Gracefully manicured for the discerning heart, Punta Cana is a sun-soaked paradise perched on the eastern tip of the Dominican Republic. Famed for its unrivalled tropical climate and remarkable shoreline scenery, this Caribbean gem meets every expectation of a dreamy island vacation.
A trip to Punta Cana will be characterized by swimming in twinkling waters of mesmerizing jewelled tones, meandering down pristine beaches which range from coral white to honeycomb gold, and bathing beneath the beating sun.
Punta Cana’s luxurious resorts are loved by thousands of happy holidaymakers year upon year. From blissful boutiques framed by silky-white beaches to impeccable all-inclusive resorts up and down the gorgeous coastline, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (in no particular order)...
1. Margaritaville Island Reserve, Cap Cana All inclusive by Karisma – a fun and trendy upscale place to stay in Punta Cana where party-loving guests can receive the celebrity treatment
Boasting a remarkable location on a world-famous stretch of shoreline, Juanillo Beach, Margaritaville Island Reserve offers unforgettable experiences for travellers of all varieties.
Simply soak up the island sunshine, or dive into thrilling activities on land and sea – this stunning resort is your gateway to it all. Echoing an ethos of barefoot luxury, this 5-star, all-inclusive haven is all about having a place to reconnect, refresh, and rediscover your sense of wonder.
The 228 guest suites and 40 breathtaking villas strike the perfect balance between comfort and opulence, with a nautically inspired coastal décor suffusing the interiors.
You can customize your own in-room bar experience with all your favourite snacks and spirits, while the world-class restaurants offer an island vibe that keeps providing.
- To book, check prices or availability for Margaritaville Island Reserve, Cap Cana All inclusive by Karisma
2. Dreams Flora Punta Cana Resort & Spa – an exquisite and lavish resort that provides amazing facilities and very unique stylish decor
The essence of barefoot luxury is permeated throughout this lavish resort, which is situated a mere 200 metres from Cabeza de Toro Beach.
An enormous communal area boasting high ceilings emits a radiant tropical charm through soft, neutral tones and towering palms. This area is upholstered with a carefully curated selection of seating spots designed to spark that island vigour we all crave.
The grandeur of the property beautifully coalesces with a boutique ambiance, and the air-conditioned units feature quirky artwork of locally inspired patterns to complement their opulent choice of décor.
A stroll through the lush grounds of Dreams Flora is like meandering through paradise, untethered.
- To book, check prices or availability for Dreams Flora Punta Cana Resort & Spa
3. Tropical Deluxe Princess – All Inclusive – a gorgeous resort with beautiful Instagrammable decor where guests perfect for a unique escape
Blending the stunning beauty of the Bavaro Beaches with a splendid palm grove, the recently renovated Tropical Deluxe Princess is an ideal location for a blissful family retreat.
Free transportation is provided, meaning guests can move around the resort with maximum comfort while enjoying the ecological environment characterized by beautiful flora and local animals that the hotel preserves with care.
This 5-star resort boasts first-rate facilities, which include three stunning swimming pools, a carefully selected array of local gastronomy options in its 7 restaurants and 9 bars, and exceptional sporting amenities.
Its 186 amenity-laden deluxe rooms offer a peaceful sleeping experience amid plush linens, elegant décor, and state-of-the-art coffee-making appliances.
- To book, check prices or availability for Tropical Deluxe Princess – All Inclusive
4. Be Live Collection Punta Cana Adults Only – an exclusive Instagrammable beachfront resort ideal for the ultimate relaxation and fun
Here we have an exclusive tourist complex, in the form of a large, palm-tree-ridden paradise, specially designed only for adults.
The bright and colourful rooms boast trendsetting amenities, allowing guests to pamper themselves within their own sanctuary, while five pools dotted around the property make for a blissful, varied escape.
A cheery atmosphere is ever-present at Be Live Collection Punta Cana, most notably on the long beach which boasts a diverse array of activities to suit all traveller profiles.
