Famed for its stunning palaces, its Arab influences, and its emblematic bridge that overlooks El Tajo gorge, Ronda is a colourful historic metropolis idyllically located between the Spanish cities of Sevilla and Málaga. It is a vibrant showcase of rich Andalusian heritage.
Ronda’s picturesque cobbled streets are evocative of times gone by, and add to its inimitable charm. The city’s rich culinary traditions reflect the diverse cultural influences that have shaped it, and many gardens and parks are dotted around inviting visitors to connect with nature.
There’s an abundance of boutique-style accommodation options in and around Ronda, many of which boast breathtaking gorge and urban views and radiate the city’s eclectic charm. Here are my favourite cool and unusual hotels in Ronda (in no particular order)…
1. Catalonia Reina Victoria – a trendy, Instagrammable and unique hotel perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Built in 1906 in a Victorian style, this charming hotel was the residence and workplace of the Czech-born poet Rainer Maria Rilke, whose room has been converted into a small museum.
On-site you will find a cosy living room with a TV, as well as an artisan-style cafeteria, a bar, and an à la carte restaurant. One of my favourite aspects of City Hotel was its location, which allowed me to reach all of the city’s gems within a 500-metre stroll.
I thoroughly loved the Azahar Restaurant, which is an idyllic spot to relish majestic views as you tuck into national and international cuisine.
- To book, check prices or availability for Catalonia Reina Victoria
2. Catalonia Ronda – an elegant, unique and stylish hotel located on the towns main shopping street
A central location makes the Catalonia a favoured resting place among Ronda’s tourist community. Towering over the city’s nexus from a scenic corner on Virgen de la Paz street, this 80-room hotel is brimming with luxury, and adorned with shimmery bronzed touches which complement the plenty of velvet.
The bar is buzzing throughout the day and into the night, and the facilities are top-notch. I thought the rooftop pool was the perfect spot to spend a tranquil afternoon in the backdrop of verdant surroundings.
The subdued greys and beiges give the guestrooms a homely feel, and they are equipped with the latest technologies giving them the air of glamour you’d expect in a five-star hotel.
- To book, check prices or availability for Catalonia Ronda
3. Hotel El Tajo & SPA – a modern, vibrant and sleek hotel where guests can enjoy a rejuvenating stay
For those seeking a place in the heart of Ronda that’s also surrounded by scintillating landscapes, Hotel El Tajo will hit the spot! It is ultra-modern yet tranquil and understated, and the amenities are first-class.
I thoroughly loved the Spa and solarium, where there was a large heated pool which came with underwater loungers, swan necks, and a Jacuzzi area.
As a guest you can also benefit from the completely free bicycle rental service, which will allow you to explore Ronda in the most spectacular way. To re-energize, you can make use of the fully equipped gym on-site.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel El Tajo & SPA
4. Hotel La Fuente de la Higuera – an upscale, hip and contemporary hotel featuring an outdoor swimming pool and beautiful gardens
Perfectly placed amid rolling Andalusian countryside, this tucked-away luxury retreat is housed in an ancient olive mill, done up in an elegant English-country-house style.
Blissfully removed from the downtown hustle and bustle, an undulating green landscape of olive trees, cypresses and boutique wineries surround you at all times here. The terrace is lined by classical-style columns, while fresh flowers and Indonesian furniture fill the interiors.
I felt like a guest rather than a customer here, owing to the quaint family atmosphere. There’s a cosy communal lounge, an honesty bar stocked with delicious beverages, and meals are often served on the sun-soaked terrace overlooking the palm-fringed pool.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel La Fuente de la Higuera
5. Hotel Boutique Molino del Arco – a themed, traditional and beautiful hotel where guests can experience the tranquil atmosphere of nature
This characterful, converted olive oil mill feels miles from anywhere, but a 15-minute drive will land you right in the enchanting city of Ronda.
