1. SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection By Hilton – a trendy, cool and Insta-worthy resort perfect for Millennials and Gen Zs
The classic Maldives holiday reimagined with a customarily sublime tropical setting, this resort sits on a gorgeous private island surrounded by the infamous colourful marine life of the Maldives.
The lobby evokes the wow-factor, with thoughtful touches and an authentically dutiful service culture. Unique dining opportunities are a key characteristic of SAii Lagoon, with mouth-watering foodie-style dining on offer day in, day out.
Discerning castaways, from couples to friends to families, will find a whole host of experiences to admire at this new, dynamic beach escape.
The hotel offers guests the chance to select their own bathroom amenity set, as well as complimentary selections of healthy refreshments.
- To book, check prices or availability for SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection By Hilton
2. Hard Rock Hotel Maldives – a quirky, fun and hip 5-star resort perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
This five-star beach resort embodies a melody you can’t shake, and a tropical experience you won’t forget. Music is the hotel’s forte, with underwater tunes in the pool bar, to music memorabilia in the café.
The guestrooms and suites are likewise decked with personalized playlists, to compliment the curated collection of Wax Records.
The hotel boasts babysitting services amongst other family-friendly perks, as well as opportunities to set sail for Emboodhoo Lagoon by speedboat before the sundown ritual.
Within all the grandeur and stimulating activities on offer, the Hard Rock’s private studios and ocean-view villas are the perfect retreat to revel in the splendour of surf, sand, and sweet symphonies.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
3. Joali Being – one of the first upscale well-being retreats in the Maldives where guests can enjoy a unique, Instagrammable and eco-friendly stay
Guests can open their heart to the timeless wisdom of sun, sand, sea, and the stars, as they reconnect with the generous gifts of nature at the Joali Being. This wellbeing island retreat is truly one of a kind.
At this awe-inspiring hotel, guests and staff script an extraordinary tale together, full of passion and integrity, in an environment where wellbeing is not just an expression but a way of life.
The hotel prides itself on the mere belief of savouring the joy of here and now, and creating moments of wonder and transcendence.
From soulful relaxation, to exhilarating adventure, to customised nutrition, the experience at the Joali Being is tailored to individual lifestyles and goals.
- To book, check prices or availability for Joali Being
4. Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort & Spa – a lavish, hip and elegant resort where each villa features a private pool
This hotel, scheduled to open at the end of this year, will mark the entry of Hilton’s flagship ‘Hotels & Resorts’ brand into the Maldives.
Here, guests can unwind and explore offerings from six restaurants and lounges, which will all welcome guests to a truly lavish experience.
A dive centre, an art studio, a rooftop lounge and many more on-site amenities mean visitors will certainly never be bored at this spot of paradise, surrounded by white sands and turquoise waters.
Each of the 109 secluded villas feature their own private pools and deck areas for dining or relaxing. The hotel is gorgeously located on Amingiri Island in the Male Atoll.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort & Spa
5. Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives – a cool, hip and vibrant and very uniquely beautiful hotel ideal an ultimate island experience
Imagine you are sipping a cocktail on your private terrace whilst watching the sunset, and a manta ray swings by. Or you are greeted by a colourful, giant turtle on your morning swim.
All this becomes a reality in Finohlu, where you are truly living in a different world. The hotel is based in Baa Atoll, an island protected by UNESCO as a biosphere reserve.
The colours of the corals and fish exude a very special, magical atmosphere at the Finolhu, which is commonly referred to as a ‘place of dreams’.
Here, guests can choose between 4 different restaurants, all characterised by a highly refined mixture of craftmanship, individuality, local ingredients, and international style.
- To book, check prices or availability for Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
6. JW Marriott Maldives Resort & Spa – an Instagrammable, stylish and trendy resort where guests can enjoy unique dining experiences from around the world
The JW Marriott edges the azure waters of Shaviyani Atoll, and is often acclaimed as a sanctuary of scenic luxury. A wide variety of activities, including scuba-diving, snorkelling, jet-skiing and sailing, are on offer at the hotel, with further activities for children.
Guests are invited to refresh in the sparkling waters of the hotel’s swimming pool, and to punctuate their days with a memorable experience at the luxury spa, indulging in a massage, wellness therapy, or rejuvenating beauty treatment.
