Rovinj is one of the most popular Croatian destinations to explore the Istrian peninsula and immerse in the scenic splendours of the Adriatic Sea. Nature lovers and active travellers can explore a wealth of hiking trails, nature walks and secluded spots in the Zlatni rt forest park – a magnificent landscape where crystalline waters merge with tall cider and cypress trees.
The old city quarters are home to spellbinding specimens of Baroque-style architecture and historical landmarks depicting Rovinj’s culture and heritage. Travellers can divide their time between action-packed recreational activities, archaeological excursions and gastronomic pleasures with traditional Croatian and Istrian cuisine.
Our roundup of the top 15 cool hotels in Rovinj, Croatia, will help you find the right accommodation from the city’s lineup of boutique hotels, resorts, B&Bs and historical venues (in no particular order)…
1. Grand Park Hotel Rovinj by Maistra Collection – a cool, trendy, lavish and Instagrammable hotel where guests can enjoy a picturesque sunset
Perched on the eastern shores of Rovinj, the Grand Park Hotel is renowned for its Albaro Wellness & Spa, and the Michelin-starred Agli Amici Restaurant. Nestled between the Golden Cape Forest and the sea, the hotel boasts magnificent views from every room and suite.
The 209 rooms and suites are adorned with subtle hues and minimalist interiors, designed by the ace Italian designer Piero Lissoni.
The onsite spa is indeed the hotel’s crown jewel, listed among the Top Spas of the World by UK’s Red Magazine. Guests can pamper themselves with unique treatments with handpicked Istrian herbs, pressed olives and medicinal algae.
- To book, check prices or availability for Grand Park Hotel Rovinj by Maistra Collection
2. Maistra Select Amarin Resort – a trendy, chic and fun pet-friendly boutique resort ideal for those who love water sports and a great design
The Maistra Select Amarin Resort attracts adventurers and sports enthusiasts with its seawater pools, curated sports and entertainment programs, and water sports facilities. This family-friendly destination offers action-packed activities to indulge adults and children in seaside escapades and fun-filled adventures.
The resort is home to 190 apartments, 131 standard apartments and 140 guest rooms, all featuring private balconies or terraces to enjoy the scenery. The accommodations are decorated with soothing earthy tones, high-end amenities, and innumerable appliances to maximize comfort and convenience.
The Amarin Resort offers multiple onsite dining options, including the Lumina Restaurant serving traditional Istrian cuisine, and the poolside Basilico Pizza Pasta.
- To book, check prices or availability for Maistra Select Amarin Resort
3. Adriatic Hotel by Maistra Collection – a chic, contemporary boutique hotel featuring unique art pieces created by Croatian artists
An elegant venue blending art, culture and traditions with contemporary innovations, the Adriatic Hotel is famous for its French-themed Brasserie Adriatic, an onsite bar featuring over 100 whiskey brands, and a spectacular collection of Croatian artworks created exclusively for the hotel.
Guests can find their match from a limited selection of 14 rooms and 4 suites, featuring panoramic views of St. Catherine’s Island, the old town or Rovinj’s vibrant rooftops. Guests seeking standard accommodation can settle for the Atelier Rooms while those who desire luxury will find the lavishly decorated Grand Piazza Suites more suited to their discerning tastes.
The Adriatic Suites delight nature lovers with two balconies overlooking the waterfront and main square.
- To book, check prices or availability for Adriatic Hotel by Maistra Collection
4. Lone Hotel by Maistra Collection – a unique, upscale and party hotel perfect for fun-loving Millennials and Gen Zs
The Lone Hotel is home to 248 bedrooms and suites, a business center, meeting rooms, a 1700-square-meter spa, and multiple onsite dining venues.
The accommodations come with spacious balconies to feast one eye on the seascape or panoramic views of the Golden Cape Forest. Luxury travelers can explore a limited lineup of 16 rooms with a private outdoor plunge pool.
The onsite Lone Wellness Center specializes in aromatic treatments with Istrian herbs, featuring 7 treatment rooms, saunas, an indoor pool, water beds and a steam bath. Guests are bound to feel spoiled for choice by the hotel’s multiple dining options.
Tekka by Lone serves authentic Asian and Japanese cuisine, while On Restaurant offers a wide selection of traditional delicacies and buffet-style service.
- To book, check prices or availability for Lone Hotel by Maistra Collection
5. Eden Hotel by Maistra Collection – a charming, fun and newly renovated hotel surrounded by beautiful greenery
The Eden Hotel is perched right on the entrance of a century-old forest park, featuring soulful views from its 325 bedrooms and suites. Singles, couples and families can explore a wide selection of accommodations to find the perfect space and amenities for their needs.