The rooms are wrapped around a cobbled terrace splashed with bougainvillea, and each boasts lovely views of either the garden or the courtyard. Some come with their own balconies or terraces. The unique vibe here is a result of the 20th-century art pieces, English & German antique cabinets, and rustic elements which combine to add an earthy yet elegant touch.
The romantic garden is a stunning spot to hang out, and is beautified by soaring trees, wisteria arches, stone benches, and long Moorish-style water features.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Boutique Molino del Arco
6. Hotel Ronda Moments – a romantic, quiet and trendy hotel offering guests a perfect location for a relaxing vacation
This beautifully renovated former oil mill invites you to fully revel in the wonder of nature. It is set amid jaw-dropping scenery, where winding roads and cypress trees form the most amazing backdrop to a peaceful getaway. My time here was spent taking long walks in the surrounding valley, or relaxing to the sound of chirping birds by the glistening pool area or stunning terrace. From up here, you can witness the most spectacular sunsets over the majestic rolling countryside. The guestrooms also offer beautiful hinterland views and a host of modern amenities that promote wellbeing and tranquillity.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Ronda Moments
7. Hotel Rural Molino del Puente Ronda – an intimate, petite and stunning hotel perfect for a couple’s romantic getaway
This renovated 17th-century olive oil and flour mill contains many original artefacts, retaining the building’s glory. Built atop two terraces with fruit trees, the hotel’s gardens lead down to a beautiful waterfall, which gives the restaurant its name, ‘La Cascada’.
This is a top-class eatery which serves up creative European cuisine with a unique local twist. I was amazed to see otters cavorting in the river beside the hotel, as well as turtles sunbathing on the rocks.
The blissful garden-style environment sets the scene for a memorable retreat, and the cycling opportunities around the hotel are truly enchanting.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Rural Molino del Puente Ronda
8. Hotel Bodega El Juncal – a stylish, modern and bright hotel ideally located for those who love to hike and cycle
Being completely surrounded by gorgeous bucolic scenery at Hotel Bodega El Juncal was a magical experience. The hotel is also a winery, and offers guests the chance to purchase signature bottles to savour on the manicured lawn.
If you’d like to take your wine experience up a notch, you also have the opportunity to book exclusive tasting sessions on-site. There is an expansive garden area which centres around a beautiful sky-blue pool, dotted by tranquil seating areas.
I spent many peaceful moments out here simply relaxing and gazing far out across the verdant scenery. The functional guestrooms come with ample space for hanging out, and each morning begins with a delicious and varied breakfast.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Bodega El Juncal
9. Los Pilares de Ronda Boutique & Hotel – a chic, cozy and rural hotel surrounded by over 2,500 acres of holm oak forest
Brimming with charm and elegance, Los Pilares nestles in a secret corner of Ronda’s awe-inspiring countryside.
The emblematic surrounding landscape is graced by many species of animals and plants, and brought a wealth of serenity to my vacation. Simply strolling through the property’s majestic grounds was enough to capture the pure essence of Andalusian culture, mixed with a huge dose of natural wellness.
The rooms feature many artisan pieces which add a dash of old-world splendour to your stay, and the sense of sophistication is elevated by the modern, first-rate amenities. Embarking on a horse-riding excursion around the hotel was genuinely one of my favourite experiences of all time, and it is something I would wholeheartedly suggest you do here!
- To book, check prices or availability for Los Pilares de Ronda Boutique & Hotel
10. Cortijo LA Organic – a quirky, cool and Insta-worthy accommodation where guests can witness one of the best sunsets over the landscape
LA Organic is the pioneer brand in the production of organic olive oil in Spain. Set within an olive grove, this 19th century farmhouse is girdled by breath-taking views of the Serranía de Ronda, and offers one of the most effervescent sunsets I have ever witnessed.
Inside there are 5 rooms, each designed in a minimalist way to induce relaxation. There is also a 150 m2 terrace which provides a charming space to embrace the unique natural surroundings.
