The “Biggest Little City in The World” as the locals like to refer to this vibrant and fun city is sometimes overlooked as a destination due to its proximity to Las Vegas but still has plenty to offer to visitors. Gambling is the biggest draw but the surrounding surreally beautiful scenery of majestic mountains meeting the desert is very alluring too.
The Nevada gem also offers a wide variety of entertainment other than the casinos, and the grand upscale accommodation is also another major reason to stay. From arty boutiques to modern and high-tech, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Reno, Nevada (in no particular order)…
1. Whitney Peak Hotel – a very unique and Instagrammable hotel that offers hip modern decor and picturesque mountain views
The Whitney Peak Hotel is located in the heart of Reno, making it the ideal location to explore the city. With all the usual features, air conditioning, flat-screen TVs, fast unlimited WIFI, as well as a chic designer design.
The Whitney Peak Hotel stands out from the rest because of the unusual and creative decor. The climbing wall is a huge draw for guests and makes this property unique. Also, each room is decorated with artwork making it a firm favorite with guests.
Address: 255 N Virginia St, Reno, NV 89501
- To book, check prices or availability for Whitney Peak Hotel
2. Atlantis Casino Resort Spa – an award-winning luxurious resort that’s perfect for both adults and partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Known for its vibrant and stand-out decor, the hotel offers some of the best restaurants in Reno and a world-class casino for casual gamblers and professionals alike.
The Atlantis Casino Resort Spa has also a very special onsite spa with unique treatments and beneficial amenities, so much that it even gained the award of SpaFinder’s Readers’ Choice Award for Best Hotel Casino Spa.
Address: 3800 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502
- To book, check prices or availability for Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
3. Silver Legacy Reno Resort Casino at THE ROW – one of the best places to stay in Reno, situated in the heart of downtown Reno
Located only a short drive from Lake Tahoe, this stylish hotel has everything you could possibly need for a short break or an extended vacation.
With glamorous decor and nightly entertainment, including a comedy club and fantastic restaurants to help you enjoy your stay, you probably won’t want to leave.
The Silver Legacy Resort Casino is one of the best in the area. With over 1,000 slots and nearly 50 card tables, there is something for everybody.
Address: 407 N Virginia St, Reno, NV 89501
- To book, check prices or availability for Silver Legacy Reno Resort Casino at THE ROW
4. Grand Sierra Resort And Casino – a cool, trendy and fun resort that also features a bowling center
Formally the MGM Grand Reno and Hilton Reno, this 1990 room hotel has some of the best facilities in Reno. It is equipped with two cinemas, 12 restaurants, nightclubs, an RV park, a golf driving range, and even a newly opened ice rink.
The on-site casino is the largest gaming floor in Reno and boasts a massive variety of table games and slots. A great place to stay for entertainment and fun in the Nevada city.
Address: 2500 E 2nd St, Reno, NV 89595
- To book, check prices or availability for Grand Sierra Resort And Casino
5. Nugget Casino Resort – a top-rated and popular hotel where guests can enjoy a full-service casino and many gaming options
The Nugget Casino Resort is consistently ranked number one for hotels in Sparks, Nevada and is definitely one of the coolest places to stay in the Reno area.
With award-winning restaurants on-site, a massive casino that can accommodate thousands of gamblers, a gym, and an atrium swimming pool, the Nugget is a popular choice for a stay in Reno.
Address: 1100 Nugget Ave, Sparks, NV 89431
- To book, check prices or availability for Nugget Casino Resort
6. Eldorado Resort Casino at THE ROW – a fun and classic resort that has been named Best Rooms and Suites by Casino Player Magazine
The fun and funky Eldorado Resort Casino is an upper-mid range complex located in downtown Reno that offers guests a wide variety of amenities. These include nightly shows, an 81000sq foot casino, multiple bars, and several on-site restaurants.
