Widely known as one of the most snow-sure resorts in France, Tignes sits at an altitude of 2100m above sea level. Attracting families and large groups of students and friends, the renowned après-ski parties offer an eclectic dynamism to suit every taste and budget.
Tignes has also received rave reviews from the hiking community, as its location at the gates of the Vanoise National Park and Grande Sassière nature reserve offers remarkable views of high mountain treasures, such as lakes, glaciers, and snow-capped peaks.
In Tignes, never is a lift too far from the front door of your hotel. Accommodations range from cosy chalet-style boutiques to high-end alpine resorts. Here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Tignes, France (in no particular order)…
1. Les Suites – Maison Bouvier – one of the first 5-star hotels in Tignes where guests can enjoy a fun, contemporary, upscale and rustic-chic stay
A unique hospitality story born from the desire to offer a personalized experience in a unique setting, Maison Bouvier is one of the most recognized hotels in the Savoyard region.
Les Suites, one of the several establishments that enliven the resort, consists of 24 modular accommodations which put you at arm’s reach to the skiing adventures.
Each suite is tastefully decorated through craftmanship and contemporary art, forming a graceful cocoon with an alpine ambiance. A unique experience is offered at the on-site starred gourmet restaurant, which boasts a captivating and intimate setting to immerse yourself into the Tignes charm.
- To book, check prices or availability for Les Suites – Maison Bouvier
2. Hôtel Le Diamond Rock – a modern, Instaworthy and chic boutique hotel featuring a wellness center with a hammam, sauna and hot tub
Five-star luxury has been redefined at Diamond Rock, which boasts a stunning slope-side location, and is the most recent creation of Parisian entrepreneur Didier Rivière. Offering a high-altitude cocktail of cosmopolitan opulence and alpine beauty, girdling views of Tignes’ landscapes are featured in the 64 doubles and suites.
Boasting a stunning play of woods, through larch, oak, teak, bamboo, and burnt black wood from Japan, the hotel’s design pays clear homage to the stupendous natural beauty of the surrounding National Park.
Books and games entertain in the slope-facing lounge with suspended wood burner, while signature edelweiss and ice treatments await in the serene Pure Altitude spa.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hôtel Le Diamond Rock
3. Résidence Ynycio – a new, trendy and upscale accommodation perfect for partying Millennials and Gen Zs
Opening in December, Résidence Ynycio welcomes you to a Latin atmosphere, inspired by the illustrious mountains of South America.
The hotel’s choice of colours is inspired by Argentinian haciendas, while the apartments are embellished in soothing and cocooning shades. This bright and spacious establishment reveals the beauty of the surrounding mountains, yet maintaining an ethnic, chic ambiance through its well-appointed furnishings.
The apartments evoke timeless elegance through a soothing, zen décor, while the festive bar-restaurant will treat your re-energized soul to an evening of atmospheric dancing, and signature cuisine prepared by Colombian chef Juan Arbalaez.
At an altitude of 2100 metres you can rejuvenate mind, body, and soul in the on-site spa, which comes equipped with a relaxing swimming pool, saunas, and hammam, as well as a panoramic terrace.
- To book, check prices or availability for Résidence Ynycio
4. Tetras Lodge – a trendy, chic and vibrant hotel perfect for a couple’s romantic getaway
An ode to sweetness, Tetras Lodge adds a unique twist to the Tignes hospitality scene, with its intimate atmosphere and prime proximity to the slopes.
A true refuge of gentleness and warmth, the hotel is a dedication of affection to the surrounding valleys, and provides the postcard-perfect backdrop to your winter or summer vacation. A bucolic river flows through the foot of the hotel, between the elusive mountains and the Isère.
You can choose a cosy nest among rooms and junior suites, which all feature a contemporary, inviting design, as well as stunning views of the lagoon with its 1000 shades of blue.
- To book, check prices or availability for Tetras Lodge
5. Langley Hôtel Tignes 2100 – a hip, contemporary and stylish hotel with Insta-worthy views overlooking the lake and surrounding mountains perfect for partying
Putting the best of Tignes at your fingertips, Langley Hôtel bolsters a chic-meets-cosy look through soft lighting, snug sofas, and earthy colours.
There is a bountiful array of respite spaces at this stunning alpine boutique. You can play board games by the fire in the lounge, get stuck into a book in the library, or wander down to the wellness area to become transported to a world of serenity in the hot tub, sauna, and Turkish bath.
The guestrooms are compact and fashionable, offering smart storage spaces and even smarter design work, in the backdrop of the awe-inspiring mountains. The kitchen specializes in an eclectic mix of French, Swedish, and Italian dishes, and offers some of the best stone-baked pizzas in town.
- To book, check prices or availability for Langley Hôtel Tignes 2100
6. Hôtel VoulezVous Tignes le Lac – a stylish, unique and elegant hotel perfectly located steps away from the ski lifts and slopes
Inspired by the stunning backdrop of the Grande Motte glacier, VoulezVouz is a unique example of contemporary architecture, and invites you to revel in freedom and creativity in an elegant setting.
Situated 50m from the slopes and 200m from the lifts, this lavish property boasts an optimum location for those looking to spend a majestic day skiing in the Tignes-Val d’Isere area.
A 600 m² spa awaits you afterwards with a hot tub, sauna, hammam, and pool, where you can bathe in opulence before heading to the Icebreaker bar, which will treat you to a handcrafted cocktail as you sit by the fireplace.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hôtel VoulezVous Tignes le Lac
7. Hôtel Le TAOS – a themed, cozy and modern hotel with interior decor inspired by the New Mexico mountains
At Hôtel Le TAOS, elements of deserts and prairies come to the fore with light woods, tribal motifs, and stone textures, exuding a soothing ambiance.
