The much-loved laid-back beach town is located along Pacific Coast Highway – one of the most beautiful road routes in the world – is known for its sun, sandy beach, surf, gorgeous sunsets, interesting wildlife, spectacular coastal scenery, and beach buggy fun. Located midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, it is the ideal stopping point along this legendary road trip journey.
With stretches of exquisite white-sand beach, cute properties, and extraordinary views, you may even want to stay a bit longer. To make your stay even more special, from quaint and intimate boutique inns to modern self-catering, and everything in between here are some of the best cool and unusual hotels in Pismo Beach, California (in no particular order, they’re all awesome)…
1. Vespera Resort on Pismo Beach, Autograph Collection – a chic, hip and modern seafront resort with gorgeous beach views
Situated along Pismo Beach’s popular stretch of sun, surf, and sand, Vespera Resort on Pismo Beach, Autograph Collection boasts the best of California beach culture. It is one of the modern hotels with elegant rooms featuring a casual coastal aesthetic.
The hotel is a perfect holiday base for anyone looking to experience an exquisite stay in Pismo Beach.
As a guest at this hotel, you can enjoy various activities within and around Pismo Beach, such as cycling and beach-based activities. It is the ideal hub for excitement and adventure that offers a unique blend of West Coast sensibilities and East Coast charm.
- To book, check prices or availability for Vespera Resort on Pismo Beach, Autograph Collection
2. Inn at the Pier – a cool and trendy contemporary boutique inn within walking distance to the beach
The Inn at the Pier is located 1.55 miles from the Pismo Beach Shopping Center and 8.7 miles from San Luis Obispo Airport. It is situated several footsteps from the boardwalk and pier.
Inn at the Pier is among the best modern hotels with deluxe, craftsman-design in Pismo Beach. It features high-end amenities and boutique guest rooms that reflect a luxurious beach house.
The hotel rooms are beautifully designed and feature indulgent bathing amenities, flat-screen TVs, and private balconies. It offers a rooftop restaurant, allowing you to relish the view of the fantastic coastline as you enjoy savory entrees and refreshing cocktails.
Your experience in Inn at the Pier is one you’ll never forget as it combines contemporary and classic venues and super-amazing services.
- To book, check prices or availability for Inn at the Pier Pismo Beach
3. SeaCrest Oceanfront Hotel – a funky and hip oceanfront hotel that features a rooftop terrace, perfect to watch the sunset
Indulge in the irresistible view of Pismo Beach at the SeaCrest Oceanfront hotel. This holiday home features numerous amenities to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
The SeaCrest Oceanfront Hotel is among the design hotels that have earned multiple accolades, including the esteemed Excellence in Hospitality and Lodging award presented by the California Lodging Sector Association.
This hotel features 158 retro-designed rooms with refreshingly unique décor and modern amenities, such as an iPod docking station, complimentary Wi-Fi, microwave, fridge, and flat-panel HDTVs, just to mention a few.
In the outdoors, it provides a heated swimming pool overlooking the Pacific, a cozy fireplace, and a splendid rooftop terrace. With straight access to the sands of Pismo Beach, you would get to enjoy breathtaking sunset at the coastline, creating unbelievable memories.
- To book, check prices or availability for SeaCrest Oceanfront Hotel
4. Shell Beach Inn – a charming, trendy and unique boutique inn that offers panoramic mountain views
Shell Beach Inn is located within 3.1 miles of Pismo Beach’s Outlet Shopping Center and 1.18 miles of Pismo State Beach. This hotel offers accommodation with free Wi-Fi, private parking for guests with cars, and an outdoor swimming pool.
It features a concierge service, providing visitors with a phenomenal sun terrace. Specific rooms of the hotel have a patio with a pool view, giving guests an extra reason to enjoy their stay. Every room has a seating area, private bathroom, flat-screen TV, towels, bed linen, and wardrobe.
Upgrade hotel rooms feature a stovetop, minibar, and kitchen with an oven. Shell Beach Inn really is a home away from home!
- To book, check prices or availability for Shell Beach Inn Pismo Beach
5. The Cliffs Hotel and Spa – one of the most Instagrammable resorts on Pismo beach perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Located on the cliff above Shell Beach, the Cliffs Hotel and Spa is breathtaking holiday accommodation. If you’re looking getaway to the Pismo Beach water, this hotel can be a perfect fit.
It features ocean-inspired décor, making it one of the coziest and most trendy hotels in Pismo Beach. It provides straight access to the beach and unique features that make guests want to stay longer.
