Kaza Kokos – a Bali-themed, beautiful and charming accommodation where guests can enjoy a garden and BBQ facilities
Situated within walking distance from the Oceanside city center and the California Surf Museum, Kaza Kokos offers travelers comfortable accommodations, a golf course, and plenty of outdoor space to soak up the sunshine.
The interiors play up a Bali-themed island vibe with boutique-like amenities, allowing guests to enjoy its unique location with maximized comfort and convenience. The rooms come with a furnished patio and kitchenette, multiple smart appliances, and ensuite bathrooms. Solo travelers prefer the garden-view single room featuring a functional kitchenette and plush bedding.
Travelers could not ask for a better location to enjoy the best of Oceanside’s beaches, mountains, and the Pacific Ocean.
- To book, check prices or availability for Kaza Kokos
13. 1301 S Pacific #A – a modern, family-friendly and newly renovated accommodation in close proximity to local attractions
A family-friendly vacation rental with stunning beach views and proximity to popular attractions, 1301 S Pacific #A offers easy access to the beach, Legoland, and the Del Mar Racetrack. The 2-bedroom rental offers 2 bathrooms featuring exquisite stone showers and glass sinks.
This property has been recently renovated, featuring multiple upgrades that set it apart from neighboring duplexes. The kitchen has modern interiors with eclectic lighting, bright tiles, and wooden cabinets featuring multiple appliances to cook and entertain guests.
The bedrooms and living areas offer unobstructed beach views, while the furnished deck beckons guests to relax and enjoy Oceanside’s golden sunsets.
- To book, check prices or availability for 1301 S Pacific #A
14. Oceanside San Miguel – a fancy, elegant and bright accommodation located in a gated community steps away from the ocean
Oceanside San Miguel welcomes vacationers with a matchless location, situated a stone’s throw away from the beach, popular surf spots, and the hip downtown quarters.
This oceanfront condo wins over travelers with its bright and colorful interiors, well-furnished living spaces, and heaps of outdoor space to enjoy sweeping ocean views.
The condo features an open floor plan with spacious bedrooms, a stainless steel kitchen, a dining area, and an expansive living room that opens into a lovely patio.
Guests have access to a breakfast bar, a built-in wine cooler, and a shared pool overlooking the ocean. The condo is equipped with multiple smart appliances to maximize convenience.
- To book, check prices or availability for Oceanside San Miguel
15. Southern California Beach Club – a quiet, spacious and classic accommodation surrounded by restaurants and shopping
The Southern Californian Beach Club positions travelers on The Strand, Oceanside’s most coveted address to enjoy a lavish beachside vacation and surf to your heart’s content. The extensive line-up of accommodations features studio rentals and one and two-bedroom condos with a home-like setting.
The accommodations offer well-equipped mini kitchens, smart appliances, ensuite bathrooms, private balconies, and sofa sleepers to accommodate large groups. Guests enjoy feasting their eyes on panoramic ocean views from the rooftop, lounging by the sun deck, and de-stressing in the onsite hot tub.
The central location brings everything within walking distance, from beachside walkways and picnic spots to local restaurants and retail outlets.
- To book, check prices or availability for Southern Californian Beach Club
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in San Diego
- Cool boutique hotels in Laguna Beach
- Cool boutique hotels in Long Beach
- Cool boutique hotels in Newport Beach
- Cool boutique hotels in Huntington Beach
- Cool boutique hotels in Los Angeles
- Cool boutique hotels in Malibu
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Santa Catalina Island
- Cool and Unusual hotels in San Clemente
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.