A Caribbean archipelago renowned for its jaw-dropping beaches and world-class diving, the British Overseas Territory of The Cayman Islands is a treasure trove of marine life.
The three islands of Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman all offer an exceptional selection of award-lauded restaurants, contributing to the wide acknowledgement of ‘The culinary capital of the Caribbean’. Chic restaurants and barefoot beach cafes await you after a day of exploring the local culture, while awe-inspiring ocean panoramas feature in every corner of the islands.
The Cayman Islands also feature some of the Caribbean’s most high-end accommodations, which range from palm-fringed boutiques to five-star, oceanfront resorts. Here are the best cool and unusual hotels in The Cayman Islands, The Caribbean (in no particular order)…
1. Hampton by Hilton Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands – a trendy, fun and creative upscale hotel with bright and funky decor
Steps from the pristine sands of Seven Miles Beach, Hampton by Hilton is a charming resort offering a range of boutique-style studios and suites.
Each unit is equipped with a flat-screen smart TV, as well as a kitchenette with a microwave and mini fridge, providing homely comforts in an atmosphere of refined elegance.
A shimmering pool area is dotted by colourful sun loungers and umbrellas, inviting you to kick back and surrender to the rhythms of island life.
As the sun goes down you can head to Ms. Piper’s Kitchen + Garden, where you can savour authentic cuisine and homemade dishes inspired from around the world.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hampton by Hilton Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
2. The Locale Hotel Grand Cayman – cool, trendy and funky boutique accommodation perfect for partying Millenials and Gen Zs
Bringing an air of elegance and a graceful ambiance to the budget-conscious traveller, the modern and spacious accommodations at The Locale exude comfort, tranquillity, and functionality.
Set less than 500 feet from Seven Mile Beach, this is the perfect spot to soak up the island charm, not least in the outdoor saltwater pool, which is girdled by soaring trees and sun loungers.
Whether you choose a double queen room, a family suite, or a penthouse suite, you will benefit from a large space, as well as modern furnishings, and well-equipped kitchenettes.
In-room tech offerings include 55″ smart TVs, and Alexa digital assistants which can also help with many hotel requests.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Locale Hotel Grand Cayman
3. Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, an IHG Hotel – one of the most Instagrammable upscale boutique resorts in The Cayman Islands
Here we have the Kimpton brand’s first venture into the Caribbean market, with a jaw-dropping, designer resort on the golden sands of Seven Mile Beach.
A lobby of 20-foot ceilings and expansive beach views exudes a dramatic statement upon arrival, made more intimate with various vignettes and nooks.
Subtle nautical prints and motifs, as well as a traditional wooden Cayman catboat ornate a graceful library, exuding a playful atmosphere.
The fun and inviting guestrooms offer white acrylic headboards with backlit cut-outs in an abstract floral design, delicately juxtaposing the tribal-style prints which give the units their spirited tone.
In addition to a pool bar and a grab-and-go café, Kimpton Seafire boasts three signature restaurants offering ambitious menus of innovative cuisine and cocktails.
- To book, check prices or availability for Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, an IHG Hotel
4. Palm Heights – a gorgeous, chic and refined design hotel that is an intimate oasis embraced by palm trees
Built in celebration of the Caribbean’s understated glamour, Palm Heights is a beautiful hub of culture, cuisine, and wellness, bound by a great focus on design.
The hotel is nestled on one of the Caribbean’s most coveted stretches of white sand, Seven Mile Beach, with scintillating horizon views serving as the backdrop for every guestroom.
The on-site restaurant Tillies is a journey through the Greater Antilles, striving for the quintessential seaside dining experience through classic, farm-inspired Caribbean dishes.
A standout feature of the property is The Garden Club, which hosts a program focusing on active wellness and the harmony of mind, body, and soul.
- To book, check prices or availability for Palm Heights
5. Black Urchin Boutique Resort – an upscale hidden gem aparthotel that is the perfect choice for a tranquil urban escape
Potentially Grand Cayman’s best-kept secret, Black Urchin is a traditional boutique resort with a modern flair, nestled on a private stretch of shoreline.
Here, guests can enjoy breathtaking beachfront pools, as well as access to cuisine from a world-class chef, in a hospitality experience which is tailor-made for the discerning traveller.
An atmosphere of refined elegance radiates through the private residences and four-bedroom suites, which feature high-end marble finishes, a sleek and modern design, and views of the Caribbean Sea.
As a guest, you can take advantage of a luxury concierge service which is always on hand to help draft up your perfect, tailor-made vacation.