Up here you can enjoy a leisurely breakfast, or hang out in the evening as you savour a typical wine from the area.
- To book, check prices or availability for Cortijo LA Organic
11. LA CASA DEL HAMMAM – a quiet, spacious and chic accommodation providing guests with views of both the mountains and city
Situated a mere 800 metres from Plaza de España, this charming hip boutique welcomes guests to a gorgeous setting, and is dressed in soft wooden hues, smooth lines, and a bespoke artisan style. It is one of my favourite ever Bed & Breakfasts, with many cosy furnishings dotted around, including a swinging hammock hung from the ceiling of my room! My private kitchenette came fully equipped, and allowed me to cook up some delicious meals. There is a delightful outdoor terrace space where you can sit and gaze across the cityscape, as you make the most of the Andalusian sunshine with a cold beverage in hand.
- To book, check prices or availability for LA CASA DEL HAMMAM
12. Hotel Montelirio – a cozy, elegant and classic hotel situated on the edge of the famous gorge with spectacular views overlooking River Guadalevín
Here we have an opulent stately home filled with historical elements, where you can revel in awe at privileged views over Ronda. It sits bang in the centre of the city, and every space is brimming with traditional charm.
I stayed in a double standard room, which came equipped with a wrought-iron balcony orientated to the main street of the town, offering a great people-watching spot.
At the foot of the New Bridge, the Albacara Restaurant is an ideal setting for enjoying local cuisine elaborated with ingredients of the highest quality. There’s also a quaint outdoor pool area where you can relish awe-inspiring city views.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Montelirio
13. Hotel Soho Boutique Palacio San Gabriel – a charming, historic and traditional accommodation located in the heart of Ronda
I absolutely loved my stay at Soho Boutique, and have returned here many times. This historic hotel invites you to soak up the charm of an 18th-century palace, with bygone-era elegance evoked through the dark wood-clad interiors, precious antiques, and traditional décor.
The furniture in the 22 classic rooms is a collection of restored pieces from other historic buildings, and they accompany exquisite fabrics which induce a state of relaxation.
Throughout the property you will find a handful of peaceful communal nooks, where you can kick back with a book in hand, chat with other urban explorers, and marvel at the ancient artefacts.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Soho Boutique Palacio San Gabriel
14. Casa Palacio VillaZambra – a classic, relaxing and charming boutique accommodation steps away from popular local attractions
Casa Palacio welcomes guests to a relaxed and discreet atmosphere in a blissful historic boutique. Combining design, technology and tradition, the hotel truly exudes a homely feel, and its peaceful ambiance is topped with an excellent service.
This is the perfect place to stay if you’re in pursuit of an intimate getaway, where you can soak up the charm of an ancient Spanish town at a slow pace.
I thought my guestroom was exceptional! Its unique theme and warm decorations brought a cosy flair to my visit, enhanced by the use of natural fabrics and local materials. There’s also an honesty bar which offers you the chance to savour delicious snacks, as well as coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
- To book, check prices or availability for Casa Palacio VillaZambra
15. Buena Vista Ronda Club – a petite, bright and quirky boutique accommodation within walking distance of Plaza de Espana
With the white-washed elegance of a Santorini-style hilltop accommodation, Buena Vista is a majestic spot surrounded by breathtaking landscape views.
Inside, the vaulted ceilings are supported by wooden beams, bringing a traditional feel to the property. The pool area is a graceful spot to hang out in the afternoon, and there is a handful of further indoor nooks designed to enhance relaxation.
My room came with direct terrace access, and embellished its white-on-white stone interior with a colourful wall-sized painting of nature, providing an iridescent contrast. The in-room amenities were top-notch and included a music player with Bluetooth and a flat-screen TV.
- To book, check prices or availability for Buena Vista Ronda Club
We also have posts on…
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Malaga
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Marbella
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Madrid
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Barcelona
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Granada
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in Seville
- Cool and Unusual Hotels in San Sebastian
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.