Evoking a grand feel through its wide-ranging set of vibrant scenes, a large buffet and five a la carte restaurants treat guests to food ranging from locally sourced fare to internationally inspired delights.
- To book, check prices or availability for Be Live Collection Punta Cana Adults Only
5. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana – All Inclusive – a cool, funky and trendy resort perfect for partying Millenials and Gen Zs
Infused with a legendary rock and roll vibe, a stay at the Hard Rock is like having an entire metropolis catered exclusively for you.
Thrilling gaming action in the Caribbean’s best casino, exhilarating nightlife, tantalizing culinary options, and exceptional meeting facilities coalesce under one magnificent roof.
Oh, and the guestrooms are picture-perfect! Everything you know about all-inclusive Caribbean rooms must be put to one side, as at the Hard Rock, a quirky twist on modern luxury is provided to fit every taste.
Spacious, indulgent, and decadent – These three words will hit you from the minute you enter, courtesy of the rock star touches like private balconies, Hydro Spa Tubs, dual showers, and plush bathrobes.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana – All Inclusive
6. Royalton CHIC Punta Cana, An Autograph Collection All-Inclusive Resort & Casino, Adults Only – a chic, modern and Insta-worthy resort that offers great activities and a themed pool
This all-inclusive Autograph Collection paradise invites you to revel in total Punta Cana elegance. Whether that means dancing with CHIC angels in the high-energy foam party, luxuriating with a blissful spa treatment, or feasting on endless gourmet delights, the Royalton has you covered.
Offering the perfect playscape for an adults-only getaway, the stunning beauty of Uvero Alto Beach can be relished alongside the onsite shimmering pools, stylish eateries, and 320 recently updated rooms and suites.
In the comfort of your own sanctuary, you can mix up a cool drink from the minibar to enjoy whilst soaking up the tropical views from your private terrace.
- To book, check prices or availability for Royalton CHIC Punta Cana, An Autograph Collection All-Inclusive Resort & Casino, Adults Only
7. Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana – Adults Only – a cool, fun and relaxing place ideal for a tropical gateway
Catering to couples in pursuit of that perfect romantic getaway, this adults-only all-inclusive resort sits on 40 acres of land and beach, and comes with an awesome range of oceanfront suites which all feature stunning views of the glistening sea.
Whether you’re a thrill seeker or looking to kick back and relax, there will be a bountiful array of activities on offer. The on-site spa is the optimum spot for some well-needed R&R, and is nestled in an underground venue which resembles the cool chambers of a natural stone cave.
In-suite dining is provided, for those who want to enjoy some of the chef’s specialities from the comfort of their own sanctuary.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana – Adults Only
8. Caribe Deluxe Princess – All Inclusive – a fun, funky and trendy resort with a quirky-chic decor located on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Dominican Republic
Offering a pleasant feeling of tranquillity and peacefulness through its beautiful landscapes and the splendour of the nearby crystal-clear waters, the new and modern facilities at this all-inclusive resort echo a radiant charm, which extends into its 335 guestrooms.
Accommodations for all tastes are offered, from romantic Honeymoon and exclusive Royal suites, to the Caribe Deluxe suites. An extra touch of class is offered in the refined VIP experience at the Platinum Zone, which boasts its own spacious lounge with a restaurant and bar.
Featuring various leisure and entertainment activities for both day and night, as well as beach water sports and 2 tennis courts, family fun is brought right to your doorstep at this beautiful paradise haven.
- To book, check prices or availability for Caribe Deluxe Princess – All Inclusive
9. El Beso Adults Only At Ocean El Faro – All Inclusive – one of the best and most unique all-inclusive boutique style resorts in the Dominican Republic
Overlooking the idyllic beaches of Punta Cana, the Ocean El Faro boasts an impressive colonial-style interior design and is widely acclaimed for its elegant rooms, large swimming pools, a lazy river with a gentle current, and a family area with a water park.
Its exclusive areas for guests 18 and over, El Beso, features tremendous services and leisure activities, offering the perfect respite spot for couples looking to relax amid a refined ambiance.