- To book, check prices or availability for Black Urchin Boutique Resort
6. The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa – a lavish and sleek beachfront spa resort with Insta-worthy features
Here we have a sprawling resort which offers water sports, a tranquil spa, and multiple swimming pools and restaurants.
Located on one of the widest stretches of Seven Mile Beach, The Westin is idyllically positioned to invite you to soak up the island charm and puts you an arm’s reach from the eclecticism of West Bay and George Town.
Upon arrival, sparkling ocean views are framed by floor-to-ceiling windows in a newly renovated lobby, which boasts a colour palette inspired by the lushness of the Caribbean Sea.
You can immediately head to a pool which features a swim-up bar and enjoy your first crafted cocktail, before reclining on one of the poolside cabanas.
The guestrooms offer a traditional look, through yellow painted walls, dark wooden bed frames, nightstands, and coffee tables.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
7. Rum Point Club Residences – a chic, contemporary and upmarket beachfront hotel set on the peaceful north side of Grand Cayman
Situated on the tranquil north side of Grand Cayman in the luxury oceanfront community of Rum Point, this stunning property is dressed in a nautically inspired colour palette of White and Blue.
Evoking the feel of a Santorini cliff-side residence, every piece of artwork which adorns the walls is beautifully patterned, and complemented by thoughtfully appointed décor exuding elegance and glamour.
The one, two, three, and four-bedroom residences were designed for lavish travellers who demand the highest of standards. From oceanfront balconies to gourmet kitchens, to spacious, marble-clad bathrooms, you can revel in total opulence from the minute you arrive.
A chic lobby and lounge, a blissful health and wellness centre, and a beachfront infinity pool also feature on-site, bound by décor which shares a nod to the island way of life.
- To book, check prices or availability for Rum Point Club Residences
8. Botanica – a cute and charming family-owned set of boutique and intimate apartments which offers the perfect home away from home
Here we have a family-owned property offering 14 luxury cottages, which were thoughtfully designed with the discerning traveller in mind.
A dedication to a highly personalized customer service is infused with family heritage and culture, inviting visitors to experience Cayman through a local lens.
Botanica embodies the slow-paced rhythms of Cayman life, where a sense of luxury and simplicity is connected with the holistic ideals of sustainability and inner harmony.
The materials and décor which dress the property were selected to honour the island’s heritage, and give a light, airy feel to the accommodations.
From herbal-infused wellness amenities to sustainable bamboo sheets, to crisp soft linens, each in-room offering is designed to pamper the soul.
- To book, check prices or availability for Botanica Cayman Islands
9. Le Soleil D’or – a romantic boutique hotel that is Cayman Islands’ only beachside farm-to-table destination
Here we have a boutique hotel which is a collection of private cottages set on a 20-acre organic farm on the remote island of Cayman Brac.
Set against a rocky coral cliff across from the ocean, each room is equipped with hardwood floors, and limestone-tiled bathrooms with a rainfall shower and large soaking tub.
At the on-site restaurant, the pitched cathedral ceiling and floor-to-ceiling windows set a rather traditional, elegant tone, and plays host to a daily-changing menu based on fresh, seasonal produce from the organic farm on the bluff.
As a guest, you can take advantage of a nearby Beach Club, which offers an additional restaurant and a spa.
- To book, check prices or availability for Le Soleil D’or
10. Regal Beach Club – an oceanfront aparthotel that provides a peaceful setting where you can unplug and unwind
Embodying the graceful island spirit of Cayman, this family-run property goes the extra mile to curate a unique, locally inspired vacation experience.
A charming staff presence is on hand to craft the perfect island itinerary, allowing you to explore some of its hidden gems not found on the web.
The property itself is well appointed with many communal nooks set in the backdrop of the dazzling turquoise sea, while a blissful tone is set around the shimmering pool area.
The accommodations feature a private dining area, as well as a living space equipped with a satellite flat-screen TV.
- To book, check prices or availability for Regal Beach Club
11. The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman – an outstanding luxury resort where guests get the celebrity treatment with excellent service
Fronted by a towering colonial Caribbean façade with tin roofs and arched windows, The cutting-edge Ritz-Carlton is a bespoke expression of elegance and sophistication.
You are invited into a newly renovated lobby which is polished with creamy marble, wainscot ceilings and walls, and swirling abstract designs.
