Located in the Florida Big Bend and Panhandle region, Tallahassee is the state capital and a college town. It’s also an arts and culture hub and an outdoorsy kind of place with hundreds of miles of trails and waterways enjoyed by residents and visitors alike. Foodies will be in heaven with a variety of cuisines and settings in which to enjoy them, from fine dining to food trucks.
Must-dos for visitors include a trip to the state capitol, history museum, and the Railroad Square Art Park with unique open-air sculptures, stores and artist studios.
There’s a wide range of luxury and boutique hotels and quaint inns to choose from, so you can get a good night’s rest between adventures. Here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Tallahassee (in no particular order)…
1. Aloft Tallahassee Downtown – a vibrant, trendy and Instagrammable hotel in a perfect location for Millennials and Gen Zs to enjoy a city break
A loft-inspired, boutique hotel nestled on historic streets in downtown Tallahassee. Warm rooms at Aloft come with flat-screen TVs, minifridges, free Wi-Fi, desks, and coffee makers.
If your pet is accompanying you, the hotel will provide a bed, treats, and toys for it free of charge. There’s an elegant lobby lounge with a billiards table, a coffee shop, and a fireplace. Other amenities include a 24/7 fitness center, an outdoor pool, and a cocktail bar serving snacks.
There are many great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Popular attractions near the 3-star hotel include Tallahassee Downtown Market, Meginnis-Monroe House, and Cascades Park.
Address: 200 N Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL 32301, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
2. Hotel Indigo – Tallahassee – College Town, an IHG Hotel – a stylish, contemporary boutique hotel steps away from local attractions, bars and restaurants, ideal for Millennials and Gen Zs
Located on Gaines Street in West Tallahassee, Hotel Indigo is a seven-story boutique hotel featuring143 polished rooms and suites with high-end amenities.
Each room is meticulously decorated to reflect Tallahassee’s rich history and culture, with rail map motifs on the rugs and walls.
Basic amenities like flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, and minifridges are available in all rooms. Upgraded rooms come with Keurig coffee makers. Suites have wet bars, living areas, and/or balconies with views of Florida State University’s sports complexes. There’s a relaxed restaurant serving continental food and a 24/7 gym.
Address: 826 W Gaines St, Tallahassee, FL 32304, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Indigo – Tallahassee – College Town, an IHG Hotel
3. Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection – one of the first boutique hotels in Tallahassee, blending upscale comfort with historic-chic style
A boutique hotel that aesthetically combines modern comfort with its historic splendor. Set in a property dating back to the 1950s, Hotel Duval offers luxurious accommodation in the heart of downtown Tallahassee.
Genteel rooms at this cool boutique hotel have en-suite bathrooms with walk-in showers, free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, minibars, coffee and tea makers, and iPod docks. Some rooms add microwaves, wet bars, and/or separate living areas with pull-out sofas.
From a freshly cooked meal at the on-site steakhouse to sweeping city views from the rooftop cocktail lounge, guests can indulge in so much at Hotel Duval. A casual bistro, a gym, and meeting and event spaces are also available.
Address: 415 N Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL 32301, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection
4. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tallahassee – an elegant, modern and chic hotel featuring an outdoor pool and rooftop bap
A high-end, full-service hotel conveniently located in downtown Tallahassee, a mile from Florida State University and Cascades Park. Rooms at DoubleTree are meticulously designed to provide all modern comforts to guests.
With flat-screen TVs, coffee makers, and minifridges in all rooms, guests can taste gracious living in its truest form. Suites come with separate living areas and wet bars.
The chic hotel also features a refined eatery, an elegant cafe, an outdoor pool, a meeting and event space, and a gym.
Address: 101 S Adams St, Tallahassee, FL 32301, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tallahassee
5. Hyatt House Tallahassee Capitol University – a modern and pet-friendly hotel ideal for those looking to explore the city and enjoy a peaceful retreat
A cool Tallahassee hotel located in Railroad Square Art District, with all top attractions reachable within walking distance, from stylish eateries to art galleries to museums.
Refined rooms at Hyatt House have a modern vibe and come equipped with free Wi-Fi, minifridges, flat-screen TVs, separate sitting areas, and coffee makers. Kitchenettes and living rooms with pull-out sofas are available in suites.
