A perfect swirl of tropical beauty, abounding nature, and turquoise seas, this archipelago of over 700 islands and cays offer life-lasting memories across 100,000 square miles of the world’s clearest ocean.
While the Bahamas is known for its Tiffany-blue waters, its picture-perfect pink sand beaches, and some of the world’s best diving spots, it is also home to some of the world’s most enchanting national parks and walking trails, as well as its vivid evocations of the colonial era.
The gorgeous hotels which dot the sandy shores of the Bahamas attract millions of jet setters year upon year. From gorgeous boutiques to grand, all-inclusive paradises embellished by cascading horizon pools and towering palms, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in the Bahamas, the Caribbean (in no particular order)…
1. Margaritaville Beach Resort Nassau – a new, chic and trendy accommodation in the heart of Downtown Nassau perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
Located in the hip and trendy area of the Bahamas, Margaritaville is the crown jewel of downtown Nassau, and is a wonderful spot for the young at heart to work and play.
A modern yet casual Caribbean charm radiates into the property’s two towers, and the 155 oceanfront rooms are the ideal spot to take in the magnificent ocean landscapes.
All the rooms boast Caribbean chic décor and are decked out with a fully stocked chefs’ kitchen and Bosch appliances. A variety of cuisine experiences are on offer, ranging from signature Stead & Seafood spots to Italian eateries, while a whole host of quick bite options are also available.
- To book, check prices or availability for Margaritaville Beach Resort Nassau
2. The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas – one of the most popular accommodations in the Caribbean providing a unique, Instagrammable and beautiful stay
Inspired by the romantic grandeur of Versailles, this once private estate boasts an extraordinary setting marked by terraced gardens and elegant colonial architecture.
Framed by the dramatic arches of a 14th-century Augustinian cloister, glorious sunsets over Nassau Harbour are showcased in this blissful hotel, which featured in the James Bond film Casino Royale.
The villas are sublimely decorated and topped with a thrice-daily maid service. At The Ocean Club, moments of leisure begin on the gorgeous white sand beach with snorkelling, aqua bikes, and a host of other water sports.
Further facilities include a tennis and fitness centre, as well as an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Tom Weiskopf.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas
3. Riu Palace Paradise Island – Adults Only – All Inclusive – an upscale, fun and stylish hotel perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Boasting an impressive location on a white-sand beach, this all-inclusive hotel is steeped in opulence. Through a vibrant lighting system suffusing the spacious indoor areas, a modern boutique ambiance is ever-present.
Outside, the enormous horizon pools are girdled by towering palms and parasols overlooking the crystal-clear ocean waters. The bountiful array of luxurious sunlit seating areas offers a lavish setting to enjoy the live shows and music.
The 350 rooms are equipped with a whole host of amenities, such as minibars, beverage dispensers, and coffee machines, while the sportier among you also have the option to enjoy beach volleyball, windsurfing, scuba diving, and kayaking around the resort.
- To book, check prices or availability for Riu Palace Paradise Island – Adults Only – All Inclusive
4. Pink Sands Resort – a unique, Instagrammable and modern accommodation set on 20 acres of Harbor Island oceanfront
Taking the pace of life down several notches, this stylish resort boasts a zen-like tranquillity, in keeping with its tagline of ‘civilised simplicity’.
Upon entering, the arched branches of a lush banyan tree and the twin Asian-inspired koi ponds flanking a small bridge evoke an intimate boutique ambiance.
The 23 charming, rustic-style cottages combine opulent comfort with state-of-the-art mod-cons and feature soft, white décor. All rooms are large and breezy and boast their very own patio or terrace.
The Blue Bar & Restaurant features modern Bahamian cuisine with an emphasis on local, sustainable foods, and pleasantly overlooks the striking blue waters of the Atlantic.
- To book, check prices or availability for Pink Sands Resort
5. SLS at Baha Mar – a hip, sleek and creative hotel featuring an 18-hole golf course, casino and nightclub, perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Blending a five-star hotel experience with elements of creativity and community, this irresistible Bahamian retreat was envisioned as a tropical sanctuary for connoisseurs of global culture and style.
Natural scenery combines with world-class décor and an unparalleled service curated specially for the world’s most discerning travellers. In the 299 guestrooms, guests are truly pampered, courtesy of the iconic SLS bedding, apparel, merchandise, and spa products.
Further in-room amenities include a walk-in rainfall shower, wall-mounted HDTV’s, full technology connectivity, and custom Ciel Reserve bath products.
