Situated on the southern edge of the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt, Sharm El Sheikh is a true haven for those seeking a luxurious yet adventurous escape.
It is famed for its world-renowned diving opportunities, as well as its adrenaline-pumping activities on offer which include desert quad-biking, parasailing, and kitesurfing.
The resort’s hotels offer guests the chance to revel in pristine sandy landscapes and embrace a wonderfully rich culture. From Arabian-style boutiques to five-star beachfront resorts, here are my favourite cool and unusual hotels in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt (in no particular order)…
1. Meraki Resort Sharm El Sheikh Adults only – a trendy, boho-chic and Instagrammable resort perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Authentic bohemian vibes and an upbeat party atmosphere combine in a unique ensemble of elegance at Meraki Resort, topped with a glamorous white-washed interior, an exotic location, and a magical touch of luxury.
The luxurious facilities on offer cater perfectly to the free souls and the wild hearts, with eight pioneering dining spots, six lavish bars, and a lively nightclub featuring live performances daily.
During my stay here, not a single minute was spent in boredom or solitude, owing to the communal atmosphere and the stunning range of activities on offer. These included morning yoga classes, evening shows, and a whole host of water sports.
- To book, check prices or availability for Meraki Resort Sharm El Sheikh Adults only
2. White Hills Resort – a gorgeous, chic and family-friendly upscale resort where guests can enjoy the luxury of a private beach and Insta-worthy views
Refinement and ingenuity are the bedrocks for this exclusive family-friendly resort, whose futuristic concept brings a radiant flair to the Sharm El Sheikh hospitality circuit.
Elegant and white-washed, the hotel is graced by a bright, spacious layout, and offers many open-air spaces to kick back and relish the balmy climate of this world-famous resort town.
I absolutely loved the glamorous outdoor pool, which made for a stunning photoshoot in the backdrop of the shimmering ocean.
On-site you can rest assured that all your needs will be catered to with a fully tailored approach, from the exquisite culinary offerings to the blissful spa amenities.
- To book, check prices or availability for White Hills Resort
3. Pickalbatros Laguna Vista Resort – Sharm El Sheikh – a trendy, stylish and lively resort perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Situated on the charming coast of Nabq National Park, a step into Pickalbatros is entering into a world of splendour, where antiquities and wide green areas of landscaping combine with pristine golden beaches and turquoise waters.
Among the vast range of restaurants, my personal favourite was the Italian dining hotspot ‘Soprano’ where a great ambiance, exquisite sea views, and unrivalled food combine in perfect harmony.
For a moment of nighttime glamour, you can take a peaceful stroll to the on-site Pool Bar ‘Olympus’, or to dance the night away head to Golden Buddha, where a live DJ provides entertainment into the early hours.
- To book, check prices or availability for Pickalbatros Laguna Vista Resort – Sharm El Sheikh
4. Sunrise Remal Beach Resort – a hip, elegant and stylish resort located on one of the best beaches in Sharm El Sheikh
Vast swathes of palms girdle this crescent-shaped oasis, which centres around a luxurious outdoor pool overlooking the ocean azure. My days here were spent mainly relaxing on the stunning beach, which while popular, was large enough to induce a feeling of total seclusion.
The hotel is bursting with energy, with beach volleyball competitions, ocean-based activities, and trendy social hotspots providing endless fun at any hour.
The gastronomic offerings were equally vibrant, and you can choose from Mediterranean-inspired cuisine to international options, as well as some of the best local dishes I have ever tasted. The hotel also offers a free shuttle which can transport you to Old Sharm and Naama Bay in just a few minutes.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sunrise Remal Beach Resort
5. Pickalbatros Palace Sharm – “Aqua Park” – a fun, family-friendly and cool resort moments away from the award-winning Soho Square
Situated right on the seafront, Pickalbatros Palace is the perfect spot to revel in family fun, offering waterslides, a private beach, and six swimming pools connected by quaint palm-fringed pathways.
The property is set a mere 5-minute drive from Soho Square, and each room and suite nestles along the picturesque shoreline.
The marble-clad lobby welcomes guests to an extravagant stay on the shores of the Red Sea, and each room and suite comes with a private balcony or terrace. There are three restaurants on-site, my favourite of which was the poolside eatery where exquisite, international dishes are accompanied by spectacular panoramic sea views.
- To book, check prices or availability for Pickalbatros Palace Sharm – “Aqua Park”
6. Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh – a newly renovated, lavish and trendy resort perfect for a couple’s romantic vacation
Here we have Sharm El Sheikh’s most prestigious resort, which occupies a pivotal position for snorkellers and divers to experience pure serenity.
The palm-lined grounds, interspersed with 60 fountains and an abloom with hibiscus and bougainvillea, offer a romantic setting to embrace true ‘holiday mode’.
Taking a morning amble through the property felt like an exploration of an oasis secreted within a fortress, and riding the on-site funicular from the lobby to the shore was equally majestic. From the four glimmering pools to the lavish sporting facilities and the fantastic snorkelling opportunities on-site, every aspect of the Four Seasons is steeped in pure elegance.
- To book, check prices or availability for Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
7. Sunrise Diamond Beach Resort -Grand Select – a contemporary, traditional and unique resort featuring an aqua park, diving school and wellness centre
This eclectic resort caters to families and couples alike, with its innovative style bridging the gap between tradition and modernity.