The warm, inviting hospitality which awaits guests at the JW Marriott leaves a beautiful impression on everybody, as many guests return here year after year.
The 60 thatched-roof, luxurious Overwater pool villas offer spacious living areas, contemporary design, and unobstructed views of the Indian Ocean. Each villa draws inspirations from the natural surroundings, and local Maldivian culture.
- To book, check prices or availability for JW Marriott Maldives Resort & Spa
7. LUX* South Ari Atoll Resort & Villas – a stylish, chic and trendy resort located on one of the largest islands in the Maldives
To spend time on this tropical faraway island is to embrace the lavish serenity and earthly pleasures of the Maldives. The resort is surrounded by a kaleidoscope of colours, and postcard-perfect scenery.
It surprises guests with pop-up cinema screenings on the beach, fabulous musical performances, and stunning pathways through lush tropical gardens.
Unspoilt beaches await guests, just steps from the ocean-perched, thatch-roofed villas. LUX* South Ari Atoll is a prime spot for spotting whale-sharks, snorkelling in the unblemished lagoon, and luxuriating in the shade of coconut palms.
The hotel boasts two turquoise pools and an ocean-view spa, in which guests can surrender to the charms of this castaway idyll.
- To book, check prices or availability for LUX* South Ari Atoll Resort & Villas
8. Sun Island Resort & Spa – an eco-friendly, vibrant and quirky resort featuring 9 dining options, a fitness centre and an outdoor pool
Whether on the hunt for serenity or adrenaline-fuelled experiences, at Sun Island visitors will discover a paradise like no other, owing in part to its awe-inspiring setting on one of the largest Maldivian Islands, surrounded by a thriving biodiversity and marine life.
Here, natural beauty meets vibrant interior design, and fuses to radiate a luxury indoor/outdoor vibe. The hotel is nestled in lush coconut palms, and boasts an abundance of opportunities to reconnect with nature.
Its 462 beautifully furnished villas offer harmonious views, and are all fully equipped with modern amenities, making guests feel as comfortable as ever whilst waking up to the sounds of tropical birds and the beauty of turquoise waters.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sun Island Resort & Spa
9. COMO Maalifushi – a contemporary, elegant and upscale resort well known for its diving and surf breaks
This hotel is tropical minimalism done to perfection. The vibe is sophisticated yet easy and unpretentious, with all accommodations boasting the thatched roofs and bleached woods characteristic of a luxurious Maldives ocean-villa.
Here, guests are welcome to pick up snorkelling gear and play in the house reef, or engage in countless other water-based activities (including dolphin spotting!).
The hotel itself offers wellness programmes, which are complimented by an immaculate service and nourishing treatments. The resort’s 65 villas are beautifully positioned around the island, and all feature a soothing interior, vaulted ceilings, and huge Japanese-style soaking tubs.
- To book, check prices or availability for COMO Maalifushi
10. W Maldives – a 5-star, vibrant and unique resort located on a heart-shaped island surrounded by white sand beaches
This 5-star private island resort is the perfect escape to fuel your lust for life. The signature style of the W hotel is infused with turquoise water and pristine sand, to provide luxury, personality, and an unforgettable experience.
Whether you prefer jumping in the ocean from your own deck, waking up to the sound of the waves drumming against the infinity pool, or relaxing amidst lush tropical foliage, at the W you can soak it all up in a comfortable, breath-taking environment.
Upon entrance to this heart-shaped island resort, your senses will be ignited with overwhelming splendour. The awesome 360° panoramic views are just the icing on the cake!
- To book, check prices or availability for W Maldives
11. Raffles Maldives Meradhoo – an elegant, trendy and unique boutique resort offering both a beach island and overwater experience
Raffles Maldives, a luxury boutique resort consisting of two islands, is located in the serene Gaafu Alifu Atoll. One of its islands is exclusively over-water, and the other is a tropical green haven with pristine beaches.
Each island is encircled by house reef, abundant with marine life, and all excitement is supported by the luxury and world-renowned service of the Raffles brand.
The hotel is laidback luxury at its finest, and is situated in a beautiful hideaway spot. Guests can dive and snorkel with a myriad of sea life, take part in many water-sport activities on site, or gaze at the white sand beach which perfectly sweeps around the gorgeous villas.