The resort is sprawling with many graceful communal nooks, as well as bars and lounges catering to all types of traveller. The 375 guestrooms boast an updated yet traditional design, and are dressed in a palette of sand tones and light blue, with pops of citrus.
You can savour exceptional cuisine in one of five food and drink venues, and take your pick from seafood menus, barbeque delicacies, and internationally infused cuisine.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
12. ONE Canal Point – sleek and modern accommodation located in a highly sought-after neighbourhood in the Seven Mile Beach corridor
Situated in the most prestigious neighbourhood of the Seven Mile Beach corridor, ONE Canal Point presents a comprehensive range of townhomes and condos, each backdropped by 900 jaw-dropping feet of canal frontage.
As the most high-status gated community on Grand Cayman, you can relish 5-star resort-style amenities in the perfect balance of island luxury and modern sophistication.
The 1-bedroom condo is an idyllic choice for a romantic couple’s getaway, owing to its living room which opens onto a furnished balcony backdropped by the lush, landscaped gardens.
Other options include a 2-bedroom condo, a 3-bedroom penthouse, and a 4-bedroom townhome. All units have been built with a commitment to a sustainable future using recycled materials, and are filled with eco-friendly tech initiatives.
- To book, check prices or availability for ONE Canal Point
13. Beach Living at Villas Pappagallo (BLPP) – a cool and trendy seafront villa that is ideal for large groups or families
The Spanish-style villas that constitute this charming resort are clad in elegant décor, willowy finishes, and vivid colour schemes, ready to spark an island state of mind.
Nestled on a private, sun-drenched stretch of white beach, you can enjoy some of the island’s most favoured diving, as well as snorkelling off a reef-protected beach by the resort.
For a blissful moment of downtime, the saltwater pool is separated from the gorgeous beach by only a thin stretch of swaying palms, and you can access the turquoise waters by a stunning, Instagrammable boardwalk.
When you’re ready for a bit of action, the vibrant nightlife and dining hotspots of Seven Mile Beach and Georgetown are only a short drive away.
- To book, check prices or availability for Beach Living at Villas Pappagallo (BLPP)
14. Boggy Sands Club – cool and contemporary self-catering accommodation perfect for longer stays or families
Situated on a quiet corner of the world-famous Seven Mile Beach in the charming Old West Bay, Boggy Sands Club is your idyllic island paradise.
Perfect for a large group retreat, as well as a serene family vacation, you can rest in pure bliss in one of the 4-bedroom, 4-bathroom condos.
Each sleeping up to 10 guests comfortably, your stay will be enhanced with state-of-the-art amenities, bountiful space, and private terraces backdropped by breathtaking ocean panoramas.
The property offers a stunning pool pavilion which is bolstered by a bespoke, personalized service, and is surrounded by soaring palms and comfy sun loungers.
- To book, check prices or availability for Boggy Sands Club
15. Cayman Luxury Rentals at The Grove – a high-end apartment that offers bicycle and car rental
Placing you a mere 200 yards from the famous Seven Mile Beach, and a 30-minute walk from West Bay, this bright and spacious luxury property is equipped with a manicured garden and a vibrant bar area.
Each unit features a graceful patio space inviting you to spend a moment of downtime at the end of a sun-filled day, as well as a commodious living area featuring charming, boutique décor.
Some units also boast a kitchen equipped with a dishwasher, a microwave, and a fridge, meaning you don’t have to compromise on your home comforts. Guests can take advantage of a bicycle and car rental service at the hotel, providing endless opportunities for island exploration.
- To book, check prices or availability for Cayman Luxury Rentals at The Grove
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Barbados
- Cool boutique hotels in Punta Cana
- Cool boutique hotels in US Virgin Islands
- Cool boutique hotels in The Maldives
- Cool boutique hotels in Jamaica
- Cool boutique hotels in Aruba
- Cool boutique hotels in Costa Rica
- Cool and Unusual hotels in St Barts
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Grenada
Ever since he was knee-high to a grasshopper Michael has always been a sucker for an adventure. Growing up he was lucky enough to live in a handful of exotic far flung locations including Hong Kong, Pakistan, Kenya and Tanzania and since then he’s continued his taste for seeking out new cultures. So much in fact he now travels the world as a trading digital nomad, exploring everything from the sizzling street markets in Bangkok to random back alleys in Sri Lanka and everything in between! He also has a special fondness for Cohibas, street food, playing carrom, and fine wine and knows his clarets from his chiantis. He counts Cuba, Amsterdam, Indonesia, Cambodia and Italy as his favourite destinations.