Located on the Arkansas River in Oklahoma, ‘the world’s largest small towns’ has a history of once being home to an eclectic collection of wranglers, cowboys and pioneers. Often mentioned as being one of the country’s best-kept secrets, it’s also quite a hip spot with great examples of art deco architecture, an underground arts scene, great shopping, trendy clubs, and an awesome food and drink scene. Its hotels are pretty fun too, from intimate quirky-chic boutiques to modern, fun and hip, here are the best cool and unusual hotels in Tulsa, Oklahoma…
1. Hotel Indigo Tulsa – a hip, trendy and very Instagrammable boutique downtown hotel that offers breathtaking views
A stunning boutique hotel with 93 rooms, onsite gym and meeting rooms, a lovely restaurant and two bars located right in the heart of downtown Tulsa. With rooms styled like modern loft apartments, interposed with quirky art and some unique touches, Hotel Indigo Tulsa always catches the eye.
But it’s not just the décor you will remember this hotel for, its amazing service and one of the greatest selling points of any hotel anywhere, its own, home-produced honey.
Known as Indigo Gold, this all-natural honey is produced by rescued bees in a beehive that sits on the roof of the hotel. Saving bees, providing delicious honey, it’s all part of a normal day at Hotel Indigo!
- To book, check prices or availability for Hotel indigo Tulsa
2. Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa – one of the coolest and most fun hotels in Tulsa perfect for partying Millenials and Gen Zs
With 454 rooms and a wealth of entertainment on site, the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino has something for everyone. Cool, clean and classy, the rooms feature TV and wifi while adding to the comfort is amazing service that really makes you feel at home. But when we are talking about the top 12 cool and unusual hotels in Tulsa, it needs a bit more.
That is where the entertainment comes in, with a full gym, an adult-only pool, event and business center and more, but above all, the casino itself.
Slots, table games and everything else you love about casinos is a few steps from your room, and with regular promotions, you don’t just have a chance to win money, with golf carts, holidays, boats and cars all recent promotional prizes.
- To book, check prices or availability for Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa
3. Tulsa Club Hotel Curio Collection By Hilton – a stylish and chic hotel that boasts an unusual art deco architecture
Approaching the hotel tells you this is something special, with its amazing art deco design from 1927 setting the tone for what follows. Rooms are luxurious without being overwhelming, clean lines and intricate details bring that art deco feel to the modern world, blending the two seamlessly.
The hotel sits at the heart of downtown Tulsa, convenient for the many quality restaurants and attractions, but with its own in-house American Tavern-style restaurant and beautiful lounge, you don’t have to go far to enjoy quality food.
- To book, check prices or availability for Tulsa Club Hotel Curio Collection By Hilton
4. The Mayo Hotel – an iconic historic hotel that offers a free airport shuttle
Another amazing hotel in downtown Tulsa, The Mayo Hotel is the last word in luxury living.
Sitting behind the glorious 1925 façade are 76 unique rooms that offer a magical blend of modern luxury and classic style, with high-end kitchen and laundry facilities as well as light, spacious design whichever you choose.
A bar, gym and business center give you everything you need for business or pleasure, however, it is the classic ambience and highest level of service that you will remember long after your trip is over.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Mayo Hotel
5. The Ambassador Hotel Tulsa – an awesome hotel that blends a swagger vibe and a charming interior
A hotel that is also on the National Registry of Historic Places, The Ambassador takes you back in time to the roaring twenties, when style was everything and luxury was expected.
Featuring 55 beautiful rooms with classic, clean lines, each featuring a work desk and soft, welcoming airmchair to cozy up with a good book, entering the Ambassador is like walking onto a movie set.
But while the vibe is definitely the 1920’s, service and technology is right up to date, and with a gym, restaurant and bar to hand, you can immerse yourself in traditional luxury without sacrificing anything you love about modern life.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Ambassador Hotel Tulsa
6. Aloft Tulsa Downtown – a fun, creative and trendy hotel where guests can enjoy an outdoor pool and a 24 hours fitness center
If you are looking for the definition of modernism in hotel design, you could show a picture of any of the rooms at Aloft.
Clean lines, integrated tech and subtle colors make this a fantastic place to stay. Large windows give plenty of light and a great view as well, with a high level of service completing the experience.
You have access to an outdoor pool, fitness center and both laundry and dry-cleaning services in the hotel, with a convenience store for snacks and a bar to relax in. For families, they have a number of children’s activities, and you can rent bicycles, the ideal way to explore Tulsa.
- To book, check prices or availability for Aloft Tulsa Downtown
7. The Campbell Hotel 17 West Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection – a beautiful hotel located in the heart of Tulsa that welcomes pets
A true boutique hotel with each room telling its own story in a unique style, when you choose The Campbell Hotel you can enjoy anything from modern, colorful style to the glorious look of antique wood and four-poster beds. No wonder the hotel is the recipient of several design awards, each room is a masterpiece in itself.