Hotel concessions include a convenience store and a cafe. An outdoor pool and a 24-hour gym are also available.
Address: 1100 Railroad Ave, Tallahassee, FL 32310, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Hyatt House Tallahassee Capitol University
6. Brand New Luxurious Home – a trendy, contemporary and cool accommodation where guests can enjoy a home away from home stay
A modern, holiday home with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a well-equipped kitchen with marble countertops, a living area with a flat-screen TV, and a garden. There are extra-large double beds in two bedrooms and a large double bed in one.
With clean lines, abundant natural lighting, and a minimalist interior, the pet-friendly property is ideal for both long-term and short-term stays in Tallahassee. Guests also get access to a private patio and free parking.
A great Mexican restaurant is accessible within a short walk from the property. Alfred B Maclay Gardens State Park and Killearn Gardens State Park are within walking distance of the property.
Address: 2299 Lake Hall Road, Tallahassee, FL 32309, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Brand New Luxurious Home
7. Luxe One Bedroom Apartment with Balcony – a cool, hip and vibrant accommodation perfect for a couple’s getaway
A beautiful, one-bedroom apartment offering home-like comfort with its many amenities. The property features a rustic-chic interior with modern furnishings and custom artwork on the walls.
Located less than a mile from the University of Florida in Gainesville, the holiday home has a full kitchen, an airy living room with a pool table, a dining area with seating for four, a full bathroom, laundry, and a balcony with plants.
With a double bed in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room, the property can sleep up to four people. There are several restaurants reachable within walking distance of the property.
Address: Southwest 13th Street 2534, Gainesville, 32608, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Luxe One Bedroom Apartment with Balcony
8. Beautiful Modern Luxury Eco Townhouse, 3b/3.5b Great Location – a chic and stylish accommodation ideal for a family or group vacation
An unpretentious holiday home featuring hardwood flooring and contemporary furnishings. There are three bedrooms, four bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen with a 3-person breakfast bar, a living area with a sofa and dining table, and laundry.
Located on Gwen Street, the laid-back property provides easy access to Los Robles Park, New Capitol Building, Like Ella, and Winthrop Park. Many restaurants are reachable within a short walk from the property.
Address: 714 Gwen Street, Tallahassee, FL 32303, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Beautiful Modern Luxury Eco Townhouse, 3b/3.5b Great Location
9. Lush, Serene Townhome about 3 Mi From FSU Campus – an upscale and charming accommodation located near popular attractions and activities
A luxurious holiday home featuring two bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen with a 2-person breakfast bar, a living area, a laundry, and a courtyard with outdoor chairs. With double beds in both bedrooms, the property can sleep up to four people.
Guests can enjoy a variety of activities nearby, ranging from cycling to sightseeing. Top attractions near the property include Levy Park, Los Robles Park, Varsity Shopping Center, and Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium.
Address: Tallahassee, 32303, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Lush, Serene TownHome about 3 Mi From FSU Campus
10. Tallahassee Sun & Moon – a cozy, quaint and kitsch accommodation well equipped for a comfortable stay
A quaint, homespun property located on Day Street, less than a mile from Joanne Graf Field. The property features three types of accommodations: a double room with a shared bathroom, a double room with a private bathroom, and a bed in a 4-bed mixed dormitory.
Each room at Tallahassee Sun & Moon has hardwood or parquet floors, free Wi-Fi, sockets near the bed, and ironing facilities.
Popular points of interest near the property include Varsity Shopping Center, Mike Long Track, Westwood Shopping Center, and Palmer Monroe Park.
Address: 217 Day St, Tallahassee, FL 32304, United States
- To book, check prices or availability for Tallahassee Sun & Moon
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Jacksonville
- Cool boutique hotels in St Augustine
- Cool boutique hotels in Orlando
- Cool boutique hotels in Tampa
- Cool boutique hotels in Naples
- Cool boutique hotels in Key West
- Cool boutique hotels in Fort Lauderdale
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Vero Beach
- Cool and trendy hotels on Sanibel Island
- Cool and trendy hotels in Miami
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Biloxi
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Pensacola Beach
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.