Dubbed the Cultural Coast of Florida, Sarasota combines the breathtaking beauty of its sugary white beaches and azure blue waters with a richly vibrant culture. This famous Florida destination attracts travelers with its eclectic art and cultural scene, packed with an abundance of live music shows, enthralling theatrical performances, and prestigious art galleries.
No trip to this culture-rich city on Florida’s Gulf Coast is complete without going parasailing, snorkeling, or kayaking along the great Atlantic Ocean. If you are not a huge fan of on-shore adventure, you can take a relaxing stroll through the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens or explore circus memorabilia at the world-famous Ringling Museum of art.
The itinerary of food lovers and shoppers must include Saint Armands Circle, a lively district with a massive variety of luxury stores and upscale restaurants.
From elegant boutique hotels and cozy inns to luxurious apart-style vacation rentals and world-class hotel chains, our roundup will introduce you to the top 10 cool and unusual hotels to explore in Sarasota, Florida (in no particular order)…
1. Art Ovation Hotel, Autograph Collection – an ultra-cool and very Instaworthy design hotel that features curated exhibitions, performances, and special guest appearances
Art Ovation Hotel invites vacationers to experience the glamor of downtown Sarasota while luxuriating in high-end amenities. The artsy hotel is located less than a mile from Route 41, with the Circus Arts Conservatory reachable within a 2-minute drive.
Guests are quartered in genteel rooms fitted with work desks, mini-fridges, sitting areas, coffee makers, and flat-screen TVs. Ukuleles and sketching materials are also available in all rooms. Selected rooms offer city views, while suites feature living rooms.
The hotel also offers a rooftop pool with a bar and city views, a gym, a stylish American restaurant, and a market.
Address: 1255 N Palm Ave, Sarasota, FL 34236, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Art Ovation Hotel, Autograph Collection
2. Hyatt Residence Club Sarasota, Siesta Key Beach – an upscale beachfront resort perfect for a romantic break
The Hyatt Residence Club welcomes serenity-seekers and beach lovers to immerse in the breathtaking beauty of Siesta Key Beach from a luxurious beachfront residence. Imagine having breakfast from a private balcony overlooking the stunning expanse of the Gulf of Mexico or hosting a beachfront BBQ with a fire pit and grilling equipment.
The Hyatt Residence Club offers 44 lavishly decorated beachfront residences in a glamorous resort-like setting with an array of recreational amenities.
The resident-style accommodations allow ample privacy and independence, with sprawling patios and terraces to soak up the magnificent views.
Guests can enjoy splashing around in the beachfront pool or unwinding in one of the 22 private shaded cabanas with elegant furniture.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hyatt Residence Club Sarasota, Siesta Key Beach
3. Kompose Boutique Hotel Sarasota – a cool, unique and chic boutique hotel that lets guests personalize their stay
Kompose is an artful boutique hotel that attracts discerning travelers with a one-of-its-kind, a la carte lodging experience – allowing guests to individualize their experience with extensive personalization. Guests can explore comfortable sleep stations or luxurious 4-star suites decked with indulgent amenities.
The Kompose specializes in delivering highly personalized accommodations, ideal for free-spirited travelers who detest hovering staff and rigid regulations. Guests typically begin their day with espresso-based concoctions and breakfast specials at the in-house coffee shop in the lobby.
They can end their exhausting Sarasota excursions with a relaxing dip in the outdoor pool or an infrared therapy session at the Sunlighten sauna.
- To book, check prices or availability for Kompose Boutique Hotel Sarasota
4. The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel – a funky, modern fashionable boutique hotel that provides free bikes to explore the area
The trendiest hotel in Sarasota, The Sarasota Modern offers an exceptional boutique lodging experience alongside a curated array of amenities, including an elegant restaurant, an outdoor pool with a hot tub, and a fitness center.
Set in a low-rise building on a tree-lined street, the 4-star hotel boasts rustic-chic rooms with furnished balconies, minibars, and flat-screen TVs. Suites come with separate living areas; some also offer kitchenettes and claw-foot tubs.