- To book, check prices or availability for Raffles Maldives Meradhoo
12. Hurawalhi Island Resort – an adults-only, upscale and contemporary resort perfect for couple’s looking to have a romantic getaway
Lavish comfort, mesmerizing views, and pure exclusivity combine to form a once-in-a-lifetime experience at the Hurawalhi. Guests can revel in their preferred setting, both beachside and over-water, with paradise at their fingertips and the ocean on their doorstep.
The resort prides itself on environmentally friendly undertakings, and its 90 individually decorated guestrooms feature minibars and flat-screen TV’s.
The perfect match of serenity and excitement, and of comfort and adventure, the Hurawalhi arouses all the senses, with its intricate blend of intimacy and thrill.
Here, guests can embrace genuine connections, and cherish inner balance unimpeded by outside demands, and simply, just be in the moment and revel in pure, barefoot bliss.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hurawalhi Island Resort
13. Alila Kothaifaru Maldives – a new, upscale boutique accommodation well known for being one of the best spots to experience the ‘Sea of Stars’
This gorgeous hotel, surrounded by a stunning house reef in the scenic Raa Atoll, offers both discovery and serenity in a breath-taking destination, embraced by nature’s wonders.
Here, guests can enjoy excursions to the world-famous Hanifaru Bay UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, a protected marine sanctuary which is the largest feeding and breeding hotspot in the world for Whale Sharks and Manta Rays.
Located also very close to Vaadhoo Island, guests can also witness the spectacular ‘Sea of Stars’ phenomenon, which is a rather extraordinary sight to behold.
The hotel is remote and unspoilt, yet maintains an air of tranquil seclusion, and offers abundant snorkelling and diving options to guests who want to explore its incredibly rich and diverse underwater world.
- To book, check prices or availability for Alila Kothaifaru Maldives
14. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa – a sleek, stylish and lavish resort where guests can indulge in a relaxing and rejuvenating stay
This 5-star Maldives hotel is spread across the Emboodhu Finolhu island, amidst one of the Maldives’ largest lagoons. This tropical isle is renowned for its rich flora and fauna, and is surrounded by coral reefs and the azure waters of the Indian Ocean.
This postcard-perfect getaway offers 64 sea-view suites and villas, all set delicately over the lagoon, maintaining a fine balance between luxury and nature.
Guests can lounge by a breath-taking infinity pool, laze in a hammock over the stunning water, and lay below the stars at night, all within this oasis of calm.
Otherwise, they can choose to savour the best from the culinary world, by pleasing their palates with carefully selected ingredients, in a partially al-fresco, candle-lit setting.
- To book, check prices or availability for Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
15. Conrad Maldives Rangali Island – an award-winning, idyllic and classic accommodation that is the world’s first undersea residence
The Conrad is an idyllic paradise spot, topped with lush tropical greenery and unrivalled views of the Indian Ocean.
With plunge-pools and instagrammable stairs leading into the Ocean, guests truly find bliss at this island sanctuary. Pristine, peaceful and extraordinary, this resort is lifetimes away from the outside world, perched 100 metres off the tip of the main island.
Renowned for abundant flora and fauna and nestled in the South Ari Atoll, the Conrad fuses breath-taking surroundings and well-appointed service, connecting guests with the true charm of the Maldives.
You will also dive right into a culinary journey here, with the country’s first subterranean wine bar, and 12 world-class restaurants.
- To book, check prices or availability for Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
16. Sun Siyam Vilu Reef – a beautiful, elegant boutique resort featuring a private cinema under the stars
At the Sun Siyam Vila Reef, guests will enjoy a 5-star luxury experience with the sand beneath their feet. Here is the ideal haven for honeymooners who want to sink into new levels of relaxation, soundtracked by the crashing waves of the Indian Ocean.
Some of the Maldives’ most gorgeous coral reef surrounds the water villas at this breath-taking resort, giving guests the opportunity to genuinely step into a new dimension in the under-water paradise.
