Sitting at the northern tip of Cape Cod, Provincetown is a longtime sanctuary for artists and the LGBTQ+ community.
From scenic beaches with formidable riptides to the buzzing Commercial Street dotted with eateries and shops, Provincetown offers an eclectic range of attractions, catering to all stripes of travelers. It is probably best known for the Pilgrim Monument, the country’s tallest all-granite building with sweeping city views.
Explore educational exhibits housed in Provincetown Museum, take a stroll along MacMillan Pier, lounge on Race Point Beach, and immerse yourself in local and international art at Provincetown’s many galleries.
With so many terrific things to see and do in Provincetown, you’ll need a comfy place of lodging to retire to at night. Luckily, P-town is home to high-end boutique hotels, historic B&Bs, and unique guesthouses. Here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Provincetown, Massachusetts (in no particular order)...
1. Provincetown Inn – a classic, charming and unique hotel with a beachfront location, steps away from the ocean
Provincetown Inn is an excellent choice for vacationers who want to fully immerse themselves in the city’s natural beauty. Housed in several low-rise buildings overlooking Provincetown harbor and Cape Cod, this magnificent hotel retains its historic charm while offering modern amenities.
With a private beach, a waterfront pool, and a seasonal pool bar and grill, there’s so much to do on-site. If you are feeling peckish, treat your buds to New England classics at the onsite restaurant.
Breakfast, on the other hand, is served in a beachside lounge.
Address: 1 Commercial St, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Provincetown Inn
2. Crowne Pointe Historic Inn Adults Only – a quiet, elegant boutique hotel perfect for a couple’s romantic getaway
Dating from the 19th century, Crowne Pointe Historic Inn is housed in five well-maintained buildings on a private estate on Bradford Street. Rooms and suites at this 4-star hotel are tastefully decorated to accommodate opulent travelers.
Basic amenities like Keurig coffee makers and flat-screen TVs are available in all units, while suites also offer private decks, fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs.
Complimentary perks include an airport shuttle, parking, and breakfast. As a guest, you’ll also have access to a heated pool, an outdoor hot tub, a steam room, a spa, a sauna, and a classy restaurant with a wine bar.
Address: 82 Bradford St, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Crowne Pointe Historic Inn Adults Only
3. AWOL Hotel – an Insta-worthy, trendy and chic accommodation perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
AWOL Hotel welcomes guests to a rustic lodging experience with all modern conveniences. Situated on Province Lands Road four miles from Race Point Beach, the hip hotel overlooks dunes, a salt marsh, and moors.
Streamlined rooms at the 3-star hotel come equipped with mini-fridges, smart TVs, and balconies or patios. Upgraded rooms have sitting areas, while suites offer rooftop decks, living rooms, and full kitchens.
Guests also enjoy access to a heated outdoor pool with a poolside bar and a lobby lounge with a fireplace.
Address: 59 Province Lands Rd, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for AWOL Hotel
4. Brass Key Guesthouse Adults Only – a stylish, upscale boutique accommodation featuring an infinity pool, spa treatments and a private terrace
Set in nine historic buildings, some of them dating from the 1790s, Brass Key Guesthouse caters to gay couples looking for a romantic vacation in Provincetown.
Refined rooms at this one-of-a-kind boutique hotel on Bradford Street come equipped with fireplaces, coffee makers, flat-screen TVs, and whirlpool tubs. Individually styled cottages with private patios or decks are also available for lodging.
The hotel also boasts a cozy cocktail lounge, a rooftop deck, a spa, and a heated infinity pool with a hot tub.
Address: 67 Bradford St, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Brass Key Guesthouse Adults Only
5. White Porch Inn – a newly renovated, elegant and award-winning accommodation offering guests a European style continental breakfast
This sophisticated inn on Johnson Street offers accommodation in Cape Cod-inspired rooms with modern decor and original artwork. Each room is outfitted with flat-screen TVs, down comforters, and mini-fridges.
Some rooms offer spa tubs, fireplaces, and private decks with stunning views of Provincetown harbor and the Pilgrim Monument.