The onsite facilities are undeniably impressive, delighting guests with a world-class spa, multiple dining venues, manicured gardens and an outdoor pool. The Mediterranean-themed Eden Wellness & Spa offers herbal Istrian treatments using lavender, olive, rosemary and sage.
Travelers eager to sample traditional Istrian cuisine will love dining at the onsite Burin Restaurant, while the poolside Oleander is ideal for a casual dinner with live music and entertaining performances.
- To book, check prices or availability for Eden Hotel by Maistra Collection
6. Maistra Select Island Hotel Istra – a stylish, bright and elegant hotel famous for their spa and wellness centre
Boasting a picturesque setting on St. Andrew Island, the Maistra Select Island Hotel is a restorative retreat for nature lovers and serenity seekers. The ideal location offers unrestricted access to secluded spots, private beaches, and water sports facilities.
The hotel has an impressive lineup of 326 guest rooms and 32 suites with private terraces or balconies overlooking the island. Guests enjoy ample space with functional furniture, high-speed WiFi, in-room appliances, and a fully-stocked minibar.
The onsite La Serra, Anno Domini 547 Restaurant, constructed in Baron Hütterott’s summer home, offers traditional Mediterranean fares. Guests can sign up for herb-infused treatments in the Wellness & Spa area.
- To book, check prices or availability for Maistra Select Island Hotel Istra
7. Monte Mulini Hotel by Maistra Collection – a beautiful, fancy and relaxing hotel where guests can experience the luxury of fine dining
Monte Mulini invites travellers to catch golden sunrises from their private terraces overlooking Lone Bay, dine in the Wine Vault Restaurant featuring over 220 wines, and enjoy rare spirits from the hotel’s impressive gin library.
Surrounded by greenery, Monte Mulini Hotel is located right above the beach, featuring 112 air-conditioned bedrooms and suites with private balconies or terraces. The non-smoking accommodations are well-equipped with LCD TVs, minibars, safes, and ensuite bathrooms with walk-in showers and bathtubs.
The onsite Wine Vault Restaurant is one of Croatia’s finest dining venues featuring a creative menu inspired by French cuisine, and a phenomenal selection of Croatian and European wines.
- To book, check prices or availability for Monte Mulini Hotel by Maistra Collection
8. Family Hotel Amarin by Maistra Select – a creative, contemporary, funky and very family-friendly hotel steps away from the ocean
Amarin is the ultimate family-friendly resort where children can embark on all-day adventures with lego robotics and drone control while parents pamper themselves with aromatic treatments at the onsite spa.
Family Hotel Amarin is home to 276 rooms with private balconies, 4 suites, the Amarin Kids Club, a Wellness & Spa area with a kid’s zone, and multiple onsite dining venues. The accommodations offer panoramic views of the seascape or old town with high-end amenities and in-room appliances.
Guests can start their day with a Mediterranean-style breakfast buffet at the onsite Marvelus Restaurant, and enjoy a traditional Adriatic dinner at the Lovor Real Grill.
- To book, check prices or availability for Family Hotel Amarin by Maistra Select
9. Hotel Casa Garzotto – a historic, traditional and quiet hotel located in the heart of the city’s Old Town
Casa Grazzoto promises an authentic Rovinj experience with historical architecture dating back to the 1500s. This lovingly preserved venue offers an enchanting glimpse into medieval Mediterranean architecture and culture with its historic ambience and original interiors.
The main building of Casa Garzotto offers a lobby, a reception area, 4 standard double rooms with living areas, four double rooms and a spacious family apartment. The Corte Montalbano family-friendly apartment offers sweeping views of the historic quarters, alongside 2 bedrooms, ensuite bathrooms, satellite TV, and a continental breakfast spread.
The onsite restaurant curates an indulgent gastronomic experience with Mediterranean and Italian delicacies paired with rare wines.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Casa Garzotto
10. Residence Vaal – a modern, family-friendly and trendy B&B located moments away from Cuvi Beach
Owned and operated by the Zivkovic family, Residence Vaal offers a tranquil setting right next to the Zlatni rt forest park. This family-friendly establishment features 12 guest rooms, 4 suites and a breakfast restaurant with a sprawling terrace and garden.
All accommodations offer picture-perfect views of the Istrian coastline and the Rovinj archipelago. The units are furnished with flat-screen TVs, air conditioning, a workstation, and ensuite bathrooms with a shower. Guests can explore a limited selection of rooms and suites with sea views.
The onsite restaurant serves a Swedish-style buffet each morning, featuring indigenous meals prepared with fresh, locally-farmed produce.