Ancient Egyptian elements stand by side with smooth, contemporary décor, grounded by a luxurious flair which emphasises the scintillating natural surroundings.
Thatched-roofed bar areas, wooden decked spaces, and plush seating areas combine in the exquisite backdrop of the Red Sea, while a variety of dining venues offer ground-breaking culinary concepts. I loved having the chance to choose from 12 on-site bars, which gave each evening here a unique theme.
As a guest you can also benefit from a spa, a fitness centre, and an international diving centre affording memorable experiences amid the exotic and colourful marine life in the surrounding waters.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sunrise Diamond Beach Resort -Grand Select
8. Rixos Sharm El Sheikh – Ultra All Inclusive Adults Only 18 Plus – a beautiful, modern and hip resort ideal for those who love sport
Set in Nabq Bay where the desert meets the pristine waters of the Red Sea, Rixos is a luxury resort surrounded by awe-inspiring panoramas of the palm-fringed golden sands.
The resort offers luxuriously decorated rooms, a whopping seven swimming pools, and a tremendous selection of exquisite dining options.
From the entertainment options and live DJ nights to the unforgettable sports activities on offer, the resort is steeped in a vibrant communal atmosphere which sets the scene for a memorable Arabian welcome.
For a spot of pampered luxury, head to the Anjana Spa, where an experience of refined serenity awaits.
- To book, check prices or availability for Rixos Sharm El Sheikh – Ultra All Inclusive Adults Only 18 Plus
9. Sunrise Montemare Resort – Grand Select – a classic, unique and upscale resort providing guests with an array of fun on-site amenities
Here we have a serene oasis of tranquillity set on a spectacular beachfront, girdled by stunning ocean views. All that separates the shimmering outdoor pool from the dazzling white sands is a thin stretch of rustling palm trees and thatched parasols, whereby you can unwind in the backdrop of a mesmerizing Red Sea sunset.
From the international buffet to the 4 a la carte restaurants, each night I was able to savour a different dining concept with a unique theme, offering the variety you won’t find in many resorts.
The on-site spa beckons guests to indulge in ancient, aromatic treatment rituals and personalized wellness programmes to pamper the senses.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sunrise Montemare Resort -Grand Select
10. Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort – an elegant, lavish and authentic Arabian-style resort steps away from the beach
Where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky, this stunning resort invites you to discover the spirit of an authentic Arabian setting.
From the elegant entrance to the graceful hallways, each element has been meticulously crafted with style and sophistication at heart, while the many open-air hang-out spots offer the ultimate paradise to contemplate the natural beauty of the Red Sea.
This six-terraced architectural masterpiece nestles in Sharks Bay, overlooking the beautiful Tiran Island, and offers direct access to a 250 metre beach where the surrounding waters are teeming with colourful reefs and exotic marine life.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort
11. Baron Palms Adults Friendly Only 16 years plus Boutique Hotel Style – a modern, 5-star and cosy resort where guests can experience local cuisine at the Egyptian-style restaurant
Baron Palms enhances every aspect of the guest experience by echoing a profoundly Egyptian architectural style. This is combined with gorgeous Andalusian-style features, over 150 palm trees, and vast tropical landscapes, crafting a luxuriant, dream-like hospitality concept on the silky sands of Ras Nasrani Bay.
My room opened out onto a beautiful palm-fringed balcony, and boasted a quaint seating area where I could retreat to a sense of seclusion after an action-packed day of diving.
Dining spots here include international buffets with live cooking stations, a paradisiacal pool restaurant and bar, a lobby bar & piano lounge, a panoramic terrace, and an upbeat dance bar, among many more.
- To book, check prices or availability for Baron Palms Adults Friendly Only 16 years plus Boutique Hotel Style
12. Iberotel Palace – Adults Friendly 16 Years Plus – a charming, spacious and relaxing resort within walking distance of the Old Town
Subtle luxury and seamless service are the hallmarks of this exquisite adults-only hotel, which exudes a distinct charm overlooking a vast stretch of sandy beach.
Situated within walking distance of the Old Town, Iberotel Palace is a top choice for those seeking a blend of culture, nature, and adventure, rooted in a chic, sophisticated ambiance.
From the eloquently designed Mividaspa to the two gorgeous outdoor pools, prepare to be pampered in the serenity from the get-go.
Each bright and spacious room is graced by an ethnic touch and comes with a stunning balcony overlooking either the garden, pool, or sea.
- To book, check prices or availability for Iberotel Palace – Adults Friendly 16 Years Plus
We also have posts on…
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Cairo
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Marrakech
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Casablanca
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Doha
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Dubai
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Istanbul
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Athens
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Durban
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Tel Aviv
Born and raised in Brazil, Gaby has always had a taste for the intriguing, the off-beat and the far flung. After travelling around most of South America, living in Spain and Italy and then moving to England, her feet have stayed continually twitchy. Studying for a degree in Spanish translation and then learning five more languages only poured more fuel onto her travelling ardor.
Gaby likes nothing better than discovering new destinations and meeting the locals, tasting the cuisine and hearing about the local stories. Her other indulgences include French cinema, boxing, photography, colourful manicures and soaking up the rays on a sun-infused beach. She counts Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon and Cornwall as her most favourite places in the world.