Guests can also look forward to plenty of free perks including a full breakfast every morning, hot and cold drinks, and in-room Wi-Fi access.
Located five blocks from MacMillan Pier, White Porch Inn provides easy access to dining and shopping on Commercial Street.
Address: 7 Johnson St, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for White Porch Inn
6. The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel’s – a pet friendly, bright and rustic-chic accommodation located in the heart of Provincetown
With high-end amenities, a warm ambiance, and proximity to downtown action, The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel’s is one of the best places to stay in Provincetown. Housed in 19th-century buildings set around an expansive courtyard, the 4-star hotel features a courtyard garden, a patio area, and a fire pit.
Accommodation options range from studios with upscale amenities to apartments with kitchenettes or full kitchens. Upgraded studios offer fireplaces, balconies, and whirlpool tubs.
Address: 102 Bradford St, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel’s
7. Carpe Diem Guesthouse & Spa – a contemporary, New England style and elegant accommodation ideal for a relaxing and rejuvenating stay
Old-world charm coexists with contemporary design at this upscale B&B on Johnson Street. Located less than a mile from the MacMillan Pier and the Provincetown Harbor, Carpe Diem Guesthouse & Spa is where you’ll experience all shades of New England hospitality.
Elegant rooms at this B&B feature traditional decor and come equipped with private bathrooms, mini-fridges, and flat screens. Upgraded units offer whirlpool tubs and fireplaces.
Onsite amenities include a spa, a hot tub, a steam room, a dry sauna, a meditation room, and a garden with sitting areas.
Address: 12-14 Johnson St, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Carpe Diem Guesthouse & Spa
8. Inn at Cook Street – a creative, modern and traditional B&B surrounded by restaurants, art galleries and boutiques
A Greek Revival-style B&B housed in a bungalow and two cottages on a tree-lined street about a mile from Macmillan Pier. Warm rooms at Inn at Cook Street feature traditional decor, high-thread-count sheets, fridges, and flat-screen TVs with DVD players.
Some units also offer private entrances, sundecks, and/or fireplaces. A full breakfast and afternoon tea with baked goods are complimentary for all guests.
After a long day of sightseeing and outdoor adventures, relax by the Koi pond in the front garden.
Address: 7 Cook St, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Inn at Cook Street
9. Cape Colony Inn – a modern and pet friendly accommodation where guests can enjoy a variety of activities
A down-to-earth lodging experience awaits unfussy vacationers at Cape Colony Inn, a low-key hotel with easy access to downtown attractions.
Modest rooms at this 2-star hotel are outfitted with flat-screen TVs, iPod alarm clock radios, coffee makers, microwaves, and mini-fridges. Artwork portraying local landscapes is featured in all rooms.
With a heated outdoor pool, a picnic area with BBQ grills, and a volleyball court, Cape Colony Inn can keep you entertained all day long. However, if you still get bored, there are plenty of shops, restaurants, and galleries steps from the hotel.
Address: 280 Bradford St, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Cape Colony Inn
10. Foxberry Inn – one of the closest accommodations to the beach in Provincetown where guests can enjoy a beautiful, vibrant and intimate stay
The homeliness of Foxberry Inn will keep you from being homesick as long as you are in Provincetown. Located in a residential area, this 4-star hotel is a 2-minute drive from Herring Cove Beach along Cape Cod Bay.
Unfussy rooms at this casual B&B have all basic amenities, from flat-screen TVs to coffee makers to mini-fridges. Afternoon snacks are complimentary for all guests, while breakfast is served in a snug dining room for a fee.
Address: 29 Bradford Street Ext, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Foxberry Inn
11. Somerset House Inn – a vibrant and historic accommodation in a great location to explore all that Provincetown has to offer
If you want to stay right where all the action is, Somerset House Inn is a perfect pick. Set in a quaint 1840s building on the lively Commercial Street, this gay-friendly B&B combines modern luxury with warm hospitality.