The hotel is just a mile from Highway 41, with the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens accessible within a minute’s drive.
Address: 1290 Boulevard of the Arts, Sarasota, FL 34236, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
5. Aloft Sarasota – easily one of the coolest hotels to stay in Sarasota perfect for fun and sociable Millennials and Gen Zs
With a convenient downtown location, tech-savvy design, and streamlined accommodations, Aloft Sarasota stands proud as one of the best hotels in the city.
From Ed Smith Stadium to St. Armands Circle to Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, guests staying here are within walking distance of downtown’s most notable attractions.
Warmly decorated rooms offer modern amenities, including designer toiletries, fresh linens, mini-fridges, flat-screen TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
The rooftop terrace has a hot tub, an outdoor pool, and a fire pit. There’s also a classy bar with a sizable snack menu.
Address: 1401 Ringling Blvd, Sarasota, FL 34236, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Aloft Sarasota
6. The Westin Sarasota – an ultra-chic and trendy hotel housed in a contemporary tower that overlooks Sarasota Bay perfect for partying Millenials and Gen Zs
Indulge in the breathtaking views of Sarasota Bay from inside your room at The Westin Sarasota. Set in a contemporary tower overlooking the bay, the high-rise hotel allows you to explore Sarasota’s arts district with ease.
Tasteful rooms at the 4-star hotel feature every amenity you need for a super comfy stay, from mini-fridges to coffee makers to balconies with city or bay views. Presidential suites have floor-to-ceiling windows offering sweeping views.
Satisfy your cravings at the sophisticated onsite eatery. Head over to the rooftop terrace to take a dip in the pool or sip craft cocktails. A gym, a spa, and a lobby bar are also accessible to guests.
Address: 100 Marina View Dr, Sarasota, FL 34236, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Westin Sarasota
7. EVEN Hotels Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch, an IHG Hotel – a cool and trendy place to stay in Sarasota where pets are welcome
EVEN Hotels Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch curates a wellness-focused experience that encourages an active lifestyle with fitness equipment installed in every room. The guest rooms are a sanctuary of rejuvenation and wellness with restful sleep stations, ergonomic workstations, and designated workout spaces with state-of-the-art equipment.
The thoughtful amenities reflect a keen attention to detail in curating an indulgently luxurious experience. For instance, the exceptionally comfortable beds feature premium Eucalyptus bedding to create cool sleeping environments, while the rooms have flavored water and tea-making stations for added convenience.
Guests can enjoy an energy-boosting workout at the well-equipped fitness studio, dine at the onsite Cork and Kale Restaurant, splash around in the lakefront pool or enjoy a blissful treatment at the in-house spa.
- To book, check prices or availability for EVEN Hotels Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch, an IHG Hotel
8. Carlisle Inn Sarasota – a laid-back and spacious hotel ideal for families
The Carlisle Inn welcomes travelers to immerse themselves in the cultural charm of Sarasota’s vibrant Amish community, nestled in the heart of the Pinecraft settlement.
This traditional-style inn is inspired by the rural splendors of the landscape and the distinct mid-western cultures of the Amish and Mennonite settlements.
Guests can explore 100 tastefully appointed rooms that play up an eclectic blend of traditional Amish aesthetics and modern amenities. The rooms feature exquisitely handcrafted beds, elegant fixtures, and plenty of indoor games. The onsite swimming pool offers a relaxing ambiance to unwind and splash around in utter bliss.
Travelers cannot stop raving about Carlisle’s full breakfast buffet, available at the onsite restaurant a stone’s throw away from the inn.
- To book, check prices or availability for Carlisle Inn Sarasota
9. Golden Host Resort Sarasota – a cool and casual motel that offers a fun, funky and an ultra-creative vibe
Lying adjacent to a foliage-filled residential area alongside Route 41, Golden Host Resort Sarasota offers premium amenities and services to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Wood-beamed ceilings and sleek furnishings complement the vintage decor featured in each room. All rooms consist of flat-screen TVs, coffee makers, microwaves, and mini-fridges. Upgraded units also offer private balconies and sofa beds.