- To book, check prices or availability for Residence Vaal
11. The Melegran – a vibrant, stylish and hip accommodation in a location perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
An intimate hotel situated in the heart of the historic quarters, The Melegram is surrounded by bars, cafes, restaurants and historical landmarks, including the City Museum, and St Eufemia’s Church. This location is perfect for travellers wanting to stroll through the cobblestone lanes of the old town and enjoy proximity to key transport links.
Guests can explore vibrantly decorated guest rooms featuring Olivetti typewriters, Krups coffee machines, Marshall Bluetooth speakers, in-room appliances, minibars and fine bedding.
Families and large groups seeking more space can explore the hotel’s studio and two-bedroom Luxe Suite, housed in a separate building near the main hotel.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Melegram
12. Spirito Santo Palazzo Storico – an elegant, upscale boutique accommodation within walking distance of local popular attractions
Spirito Santo Palazzo Storico welcomes travellers to enjoy luxurious accommodations in the historic quarters of Rovinj. Established in a building from the 1920s, this upscale venue incorporates three historic townhouses, thoughtfully conserved to preserve their original interiors and cultural heritage.
This boutique hotel offers 7 Double Rooms and 4 Suites with traditional décor and spectacular sea views. The ground floor is home to a brightly-lit breakfast room with an Istrian fireplace and a sprawling terrace overlooking the sea.
The onsite lounge bar and wine cellar have been established in an old water cistern, featuring an impressive selection of handpicked Croatian, Italian and Slovenian wines.
- To book, check prices or availability for Spirito Santo Palazzo Storico
13. BOUTIQUE ROOMS Mare Fabulas – a newly renovated, modern and spacious accommodation offering guests a homemade breakfast each morning
Boutique Rooms Mare Fabulas is an ideal base for travellers to explore the best of Rovinj without the exhaustion of long commutes. Guests enjoy proximity to Porton Biondi Beach, Sand Beach Biondi, Cathedral St. Eufemia, Punta Corrente Park and the Monkodonja Hill Fort.
This establishment offers three air-conditioned guest rooms: Bura, Garbin and Jugo. All rooms feature flatscreen TVs with satellite service, a safety deposit box, high-speed WiFi and private bathrooms but Bura and Jugo come with private terraces.
Guests have access to the common area with innumerable complimentary amenities. A homemade breakfast spread is served each morning, and guests can request snacks and drinks from the in-house kitchen.
- To book, check prices or availability for BOUTIQUE ROOMS Mare Fabulas
14. El Atico – a cute, chic and bright accommodation with quirky chic decor in a location ideal for those who like to party and shop
Situated near the Batana Eco-Museum, El Atico is a 10-minute stroll from the Port of Rovinj and the vibrant Grisia Street. Travelers wanting to stay in the Old Town district will find this establishment a convenient base to explore popular sites like Monte Mulini, Havana and Mini Croatia.
Guests staying at El Atico enjoy innumerable contemporary comforts, including a flat-screen TV with satellite service, tea and coffee-making equipment and high-speed internet.
The state-of-the-art kitchen is equipped with smart appliances, kitchenware and utensils – perfect to prepare homemade treats with local produce.
The spacious bedroom has a relaxing ambience with pillow-top mattresses, down pillows and luxury toiletries in the ensuite bathroom.
- To book, check prices or availability for El Atico
15. Villa Segalla – a cosy, graceful and charming boutique B&B well known for having a great location to explore around the city
Villa Segalla is a homely bed and breakfast in the historic quarters, a stone’s throw away from the Promenade and the Main Square of Rovinj. Travellers planning boat trips to St. Katarina Island and Crveni Otok Island will find this location ideal, only a short stroll away from the Main Pier.
Guest rooms at the Villa Segalla have charming period-style interiors with marble floors and stone walls. The air-conditioned rooms are equipped with LCD satellite TVs, functional kitchenettes, refrigerators and coffee and tea-making facilities.
The soundproofing drowns out the noise of the city, allowing travellers a good night’s sleep with plush bedding and fine linens.
- To book, check prices or availability for Villa Segalla
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Zagreb
- Cool boutique hotels in Hvar
- Cool boutique hotels in Split
- Cool boutique hotels in Graz
- Cool boutique hotels in Vienna
- Cool boutique hotels in Salzburg
- Cool boutique hotels in Venice
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Dubrovnik
Born and raised in Brazil, Gaby has always had a taste for the intriguing, the off-beat and the far flung. After travelling around most of South America, living in Spain and Italy and then moving to England, her feet have stayed continually twitchy. Studying for a degree in Spanish translation and then learning five more languages only poured more fuel onto her travelling ardor.
Gaby likes nothing better than discovering new destinations and meeting the locals, tasting the cuisine and hearing about the local stories. Her other indulgences include French cinema, boxing, photography, colourful manicures and soaking up the rays on a sun-infused beach. She counts Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon and Cornwall as her most favourite places in the world.