From simple studios with private bathrooms to spacious quarters with whirlpool tubs, you’ll have a range of accommodation options to choose from at this relaxed B&B. As the nearest beach is only a minute’s walk from the property, you can indulge in impressive water views from the patio.
Address: 378 Commercial St, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Somerset House Inn
12. Queen Vic Guest House – a beautiful, sleek and charming B&B where guests can enjoy upscale cocktails at the on-site bar
Queen Vic Guest House is arguably one of the hippest places to stay downtown. Set in a clapboard townhouse on a residential street, this charming B&B features nine individually designed rooms with slanted ceilings, 4-poster beds, and funky accents.
Flat-screens are available in all rooms, while upgraded rooms also feature sitting areas with sofas.
The arty-crafty dining room is where guests enjoy continental breakfast every morning. The onsite cocktail bar offers an excellent selection of craft cocktails. There’s also a garden and a patio with a hot tub.
Address: 166 Commercial St, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Queen Vic Guest House
13. Prince Albert Guest House, Provincetown – a cozy, classic and quaint B&B with BBQ facilities and a terrace
Yet another gorgeous B&B on Commercial Street, Prince Albert Guest House is set in two 1850s sea captains’ houses in the West End district. Both the MacMillian Pier and the Pilgrim Monument are within a 10-minute walk from the guest house.
Whether you want a luxurious stay or prefer it basic, this charming B&B can fulfill your needs. High-end units come equipped with 4-poster beds, high-thread-count sheets, mini-fridges, bay windows, and flat-screen TVs. There’s only one two-bedroom suite, sleeping up to five people.
There’s an antiques-filled dining room where continental breakfast is served every morning. The B&B also features a deck with seating, a hot tub, and landscaped gardens.
Address: 164 Commercial St, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Prince Albert Guest House, Provincetown
14. Lands End Inn – Adults Only – a historic, lavish and unique accommodation providing picturesque panoramic views of the ocean and gardens
If you are visiting Provincetown for its breathtaking scenery, Lands End Inn will do you a great service. Perched on a hilltop overlooking Provincetown Harbor, this charming inn offers sweeping ocean views, lavish accommodations, and tons of onsite amenities.
Rooms at this adults-only hotel feature unique themes, ranging from Victorian to Moroccan. Original artworks, designer wallpapers, and antiques adorn all rooms.
Some rooms also offer free balconies and patios with ocean views. You’ll enjoy some free perks while staying here including evening drinks and snacks and a full breakfast.
Address: 22 Commercial St, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Lands End Inn – Adults Only
15. Lotus Provincetown – a modern, contemporary and bright accommodation in close proximity to local attractions
If you have a thing for Victorian homes, Lotus Provincetown may be the best fit for you. This sophisticated guesthouse on Commercial Street is within walking distance of Provincetown Harbor and the Pilgrim Monument.
At Lotus Provincetown, guests stay in understated rooms with shared bathrooms and flat-screen TVs. Private facilities, seasonal fireplaces, granite wet bars, balconies, and microwaves are featured in upgraded units. Two- to four-bedroom rooms are also available. Communal areas include a garden and a leafy patio.
Address: 296 Commercial St, Provincetown, MA 02657, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Lotus Provincetown
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Cape Cod
- Cool boutique hotels in Martha’s Vineyard
- Cool boutique hotels in Nantucket
- Cool boutique hotels in Newport RI
- Cool boutique hotels in Boston
- Cool boutique hotels in Portland Maine
- Cool boutique hotels in Montuak
Born and raised in Brazil, Gaby has always had a taste for the intriguing, the off-beat and the far flung. After travelling around most of South America, living in Spain and Italy and then moving to England, her feet have stayed continually twitchy. Studying for a degree in Spanish translation and then learning five more languages only poured more fuel onto her travelling ardor.
Gaby likes nothing better than discovering new destinations and meeting the locals, tasting the cuisine and hearing about the local stories. Her other indulgences include French cinema, boxing, photography, colourful manicures and soaking up the rays on a sun-infused beach. She counts Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon and Cornwall as her most favourite places in the world.