Furthermore, this chic resort features an eclectic range of themed restaurants, as well as an optimum spa experience, while an extensive programme of daytime and night-time activities is offered under the guidance of the knowledgeable entertainment team.
- To book, check prices or availability for El Beso Adults Only At Ocean El Faro – All Inclusive
10. Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana – a striking cool and unusual resort located in a tropical paradise
Dive into the crystal-clear waters of Juanillo Beach, whilst discovering the ultimate escape at this epic resort. Here, guests are invited to lounge by a swim-up bar in one of many infinity pools, before dining in style at a charming selection of 12 restaurants and bars within the resort.
Some of the social spaces boast a boutique feel, whilst some blend quirky modernity with casual elegance, all under the same roof of this gated enclave.
The 375 spacious suites are situated across 40 acres of oceanfront, overlooking white sand beaches and swaying palm trees from private balconies. The staff are always on hand to help with planning day trips, such as zip-lining adventures, and deep-sea fishing excursions.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana
11. Grand Bavaro Princess – All Inclusive – an immaculate, upbeat and trendy resort surrounded by majestic nature
This five-star all-inclusive hotel takes its name from its splendid location right on Bavaro Beach, and is a world-renowned resort famous for its white sands, crystal-clear waters, and awe-inspiring scenery.
All rooms and suites cater to the discerning heart and are set in an ecological complex respecting native vegetation and animals. Here, guests can savour one-of-a-kind cuisine amongst the resort’s 10 themed restaurants.
These include magnificent buffets, oriental shacks, snack bars, and a food truck area where authentic culinary journeys are constantly being updated with new flavours.
What’s more, the property also lays on a full entertainment programme with an exceptional range of activities for all ages, including water and land sports, and rejuvenating wellness experiences.
- To book, check prices or availability for Grand Bavaro Princess – All Inclusive
12. AC Hotel by Marriott Punta Cana – a hip, chic and trendy hotel perfect for design lovers
A modern mindset and attention to detail defines AC Hotel, a hospitality experience which offers a completely new dimension through which to connect with the town.
One of downtown’s most illustrious gems, you can recharge in the morning with a European-inspired breakfast before embarking on a memorable day out amid Punta Cana’s attractions.
At day’s end, you are invited to the glamorous AC Lounge for delicious tapas, Spanish wines on tap, handcrafted cocktails, and craft brews.
Sleek furniture, premium bedding, and smart TV’s offer a touch of class to the guestrooms, which embody the local Punta Cana spirit with a design dedicated to the modern business traveller.
- To book, check prices or availability for AC Hotel by Marriott Punta Cana
13. Sanctuary Cap Cana, All-Inclusive Adult Resort – stylish zenlike travel sustainable accommodation close to the airport
The $45 million gentrification project which has infiltrated this stunning resort has resulted in trendsetting suites, artfully crafted lobbies, and world-class wellness experiences.
Located in a gated community surrounded by 30000 acres of flawless beach and ocean valley roads, the holistically selected range of activities on offer are designed to cater for the thrill seeker, as well as the R&R chaser.
Guests at Sanctuary Cap Cana come to revel in unexpected luxuries, characterized by blissful oceanfront settings, a vibrant culture, and stunning live entertainment.
Designed to complement the predominately Spanish Colonial architecture of the property, the suites and villas feature rich wood accents, tropical rattan furnishings, and elegant coral bathrooms.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sanctuary Cap Cana, All-Inclusive Adult Resort
14. Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort All Inclusive – a very Instagrammable upscale resort surrounded by lush tropical gardens
This grand resort guides visitors to savour the purest Caribbean essence in Punta Cana, with an all-inclusive beachfront experience equipped with colonial-style architecture and Hispanic influences.
With ultimate attention to detail, the air of refined elegance which emanates around this oasis of tranquillity greets you with unforgettable surprises.
End your day at the beach with direct access to your suite, or take your taste buds on a road trip across the globe by sampling the eclectic range of gastronomical specialities on offer.