Guests can also look forward to a vibrant tiki bar with regular entertainment and an outdoor pool with a sundeck.
Address: 4675 N Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34234, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Golden Host Resort Sarasota
10. Hotel Indigo – Sarasota, an IHG Hotel – a stylish hotel that features tropical-inspired decor
If you want to stay in a relatively quiet neighborhood with easy access to downtown, Hotel Indigo may be a great option. Situated about two miles from Sarasota Jungle Gardens, the polished hotel allows you to enjoy homey comfort along with five-star amenities.
The tropical-inspired exterior rhythmically blends with the sleekness of the modern interior. Laid-back rooms are decorated with colorful accents and incorporate mini-fridges, coffee makers, work desks, and flat-screen TVs.
Onsite culinary offerings include a 24/7 snack shop, a cozy bistro, a lobby bar, and a lobby bar. Other amenities include a gym, a 24-hour business center, and two meeting rooms.
Address: 1223 Boulevard of the Arts, Sarasota, FL 34236, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Indigo – Sarasota, an IHG Hotel
11. El Tropicale – a swanky beautifully renovated apartment complex that offers great facilities for large groups
One of the best aparthotels in Sarasota, El Tropicale provides accommodation in well-appointed one- to two-bedroom units with resort-style amenities and home-like comfort.
All apartments are outfitted with flat-screen TVs, living rooms with sofa beds, fully equipped kitchens, dining areas, and ensuite bathrooms. Communal spaces include a garden with BBQ facilities and a terrace.
Located about three miles from Indian Beach, El Tropicale offers easy access to some of Sarasota’s top attractions.
Address: 1910 Morrill Street 1,2,3,5,6,1912, 1914,1916, 1918,1920, Sarasota, FL 34236, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for El Tropicale
12. Siesta Key Palms Resort – a sleek and laid-back resort that provides a peaceful setting where you can unplug and unwind
A casual, low-rise hotel in a residential street fringed by palm trees, about a mile from both Phillippi Estate Park and Crescent Beach. With complimentary perks, two outdoor pools, and communal gardens, Siesta Key Palms Resort is doing an awesome service to its guests.
Marine-themed rooms offer a broad array of amenities, including microwaves, mini-fridges, flat-screen TVs, and free Wi-Fi. Some rooms feature sofa beds and fenced garden areas with outdoor furniture. Suites, on the other hand, come with separate living rooms.
Onsite gardens feature a sundeck, hammocks, a tiki hut, and BBQ grills.
Address: 1800 Stickney Point Rd, Sarasota, FL 34231, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Siesta Key Palms Resort
13. Tropical Beach Resorts – Sarasota – a cozy and charming resort that is the perfect choice for a tranquil urban escape
Situated within walking distance of Crescent Beach, Tropical Beach Resorts offers a wide array of both in-room and onsite amenities. The relaxed hotel has two outdoor pools, a garden with shaded seating areas, and 24-hour laundry facilities for its guests.
Accommodation options range from studio apartments to two-bedroom suites with advanced amenities. All units are equipped with flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, fully functional kitchenettes, and sitting areas. Some suites also feature jetted whirlpool tubs.
Address: 6717 Sarasea Cir, Siesta Key, FL 34242, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Tropical Beach Resorts – Sarasota
14. The Reserve Retreat – a relaxed boutique hotel that offers an on-site restaurant and live music
Set in an old-world home along Highway 41, this sophisticated boutique hotel has everything that you’d expect in a five-star hotel, from onsite dining options to snug accommodations.
In-room amenities include mini-fridges, coffee makers, flat-screen TVs, washing machines, and fireplaces.
Hotel concessions include a coffee shop, a bookstore, and a wine bar. There’s also a refined restaurant with a terrace and regular live music.
Address: 1322 N Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34236, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for The Reserve Retreat
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Tampa
- Cool boutique hotels in Clearwater
- Cool boutique hotels in Orlando
- Cool boutique hotels in Naples
- Cool boutique hotels in West Palm Beach
- Cool boutique hotels in Miami
- Cool boutique hotels in Key West
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.