Coconut palms sway in the breeze, and exotic flora and fauna embellish this beautiful island. The decadent treatments on offer in the spa, the lavish dining experiences amongst the artistry and flair of high-end chefs, all combine to provide guests with a genuine life-changing experience.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sun Siyam Vilu Reef
Bathala, the island which houses this extraordinary resort, is situated in a privileged position, and its waters boast a variety of fish species and a remarkable, unparalleled richness.
This all-inclusive resort, with its simple style contrasting the high-end comforts on offer, is perfect for families, friends, couples, and diving enthusiasts!
The hotel is immersed in the beautiful island’s nature, boasting 70 rooms surrounded by house reef, colourful fish, reef sharks, and beautiful giant turtles. In terms of dining, the buffet-style Island Gallery provides a fresh fish barbeque, live cooking stations, and local dishes.
The Mvua African Rain Spa captures the beauty and magic of the African environment, and invites guests to savour a unique and precious moment.
- To book, check prices or availability for Sandies Bathala
18. You & Me Maldives – a rustic, chic and quiet resort that is a favourite for a couples to enjoy a romantic vacation
Nestled in an untouched corner of the Maldives, the rustic and romantic island housing You & Me operates worlds away from the stresses of everyday life. It is the place to spend quality time with loved ones.
The resort has 109 rooms, 99 of which are over the beautiful blue water, and possess a unique style not found anywhere else in the Maldives. All rooms come with handmade furnishings made of natural wood, with echoes to African traditions, whilst bathrooms boast refined details to compliment their luxury amenities.
H20 by Berton, the first underwater restaurant in the Maldives, is the first of its kind, providing guests with 360 degree views of the Maldives’ unbelievable marine environment.
- To book, check prices or availability for You & Me Maldives
19. Soneva Jani – one of the most famous resorts providing guests with a family-friendly, eco-chic and exclusive stay
For you experience seekers, the indulgent escapism of a sparkling turquoise lagoon at Soneva Jani is going to be irresistible.
Nestled within the tranquil waters of the Noonu Atoll, the azure seas and sun-drenched blue skies extend in every direction, and are topped with unparalleled access to exhilarating water-sports and marine experiences.
With 51 over-water and 3 island residences, each accommodation is designed for the utmost privacy, with gorgeous ocean views. Whether heading on a romantic couples’ retreat or a family vacation, every stay at Soneva Jani is totally personalized, with 24-hour barefoot guardian services to fulfil your every need.
Here is the perfect spot to reconnect mind, body and soul, and unite ancient therapies with the trendiest wellness innovations.
- To book, check prices or availability for Soneva Jani
20. The Barefoot Eco Hotel – a tranquil, modern and eco-friendly hotel featuring a spa and floating bar
One of the pearls of the Maldives, this hotel is a main contributor to the country’s conservation, and offers guests the chance to learn a multitude of biological and ecological facts about the wildlife which inhabit this environment.
Located in the preserved deep North of Maldives, within an almost unscathed forest on Hanimaadhoo Island, this hotel allows every visitor to fall in love with untouched nature, and live an authentic life during their Maldives vacation.
What’s more, the scenery around this hotel is phenomenal, with half a mile of private, sandy beach and a turquoise lagoon framing the property.
The 40 rooms are all meticulously built to blend in with this beauty, and boast creative designs, elegant stone bathrooms, and views which last a lifetime!
- To book, check prices or availability for The Barefoot Eco Hotel
We also have posts on…
- Cool boutique hotels in Singapore
- Cool boutique hotels in Dubai
- Cool boutique hotels in Doha
- Cool boutique hotels in Bermuda
- Cool boutique hotels in Bahamas
- Cool boutique hotels in Tokyo
- Cool boutique hotels in Sydney
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Osaka
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Kyoto
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Cancun
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Goa
Born and raised in Brazil, Gaby has always had a taste for the intriguing, the off-beat and the far flung. After travelling around most of South America, living in Spain and Italy and then moving to England, her feet have stayed continually twitchy. Studying for a degree in Spanish translation and then learning five more languages only poured more fuel onto her travelling ardor.
Gaby likes nothing better than discovering new destinations and meeting the locals, tasting the cuisine and hearing about the local stories. Her other indulgences include French cinema, boxing, photography, colourful manicures and soaking up the rays on a sun-infused beach. She counts Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon and Cornwall as her most favourite places in the world.