Otherwise, simply take a stroll through the hotel’s lush, tropical gardens. When night falls, the lights, music, and ambiance will make your Caribbean evenings truly magical. The on-site spa offers refined, oriental serenity in an environment influenced by the beautiful cultures of the east.
- To book, check prices or availability for Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort All Inclusive
15. Eden Roc Cap Cana – a stylish 5-star resort that features French and Italian Rivieras standards
Ranging from lavish boutique villas with private pools to lavishly designed suites with airy vaulted ceilings, the accommodations at this unique and secluded property are nestled amid an exclusive beachfront community at Dominican Republic’s eastern tip.
A stay here is an unforgettable celebration of the senses, where moments of exceptional harmony and tranquillity are ever-present.
This intimate hideaway is the perfect spot to restore your spirits, and the location amid an enclave on the white sandy shores guides its guests to give into the rhythms of island life.
Eden Roc’s Lifestyle programme is an unprecedented, world-class offering, created to cultivate an atmosphere of wellness, and echo a vision that incorporating rejuvenation practices into your daily life is a simple yet unbeatable way of living.
- To book, check prices or availability for Eden Roc Cap Cana
16. Aventura Village Los Corales Beach and Spa – a stylish, modern resort with a spa, gym, several restaurants, pools, and private beach
Oozing an unrivalled sense of glamour, Aventura Village lives and breathes the true essence of island life. With an Instagrammable walkway leading guests to a private beach, a stay here will be filled with magical moments, cocktail in hand, below towering palms and lush blue skies.
The accommodations are graced with a bright interior of blissful white, and are topped with exquisite furniture reflecting a quaint boutique feel.
Boasting an outdoor swimming pool, a bar, and a beautiful garden, the lavish ambiance attracts returning visitors year after year. The on-site spa offers an exceptional, personalized treatment plan, coalescing the richest minerals and oils the Caribbean has to offer.
- To book, check prices or availability for AVENTURA VILLAGE LOS CORALES BEACH and SPA
17. Meliá Punta Cana Beach Wellness Inclusive – Adults only – a unique resort that is the only Wellness-included resort in the Dominican Republic
One of the most beautiful beaches in Punta Cana is situated just off the premises of this wonderful, adults-only resort. From the minute you step foot in the graceful lobby, you know you’re in for a treat, with each area designed to inspire total relaxation and enjoyment.
The state-of-the-art guestrooms boast well-being perks. These include complimentary spa treatments, free use of a personal bike, and access to a blissful water ritual.
Furthermore, a unique wellness experience is ready to be discovered on-site, across five exclusive spaces where all your senses will be stimulated. Meanwhile, a lounge with a rooftop which evokes a sense of refined elegance awaits you with the most incredible sunset views Punta Cana has to offer.
- To book, check prices or availability for Meliá Punta Cana Beach Wellness Inclusive – Adults only
18. Catalonia Royal Bavaro – All Inclusive – Adults Only – an authentic Caribbean resort that offers a peaceful private beach and quirky-chic modern decor
An authentic Caribbean experience graces guests at this exclusive, adults-only resort. Its attention to small details enhances your stay, while the personalized service makes you feel like family.
From its top-notch suites which boast stylish furniture and gorgeous terra-cotta floors, to its innovative restaurant arrangements, to dreamlike sunbathing spots, this tropical paradise will be one to remember for a lifetime.
At Catalonia Royal Bavaro, the main focus is on relishing the charming Punta Cana ambiance, through relaxing in the sprawling pool areas, dancing at late-night discos, and catching stunning sunsets with well-appointed chill music playing through a stunning PA system.
- To book, check prices or availability for Catalonia Royal Bavaro – All Inclusive – Adults Only
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in The Bahamas
- Cool boutique hotels in Bermuda
- Cool and unique hotels in Barbados
- Cool boutique hotels in Miami
- Cool boutique hotels in Key West
- Cool boutique hotels in Key Largo
- Cool boutique hotels in Orlando
- Cool boutique hotels in Palm Beach
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Jamaica
- Cool and Unusual hotels in US Virgin Islands
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Playa del Carmen
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Puerto Rico
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.