This is one of the best hotels in town and offers pet-friendly accommodation and rooms with balconies and fireplaces. Other highlights include an on-site restaurant (Marisol) offering locally-sourced seafood, and an on-site spa which offers body treatments, massages, and facials.
Also, this restaurant hosts live music, happy hour specials, and Sunday brunches, allowing you to create unforgettable and unique experiences.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Cliffs Hotel and Spa
6. Spyglass Inn – a super cute, casual place to stay that offers great amenities, including an outdoor pool and an onsite restaurant
Want to stay somewhere intimate and romantic? The Spyglass Inn definitely fits the bill. This cute boutique-style inn offers the latest comforts and a picturesque ocean view.
The 82-room hotel provides top-class amenities, including flat-panel TVs, bathrobes, Wi-Fi, and high-end bathing amenities.
Other amenities feature cozy fireplaces, private terraces, and oceanfront fire pits that create a serene scene and watching the sunset is a truly special experience.
- To book, check prices or availability for Spyglass Inn Pismo Beach
7. Cottage Inn by the Sea – an amazing hotel where guests can use the sundeck that overlooks the ocean, ideal for a romantic escape
This hotel is situated on a 4-minutes walk from Pismo Beach. Visitors can utilize the sundeck, which overlooks the ocean, giving them a spectacular view of the oceanfront and the beach.
All rooms of this cool hotel have free Wi-Fi, a fireplace, complimentary toiletries, a fridge, a coffee machine, and a microwave. Also, guests with cars enjoy free parking. Furthermore, the Cottage Inn by the Sea has a business center and a heated outdoor pool to enhance your staying experience.
- To book, check prices or availability for Cottage Inn by the Sea
8. SeaVenture Beach Hotel – affordable upscale accommodation with charming modern decor
Do you want to stay right next to the beach itself? If yes SeaVenture is a great option for your stay. It’s one of the two modern hotels situated on the beach sand, offering the quickest access to downtown and the Pacific Ocean.
It provides guests with much-needed convenience and relaxation. For instance, it has an on-site spa and restaurant to spice up your experience. The restaurant features a seasonal menu prepared from locally-sourced vegetables, fresh fish and seafood. Desserts are curated in-house.
Some rooms have a private terrace featuring a hot tub. The sitting area has a fireplace, TV, and free Wi-Fi access throughout the property. 24/7 laundry and reception services are also available to enhance guests’ convenience. This stylish hotel is arguably one of the coolest places you’ll stay in Pismo Beach.
- To book, check prices or availability for SeaVenture Beach Hotel
9. Pismo Lighthouse Suites – a stylish and themed modern holiday home which features nautical-themed suites
Looking for a stylish and great value holiday home in Pismo Beach? Well, Pismo Lighthouse Suites have got you covered. It’s located right on the Pismo Beach shores.
This hotel boasts a year-round hot tub and outdoor pool. If you’re a pet lover, this hotel is perfect for you as it is pet-friendly. Pismo Lighthouse Suites was voted as the best for families in Pismo Beach.
Each suite is nautical-themed and includes a mini-fridge, 2 flat-screen TVs, a microwave, and a coffee machine. Specific suites feature a comfy living space, opening to a private balcony or patio. Upon checking in, guests can relish coffee or tea in the lobby and biscuits.
The hotel also offers a stretched hot continental breakfast buffet. If you have a family, you can play badminton at the property, making your stay even more lively.
- To book, check prices or availability for Pismo Lighthouse Suites
10. Designer Beach Retreat – 240FH – easily one of the most stunning vacation homes in Pismo Beach, ideal for families
Situated in Pismo Beach, 0.94 miles from Pismo State Beach, this hotel provides accommodation services with a terrace. The Designer Beach Retreat – 240FH offers a 24/7 front desk to enhance the guests’ stay experience.
It’s the perfect destination to stay for online workers and freelancers, as you get to enjoy free Wi-Fi. Each room has a private balcony, ideal for meditation and admiring the scene.
This hotel is a holiday home that features 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a flat-screen TV, bed linen, and towels. The kitchen has several amenities, including a microwave and dishwasher to enhance your staying experience.
- To book, check prices or availability for Designer Beach Retreat – 240FH
We also have posts on…
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Santa Barbara
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Carmel
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Sacramento
- Cool and Unique Hotels in San Francisco
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Seattle
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Los Angeles
- Cool and Unique Hotels in San Diego
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Portland
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Palm Springs
- Cool boutique hotels in San Jose
- Cool boutique hotels in Avila Beach
- Cool boutique hotel in Laguna Beach
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Malibu
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Monterey
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Santa Rosa
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Beverley Hills
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Long Beach
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Morro Bay
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Cambria
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Half Moon Bay
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Solvang
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.