A premium boutique experience steeped in sophistication awaits you at SLS, introducing a new level of lifestyle hospitality.
- To book, check prices or availability for SLS at Baha Mar
6. Eleven Experience Bahama House – a charming, quirky-chic and trendy accommodation ideal for those looking for adventure
Housed on the stunning Harbour Island amid pink sand beaches and pastel-painted houses draped with colourful bougainvillaea, Eleven sets a new standard in experiential travel, where unprecedented adventures and authentic connections are at the heart.
With just 11 intimate rooms steeped in cultural heritage, Bahama House feels more like a stylish friend’s beach retreat, with a freshwater swimming pool and handcrafted tiki bar creating an unmatched boutique experience.
Beautifully contrasting the island’s laid-back pace, Eleven delivers a dose of adventure to its guests. Here, you can enjoy scuba diving & snorkelling experiences, cliff jump into a sapphire blue hole, or catch your own dinner on a deep-sea fishing excursion.
- To book, check prices or availability for Eleven Experience Bahama House
7. The Cove Eleuthera – a stylish, chic and intimate accommodation where guests can experience outdoor activities or relax along the beachfront
Tucked into lush, sand-coved landscaping along a calm, turquoise bay, complete seclusion and luxury are the hallmarks of this spectacular boutique resort.
Situated totally off the beaten path, at the Cove you will feel like you’ve washed ashore on your own private Caribbean Island.
A tone of intimacy is set immediately, from the long, tree-lined entrance to the two private beaches and striking white buildings that stand out amid the greenery. The stunning guestrooms, oceanfront villas and cottages boast cabana-style patios, as well as comfortable beds dressed in 500-thread count white linens.
A stay here will be teeming with happiness, owing to the vibrant local presence which welcomes you like family.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Cove Eleuthera
8. The Island House – a contemporary, hip boutique hotel nestled away amongst a palm-studded private estate
Characterised by a creative style with custom-wood furniture, local art, and wild, manicured gardens all around, simple elegance translates through the property.
A muted use of colour permeates the Asian-inspired architecture, offering a soulful rendition of barefoot luxury. The furniture in the airy, modern guestrooms is all wood framed, in line with the earthy and tropical interiors, with an artist’s touch applied to the bed boards and walls.
There are three outstanding choices for food lovers. The south-east Asian inspired restaurant Shima boasts an open-air balcony for dining under the stars, Mahogany House serves foods enriched by the purity of local ingredients, while the Coffee Bar offers an eclectic twist on the European classics.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Island House
9. French Leave Resort, Autograph Collection – an upscale, serene boutique accommodation overlooking the clear crystal waters of Governor’s Harbor
French Leave Resort is one of the Caribbean’s best kept secrets. Perfectly perched on a hillside to capture breath-taking views of crystal-clear waters, this 270-acre escape welcomes guests with unspoiled pink sand beaches and 20 authentic Bahamian villas.
The integrity of the tropical architecture offers a unique hospitality experience, matched only by the epic festivals hosted at the resort.
Here, you can rent boats and charters, while personal yachts can be docked at the resort marina. Offering a variety of water sports, a stay here is as energetic as it is rejuvenating, and the spectacular sunsets and gracious hospitality offer an unrivalled vibe.
- To book, check prices or availability for French Leave Resort, Autograph Collection
10. Sandyport Beach Resort – a vibrant, quiet boutique accommodation featuring a private lagoon beach and direct access to Cable Beach
Named ‘one of the best boutique resorts in the Bahamas’ by Travel + Leisure magazine, this laid-back island jewel is the perfect place to slip off the radar in a colour-clad tropical hideaway, and savour fresh island cuisine.
A breezy island oasis to call home, the residential-style guestrooms and suites are all located within canal-front or Lagoon Beach-front villas and boast original artwork by local Bahamians and hand-printed custom throw pillows.
The secluded beach is dotted by hammocks, the works of island artisans dress the interiors, and the chic and casual Blue Sail Restaurant & Bar overlooks the crystal-clear waters while serving Mediterranean-French fusion cuisine.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sandyport Beach Resort
11. Pelican Bay Hotel – the most hospital hotel in Grand Bahama Island offering a vibrant, elegant and modern stay
Set against an effervescent backdrop of Bahamian architecture and towering palms, Pelican Bay Hotel is a true Caribbean treasure offering modern comfort and convenience with a unique laid-back vibe.
A true Bahamian original, this stunning oasis has attracted all sorts of colourful characters, from rum runners, to merchants, artists, musicians, and travellers from near and afar. The 183 rooms feature amenities to inspire relaxation from the minute your holiday begins, with balconies boasting sweeping views, to high-speed Wi-Fi and cable TV.