The seasonal hot tub is a big draw, as is the pool. Easily the best of the hotels in the area, the Eldorado keeps its guests coming back each and every year.
Address: 345 N Virginia St, Reno, NV 89501
- To book, check prices or availability for Eldorado Resort Casino at THE ROW
7. Circus Circus Reno Hotel Casino at THE ROW – a vibrant and fun-themed Reno hotel that offers a variety of entertainment
As the name suggests, this classically fun hotel draws many of its customers due to the free circus performances held daily.
While the performances are indeed entertaining, the fun Reno hotel has much more to offer its guests, including a large casino with over 900 slots to choose from, three family-friendly arcade areas, restaurants including a steakhouse, Japanese delights, and Mexican orientated restaurant. With free airport transfers available and a great location, Circus Circus has a lot to offer its guests.
Address: 500 N Sierra St, Reno, NV 89503
- To book, check prices or availability for Circus Circus Reno Hotel Casino at THE ROW
8. Boutique Motel in the Heart of Midtown! – a cool, fun and funky apartment motel that welcomes pets too
For something a little more unusual compared to the large hotel complexes, Boutique Motel is a great alternative.
A home away from home, each one-bedroom apartment is equipped with a kitchen and washing machine, making it an ideal place for longer stays.
Located only 5 minutes drive from The Point Nightclub, several restaurants are within walking distance; also, a wine bar is only just down the street.
Very reasonably priced and popular with guests, Boutique Motel could be just what you are looking for.
Address: South Virginia St 1607, Reno, 89502
- To book, check prices or availability for Boutique Motel in the Heart of Midtown!
9. House, King Beds, EV Charger, BBQ, Espresso Machine – a fashionably designed holiday home perfect for large families and extended stays
House, King Beds, EV Charger, BBQ, and Espresso Machine is an excellent option for families or groups of friends.
The holiday homes have four bedrooms, all equipped with a large kitchen, flat-screen TVs, and free WIFI.
Note: Linen and towels are also provided free of charge to guests for the duration of their stay.
Cooking facilities in the home include a microwave, dishwasher, oven, fridge, and washing machine.
The National Automobile Museum, Rancho San Rafael Park, Wingfield Park Amphitheater, and the Nevada Historical Society are just a short drive. Free parking on-site is available for guests.
Address: 89523, Reno, Nevada
- To book, check prices or availability for House, King Beds, EV Charger, BBQ, Espresso Machine
10. Sleek Reno-Lake Tahoe Retreat, 4 Mi to Ski Mt Rose – a chic, cozy and family-friendly vacation home in Reno, Nevada
Located approximately 25 miles from downtown Reno the Sleek Reno-Lake Tahoe Retreat, 4 Mi to Ski Mt Rose, has a lot to offer its guests.
The holiday homes have six bedrooms, a patio to relax on, free WIFI, and one bathroom with a hot tub. The kitchen is equipped with a washing machine, a dishwasher, and a microwave.
Free bedding and towels are provided, free parking is available to guests, and some of the homes also have a balcony with picturesque views.
There are multiple places in the area for skiing and snowboarding. The resort is also great for nature lovers, surrounded by forests and spectacular views of the mountains.
Address: 22222 NV-431, Reno, NV 89511
- To book, check prices or availability for Sleek Reno-Lake Tahoe Retreat, 4 Mi to Ski Mt Rose
We also have other posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Las Vegas
- Cool boutique hotels in Sacramento
- Cool boutique hotels in Lake Tahoe
- Cool boutique hotels in San Francisco
- Cool boutique hotels in Salt Lake City
- Cool boutique hotels in Portland
- Cool boutique hotels in Los Angeles
- Cool boutique hotels in Moab
- Cool boutique hotels in Flagstaff
- Cool and Unique Hotels in Santa Cruz
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Bend
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Monterey
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Oregon Beach
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Park City
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Friday Harbor
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Yosemite
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Eugene
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Nevada City
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.