A namesake of the settlement in New Mexico, this stunning 4-star hotel will guide you to discover the mountain in the traditional style of the Native American culture, with unobstructed panoramic views beaming through every window in the property.
The vivacious echo of the Native American theme radiates into the hotel’s restaurant, which combines artful simplicity with first-rate refinement to set the tone for a blissful dining experience. The hotel’s location is top-notch, with direct access to the Lavachet slope, as well as all of Tignes’ premium services.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hôtel Le TAOS
8. Les Campanules Hôtels-Chalets de Tradition – a charming and historic hotel that blends authentic alpine design with modern day amenities
One of Tignes’s most historic and emblematic hotels, Les Campanules invites you to indulge in an authentic hospitality experience, where beautiful gastronomy is combined with a relaxing and comforting atmosphere.
When you walk through the Campanules gates you will be greeted with a light-hearted family welcome, as you enter into a world where the mountains sparkle and the ski lifts are at your fingertips.
The plush guestroom interiors are an immediate calling to a blissful night of fullness, where you will wake up feeling re-energized, and ready to tackle the slopes.
At the on-site restaurant Le Chalet, not only will you be wowed upon entrance, but your palate will also be treated to astonishing flavours, in a space distinguished by the Michelin guide for its quality cuisine.
- To book, check prices or availability for Les Campanules Hôtels-Chalets de Tradition
9. Le Taos – an elegant, lavish and Native American-inspired accommodation well equipped for a memorable stay
Le Taos welcomes guests to an elegant alpine atmosphere, where soothing décor is enhanced through large windows, as breath-taking visuals of the snow-capped peaks come beaming through.
Abundantly graced by thoughtful touches, a stay here offers premium access to the world-famous ski slopes and a blissful wellness experience where gentle luxury blends with rustic Scandi furnishings, topped with personalized treatments.
Opulent egg chairs dotted around lavish seating areas offer the optimum space to kick back and soak up the alpine ambiance, while the in-room experience is characterized by state-of-the-art amenities, marble-clad bathrooms, and plush bedding.
- To book, check prices or availability for Le Taos
10. CGH Résidences & Spas La Ferme Du Val Claret – a spacious, traditional and pet-friendly accommodation located in the heart of Tignes
You won’t find a more suited place to explore the small and great moments of Tignes than La Ferme du Val Claret, a charming residence embellished with warm décor.
Designed for maximum sunlight to blossom through the large windows, the apartments are decorated with wood, stone, and warm fabrics, complemented by a comprehensive array of high-end amenities.
An on-site wellness centre offers an unrivalled pampering experience, where you can relax in a jetted tub or receive the delicate touch of a personalized massage experience. Located at the foot of the slopes, these CGH Résidences are a gateway to a heavenly escape, with optimum spaces provided for couples, full families, and friends to revel in happiness.
- To book, check prices or availability for CGH Résidences & Spas La Ferme Du Val Claret
11. CGH Résidences & Spas Le Télémark – a classic and rustic chalet-style accommodation where guests can experience the luxury of an on-site spa
Situated between the lake and the Vanoise mountains, Le Télémark invites you to discover a state of inner bliss from the comfort of your own private balcony or terrace.
Its mountain architecture, with chalets arranged in a star, offers a unique setting to soak up the charming alpine surroundings, while its direct access to one of the world’s most beautiful ski areas allows you optimum time on your snowy adventures.
For a moment of serenity, let yourself be guided by expert hands at the on-site spa, where a multitude of treatments await you after an exhilarating day on the slopes.
- To book, check prices or availability for CGH Résidences & Spas Le Télémark
12. Hôtel Le Refuge – a cute, cozy, traditional and family-friendly hotel where guests can enjoy breakfast in a panoramic dining area
An authentic haven located in the heart of Tignes, Le Refuge is the perfect spot to indulge in the alpine pastures from a warm and cosy cocoon.
From your private balcony you will face up to wonderful panoramas of the surrounding ski area, which you can access the following morning with easy access.
Complementing the ravishingly scenic display of snow-capped peaks from the windows are trendsetting in-room amenities, which include a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a mini bar, and a personal fridge. Each morning a delicious continental breakfast is served, and in the bar, you will find a large terrace, as well as a billiards table.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hôtel Le Refuge
We also have posts on…
- Cool and trendy hotels in Val d’Isere
- Cool and trendy hotels in Verbier
- Cool and trendy hotels in Méribel
- Cool and trendy hotels in Courchevel
- Cool and trendy hotels in Zermatt
- Cool and trendy hotels in Paris
- Cool and trendy hotels in Vienna
- Cool and Unusual hotels in St Moritz
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Breuil-Cervinia
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Mayrhofen
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Ischgl
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Chamonix
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Val Thorens
- Cool and Unusual hotels in Megeve
Gary is an award winning full time professional photographer and videographer with too much wanderlust for his own good. Fuelled by strong coffee, you’ll often find him wandering well off hiking trails in search of interesting photographic subjects or scenery to video. Self taught and with the use of pioneering digital techniques, he quickly built up a strong client base and has worked with many prestigious organisations, including GQ, BBC, London Fashion Week, Grazia, Sky, Metro, Vogue Italia. He specialising in evocative images of people, places and cinematic videography and his goal is to make the viewer look twice and engage. As well as a penchant for good design, the ketogenic diet and Hungarian Vizslas, he also has a huge affection for Chicago, Bucharest, Scandinavia, Croatia and absolutely everywhere in Italy. Find him on Instagram @garynansome, Twitter @garynansome and his website https://garynunn.co.uk/