The on-site Restaurant & Bar ‘Sabor’ serves an eclectic array of delectable cuisine, and the three pools offer an ideal setting to unwind in the gorgeous Caribbean climate.
- To book, check prices or availability for Pelican Bay Hotel
12. EMBRACE Resort – an eco-friendly and unique accommodation moments away from the famous Pig Beach
An authentic experience is curated at this family-owned resort, where each villa is uniquely appointed and represents a facet of the wonderfully rich culture of the Bahamas.
Personalized service is taken to another level at Embrace, where guests are treated like family, and the bar of elegance is set extremely high. The vibrant villas boast state-of-the-art amenities with a hint of history mixed with bespoke island-inspired décor.
A sensuous spa experience is on offer, courtesy of a lush natural atmosphere and a comprehensive list of wellness packages. In the on-site restaurant, an upscale twist on native and traditional flavours treats guest to a memorable dining experience amid a peaceful ambience.
- To book, check prices or availability for EMBRACE Resort
13. Tiamo Resort – an intimate, traditional and upscale accommodation located on a private Caribbean beach
Enclosed by lush green palm groves, pristine white sand beaches, and a stunning tropical surroundings, this exclusive slice of paradise is situated on South Andros Island and is accessible only by boat or seaplane.
Its 11 villas and 2 rooms ooze great charm in a traditional Bahamian style, offering a chance to unplug and truly get away from it all.
The stylish, white-washed interior and blissfully comfortable sofas in the common area combine to form a bright, airy space with an opulent atmosphere.
Meanwhile, the cascading natural infinity pool area offers a blissful spot to recline in a comfortable lounge chair and soak up the splendour of this stunning island.
- To book, check prices or availability for Tiamo Resort
14. Ocean West Boutique Hotel – a new, elegant and classic hotel perfect for a couple’s romantic getaway
This stunning vacation destination is Nassau’s newest luxury hotel and is exquisitely situated seventy feet above sea level with awe-inspiring views of Lake Killarney to the south and the Atlantic to the north.
As a small boutique hotel, the attention to detail in each of its 10 rooms offers an air of elegance, with comfort and intimacy oozing from the island-inspired décor.
All of the rooms boast ocean views, while some have French doors that open onto private balconies. Owing to the hotel’s premium location, the Cable Beach strip and its eclectic array of casino gaming, fine dining, and vibrant nightlife can be reached in just a few minutes.
- To book, check prices or availability for Ocean West Boutique Hotel
15. Graycliff Hotel – one of the most unique hotels in The Bahamas providing a historic, classic and charming stay
A true Bahamian treasure which dates back to 1740, this reborn, divinely styled boutique hotel boasts the third-largest wine cellar in the world.
Offering a quirky twist on the typical Bahamian character, the Graycliff is on the National Register of Historic Places and was once a private hang-out for the rich and famous.
The Graycliff Hotel retains its intimate colonial style through its shuttered windows, Victorian décor, polished wood verandas, and magnificent chandeliers, which continue to attract A-list celebrities.
Its 20 wonderfully spacious rooms feature period touches, with four-poster beds, chaise lounges, area rugs, and floral soft furnishings. Located on the outskirts of Nassau, the Graycliff is nicely tucked away from the main tourist hub, yet within easy walk to the island’s main attractions.
- To book, check prices or availability for Graycliff Hotel
16. Mika’s Resort – a modern, cool and bright accommodation located on the oceanfront featuring a private beach
This family-owned haven sits perfectly on a private pink sand beach. Mika’s Resort boasts a handful of oceanfront casitas equipped with their very own kitchenette and thoughtful amenities which include spa-quality Comphy brand bedding and custom skin care products.
Decorated in a nautically inspired blue and white colour scheme with stunning sunrise views, a stay here places you right within an ocean paradise, where dreams are fulfilled, and your comfort is attended to by a graceful staff presence.
Here you can enjoy delicious sea-to-table fare (courtesy of the charming fishermen who set out to source you your catch of the day) whilst dining in total seclusion, embracing the true essence of Bahamian tranquillity.
- To book, check prices or availability for Mika’s Resort
We also have posts on…
- Cool and unique hotels in Bermuda
- Cool and unique hotels in Miami
- Cool and unique hotels in Key West
- Cool and unique hotels in Key Largo
- Cool and unique hotels in Maui
- Cool and unique hotels in Kauai
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Punta Cana
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.