But that design and atmosphere doesn’t stop with the spectacular rooms, the lounge evokes the feel of an old bar, where everyone might know your name, and the spa is a haven of self-indulgence, where you can relax and be pampered to your heart’s content.
- To book, check prices or availability for The Campbell Hotel 17 West Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection
8. Aloft Tulsa – a cool and unusual hotel that is one of the most popular in Tulsa
Close to Expo Square and with easy access to Broken Arrow, Aloft Tulsa has a style and feel all its own. Rooms here are spacious and airy, minimizing clutter for a very modern look without compromising comfort, and as you may expect include work desks, TV, wifi and other essential amenities.
Service is excellent, and a laundry service, games room and convenience store on site make life a pleasure when staying here. There is also authentic an outdoor pool, meeting space and fitness center to keep you occupied.
Close by are a range of restaurants and snack foods, covering everything from Krispy Kreme to Mexican food and fine dining, so whatever your taste, you can enjoy great eating.
- To book, check prices or availability for Aloft Tulsa
9. Postoak Lodge and Retreat – a unique lodge that provides great activities to guests such as hiking, zip-lining and much more
Get away from the world and enjoy the natural beauty of Oklahoma, where you can relax in the grounds, enjoy great food or take on an adventure with the zipline tours. With its brick and wood construction, the lodge is big and bold, with airy interiors that are great for meetings entertainment and events.
Outside there are walks past the water, campfire singalongs and more. Rooms blend traditional practicality with comfort and technology, while a gym and so much more always gives you plenty to do.
The lodge is also an extremely popular wedding venue, and with that comes superb dining for all residents, with a variety of menus to suit all tastes. It’s a different experience to any city hotel, and if you love the outdoors, is the perfect destination.
- To book, check prices or availability for Postoak Lodge and Retreat
10. Unique, Themed Tulsa Home about 2 Mi to Downtown! – a relaxed holiday home with funky quirky chic decor
If bright colors are your thing, this is a holiday rental you may never want to leave! As you approach the building, the first thing that strikes you is the color, it’s a pink building!
But then you notice the red and white candy stripe awning, and you realize this wonderful vacation home looks like a sweet shop straight out of a children’s book.
Step inside and there are more colors, pink again in the living area, but blues, greens, purples and more, its an incredible place and one that you simply cannot be unhappy in.
Furnishings are high quality, so behind the very in-your-face look is a cool, comfortable and luxurious living space with two bedrooms and everything you need for a fantastic stay.
- To book, check prices or availability for Unique, Themed Tulsa Home about 2 Mi to Downtown!
11. Barn Studio with Deck and Views, Close to Dtwn! – an outstanding rustic studio that offers a countryside feeling
Just 7 miles from Tulsa Expo Square, yet enjoying the peace and quiet of a beautiful country setting, as you approach the property what you see is a traditional red barn, just like those you have seen on a hundred farms, in the movies or on TV.
But walk over the porch and through the door, and you are greeted not with the straw bales and farming equipment you expect, but a modern loft apartment, with plenty of space and light, a decked floor and a complete kitchen.
Furnishings have a rustic quality, but provide the comfortable surrounds you can just sit back and relax in, while the deck lets you watch the sun go down over the fields and trees.
Free wifi ensures you have the modern tech you need, while easy travel to Broken Arrow and the many areas of Tulsa you want to enjoy making it a great place to use as a base for exploration. At the end of every hectic day, come back to the peace and tranquillity to recharge for another day on the tourist trail.
- To book, check prices or availability for Barn Studio with Deck and Views, Close to Dtwn!
We also have posts on…
- Cool and unique hotels in Oklahoma City
- Cool and unique hotels in Dallas
- Cool and unique hotels in St Louis
- Cool and unique hotels in Kansas City
- Cool and unique hotels in Memphis
- Cool and unique hotels in Austin
- Cool and unique hotels in Houston
- Cool and unique hotels in Albuquerque
My first true adventure began as a six month voyage around South East Asia as a fresh faced backpacker and ever since I’ve lived a semi nomadic existence, clocking up visits to over 40 countries. I’m a lover of US Road Trips, deserted beaches bathed in warm glow of a sunset, Cuban mojitos, travel destinations far away from the tourist crowds and all things Scandinavian – from cloudberry liquors to Nordic noirs. When not wandering the world and running Global Grasshopper, you’ll find me walking my rescued Greek street dog in leafy South West London, strolling around the Brighton Lanes on random day trips, hunting for photogenic landscapes or daydreaming about my favourite places; Havana, Copenhagen, Italy, Laos, California and the surreally beautiful landscapes of a wintry Iceland.